Found Deceased SD - Pamella Jackson & Cheryl Miller, both 17, Vermillion, 29 May 1971 *car and remains found 2013*

I wonder if maybe the boys could have lead the girls else where? Maybe their car is hidden in the woods, where its all wild life and no one ever goes. Are there any gorges or cliff like landscapes by that area? Say the boys lead the girls somewhere else, maybe their car went off something like that, or maybe into a different body of water. I read an article that a woman's car (she was missing in the '70s) was pulled out of a river five years ago. (i will try to find the article). apparently she accidentally drove in and was found for over 3 decades. it's possible with the girls (i wonder when the boys last seen the girls vehicle)? it is so odd for the car to not have been found. some may say this would indicate maybe they ran away but i disagree greatly. maybe the reason the vehicle hasnt been found is because major evidence in it, such as the girls themselves?
What troubles me is the fact they never ended up at the party...so where did they end up at???How would Lykken have intercepted them?

Parts of the car have been found on the Lykken farm.

It's too bad he never mentioned where they could be. I still wonder how he intercepted them. Do you have a link to this info? Did they just find parts of the car or did they have evidence from the girls themselves on his farm (hair cells, skin cells, clothes, personal belongings, etc)?

Do you, by chance, have a link to that? I have only read that "items of interest" have been found.

It was all over the news in 2004, but the news sites do not hold stories that long. As I recall they found a purse, bone fragments, a bible, pieces of clothing, Studebaker Lark hub caps, and part of a license plate. The stuff had been buried on the farm.

Authorities have no doubt that he did it, but apparently they do not believe they have enough to risk a trial. He was charged, but when they found out that their key witness was bad they dropped the charges rather than risk an acquittal. So they wait. He is not going anywhere, he will be in prison for the rest of his life even without the convictions for this kidnapping and murders.

I have a lot of information on this case, but it is on a hard drive on a dead computer. I can get into the drive but I had the files protected and can't access the documents. At one time I had been working on a book project on murders in the Dakotas and this was one of the cases I was researching.

It was all over the news in 2004, but the news sites do not hold stories that long. As I recall they found a purse, bone fragments, a bible, pieces of clothing, Studebaker Lark hub caps, and part of a license plate. The stuff had been buried on the farm.

Authorities have no doubt that he did it, but apparently they do not believe they have enough to risk a trial. He was charged, but when they found out that their key witness was bad they dropped the charges rather than risk an acquittal. So they wait. He is not going anywhere, he will be in prison for the rest of his life even without the convictions for this kidnapping and murders.

I remember that too. I lived in Sioux Falls during that time. My memory is just bad! I remember the hubcab and the purse being found.

The KELO (Keloland) News in Sioux Falls is VERY good at keeping links up-to-date.

If you go to this link: Keloland Search
And search for "Pam Jackson" or "Cheryl Miller", with the dates between 2004 (the farthest back they go) and now, there is a ton of links. I'll try and sift through them when I get a chance. Just wanted to throw that out there.

That being said, it's very apparent who is responsible.

i wonder where he would have put these girls! is he responsible for any other disappearances/murders?

i wonder where he would have put these girls! is he responsible for any other disappearances/murders?

KELOLAND - Sister, Informant Will Testify In Lykken Trial

According to that news article in 2008, Lykken's sister, Nancy, actually remembers a car on the property, with the two girls "slumped forward". She also remembers the bodies in a wheel-barrow and the car being buried. Keep in mind, this is his own sister. The SD DCI searched the Lykken property (which led to a lawsuit), but they didn't find that car.

Lykken is serving a 227 year sentence for rape and kidnapping at the SD State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls.

The rape/kidnapping involved a church secretary... after that multiple former girlfriends came forward to say he raped/beaten/threatened their lives.

While the girls have not been found, at least that creep is in prison for the rest of his life.

Agreed, he seems like the type who'd do it again if not caught.

This case doesn't make sense to me. No one will say how and why Lykken came to be the chief suspect. There are other things I wonder-Lykken was a classmate-were other classmates of Lykken and the girls interviewed-do they remember the girls being friendly with Lykken? Did the girls ever talk about him to their parents? Was Lykken hassling girls back then, in school?

More importantly, were those guys the girls talked to questioned thoroughly? Did they know Lykken? Where are they now? How did those girls disappear so quickly?

I, too, have always wondered how they could have vanished while following those boys in their car-how did Lykken intercept them?

Yeah, it makes NO sense. I mean, yeah, they found the car on the lykken property, but that doesn't necessarily mean he did it. Morgan Harrington was found on a farm in VA and the farmer didn't kill her.

It doesn't make sense that the boys said one minute the girls followed them and the next, the car was gone. Either the boys were involved with the murder or the timeline is wrong. Where ARE those boys?

This case doesn't make sense to me. No one will say how and why Lykken came to be the chief suspect. There are other things I wonder-Lykken was a classmate-were other classmates of Lykken and the girls interviewed-do they remember the girls being friendly with Lykken? Did the girls ever talk about him to their parents? Was Lykken hassling girls back then, in school?

More importantly, were those guys the girls talked to questioned thoroughly? Did they know Lykken? Where are they now? How did those girls disappear so quickly?

Lykken knew Pamela Jackson through her church and school (Lykken, Jackson, and Miller all attended Beresford High School, and it was and is a small enough school where everyone knows everyone). He, at the time, was the same age as them.

In my opinion, he did something to them, or knows what happened to them. But, I don't know anything about the boys that were following the girls. It would be interesting to know if those boys were friends with Lykken. If the boys went to Beresford High School, they would for sure know Lykken.

Unfortunately, I think those boys may possibly know something, but they have never been identified (to my knowledge).

Also, Lykken has a long history, including assault, rape, and burglary.

I am withholding judgement on Lykken until we find out more about these boys. I think they are guilty too.

I wonder if maybe the boys could have lead the girls else where? Maybe their car is hidden in the woods, where its all wild life and no one ever goes. Are there any gorges or cliff like landscapes by that area? Say the boys lead the girls somewhere else, maybe their car went off something like that, or maybe into a different body of water. I read an article that a woman's car (she was missing in the '70s) was pulled out of a river five years ago. (i will try to find the article). apparently she accidentally drove in and was found for over 3 decades. it's possible with the girls (i wonder when the boys last seen the girls vehicle)? it is so odd for the car to not have been found. some may say this would indicate maybe they ran away but i disagree greatly. maybe the reason the vehicle hasnt been found is because major evidence in it, such as the girls themselves?
What troubles me is the fact they never ended up at the party...so where did they end up at???How would Lykken have intercepted them?

I wish I knew where that farm was, exactly. I think it would be interesting to search the surrounding area on Google Earth. From searching David's mother's name, it looks like the farm was in Alcester, which is a very small town.

I also found it interesting that the warrant mentioned a red Studebaker Lark, while the casefile states they were driving a beige Studebaker Lark. Could be a typo somewhere.

It was also mentioned in one of the articles linked on page 2 of this thread (the one that gives details of the items found in the search) that the boys missed their turn and had to double back, and then they couldn't find the girls. I'm not sure what that means. If I were following someone because I didn't know how to get somewhere, and they missed the turn, I would miss the turn as well. I wonder where the party site was, and what the roads looked like, and how close it was to Lykken's farm.

I wish I knew where that farm was, exactly. I think it would be interesting to search the surrounding area on Google Earth. From searching David's mother's name, it looks like the farm was in Alcester, which is a very small town.

47345 307th St
Alcester, SD 57001

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona