Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: The detective in charge of Anna's case at the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department will be taking the DNA samples early next week.

Annasmom said:
Good news: The detective in charge of Anna's case at the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department will be taking the DNA samples early next week.
Annasmom, that is great. Is that for the data base or to compare with the look-alike or both.

Shadow205 said:
Annasmom, that is great. Is that for the data base or to compare with the look-alike or both.
He didn't say what it was for. He also asked me if I had anything of Anna's that hadn't been washed. Those of you who know me won't be surprised that I do have some things carefully packed away. I don't know if they'll be able to get any epithelials from them, but that's what they're going to try. The detective was really nice, by the way.

Annasmom said:
He didn't say what it was for. He also asked me if I had anything of Anna's that hadn't been washed. Those of you who know me won't be surprised that I do have some things carefully packed away. I don't know if they'll be able to get any epithelials from them, but that's what they're going to try. The detective was really nice, by the way.
Not surprising at all... I hope it all works out for you! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping this leads you closer to Anna!

DNA tests??? Fantastic!! As 2006 comes to an end, I must say this year has a great one for Annasfamily and Annasfriends. We have made lots of progress in our search efforts and it is wonderful to see that so many people are rolling their sleeves up to help however they can. We don't know when we will find Anna but every day that passes we are a day closer to finding her.

Doogie, you are the best kind of friend any one could ever have. God Bless You.

itsreenw said:
DNA tests??? Fantastic!! As 2006 comes to an end, I must say this year has a great one for Annasfamily and Annasfriends. We have made lots of progress in our search efforts and it is wonderful to see that so many people are rolling their sleeves up to help however they can. We don't know when we will find Anna but every day that passes we are a day closer to finding her.

Doogie, you are the best kind of friend any one could ever have. God Bless You.
Amen and Amen.

It does seem like a lot has been accomplished this year. Maybe we are at a point just waiting for answers to come in. Hopefully the passport information will be arriving soon. A composite given by the tipster from the newspaper. Pictures of the Anna look-a-like when she was younger. And of coarse, the long awaited DNA profiling.

As far as C, has she checked with her pediatrician to find out what year it was when she was first seen by him/her? Has she been asked what type of work her mother and step father did before retiring?

SherlockJr said:
As far as C, has she checked with her pediatrician to find out what year it was when she was first seen by him/her? Has she been asked what type of work her mother and step father did before retiring?
Will ask about pediatritian and parents jobs when I see C. I am waiting for calls from 2 other elementary schools, will update if I find anything. Also am going to PM Doogie with the name of a school that has archives, but will not search for me.

RobinH said:
Will ask about pediatritian and parents jobs when I see C. I am waiting for calls from 2 other elementary schools, will update if I find anything. Also am going to PM Doogie with the name of a school that has archives, but will not search for me.
C knows nothing of any pediatritian. Her mother was a waitress and factory worker, adopted father worked in construction, and she has no idea what her biological father did.

I made up little inserts that I will be putting in my Christmas Cards this year. They're small sheets of paper with Anna's picture, age progression, and a little info about her. I don't usually send out a whole lot of Christmas cards (my extended family is too big), but I think I will send out more cards than usual this year so I can put Anna's picture in them :)

Gina_M said:
I made up little inserts that I will be putting in my Christmas Cards this year. They're small sheets of paper with Anna's picture, age progression, and a little info about her. I don't usually send out a whole lot of Christmas cards (my extended family is too big), but I think I will send out more cards than usual this year so I can put Anna's picture in them :)
Gina, this is so sweet of you. Thank you. I have been going through her stuff, since I got started on this with the sheriff asking for possible DNA samples. There was another whole box of toys that I had put away and forgotten about. I gave away lots of stuff years ago, but these were things I couldn't part with: a rock collection, lots of paintings, some very beaten-up books, a record player with a 45 rpm record of THAT SONG, and some roller skates. Does anybody remember roller skates? Love.

Should we start a new thread now? This one is getting long.

Annasmom said:
Gina, this is so sweet of you. Thank you. I have been going through her stuff, since I got started on this with the sheriff asking for possible DNA samples. There was another whole box of toys that I had put away and forgotten about. I gave away lots of stuff years ago, but these were things I couldn't part with: a rock collection, lots of paintings, some very beaten-up books, a record player with a 45 rpm record of THAT SONG, and some roller skates. Does anybody remember roller skates? Love.
Ok, you are taking me back to childhood and it's so nice to escape mentally for a few minutes. I remember my white boot roller skates with metal wheels when I was in the early years of grade school. I'd skate really fast then turn both feet outward to so I could spin around in a circle or two like the ice skaters on tv.

In I guess about the 6th or 7th grade we'd go to the roller rink for 2 hrs on Friday nights. I had a royal blue satin jacket with a white neck and white cuffs and oh boy, I thought I was sumthin' special in that disco jacket. LOL!! And 45 records...do you remember "Crocodile Rock"??? How about "Saturday in the Park"?? I have the CD collection of the 70's A Decade in Rock. I was only 10 in 1977 but I know all the words to all the songs from 1970-1980 :O) I had older sibs though so I guess I heard the music from them.

RobinH said:
C knows nothing of any pediatritian. Her mother was a waitress and factory worker, adopted father worked in construction, and she has no idea what her biological father did.
Hmmm.... :waitasec:

Sheesh, Doogie - I didn't even catch that. You are gooood, man!

Oh, and Annasmom, I loved your Thanksgiving sentiment with the added LOLOLO - it brought both a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. Oh and I do remember roller skates and roller skating parties in elementary school. Always dreaming that a boy would ask me to "slow skate!" :D

annemc2 said:
Sheesh, Doogie - I didn't even catch that. You are gooood, man!

Oh, and Annasmom, I loved your Thanksgiving sentiment with the added LOLOLO - it brought both a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. Oh and I do remember roller skates and roller skating parties in elementary school. Always dreaming that a boy would ask me to "slow skate!" :D
LOL

MEMORIES

ALL SKATE....CHANGE DIRECTION!

RobinH said:

Robin, do you remember our conversation that C noticed something on her body and she said she went to the doctor to find out what it was? My understanding this occurred sometime around puberty (early teens). She also mentioned she had some problems until the age of 12, does she not remember her mother taking her to the doctor for these problems?

I received today an email from the detective with the San Mateo Sheriff that took the DNA sample from Annasmom last week. He is researching the records of home burglaries, but admits that records for this type of crime may not be on file from thirty years ago. He will let me know what he finds.

And most exciting: he and an associate would like to meet with Annasmom and I after the New Year to see the new developments we have and see if any of the new technologies that they now have can be utilized in find Anna. Their renewed interest in this case is a testament to the hardwork that all of you sleuthers have put in on behalf of Anna. You guys are the greatest! :clap:

Dr. Doogie said:
IAnd most exciting: he and an associate would like to meet with Annasmom and I after the New Year to see the new developments we have and see if any of the new technologies that they now have can be utilized in find Anna.
Even more exciting than my last post, the detective just called and wants to meet next week. He stated that the picture of the Mystry Woman "C" is the closest match he has ever seen between a possible and an age-progression. He wants to discuss doing a DNA comparison ASAP.:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74