Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) has anyone near UCLA looked into the umpteen boxes available from synanon? since the picture in question is under "school: I might start with that box..... if I were near LA. I noticed n

GinaM has volunteered to do this research. She said she has been very busy but will get to it soon. Maybe someone should put together a list of things for her to look for when she goes. You're right Doogie, it was over in the Rose thread. Someof the details/information in these 2 threads are starting to run together in my mind:waitasec:

After April 14th I may be able to help Gina--I live in S. Cal too.

I found a different pic of Georgiann Brady. (I realize that Annasmom didn't think she looked like Anna, and she should know better than anyone), but this pose with a smile, looks even more like Anna to me. Could you all compare these and give me your thoughts. Also, Where exactly was Anna's mole? I think I read it was on her cheek bone just under her right eye, but how far down? Was it big, little, a bump? I can't see it in any of her pictures.

In one of the pics of Georgiann there appears to be a light colored bump under her right eye.

Anna
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/iNTERESTEDWOMAN/?action=view&current=Making-a-face-1972.jpg

Georgiann Brady no smile (Possible mole just under her right eye)
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/iNTERESTEDWOMAN/?action=view&current=71_1.jpg

Anna
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&current=Last-photo-1-73-adjusted.jpg

Georgiann Brady w/smile, shows thin arms
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/iNTERESTEDWOMAN/?action=view&current=georgiann.jpg

If you've down loaded the new explorer magnify to 150%

It's also interesting to add that Georgiann's mother's name is Michaeleen. Just 2 additional letters of Annas Mom, and her little sister who is less than a year younger name is Michele MARGARET Brady. Before Peoples Temple, Michaeleen was a hairdresser & PT preschool teacher. From searching birth records it also appears she might have has another child in 1964 named Elizabeth, who also died on the same day. When I have more time, I'll write down everything I've uncovered about this family.

I found a different pic of Georgiann Brady. (I realize that Annasmom didn't think she looked like Anna, and she should know better than anyone), but this pose with a smile, looks even more like Anna to me. Could you all compare these and give me your thoughts. Also, Where exactly was Anna's mole? I think I read it was on her cheek bone just under her right eye, but how far down? Was it big, little, a bump? I can't see it in any of her pictures. In one of the pics of Georgiann there appears to be a light colored bump under her right eye.
Somewhere on the forum I posted age-advanced pictures of Anna which I had worked on to show where the mole was. It was a small dark mole on her right cheekbone, just below the eye. Of course, moles change with time, and there is no way of knowing how this one might have looked as years passed. However, even with black-and-white pictures, Georgiann's eyes seem to be pale, and I would guess they were blue instead of brown, as Anna's eyes were. I can't tell you exactly why I don't think she resembles Anna; something to do with the shape of her face. By the same token, both Annasbro and I got an immediate reaction to the photograph of C, who very strongly resembles Anna and others in our family. The coincidence of names is very odd, however, just the sort of thing George and George might have dreamed up.
Thank you, Interested, for the time and thought you are spending on this case. It is this sort of concern and energy which is going to give us some answers.

<snip> By the same token, both Annasbro and I got an immediate reaction to the photograph of C, who very strongly resembles Anna and others in our family. <snip>

I remember reading on the "C" thread that she has no baby pictures of her self less than 5 yrs old. Does she have any at 6,7 or 8 yrs etc...? School pictures, or year book pics? It would be great to see her 1st or 2nd grade school picture and see what she looked like then. Has she sent you any? If so, what did you think?

I remember reading on the "C" thread that she has no baby pictures of her self less than 5 yrs old. Does she have any at 6,7 or 8 yrs etc...? School pictures, or year book pics? It would be great to see her 1st or 2nd grade school picture and see what she looked like then. Has she sent you any? If so, what did you think?

C has no contact with her family except for limited contact with the one sister who is slightly older than her (and that relationship is strained, as you might imagine, because of the recent investigation into her possibly being Anna). She has no pictures of her at all as a child and does not have any means of obtaining any from other family members.

C has no contact with her family except for limited contact with the one sister who is slightly older than her (and that relationship is strained, as you might imagine, because of the recent investigation into her possibly being Anna). She has no pictures of her at all as a child and does not have any means of obtaining any from other family members.

That's too bad. Poor girl, she's been through a lot.

I just had a long phone conversation with a friend of Annasbro who was a kid in Synanon about 40 years ago. He went mostly to their West Oakland facility at 12th and Clay, where he said children were largely unsupervised, but later went several times to a warehouse facility on Lombard Street in San Francisco, near the Embarcadero, where again he said the children's scene was rather chaotic and unattended. Synanon bought the Dutch Paint Boy building on Potrero Hill after he left the group, some time in the 70s, and he believes the picture of the child who resembles Anna must have been taken here. This building was on Kansas Street between 22nd and 23rd Street. He mentioned the later years of Synanon which had to do with assets and internal conflicts, but said he was not involved with the group at that time. I found this very valuable information, and I was delighted to be back in touch with this family friend after so many years. He has made a success of his life. He knew Anna personally, and he said he wished he had more to offer. Sometimes it seems to me that in this search we are casting our net so wide that it brings family, friends and well-wishers together in a way which we could never have predicted. Maybe that is the point of it, after all. Hugs to all of you.

So "C"s family knows of the ongoing investigation then? Do they not want her to investigate?

Really, if she was her mothers bio-child, then you would think that mom could provide some real evidence to back that up.

I would have thought that LE would want to surprise her family with that info, (the investigation) once they knew for sure.

That is awful that she has no one in her "family" to turn to.

So "C"s family knows of the ongoing investigation then? Do they not want her to investigate?

Really, if she was her mothers bio-child, then you would think that mom could provide some real evidence to back that up.

I would have thought that LE would want to surprise her family with that info, (the investigation) once they knew for sure.

That is awful that she has no one in her "family" to turn to.

The emotional distance between C and her family is one of the crucial factors in C's willingness to believe that she could be Anna. Her mother has insisted that C is her biological child, but some of her siblings (when they were children) have told her that she is adopted. It seems odd that a family that already has several children would adopt a child (unless, of course, that child was a more distant relative where the parents could not care for her. But it seems like when the issue was raised at a later date, the adoptee would be told the truth.).

Concerning any possible criminal charges if C is Anna: we know absolutely nothing of what may have occured that would bring Anna into the possesion of another family and the next step after any confirmation of C's identity would be to determine those series of events. It is quite possible that if C is Anna, her family may be innocent victims of a fraud and not culpable of any wrongdoing (i.e. a friend or family member visits C's family and asks that they look after her "daughter" for her. The family innocently agrees to take in a girl that they had no idea was abducted.) This is definitely something that LE would examine if they determine that C is Anna, but until that determination is made, they are not looking into C's history.

I just had a long phone conversation with a friend of Annasbro who was a kid in Synanon about 40 years ago. He went mostly to their West Oakland facility at 12th and Clay, where he said children were largely unsupervised, but later went several times to a warehouse facility on Lombard Street in San Francisco, near the Embarcadero, where again he said the children's scene was rather chaotic and unattended. Synanon bought the Dutch Paint Boy building on Potrero Hill after he left the group, some time in the 70s, and he believes the picture of the child who resembles Anna must have been taken here. This building was on Kansas Street between 22nd and 23rd Street. He mentioned the later years of Synanon which had to do with assets and internal conflicts, but said he was not involved with the group at that time. I found this very valuable information, and I was delighted to be back in touch with this family friend after so many years. He has made a success of his life. He knew Anna personally, and he said he wished he had more to offer. Sometimes it seems to me that in this search we are casting our net so wide that it brings family, friends and well-wishers together in a way which we could never have predicted. Maybe that is the point of it, after all. Hugs to all of you.

Annasmom: Was this friend involved with Synanon in the 1973-1975 era? And do I know him? (You can email me a name if so.) Thanks!

I suspect that Margaret Kukoda is her real name - it was the name that she faced legal charges under in the early 1950's which also referenced her military career.

What military records are available? Wouldn't those list at least her parents name or some other family information? Also, Anna'smom thought MK's death cert was in the BFH was there any family information on that? I wonder if Margaret was in contact with her family during her years with GB and how much her family would know about him.

What military records are available? Wouldn't those list at least her parents name or some other family information?

The only military records that are available to the public are draft records (which would only cover men from this time frame). Because the whole link of Brody and Margaret to Anna's disappearance is speculation, there would not be any evidence to justify a warrant to gain this info.

Also, Anna'smom thought MK's death cert was in the BFH was there any family information on that?

The DC was definitely in the BFH, but it did not contain any info about her family. However, through genealogical sites, we know her siblings names and where they lived in 1930. Based on that, we can track down her descendants.

I wonder if Margaret was in contact with her family during her years with GB and how much her family would know about him.

We are looking into that possibility.

You might check with an attorney in California but I believe that any statutes of limitations on kidnapping and fraud expired long ago. The iffy part might be if they count it from when the crime was discovered (ie by the victim). More than likely whoever did this gets a pass for the time passing.

MTCW

You might check with an attorney in California but I believe that any statutes of limitations on kidnapping and fraud expired long ago. The iffy part might be if they count it from when the crime was discovered (ie by the victim). More than likely whoever did this gets a pass for the time passing.

MTCW
There is no statute of limitations on kidnapping.

I was looking for information about Midget Wolgast and found this photo and information. I know that at one time we looked at Bobby Wolgast but Midget Wolgast was born Joseph Robert Loscalzo.

Look at this info and then look at the writing on the photo and compare the " NY" under national to the NY in the word Eternity on George Brody's photo that he signed. They look somewhat the same.

Midget Wolgast fought in several places including Philadelphia and Oakland, CA.

Also in some of his photos his ears are different appearing that he may have had surgery to remove extra skin.

I see it says he died 10-19-1955. Does anyone agree that the letters look alike?

Here is the link to view:
http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wolgast-midget.htm

Some photos here:
http://www.phillyboxinghistory.com/galleries/gallery_wolgast_midget.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics