Identified! SC - Yemassee, BlkFem 28-35, 347UFSC, scars - thyroid, c-section & hysterectomy, May'95 *GRAPHIC* - Maria Telles-Gonzalez

If she was transported in a car, one would think that she would not have been lying flat, unless the car was a van or truck. But you are right. A person lying in place for a period of time, then transported for a period of time, and then dumped would probably show three lividity patterns.

Maybe she was put in someone's van almost immediately after death? That would make sense because if she was in a van, possibly with a blanket or tarp over her, then the culprit could be fairly sure she wouldn't be detected while he planned what to do with her.

I looked at the picture and saw the article about the DNA and I'd have to say that she is probably from one of four countries originally - Cuba (they have a significant Afro-Cuban minority), Dominican Republic, Venezuela or Panama.

I would think, however, that the Cuban community would be more likely to report one of their own missing than some of the others which have higher proportions of illegal immigrants and therefore more likely not to get involved with law enforcement.

Wow I can definitely see a facial resemblance to Sybil Ramona Warren Reasypeasy! I wonder has she been ruled out?

MOO

both Sybil and the UID's DNA are in codis so they would have produced a match if they were one in the same.

I looked at the picture and saw the article about the DNA and I'd have to say that she is probably from one of four countries originally - Cuba (they have a significant Afro-Cuban minority), Dominican Republic, Venezuela or Panama.

I would think, however, that the Cuban community would be more likely to report one of their own missing than some of the others which have higher proportions of illegal immigrants and therefore more likely not to get involved with law enforcement.

She looks like she might be from the Dominican Republic to me, but I could be wrong.

CarlK posted a photo of a new MP in Namus from Michigan and I instantly thought of this UID. Thank you, Carl!!!

Some of the information is off but it would the distance between the places would be somewhat consistent with Kent County, Michigan being a 15 or so hour drive to Yemassee, SC.

What do you think?

Kathleen Dennis:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14696/9

2094548010045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
2197357890045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

They do look quite similar. Their facial shapes are identical.

But I do see differences. The bottoms of their noses around the nostrils are shaped differently, and the bridge of Cotton Hall Jane Doe's nose is more pronounced. And there is a distinct groove on CHJD's forehead from the metopic cranial suture that you don't see on Katherine.

CHJD also has much fewer blemishes around her mouth, though that photo appears to have been cleaned up quite a bit. They might have photoshopped out the blemishes.

But I do see differences. The bottoms of their noses around the nostrils are shaped differently, and the bridge of Cotton Hall Jane Doe's nose is more pronounced. And there is a distinct groove on CHJD's forehead from the metopic cranial suture that you don't see on Katherine.

CHJD also has much fewer blemishes around her mouth, though that photo appears to have been cleaned up quite a bit. They might have photoshopped out the blemishes.

Thank you for taking a look at them. They do appear eerily similar but now that you mention it, I do notice the differences in the nose...

Catheryn Flores was recently listed on NamUs. She is about the same height and weight as the UID, a bit older than the age estimate. She has had Thyroidectomy like the UID and has two daughters (I'm not sure if they were delivered by C-section).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15184/35

I was looking at Catheryn against the Cotton Hall Jane Doe this morning. I passed on it though. Catheryn has a much broader nose.

Kathleen Dennis looks very like this Jane Doe to me! Obviously the postmortem pics have been photoshopped and the angles are different so not sure I would rule out entirely based on a few small differences. :moo:

Might be a political killing, either pro or anti Castro Cuban. By the way, did you know that when mobster Jon Roberts fled NYC for Miami in 1974, he drove the whole thing at once? He stopped at a rest stop in the Carolinas, about halfway through what must have been a 24-hour drive on I-95. So, 12 hours from SC is NY, NJ, Miami and the organized crime activity therein.

If you look at the inset picture of the earrings in the poster, you can see CHJD appears to have a blemish (or bruise?): http://www.bcso.net/Cold_Cases/UnidentifiedFemale_CottonHallRd_5-24-1995.pdf

Also, isn't there something really strange about the little flap of cartilage between the ear opening and the temple? As if it had been snipped in half at one point?

If you look at the inset picture of the earrings in the poster, you can see CHJD appears to have a blemish (or bruise?): http://www.bcso.net/Cold_Cases/UnidentifiedFemale_CottonHallRd_5-24-1995.pdf

Also, isn't there something really strange about the little flap of cartilage between the ear opening and the temple? As if it had been snipped in half at one point?

It's certainly unusual. I can't tell whether the cartilage was snipped or if it just has a very unique shape.

Nice catch!

She looks a lot like my older cousin Quisqueya, especially in the last two reconstructions on Doe Network. Her mother is white (Spaniard) and her father was Dominican (mostly black, but he had some Hispanic in him too). It's like they could be sisters or something.

I'm a little biased because of my cousin's ancestry and how similar she looks to the UP, but I really do think that there's a very good chance this woman was from the Caribbean or one of the many Latin American countries with a large mulatto (biracial) population. That would include the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Cuba, Colombia, and Haiti.

Also, does anyone else think she could be younger than NamUs's 28 - 35 age estimate? She looks older from the side but, in the first NamUs picture and the 3rd and 4th pictures (the reconstructions) on Doe Network, she looks like she could be as young as 22 or 23.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back