Searchers find dog bones, and more?

She would have to have a boat, she could not just throw her in the water, she would wash up on shore. Even with a boat she would have to go out pretty far.

I've only been to Florida once but I remember driving down long highways that seemed to sit right on the water. I was scared half to death. Are there roads like that near Orlando? Could someone stop and dump a body off one without being seen?

All kinds of critters out here in the woods. Racoons, armadillos, stray dogs and cats. There have been more bear sightings around, but I'm not sure if any have been in that area.

No knowing what else could be out there.

:eek:
What do cremated remains look like? Are the bones still in tact? This is the only way I imagine that it would be Caylee.

When humans are cremated at a very high temp., there are still a few bones left. These are placed into a machine similar to further crush them. It is called a pulverizer ?
The (ashes) are not typical like from a fireplace, they are more like pea gravel, but smaller in size and a beige color.

IMO, after researching this method, due to the fact it is my sister's final wishes,:confused: I must say without a doubt, it is not my choice for my body ! :eek:

Well, I think she could put her in water without having her body turn up yet, if she had weighed her down. (I dont even like typing that but just saying there would be other ways then a boat I guess)

Seems to me that bones would be immediately identified as human versus animal. It's true that the show Bones isn't nearly a true reflection of our actual abilities, but there are many experts who can tell by sight whether or not it is a human. Especially as large as a spine.

lisha

I've only been to Florida once but I remember driving down long highways that seemed to sit right on the water. I was scared half to death. Are there roads like that near Orlando? Could someone stop and dump a body off one without being seen?

I said at the beginning, I wonder if she would have driven down to the Everglades?

Maybe THAT'S why she wanted the extra gas.... to make sure she didn't get stranded in a dangerous place.

Honestly, IF I had a body to get rid of, and if I was in Florida, this is what I would do. It seems to me that even if found, the body would be so beyond any real forensic certainty (i.e., animals such as gators, water conditions and bugs) would create a major reasonable doubt. But mostly, I would think that most bodies would be completely gone pretty quickly, especially with the length of time between Caylee's first day of disappearance and the time authorities were notified--PLUS all the time that has passed since that notification.

As others who have tried to formulate their thoughts on where the baby is, I am sickened when I think of Caylee in particular in this scenario. :cry

Lisha

All kinds of critters out here in the woods. Racoons, armadillos, stray dogs and cats. There have been more bear sightings around, but I'm not sure if any have been in that area.

No knowing what else could be out there.

Buzzards , possum ,hawks , they even had a few monitor lizards on the loose in a few areas .

Seems to me that bones would be immediately identified as human versus animal. It's true that the show Bones isn't nearly a true reflection of our actual abilities, but there are many experts who can tell by sight whether or not it is a human. Especially as large as a spine.

lisha

I think that it would depend on whether it was intact or not. And, terrible to contemplate, the spinal column of a toddler would not be that long and probably softer than an adults.

Well, I think she could put her in water without having her body turn up yet, if she had weighed her down. (I dont even like typing that but just saying there would be other ways then a boat I guess)

That and add to the fact some of the areas are flooded from the storms that just went through too .

I hate to say it but alligators would probably make short work of something as small as poor little Caylee.

There are not too many roads here in Orlando that run parrallel to great bodies of water compared to areas like, say Tampa.
There are lakes though that sit fairly close to some roads that are remote. At the south exit of the airport are lakes that sit fairly close to the edge of the road.
If she was dumped in a lake though, there is always the possibility of alligators getting to the body before searchers would ever be able to locate it.

I don't know, it's been what, 10 weeks since Caylee disappeared? I have to wonder what goes on down there in Florida. Is it typical to find piles of bones sitting all over residential streets? :waitasec:

I was thinking the same thing! AND, are our spines and that of a dog that similar? I never woulda thought it. Maybe someone can answer me...:waitasec:

Wow! I don't know much about the timeline for decomposition. Would a person who died in June be just bones by now? How long does decomposition take?

From what I hear, decomp depends completely on the environment in which the body lays (temp, conditions, ect).

Decomp in a cooler place would be slower than down here in muggy, hot, Florida. And if the body was ever in a freezer or other cool/cold place before placing it outside, that could throw off the decomp timing as well.

So it all depends.

I was thinking the same thing! AND, are our spines and that of a dog that similar? I never woulda thought it. Maybe someone can answer me...:waitasec:
"The human spine and the canine spine are remarkably similar in both structure and function," notes Sam long, BVSc, PhD, an assistant professor of neurology and neurosurgery at the university of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine. "The major difference is that the human spine is on a vertical plane, while the canine spine is horizontal and therefore encounters different kinds of stresses when supporting an animal's weight."
taken from this link

Wow! I don't know much about the timeline for decomposition. Would a person who died in June be just bones by now? How long does decomposition take?

I'm pretty sure a body would be bones by now. The heat is unbearable during this time of year. It runs in the mid to high 90's with VERY high humidity. There are a lot of insects, gators, reptiles etc. Gosh, I almost puked writing that.

Honestly, IF I had a body to get rid of, and if I was in Florida, this is what I would do. It seems to me that even if found, the body would be so beyond any real forensic certainty (i.e., animals such as gators, water conditions and bugs) would create a major reasonable doubt. But mostly, I would think that most bodies would be completely gone pretty quickly, especially with the length of time between Caylee's first day of disappearance and the time authorities were notified--PLUS all the time that has passed since that notification.

As others who have tried to formulate their thoughts on where the baby is, I am sickened when I think of Caylee in particular in this scenario. :cry

Lisha

This could be a motive as to why it took Casey so long to tell her mom that Caylee was missing. The more time that goes by, the harder it would be to find and recover remains and even then the more difficult it would be to find the cause of death.

I have mentioned a neighboring family of 5 here that was dead for at least 2 weeks in their home before they were discovered. The weather here was unusually warm and humid during that time frame and the house was closed up tight. When the bodies were discovered they had basically liquified and there was not a lot of tissue left to determine cause of death. They were just piles of mush.

The relatives had gone to the house a few times in the weeks prior to the discovery and did not notice any smell or anything out of the ordinary so they did not force their way in.
But,by the 2nd or 3rd week,the stench could be smelled in the neighborhood and that is part of the reason the family finally broke in.An interesting thing was that there were flies caked in the windowsills. It was noted that if anyone had happened to notice the fly activity in the windows earlier, it would have been a sure tip off that there were decomposing bodies in the house.
The investigators could not go in the house due to the smell and had to wear gas masks to investigate and clean. It was nasty business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back