Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke in Mesa. Parents spent several thousands of dollars getting her back to Yreka. She didn't have a job in Yreka for ALL of April, and didn't begin to work in May until the 24th or 25th, part-time at a dive restaurant.

Where did she get $800 to put in the bank on June 2? And was her car rental of $200 plus separate, or did her June 2 deposits cover the rental?

I thought she worked at the Purple Plum as well as Casa Ramos?

Mendes spoke about those two restaurants on the stand......
ALV also had to speak about those two restaurants on cross....

There was something wrong with Jodi's hiring record that we're not getting. She wasn't hire-able.... She must have done something at Mimi's (?) that was criminal but they chose not to press charges.

Basically, if you have warm blood, you can get hired at these places. There is very high turnover and they need new cannon fodder all the time. She couldn't get a job in Yreka even with her parents' decent reputation?

I tell you, there's something missing in Jodi's employment record that prevented her from (ever) being hired again. Something that isn't on our radar...... 'Cos this is not making sense....

I wonder if LE interviewed Mimi's?

According to her lies, someone (I think Daryl's sister?) who lived in Pasadena just had a baby and JA wanted to take pictures of the newborn. The new mother never returned her soliciting call.

She also offered another lying excuse for her being there. Go go see John Dixon in San Diego. It's about 3 hour drive from Pasadena to San Diego, one way.

BTW, Gus' kids live in Pasadena area. Pasadena is where she met him to receive her 1st Helio from Gus on her way to Yreka from Mesa in early April. Gus magically found out her Motorola drank her hot chocolate while she slept in the Uhaul truck, so he was ready with the new phone by the time she got to Pasadena.

Thanks. I guess I had a blinding flash of the obvious for finally realizing the whole purpose of being in Pasadena was because it was on the way to Mesa.

I had forgotten that you'd have to go to Pasadena to get to Mesa from Monterey. There isn't a more direct route, except maybe through Bakersfield (though this would take longer), and Jodi's a one to stick to interstates....

There was no "guilting" at all (ever, IMO), let alone when she was in Pasadena on June 3, because at that point she was already on her way to Mesa. Leaving Monterey=driving to Mesa. Anything Pasadena is incidental.

Oh, okay, maybe this, since she seemed to have needed an excuse to be in Pasadena other than that it was on the way to Mesa..... She had to go to Starbucks in Pasadena for a strawberry frappuccino?

After she's got her hair-butt-nails done in Salinas or wherever, done her Walmart errands, she's primped, primed, and ready for murder. And it's the middle of the afternoon. And evidently she's done little else except be in killer mode since about 7 am.

She has been almost exclusively in murder mode for 2 days by the time she gets to Mesa, this includes touching base with the guy who loaned her the money, depositing the money, getting rid of the CD player, renting the car, all of it.....

I bet there never was any karaoke, or anything, really, to distract her from her mission. Was this part of her story ever verified?

I thought she worked at the Purple Plum as well as Casa Ramos?

Mendes spoke about those two restaurants on the stand......
ALV also had to speak about those two restaurants on cross....

There was something wrong with Jodi's hiring record that we're not getting. She wasn't hire-able.... She must have done something at Mimi's (?) that was criminal but they chose not to press charges.

Basically, if you have warm blood, you can get hired at these places. There is very high turnover and they need new cannon fodder all the time. She couldn't get a job in Yreka even with her parents' decent reputation?

I tell you, there's something missing in Jodi's employment record that prevented her from (ever) being hired again. Something that isn't on our radar...... 'Cos this is not making sense....

I wonder if LE interviewed Mimi's?

She didn't work at the Purple Plum until after the murder at some point. By her own admission on the stand, her first job after returning in early April was Costa Ramos, the Tex-Mex dive. Nurmi tried to blur the fact of when she started work there, but it wasn't until around just the time of May 26 confrontation.

She said her photography business was starting to take off, which amounted to booking one wedding- my guess the one on May 24 after she thrilled the masses (crowd of 200, max) at a car race with our national anthem. That and a few student photos. Maybe.

Yep, something was off. I've posted before the RUMOR that Purple Plum fired her for providing extra special (and perhaps paid) attention to male customers and staff. What was actually admitted into retrial- inappropriate cuddling with the staff would be grounds enough for dismissal anywhere if that staff was underaged.

Thanks. I guess I had a blinding flash of the obvious for finally realizing the whole purpose of being in Pasadena was because it was on the way to Mesa.

I had forgotten that you'd have to go to Pasadena to get to Mesa from Monterey. There isn't a more direct route, except maybe through Bakersfield (though this would take longer), and Jodi's a one to stick to interstates....

There was no "guilting" at all (ever, IMO), let alone when she was in Pasadena on June 3, because at that point she was already on her way to Mesa. Leaving Monterey=driving to Mesa. Anything Pasadena is incidental.

Oh, okay, maybe this, since she seemed to have needed an excuse to be in Pasadena other than that it was on the way to Mesa..... She had to go to Starbucks in Pasadena for a strawberry frappuccino?

After she's got her hair-butt-nails done in Salinas or wherever, done her Walmart errands, she's primped, primed, and ready for murder. And it's the middle of the afternoon. And evidently she's done little else except be in killer mode since about 7 am.

She has been almost exclusively in murder mode for 2 days by the time she gets to Mesa, this includes touching base with the guy who loaned her the money, depositing the money, getting rid of the CD player, renting the car, all of it.....

I bet there never was any karaoke, or anything, really, to distract her from her mission. Was this part of her story ever verified?

No. And IMO there was no kareoke (she used it as an inside reference to their June 2007 trip when she expected a proposal soon so snooped his phone.

The Flikr acct was opened and pics posted at the same time she was eating tuna tartare in Santa Cruz and singing obsessive love songs at a kareoke bar afterwards. Or she was at Matt's doing the pics. My bet is-- at Matt's.

A little tidbit I keep forgetting to post- about hacking, with some context.

On April 21 she proposed the idea of being tied to a tree (inference from texts about a "forest fantasy" that T says "deal" to.

She dates the tying to a tree rape fantasy as May 2 , manufactured email to herself.

May 3 Ryan Burns tells her he's happy to hear she's coming to visit him.

On May 5 she begged Travis to come to Yreka that upcoming weekend.

Travis says no.

May 8 - Taylor tells Travis that their T-shirt business website has been hacked. Travis tells Sean, his webpage designer who apparently has put together the Tshirt business page too.

May 9 she escalates and sends fake Steve Carroll text.....

She didn't work at the Purple Plum until after the murder at some point. By her own admission on the stand, her first job after returning in early April was Costa Ramos, the Tex-Mex dive. Nurmi tried to blur the fact of when she started work there, but it wasn't until around just the time of May 26 confrontation.

She said her photography business was starting to take off, which amounted to booking one wedding- my guess the one on May 24 after she thrilled the masses (crowd of 200, max) at a car race with our national anthem. That and a few student photos. Maybe.

Yep, something was off. I've posted before the RUMOR that Purple Plum fired her for providing extra special (and perhaps paid) attention to male customers and staff. What was actually admitted into retrial- inappropriate cuddling with the staff would be grounds enough for dismissal anywhere if that staff was underaged.

IIRC, she had her training at Casa Ramos the Saturday before the murder. Then she had a few days "off". I'll bet she was hired only to work weekends and that's how the "off" part comes in.

IIRC, during the cross of ALV and maybe the direct of DeMarte, it did come out that Jodi had been fraternizing with the male customers at Purple Plum, but nothing seemed to suggest illegal activity.

Didn't she quit her job(s) in the lead up to her "camping trip"?

I'm still not satisfied with this topic: there's something so off about Jodi's hiring history. And it can't have been something minor, 'cos pretty much everyone in the server category will have minor infractions..... "Word" had evidently gotten around about her but what was the "word"?

I wonder if her insistence in him coming on May 5th was a last ditch effort to save even a friendship (doubtful) or if she wanted to make him disappear - she knew he wouldn't tell anyone he was going to see her, and she could explain away any calls or texts (he never even got here!) if an investigation into his disappearance led to her. When he wouldn't come to see her, she cemented her plans to kill him in AZ, imo, and mentally torture him until she got there.

IIRC, she had her training at Casa Ramos the Saturday before the murder. Then she had a few days "off". I'll bet she was hired only to work weekends and that's how the "off" part comes in.

IIRC, during the cross of ALV and maybe the direct of DeMarte, it did come out that Jodi had been fraternizing with the male customers at Purple Plum, but nothing seemed to suggest illegal activity.

Didn't she quit her job(s) in the lead up to her "camping trip"?

I'm still not satisfied with this topic: there's something so off about Jodi's hiring history. And it can't have been something minor, 'cos pretty much everyone in the server category will have minor infractions..... "Word" had evidently gotten around about her but what was the "word"?

I think it was in Jane Valez-Mitchell's book that when the police came to arrest her, her grandfather couldn't believe she had done it because he believed she was at work. Went to Casa Ramos to get work records and when he opened the envelope that Mendez refused to take, he found JA had quit work on the 28th May. So, she quit, went on her road trip, did the dirty deed, came back like nothing happened and was working shortly thereafter at the Purple Plum.

Re her work record: I agree there is definitely something hinky going on there - the question is what was the word on her skills or lack of that made no one want to hire her?

BBM

Something very strange:

She purchased her Starbucks frappuccino at 8:41 pm, then encountered skateboraders w/screwdrivers, then her next receipt is at 8:42 pm filling up her car at Arco.

Could someone have been with her in Pasadena?

I wonder if her insistence in him coming on May 5th was a last ditch effort to save even a friendship (doubtful) or if she wanted to make him disappear - she knew he wouldn't tell anyone he was going to see her, and she could explain away any calls or texts (he never even got here!) if an investigation into his disappearance led to her. When he wouldn't come to see her, she cemented her plans to kill him in AZ, imo, and mentally torture him until she got there.

You're probably right. Plus, every place she suggested they go was an appropriate setting for a murder with no witnesses, the kind that would require a mere shove off a cliff, which she had already playfully done at the Grand Canyon. All the places except Ashland, which was showing Othello. Murder theme strikes again.

In May, you're lucky if you can even get into Crater Lake National Park. They average 44 feet of snow per year. The whole push to persuade Travis to go there in May is really off.

"Why in their timeline does Travis always wake up around 1pm, when the text record shows an outgoing text message to Chris Hughes at 12:13pm? What specific lie or part of their lie-story was important enough to insist on that 1pm wakeup, even in the face of conflicting evidence?" ~ Hope4More

I have been wondering this for a very long time. In her timeline, where are they supposed to be when Zach comes in around 3:00 p.m.? How does she and Nurm get around him not seeing either of them? Sex and pics (according to her) were done before 2:00 p.m.

P.S. If Travis is sitting at his desk looking at his laptop, his back will not be facing the door, no? And if he'd put it on the library behind his desk, how could she see the laptop screen over his big chair?:

office2.jpg

Here's one for ya on this...during trial , cross by JM on that pesky gas can, JM said to her...you returned it to the same Wal- Mart in Salinas, right?

She says y-es , he finishes, because wasn't the Starbucks right there too? And she said -right. Yes.

Hm?

Really good questions for all of us to ponder.

And just to make your awesome narration even more accurate:

The last of the videos watched was at 4:15:13.
That video duration is 2:49.

Assuming they watched the entirety of that video, and the next computer activity is at 4:24:00, free web proxy;

4:15:13 am + 2:49 = 4:18:02 am
4:24:00 am - 4:18:02 am = 5 min, 58 sec.

So the gap between end of videos and the next computer activity is only 6 minutes. Makes even more impossible for all those things you listed to have happened.

Thanks for the accurate math. :). Makes a big difference to get it right. 12-13 minutes was extremely improbable. 6 minutes is an insulting lie. Her MO.

Rewatching her direct with Nurmi on this was fascinating. Infuriating, too, but mostly fascinating. Probably almost all of us in and out of the court room missed most of the specific lies she was telling- not enough info. But what is really obvious IMO is that she was making it up as she went along. One example- when Nurmi asked her- well, what did he say to you when he saw you? And her reply...maybe he greeted me?

"Why in their timeline does Travis always wake up around 1pm, when the text record shows an outgoing text message to Chris Hughes at 12:13pm? What specific lie or part of their lie-story was important enough to insist on that 1pm wakeup, even in the face of conflicting evidence?" ~ Hope4More

I have been wondering this for a very long time. In her timeline, where are they supposed to be when Zach comes in around 3:00 p.m.? How does she and Nurm get around him not seeing either of them? Sex and pics (according to her) were done before 2:00 p.m.

P.S. If Travis is sitting at his desk looking at his laptop, his back will not be facing the door, no? And if he'd put it on the library behind his desk, how could she see the laptop screen over his big chair?:

View attachment 87674

Maybe because Zach told conflicting accounts due to uncertainty about dates?

I really think Flores did everything he could by phone and in Yreka to pin her down about roommates. What she knew about who they were, their routines, all of it. She was at her most slippery when anyone tried to pin her down on this kind of detail, and the conflicting accounts /wrong dates provided by rmates meant JM just didn't go there, IMO. No real point in it for the larger case.

Anyone know what evidence item #32 is (on the library behind the chair)? It looks like a landline phone with an answering machine but I can't get it clearer enlarging the pic, and in the media thread the evidence numbers begin in the 100 range.

ETA pic

officebehinddesk.jpg

I think it was in Jane Valez-Mitchell's book that when the police came to arrest her, her grandfather couldn't believe she had done it because he believed she was at work. Went to Casa Ramos to get work records and when he opened the envelope that Mendez refused to take, he found JA had quit work on the 28th May. So, she quit, went on her road trip, did the dirty deed, came back like nothing happened and was working shortly thereafter at the Purple Plum.

Re her work record: I agree there is definitely something hinky going on there - the question is what was the word on her skills or lack of that made no one want to hire her?

She worked for all of 2 or 3 days at the dive? Until the 28th, when planning murder became her full time occupation? Her paycheck for those days might have been the $100 she deposited, because that's about all she would have earned ( without tips ).

View attachment 87674

Maybe Travis was watching the Daft video because he wanted to do a parody for his next speech. Apprarently that song was popular. His Eddie Snell skit was successful so Daft' was next?

'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' fits his theme for his motivational speech, right?

Maybe he was even practicing/following the dance move in front of his desk facing his laptop turned around.
And JA was peeping through the window.

Anyone know what evidence item #32 is (on the library behind the chair)? It looks like a landline phone with an answering machine but I can't get it clearer enlarging the pic, and in the media thread the evidence numbers begin in the 100 range.

ETA pic

View attachment 87676

I can't see it well enough either, but it looks kinda large for an answering machine. The silver thing looks more like a flatbed scanner (on the bottom, under what might be a land line). Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

BTW....that is not a large office. What a silly and odd story that she stood there for "about a minute" without Naps noticing she was there. Or Travis- surely all the hair on his body would have stood on end if she came that close to him.

Didn't she go thru a drive thru at in and out burgers twice and use her card both times just minutes apart? Someone was with her on at least part of the trip. Maybe she had a "date"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2