Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point, but I do think it might be the opposite. If LE suspects someone of the crime, and that person is of no danger to anyone else, some of the tests would not be put to the front of the line. I think of urgent being like when Jessica Ridgeway was found and they knew they had a dangerous killer on the loose. All the DNA samples they took in that case went to the front of the line, IMO, and rightly so. (Even though they messed up with Austin Sigg's sample and inadvertently cleared him). I believe the DNA samples LE took on Dylan's case at the beginning went to the head of the line, but IF everything only points in one direction, and that direction points to someone who has no reason to kill anyone else now that Dylan is gone, it's not going to be as urgent and can wait it's turn. Do I think that what they have found may not be enough to charge alone? Sure. After all, Dylan and Mark's DNA were supposed to be in that house, and anything from blood to urine could be explained away because of that. Do I think LE is looking for something else before they take the plunge? Yes to that, too. But I don't think they came up empty. JMO.

I feel that anyone who kills an innocent child is extremely dangerous and I would hope that LE wouldn't take their time in getting lab work done. I don't know that LE is looking exclusively at Mark. In fact maybe they found evidence in the searches that point towards someone they haven't identified yet.

For all we know, LE could be investigating an intruder who came into the house and took Dylan away and killed him. JMO.

Whatever the delay, I am glad. Definitely rushes to judgments often lead to lots of questions and innocent people accused, etc. I'd rather them take their time and get it right, which I've said before I know. But the wait is frustrating . If that means they are going to only arrest the RIGHT person, then so be it .

Just stopped in to see if anything new.

I believe there will be an arrest. I think the prosecution is being thorough. Or they are waiting on / looking for a few more pieces of the puzzle.

Time passing would seem an advantage to prosecutors to a certain degree as it allows a perp and any accomplices or witnesses time to stew and worry about being caught. Allows their thoughts to eat away at them. Then when they start to breathe a sigh of relief that they haven't been arrested, thinking they've gotten away with it, there's a knock on the door from the LE wanting to ask more questions.

And they begin to realize that this is never going to go away.

That would be a heavy burden for some. Maybe not for the perp in this case, but for any confidants.

Justice will come.

I fear that they did not come up empty-handed, but what they do have points to nothing conclusive enough to convince a jury. The case seems very circumstantial unless they have one heck of a smoking gun. One second he is responding to texts and then he isn't. Glimpses of a motive. Some stuff that doesn't quite add up. It seems like a slam dunk to us, but a good defense attorney would rip it to shreds at least enough to create reasonable doubt. They only have one shot and they have to be careful with it for Dylan.

This case will haunt me until I die though. What an adorable kid who could have done anything in life. Had a career, fallen in love, had kids, had friends, fulfilling hobbies, changed the world...all taken away for nothing.

......What an adorable kid who could have done anything in life. Had a career, fallen in love, had kids, had friends, fulfilling hobbies, changed the world...all taken away for nothing.

He was taken away because of REVENGE. MR has been truly enjoying torturing E this way. The ultimate REVENGE.
MOO.

He was taken away because of REVENGE. MR has been truly enjoying torturing E this way. The ultimate REVENGE.
MOO.

Yes and not wanting to pay child support. Interesting that he wrote his first child support check (ever) the morning he alleged Dylan disappeared. Bet he never ever wrote another either.

I don't think they found any forensics at the house because he probably wasnt hurt at the house. MR had a long time to prepare and the last thing he would do was make a crime scene in his house or truck. jmo

I don't think they found any forensics at the house because he probably wasnt hurt at the house. MR had a long time to prepare and the last thing he would do was make a crime scene in his house or truck. jmo

Could be. Do you have ideas to share?

Wasn't there a fire poker missing? I hypothesize he took him to show him a new hunting or fishing spot, and killed him in the woods. But (and pardon for the even more horrible thought), I think some of his remains are in the dam. Those dogs kept hitting on that dam. Part of him is in there.....but the part that can never die is in heaven.

Wasn't there a fire poker missing? I hypothesize he took him to show him a new hunting or fishing spot, and killed him in the woods. But (and pardon for the even more horrible thought), I think some of his remains are in the dam. Those dogs kept hitting on that dam. Part of him is in there.....but the part that can never die is in heaven.

I don't clearly remember if it was missing or taken in one of the searches.

I totally agree that part of his remains ran down hill and into the dam area.

I think of Dylan all the time.......his smile touched my heart and warmed my soul.

Dylan needs justice soon !!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing that article :(

Dylan needs justice soon !!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing that article :(

IMO, justice has already started.....I would guess that someone doesn't sleep well at night for all the nightmares of a little boy standing, and staring....just staring....waiting for an answer as to "why?" "WHY?"
Opinion only, but a very strong impression.

Dylan Redwine's family asks hunters to look out for missing teen's belongings
Family hopes to promote public awareness

Jaclyn Allen
10:04 PM, Sep 24, 2014

*video at link
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwines-family-asks-hunters-to-look-out-for-missing-teens-belongings09242014

"DURANGO, Colo. - Dylan Redwine's brother hopes a new flier asking hunters and hikers to be on the lookout for the 13-year-old's belongings will raise public awareness that there are still no arrests.

Cory Redwine, 21, showed 7NEWS the flier, which has pictures of Dylan's backpack, his Blue Devils cap and the type of Verizon flip phone he was carrying.

"I just want to keep Dylan's story and Dylan's heart in the front of everybody's mind," said Cory."

BBM:

Catching up-- fire poker allegedly removed in search from august 2013. I came here to look for the article about it since I was discussing Dylan elsewhere. Good press from Cory and Elaine this week regarding the hunting flyer. Dylan was also mentioned at the latest forum for the La Plata County sheriff's election. http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ience-vs-vision-divides-sheriff’s-candidates-

Thanks for posting. From the above article:

"Asked what he had learned from Dylan Redwine, Schirard said he couldn’t answer candidly. “There are all sorts of things that I can tell you about this case and lessons to be learned, but I am not going to jeopardize this case. It’s largely in the hands of the DA about whether or not he wants to go to trial,” he said.

Smith said, “This young man’s death is a tragedy, and has no place in a political platform.” He said, “the only thing I would have done differently, perhaps,” is embrace tools developed to help law enforcement to track missing and exploited children.

“Not taking advantage of tools like that is not good for our office. But I can’t tell you if it would have made a difference in this case; no one can,” he said."

Wow, that statement speaks volumes. Basically says they have someone they are considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24