UK Several male disappearances UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Scottishem1, Jan 23, 2017.

1. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Lewis Ball has been found in the floating harbour, same spot as Deakon Wilkins. Wasn't there a third man missing in tha area recently too, or am I getting mixed up?

http://www.bristol247.com/channel/news-comment/daily/news-wire/body-found-in-search-of-lewis-ball

2. Scottishem1

Scottishem1 Member

Such a shame 😣although the Bristol and Manchester cases some could be put down as accidents I find it hard to understand why there isn't a high level of water related deaths in Birmingham which also has alot of waterways, unsure if the pubs are near the canals though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Whatkindofmagic

Whatkindofmagic New Member

Fears grow that a shadowy figure is drowning young men in Bristol

Another body in Bristol..

http://dailym.ai/2mGwVdb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

Oh god I do hope not. :(

5. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

CuriousMaine likes this.
  6. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Exactly the point I made last year (?) in relation to the Manchester cases - why in Manchester but not in Birmingham?

They are. A network of canals close to the city centre runs right through Birmingham's main entertainment district. The main difference I can see is that whereas in Manchester the gay village is very close to where the drownings have happened, in Birmingham the gay village is half a mile away alongside the Chinese quarter.

7. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

The second paragraph is very interesting! I'd be looking into a sk on that basis, just to rule it out. Random chance wouldn't account for that difference...

What about Bristol? I haven't been following this thread as I thought it too unlikely that there would be any links. That's the first thing I've seen that's suggestive.

8. MelmothTheLost

I don't know much about Bristol or where the entertainment district is in relation to water. It doesn't have the canal networks that Birmingham and Manchester has but it has historic docks and the River Avon which splits parts of the city into a series of large islands.

9. Sprockett77

Sprockett77 New Member

I'm a Bristolian by birth and I really don't see it being a serial killer,the Bristol deaths anyway.Sorry.The watersheds at Bristol contain many,many bars and clubs and are literally spitting distance from the water...less than 5m in some places from memory...also in Bristol is the Thekla,a floating nightclub...Given men's propensity to urinate in water when drunk...I put them down to tragic accidents...
    Also I think the other guy some of you are thinking of was a young man in Bath...10 miles from Bristol and also a river town.HTH anyone and if I can help with any other locality details pls let me know.
    Disclaimer:I have lived in Australia for over 10yrs now and things may have changed...but recent media pics have shown no major reworkings in the area of the bars,etc
    MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Lots of water and lots of pubs on the canal Gas Street Basin just off Broad Street. Which are the two main club and pub areas in Birmingham

11. Scottishem1

Scottishem1 Member

Another poor man missing in Bristol

12. Scottishem1

Scottishem1 Member

13. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I've set up a thread for Jason Gurgul, see UK index below. Quite a few fellas going astray in Bristol this year, this must be the 3rd or 4th?

14. Whirring

Whirring New Member

I've also noticed these cases totting up and it worries me too. Young, healthy men generally don't just vanish, yet these all have. Is there anything that needs doing specifically that may help?

15. Scottishem1

Scottishem1 Member

I agree 100% it's very worrying and because it's all different police forces it would be harder to put the puzzle together if there was a serial killer on the loose .

16. pillywiggin

pillywiggin Active Member

A man named David Paulides wrote an entire book about men disappearing in similar circumstances. It is called A Sobering Coincidence. It is a fascinating read.

17. Scottishem1

Scottishem1 Member

Thabk you I'll def have a read of that :)

pillywiggin likes this.
  18. Ashildir

Ashildir New Member

Have you found any other male disappearances that are similar to the ones you have previously mentioned since your last post?

pillywiggin likes this.
  19. Miss_B

Miss_B Member

Nothing really new and also nothing to do with a disappearance after a night out. But I have been reading about the disappearance of Adam Seaton - the young boy who went missing in Southport in August. Unfortunately near the place Adam went missing there is a LOT of water. If I’ve posted in the wrong place please remove :)

What I noticed on the Merseyside police FB page was that people from the local area have said that right next to where his Mum’s car was found in the car park, there had been a traveller site set up. The travellers were there for one week and left the same day Adam disappeared on August 9th. That got me thinking... that I was sure travellers were mentioned in the Corrie McKeague case.

I can’t link to the traveller comments as it is FB but the FB post was put onto the Merseyside Police FB page on Sept 20th. This page tells about Adam’s disappearance. Adam Seaton

Please don’t think I am saying anything bad about the travelling community - not at all, I just wanted to put it out there. It’s probably just a coincidence.

20. MelmothTheLost

There is a very well established pattern of Travellers "acquiring" men who can be held captive and forced into slavery. However these men tend to be vulnerable in some way, such as learning disabilities or alcoholism, and are used as forced labour on contruction work. They are also usually held at settled bases used by Travellers, such as run down rural properties or on large official Traveller camps set up by local authorities.

Modern slavery at UK Traveller site may be tip of iceberg, warns judge

Mrs Marple and Miss_B like this.