Searchers find dog bones, and more?

We wrapped our ferrets' remains in baby blankets. Of course, they are way smaller than a humans....but yes we loved our babies that much. They were both buried with their own blankies ....

I have a ferret now, and I can't imagine him dying, he is so adorable. I have cats, dogs, ferret, fish, hamsters, they are all babies to me, and then real babies. The ferret is the most personable and fun to watch, I think anyway, other than the real babies.

So, i guess if those other bones were anything, we would have heard by now? Or will it take them time to determine?

I have a ferret now, and I can't imagine him dying, he is so adorable. I have cats, dogs, ferret, fish, hamsters, they are all babies to me, and then real babies. The ferret is the most personable and fun to watch, I think anyway.

OT: I agree. We are animal lovers, and by far my husband has been most devastated by our ferrets. Half cat/half dog. Plus, they were our first pets. (Also OT: They died of adrenal cancer, both of them, but lived 7 years and 9 years and lotsa vet bills...)

OT: I agree. We are animal lovers, and by far my husband has been most devastated by our ferrets. Half cat/half dog. Plus, they were our first pets. (Also OT: They died of adrenal cancer, both of them, but lived 7 years and 9 years and lotsa vet bills...)

Awe, I am sorry!

I know that Florida has much different weather than Western Washington (Seattle) but the Green River Killer's victims were sometimes found years after their deaths. They have continued to id them. It can happen. Granted, we don't have alligators here.

Is Lee Vista Boulevard swampy, isolated, etc., or a busy block?

At one end is Lake Warren. There are several areas that have alot of homes as you drive toward the other end, and then if you cross over, or under(I'm not sure which) it is a deserted road that ends at the landfill.

Omg, how horrible this is. I know in my heart Caylee is not with us any longer, but thinking of her as just a pile of bones is just heart wrenching.

I know what happens after a person dies, but for some reason, I keep seeing her a full person, smiling, etc., and it is very hard to think of her as a pile of bones, even though that is what she probably is by now.

Me too ZooMom.

I know that Florida has much different weather than Western Washington (Seattle) but the Green River Killer's victims were sometimes found years after their deaths. They have continued to id them. It can happen. Granted, we don't have alligators here.

Ditto...in fact, I live in Western WA...and very near where some of his bodies were found when he confessed. And that was sometimes 20 years! And although we don't have alligators here, I can say for a fact that where some of his victims were found we have packs of coyotes tho.

My husband is a physician, and he said that a body will start to decompose within a 24 hour time frame. Caylee's body was probably already starting to decompose in Casey's trunk, hence the stain and hair. They reported that the hair was from a decomposing body. My thoughts are to look for a suitcase of some kind. Remember that Casey packed up all her stuff and left her parents home after an argument. A roller bag would be easier to move, and you could put in something to weigh it down if you wanted to get rid of it in water. Some of Caylee's liquified tissue and hair fell off when Casey put her into something, a suitcase, a trash bag, ect. I can't help thinking about the dumpsters at the Amscot store. A trash bag would just end up in the dump. Maybe she had to wait to put her in the dumpster until trash day. You really don't want a body stinking up the trash too much. Less chance to notice an odor after the store closed on trash day or the evening before.

Forgive me for being graphic, I'm trying to think like Casey.

The suitcase would work for water, as mentioned above. She could have dumped her off of a bridge, but she could get caught, unless it was one that didn't have much traffic. The 417 bridge over Lake Jessup is right over LOTS of water, and 417 isn't traveled much in the wee hours of the night. I wonder if they have taken cadavor dogs over this bridge to check for decomp smells??? She could have pulled over the side of the road, like she had a flat when she did not see cars in either direction, and then tossed the suitcase over the bridge pretty quickly. If someone stopped to help, she could say she got sick or something. BUT, I could see this happening without anyone stopping. Too many people killed pulling over to help a supposed stranded motorist in Florida, and elsewhere...remember Bill Cosby's son??? If she put one of the imfamous "pavers" from the backyard into the suitcase, I don't think it would take long to sink. Anyone in Florida want to test my theory???

What you said is very possible. I travel 417 over Lake Jessup everyday to and from work. There are so many gators in that lake too. You are right, there aren't many cars that travel that road. I work overnights and see maybe 2-3 cars on my way home (at about 4am) although I usually see a cop somewhere almost every night. They do have cameras at the 2.00 toll just after the bridge.

I just can't shake the fact that she got rid of the body closer to the Amscot & her house.

I really wish we could get some info on the credit card usage during that time frame. IIRC, Cindy said LE had no interest in them at all...hmmm.

I know I have buried animals too in blankets, but usually wrap them, then put them in a box of some sort, and then bury them. I would imagine being the one who found that baby blanket was horrified though, before they found it was dog bones.

I did this too when my cat died in 1996. My husband and I buried our cat in a blanket on our own property. One of the hardest things I have ever done.

Anyone know or seen what Caylee's "blankie" looks like???? I know it was said the bones found were wrapped in a baby blanket. I also thought I heard Gayle (audio post 8/30/08) say the blanket at the scene was pink. Anyone know what color caylee's baby blankie looked like?

The bones that were found in the pink blanket were that of a dog. But other bones were found that the LE is working on.

What you said is very possible. I travel 417 over Lake Jessup everyday to and from work. There are so many gators in that lake too. You are right, there aren't many cars that travel that road. I work overnights and see maybe 2-3 cars on my way home (at about 4am) although I usually see a cop somewhere almost every night. They do have cameras at the 2.00 toll just after the bridge.

I just can't shake the fact that she got rid of the body closer to the Amscot & her house.

I really wish we could get some info on the credit card usage during that time frame. IIRC, Cindy said LE had no interest in them at all...hmmm.

I hope they are checking the records on all the tolls on 417! Although I don't live in Orlando anymore, I visit alot, and I usually travel from the airport to Sanford on the greenway. It should be easy enough to check out the unaccounted days for her car at the tolls.

I also think about the Amscot...to coincidental to have "run out of gas" and just happened to push the car into that space next to the dumpster with the trunk to the back, if you get what I mean. I also wonder whether she cashed any of Amy's checks at the Amscot store???

One of the biggest problems with this case is that Casey is a user...she floats from one group of friends and mooches off of them until they get sick of carrying her...then she floats over to another group of friends and repeats the process. She slept with people to have a place to stay. I think that this period of time was the longest she ever had Caylee on her own. She had her all the time she was with Ricardo, as he told LE that Caylee slept in bed with them. She stayed with him until June 9th-10th. She did not have her after the 2nd at Tony's house. HMMMM---I think I need to go back and look at the timeline again.

So, i guess if those other bones were anything, we would have heard by now? Or will it take them time to determine?
I don't know. But I'm intrigued by LE's statement about evidence that hasn't been released as of yet.

She did not have her after the 2nd at Tony's house. HMMMM---I think I need to go back and look at the timeline again.

That's according to Tony...Clint disagreed and had it on or about the 9th IIRC.

"The human spine and the canine spine are remarkably similar in both structure and function," notes Sam long, BVSc, PhD, an assistant professor of neurology and neurosurgery at the university of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine. "The major difference is that the human spine is on a vertical plane, while the canine spine is horizontal and therefore encounters different kinds of stresses when supporting an animal's weight."
taken from this link

Thanks so much, Nancy! I never woulda guessed that...

Well, the difference would be in the pelvis and if the pelvic bones weren't found it would make it difficult unless they run DNA. Especially the bones of a toddler and say a medium-sized dog. They need pelvic bones as they are much different than humans (or DNA of course).

Thanks, Gibby...hmmm...interesting.

This is what I find interesting about this article:

http://www.local6.com/news/17362849/detail.html

3rd and 4th paragraph:

During Monday's search, several other piles of bones were found on Lee Vista Boulevard.

"It looks like a spine or backbone," searcher Martin Krasinsqui said.

The way it's written it seems that these had nothing to do with the dogs remains.

This is what I find interesting about this article:

http://www.local6.com/news/17362849/detail.html

3rd and 4th paragraph:

During Monday's search, several other piles of bones were found on Lee Vista Boulevard.

"It looks like a spine or backbone," searcher Martin Krasinsqui said.

The way it's written it seems that these had nothing to do with the dogs remains.

Me, too, lisalei...hence, my morbid bone questions...

We wrapped our ferrets' remains in baby blankets. Of course, they are way smaller than a humans....but yes we loved our babies that much. They were both buried with their own blankies ....

We buried our beloved poodle in a box lined with her favorite blanket it was a dog blanket and pink but it was not much smaller than a baby blanket

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back