Search Warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
raisincharlie said:
Glad you took this a step further - the Samsung phone - has all the bells and whistles on it, MP3, photo images, video. I would agree, not exactly the kind of phone for a professional sales guy other than for personal use.

One thing I woundered about this phone however is if it really was JY's phone in reality. If you look at the warrants, they clearly define the Cingular phone as Jasno Lynn Young's - not the case with the Samsung-itis only noted as being found in Jason Lynn Young's SUV. I'm kind of thinking this phone may belong to someone else - family member possibly. Don't know but ownership of the phone is not clearly identified only location found. Studying....

True, it may not be his, but I get the feeling it is. I think LE would have had to supply more info in probable cause if it had belonged to someone else.

Besides, it's red! It must be his!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scout said:
True, it may not be his, but I get the feeling it is. I think LE would have had to supply more info in probable cause if it had belonged to someone else.

Besides, it's red! It must be his!
Good one ! I noticed in the data to be collected from the phone - 5 digital images. And the usual missed calls, received calls, dialed calls, contacts, text messages and electronic data. Red - yup must be the JY meister's !

Many thanks to Sami who found the following link relating to the Dell Latitude found in JY's SUV:

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97253&SecID=2

"The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of things of note:

1. This confirms that JY did return to Raleigh on 3 November, the same day his wife was found.

2. This confirms that the SUV was impounded on 3 Novemeber, upon this return to Raleigh.

3. This also confirms, again, that JY is uncooperative with LE.

4. This also confirms that JY told LE he went to Virginia.

raisincharlie said:
Many thanks to Sami who found the following link relating to the Dell Latitude found in JY's SUV:

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97253&SecID=2

"The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of things of note:

1. This confirms that JY did return to Raleigh on 3 November, the same day his wife was found.

2. This confirms that the SUV was impounded on 3 Novemeber, upon this return to Raleigh.

3. This also confirms, again, that JY is uncooperative with LE.

4. This also confirms that JY told LE he went to Virginia.

alright!!..a little more to chew on ....

So RC doesn't have to bust fingers typing, lol :)

In the matter of: Gray Dell Latitude model D620

Submitted by Investigator B.T. David of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office Person Crimes Unit:

The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle.

The Wake County Sheriff’s Office seized the Ford Explorer shortly after Jason Young returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006. Attempts have been made to have Jason Young assist in this investigation. He has refused to cooperate with the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.

Access to the computer’s hard drive will be used for the purpose stated above to include but not limited to:

• Obtaining financial records
• Correspondence with insurance companies
• Information to corroborate with witness’ statements
• To locate evidence to be compared with evidence already collected

Based on this affiant’s training and experience, it is believed the preceding facts establish probable cause to believe that the above-described items be located within the Dell Latitude model D620 laptop… will aid in the investigation and identifications of the possible participants in the crime of Homicide N.C.G.S. 14-17, occurring at 5108 Birchleaf Drive, in Raleigh, NC.

For these reasons, this affiant respectfully requests this warrant.

Sami,

Looking at this part:

Access to the computer’s hard drive will be used for the purpose stated above to include but not limited to:

Locating evidence to be compared with evidence already collected - fascinating and darn my thoughts could go crazy here. :crazy:

Okay, sorry for chiming in here and please forgive me if this has been allready addressed. From what I am reading, a laptop computer was taken out of JY's vehicle during the search. If he had a computer with him, why would he have needed to have something faxed or sent to the home? Can a laptop receive a fax? I am sorry again if someone allready explained this, it only caught my eye today.

Boyz_Mum said:
Okay, sorry for chiming in here and please forgive me if this has been allready addressed. From what I am reading, a laptop computer was taken out of JY's vehicle during the search. If he had a computer with him, why would he have needed to have something faxed or sent to the home? Can a laptop receive a fax? I am sorry again if someone allready explained this, it only caught my eye today.
Hi Boyz_Mum,

It can receive a fax if it is set up with a fax program and connected to a phone line (same as a home computer, except portable). It can also send a fax as well by remote sending. Windows has a built in faxing program which he could set up to send and receive. I have no idea about Linux operating systems but I'm certain there would be a plug in for that one too for fax services.

The fact that a fax or printout was either sent to his home has us suspicious too. We're dying to know who sent it!

If it is found from examining files on the home computer that the document was printed directly from the computer at the Birchleaf Drive house, then he's toast for sure.

Boyz_Mum said:
Boyz_Mum,

You are asking the same questions we are - why was that fax/print out sent to the home ? It really is not clear that it was a fax - the warrant for 5108 Birchleaf confirms there was a document in the printer next to the computer in the home but it is identified as only a document. I can see a lap top not being able to receive a fax - but...

Good question and I wish we all had an answer to it. Please chime in some more - it is helpful !

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

Looking at this part:

Locating evidence to be compared with evidence already collected - fascinating and darn my thoughts could go crazy here. :crazy:
My mind is ticking over :)

Financial records: proof of heavy debt requiring a great sum of money to pay off?

Correspondence with insurance companies: I would think would mean that he may have taken an individual new policy out on Michelle. Also did insurance 'shopping' for the best deals in town.

Witness' statements: I think there's a few folks that have been contacted, interviewed and spilled some beans on some stuff......number 1 may be an insurance company with some details of a new insurance policy and the date it came into effect? Number 2 may be that MM did NOT send the fax/printout.

Evidence already collected: the printout. Copy/copies of new insurance documents.

biggrin.gif
....and a heap of other stuff.

Samiya said:
My mind is ticking over :)

Financial records: proof of heavy debt requiring a great sum of money to pay off?

Correspondence with insurance companies: I would think would mean that he may have taken an individual new policy out on Michelle. Also did insurance 'shopping' for the best deals in town.

Witness' statements: I think there's a few folks that have been contacted, interviewed and spilled some beans on some stuff......number 1 may be an insurance company with some details of a new insurance policy and the date it came into effect? Number 2 may be that MM did NOT send the fax/printout.

Evidence already collected: the printout. Copy/copies of new insurance documents.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif....and a heap of other stuff.
Some insurance policies allow you to borrow against them.........

raisincharlie said:
Boyz_Mum,

You are asking the same questions we are - why was that fax/print out sent to the home ? It really is not clear that it was a fax - the warrant for 5108 Birchleaf confirms there was a document in the printer next to the computer in the home but it is identified as only a document. I can see a lap top not being able to receive a fax - but...

Good question and I wish we all had an answer to it. Please chime in some more - it is helpful !
Hiya again RC,

A laptop is the same as a home computer. If it can send a fax it can also receive them if it's attached to a phone line. Instead of printing the fax out if it's not connected to a printer, it will store them as a file like an email. Actually the fax program is very similar to email accounts, it has an inbox, an outbox and best of all in this case.......a SENT FOLDER :)

Sami

raisincharlie said:
Some insurance policies allow you to borrow against them.........
Now that's interesting :) My work policy won't let me, but my personal one does........and......

I can also cash my personal policy at any time I want as it is a policy that has a increased value that matches how much I've paid in policy fees. :)

Samiya said:
Hiya again RC,

A laptop is the same as a home computer. If it can send a fax it can also receive them if it's attached to a phone line. Instead of printing the fax out if it's not connected to a printer, it will store them as a file like an email. Actually the fax program is very similar to email accounts, it has an inbox, an outbox and best of all in this case.......a SENT FOLDER :)

Sami
I think the word fax is confusing by itself. It is obvious to me that if it came through the home computer, it is not by any means a "conventional fax" which comes through a stand alone machine hooked to a phone line. An e-fax however is quite different and I would agree with your synopsis.

I think this has assisted in some of the confusion about the "fax". Considering JY's occupation, I think we will find that the laptop in question most likely had a full array of communications options whether it be his personal lap top or one belonging to ChartOne.

Hey all, thanks for answering my question. I remember speculating that Jason may or may not have a laptop as part of his job and how it didn't make sense that he would even send anything home (as a fax or otherwise) and I guess that the search warrant uncovered the laptop in his vehicle? (I am reading correctly, right?) It would make no sense to me that he sent the "fax/printout" home except to use it as a ruse to get MF to the house. (I usually jump to conclusions first and now I am just working my way back through with the information... sorry to be a backward thinker! LOL!)

Boyz_Mum said:
Hey all, thanks for answering my question. I remember speculating that Jason may or may not have a laptop as part of his job and how it didn't make sense that he would even send anything home (as a fax or otherwise) and I guess that the search warrant uncovered the laptop in his vehicle? (I am reading correctly, right?) It would make no sense to me that he sent the "fax/printout" home except to use it as a ruse to get MF to the house. (I usually jump to conclusions first and now I am just working my way back through with the information... sorry to be a backward thinker! LOL!)
Boyz_Mum,

Yes you are correct - the laptop was indeed found in JYs SUV when it was impounded. I also think you are correct about the faxwhatever being a ruse to have his wife's body found while he was definitely away. It is not yet known who sent the faxwhatever, some indications are it may have been MM - if so, we can also assume JY had contact with MM - how else would he know it was there ? The other school of thought is JY himself sent it - could be just as possible as MM because again - he knew it was at the house. The good news - with all the computer siezures - there will be no doubt where it came from, when it arrived and when it was printed. :)

Great sleuthin, charlie and sami - and I agree with you, too, scout!!! MrsMush, nice to 'see' you again and yep, I recall your post considering the laptop. Doesn't make any sense. If there WAS a fax and it WAS for Michelle, then as has been suggested: it may have been sent post-crime to thwart off alibi-hunters....

Indeed, charlie: your earlier post where you entered "this confirms...." (4 issues cited). Well ... THIS ALSO CONFIRMS ... what a sob JY is, IMO.

All his actions *prove* absolutely zero remorse. None, nada, ZEEER OH, zero! So, if it emerges JY's our perp ... then he has a sorry time at trial to try and portray himself as the grieving husband - or this was a regrettable spontaneous act if he's found guilty.

He's done nothing but focus on being as obstinate and unco-operative as possible. The NERVE .... :(

D'you think LE are letting him run through all these actions - because they really do absolutely nothing to assist him whatsoever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther