Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I think LE was in an out of his home around the time of the interviews and he kind of had to be there.

On another topic, if someone kills their family, but doesn't kill themselves and also doesn't take off, I think the likelihood that they will confess is kind of high. If someone already can't bear to stay in a home where something "traumatic" or "emotional" happened, and in fact uses such language, they likely have some emotions themselves and feel a huge sense of pressure and fear or guilt.

There's a pit in my stomach every time I think about her family. I wish there could be a miracle.

It seems very probable that there's going to be finality in this case soon. Maybe via confession. Just getting that sense. But thinking about her family and how everything they had will be destroyed forever. Ugh. It's terrible to think about.

Divorce is always an option as Lacy Peterson's mom said.

I am quoting myself here. I was not the only one. Most of us old timers on here knew he did it. Many of us had a feeling he would confess. It wasn't knee-jerk stuff. It wasn't cruelty. It was experience. I've been on here since 2004. How long for some of the rest of us? And many of us have been following cases before that.

His demeanor. His body language. His words. The circumstances.

If you close your eyes and listen to the voice on the following news report, it will give you chills. It did me. That voice sounds so familiar....MOO
Pregnant woman, two daughters missing in Frederick

Absolutely. Same demeanor, same slow monotone voice, the closing of the eyes, the inappropriate laugh, the lack of emotion and engagement came across very clearly to me anyway.

I hate even thinking this, but I think the girls were dead when she got home and were already gone from the house.
I was thinking they were already dead and packed and ready to go in the garage just waiting for the final package, his wife. Your scenario makes it far easier for him. It would be a done deal and only thing left is taking out his wife and securing her for transport then disposing of her body. If you are right and the children were already gone he would probably have her place ready to just dump, bury her and be off to be at work on time. This brings up the cell phone pinging though. If his daughters were desposed of earlier, no problem, just don't take his phone with him. With his wife it would be harder because he had to continue on to get to work. We know that he had the phone with him because he saw Nicole at the door on his phone. There are only three ways this could go....he made the mistake of shutting off his phone when so he could bury/dump her, 2) He didn't even consider the phone therefore phone records will bore this out which I think is highly unlikely. Most people, even us electronics dummies understand your tracks can be traced by cell phone towers, or 3, he did in fact have a large tool box where he had the body hidden, reported to work just to ensure people saw him there on time, if the use a time clock to punch in. Ditched the phone somewhere on the job site so it appeared he was still there, left the site to dispose of her body and return to work none the wiser. Then waited for Nicole's call telling him that she could not be located. I think that was a big surprise to him. I think he thought once her body was gone it would take much longer for someone to realize she was missing. He in fact intended to make the call later that night when it made since she would have already been home with the girls. Nicole foiled his plan thus he rushed home because now everything was running off script for him.

He absolutely could have gone into the mountains with that time frame, I'm a local (Denver) and you'd be surprised all the "remote" places there are within an hour's drive.

I am not local but since you are and I believe the bodies will be found between his home and his work, are any of these remote places to be found between Frederic and the oil field he is said to be working at?

I got this quote of CW's words from a 9News interview

"I want those kids back so bad"

I believe generally a person in CW's position would say "my kids" not "those kids". "Those" kids implies lack of emotional connection.

I had the exact same to reaction to that choice of words as you did. TOTALLY detached. What I find even more disturbing is that it was said earlier in the thread by a witness that Shanenn confided in that the MIL and SIS were not only distant to her kids, the MIL actually left nuts out knowing one or more of the children could actually die if she consumed one. I am a grandma of two little girls similar in age and I just can't fathom any grandma doing this. She also refused to go over to have an additional visit with them as they were celebrating one of the girls birthdays. That is BIZARRE to me. My ex and I share two grandkids and he lives out of state. He always calls on FT on the girls birthdays and Xmas to "be there" with them because he can't be physically. So grandma and sister in law are detached from the girls and dad is too. Sounds like a heridetary mental illness to me. That is just NOT normal behavior for any of the three.

My opinion— I don’t think CW knew the neighbors had a security camera that captured footage of his house.

I think he backed his truck in, loaded their bodies up, drove off to dump them, and then continued on to work.

I also think he was caught off guard by the friend sounding such loud alarm bells so quickly. He would have called/texted his wife throughout the day to make it look “normal,” and act like “she wasn’t responding to him.” Then call and report them missing when he got home from work. Things have gone awry though, because he didn’t realize there would be video footage of the front door, and he didn’t have enough time to set himself up as “growing more concerned throughout the day.”

I also think it’s telling that she was planning to hang out that afternoon with the same friend that drove her home from the airport at 2am. IMO, to continue a “girls chat” they had been having in the car on the way home. Friend knew there were problems going on.

All my opinion.

I pretty much said the same above but wanted to add I couldn't agree with you more about the camera. Camera's are not a common thing people have in my neck of the woods so it would never dawn on me that someone had one and could "catch me" doing something I should not be doing. He did know that camera's were present but obviously not aware of the range of view of his neighbors.

ETA: Unless a woman signs a consent form to release information to LE (or CPS), the shelter cannot confirm or deny someone is staying there. Very doubtful Shanann is at a shelter but I hope I'm wrong because it would mean SW and those beautiful girls are safe.

100% correct that this is the normal operating procedure for abuse shelters. I volunteered on a hot line where women seeking help could call in. This was back in the 80's and even then they were very cautious. The call center was not even located in the same building as the shelter due to fears someone could trace the call and discover where their wives were hiding. We had no idea who was registered and being sheltered so we could not divulge this info even if we wanted to.

Also interesting to know that during my training when told about the regulation of not devulging info to anyone INCLUDING police that didn't seem to make sense to me. Yes, younger and dumber and far more trusting. I was told that for several reasons this was imperative not to do. The two most common reasons why? One the abuser had ties with a police officer and they could possibly intervene or at least alert the husband where she was. Second, the abuser was in fact a LE himself and could have a buddy of his calling in on his behalf to check to see if the wife was registered.

Bottom line shelters take their service seriously. It is well known to them that the most dangerous time for a battered woman is when she leaves. Those manning the lines are told to make it crystal clear to women callers that there was no possible way that their abuser could track them down. They took this promise to heart. No woman wants to risk their and their children's safety. No shelter ever wants to be responsible for any women being harmed due to their procedure. It really is a going underground process for women who choose to get out and into a shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600