Season 2 Episode 1

Two interested parties pursuing the same goal. Could look like a complex conspiracy when it's just a coincidence like everyone wants to believe.

I can't remember if I posted in a thread here, but wayyy back I talked about maybe it not being a conspiracy amongst LE, just everyone knew without a doubt Steven was guilty and just nudged the evidence towards pointing to him. You might say they were pious frauds, of a sort. Maybe they don't even tell anyone what they did. Just 2 or 3 of them give things a little shove in the right direction here and there and away things go.

BUT, I think that is looking less and less likely. I cannot square "a few officers went rogue without telling the others" with the medical examiner being barred from going to the crime scene. She got told in quick succession by 3 different people that if she went, she was facing imprisonment. I can't see how that comes about innocently.

I also think that anyone working in LE would recognize that Teresa's DNA being absent from the key is weird. Maybe not everyone was in on it, but I would bet that if there was planting, others knew and said nothing.

I can't remember if I posted in a thread here, but wayyy back I talked about maybe it not being a conspiracy amongst LE, just everyone knew without a doubt Steven was guilty and just nudged the evidence towards pointing to him. You might say they were pious frauds, of a sort. Maybe they don't even tell anyone what they did. Just 2 or 3 of them give things a little shove in the right direction here and there and away things go.

BUT, I think that is looking less and less likely. I cannot square "a few officers went rogue without telling the others" with the medical examiner being barred from going to the crime scene. She got told in quick succession by 3 different people that if she went, she was facing imprisonment. I can't see how that comes about innocently.

I also think that anyone working in LE would recognize that Teresa's DNA being absent from the key is weird. Maybe not everyone was in on it, but I would bet that if there was planting, others knew and said nothing.
It really appears that the planting of evidence was contained by Lenk and Colburn-and they probably had help from someone in the Avery clan-or inner circle. Other officers may have suspected, but in a small town like that, would most people be inclined to whistle-blow?

It really appears that the planting of evidence was contained by Lenk and Colburn-and they probably had help from someone in the Avery clan-or inner circle. Other officers may have suspected, but in a small town like that, would most people be inclined to whistle-blow?

Even in major cities, police don't whistle blow on each other. Every now and then a massive scandal comes out of Baltimore and it is very hard to believe other cops don't know about whatever this particular scandal was.

Garbage bags full of stolen prescription drugs dumped on the black market.

A motorist robbed of $25,000.

The crimes were not carried out by civilian criminals, but by Baltimore police officers
*snipped by me*
The gun unit’s criminal schemes appear to have started at least five years ago.

But the officers believed that their victims would not speak up. “More than likely, a drug dealer is not going to complain about their money being taken,” said Momodu Gondo, a former member of the gun unit who testified Monday. He wore an orange jail jumpsuit, having pleaded guilty to an array of crimes.

Mr. Gondo estimated that he had stolen as much as $100,000 from people during his career and said he had once given a gun he took during a home invasion to a friend who was a drug dealer.
*snipped*
The fallout from the gun task force scandal has been substantial. Baltimore state’s attorney has dropped at least 125 criminal cases related to the task force and continues to investigate others. The public defender’s office estimates that the number of tainted cases is likely closer to 3,000.

Five years. Taking hundreds of thousands of dollars and supposedly nobody on the police force notices? Nobody notices on 3000 tainted cases? Now imagine a small town, where all the cops get to know each other.

Source:
In Baltimore, Brazen Officers Took Every Chance to Rob and Cheat

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal