Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news reports state a Court Order was issued but considering such a high profile case, 3 murders, I'm sure the police are wanting to document in writing every action. It would be hard to document a phone call to Coleman's attorney requesting the client be brought in for prints.

That has been already addressed by a Lawyer:bang:, Go back to the beginning of this thread.It is done all the time having a lawyer does not mean you can not cooperate it just means they tag along so your rights are protected.It you are innocent I would think a second set of prints would not be a problem,but if they wanted a palm print and you were unsure if you happen to leave one that ties into the murders then yes I can see making them court order you.After all he lived there so his hand prints should be all over the place :waitasec:Just sayin.

Well, the first thing I bolded could be true as Wrinkles posted that link to an article that said the COO of JMM paid a little visit to Mr. Coleman yesterday. So it could be plausible that they have fired him to distance themselves from this very ugly crime.

The next thing I bolded pizzes me off...what are they gonna do now...try and make it sound like because Sheri came from an Italian family that they were "mobbed up" and THAT'S the reason she and the boys were murdered? Puuuuhlease.

Sorry if that's already been addressed...I saw it, got angry and started ranting.

You're right - I'd be angry too. It's obvious that family and friends are reading this highly respected message board (GO SLEUTHERS)!

But what bothers me most...is if in fact this is true, why is the family member releasing evidence HERE? I know if the supposed killer contacted the family after the fact, that LE would keep that close to their vest. But what if it's CC? And it makes no sense that the threats were only against S and the boys? What on earth did she do to warrant being murdered?

I haven't heard she was having the affair. I haven't heard that she was working for multi-million conglomorate with ties in God knows what (no pun intended).

Is the writer actually insinuating HER family put a hit out on her?

I'm beyond baffled --

:eek:

Ummm ... Stella, somewhere it's stated that it takes less than one minute to strangle a person to death so if that's true the killer had plenty of time to strangle three people, spray paint the message on the wall, escape out the back and deposit the "guts" of the camera in the lake and the DVR along 255.

Maybe it was Dr. Perper on NG who stated less than one minute.

I'm sure some information exists on the net as to how long it takes .. just too gruesome to do much reading on.

Analytical... ummm... It is gruesome, but sadly the facts in this case. So yes, I did research it in my effort to establish a timeline. It takes a minute to render a person unconcious by strangling with death occuring minutes later. Just a guess, as people can go several minutes without oxygen without dying, but I'd imagine it took a lot longer than one minute per victim. Especially if there were struggles between the perp & the victim, which I would again imagine there would have to have been. Who wouldn't fight for their life. Unless of course they were drugged and unable to fight back.

Besides waiting on forensic testing, I'm thinking we might also see the case brought before a grand jury before there is an arrest and charges are filed.

DING DING DING.( You nailed that one too)....your not from alabama are you? I know someone else who uses the name SusieQ....hmm...

You make some valid points. I have doubt too.

I'll make comments in order of paragraphs above . . .

1. Did he really? Do we know this for certain? Or did he call once he got the gym, and then maybe one other time from the gym, before he called for the police? I'm sure the police know, based upon phone records, but I don't think they have released that information yet. So, none of us know for sure.

2. Honestly, I can't answer that question. I agree, that it is one factor that makes him look guilty in my mind. Maybe the wife was in the shower and the kids were asleep? Maybe the ringer was off? Who knows what he could have thought, assuming he is not guilty. If he is guilty, then it is all a ruse anyway.

3. As for the window, the police answered that it was not forced. I'll have to find the exact quote, but I believe the screen was ripped or torn. Naturally, we can only speculate regarding whether the window was left open or merely unlocked.

Major Connor on nanacy grace last night stated:
He started calling right after he left at 5:43 and contacted police at 6:50 when he could not get them.
He also stated the screen was torn, window was open (upon there arival), and there was no forced entry to the window.

Hope that helps!!:rolleyes:

Ummm ... Stella, somewhere it's stated that it takes less than one minute to strangle a person to death so if that's true the killer had plenty of time to strangle three people, spray paint the message on the wall, escape out the back and deposit the "guts" of the camera in the lake and the DVR along 255.

I'm sure some information exists on the net as to how long it takes .. just too gruesome to do much reading on.

It takes just seconds to render someone unconscious (obstruction of the carotid artery) and can be several minutes before death. The "sleeper hold" in wrestling was used to render an opponent unconscious by putting pressure on the carotid.

You're right - I'd be angry too. It's obvious that family and friends are reading this highly respected message board (GO SLEUTHERS)!

But what bothers me most...is if in fact this is true, why is the family member releasing evidence HERE? I know if the supposed killer contacted the family after the fact, that LE would keep that close to their vest. But what if it's CC? And it makes no sense that the threats were only against S and the boys? What on earth did she do to warrant being murdered?

I haven't heard she was having the affair. I haven't heard that she was working for multi-million conglomorate with ties in God knows what (no pun intended).

I'm beyond baffled --

I think the family member, who did NOT post here but the post was copied and pasted here, made statements only and much additional interpretation is being put to them.

I didn't jump to the conclusion that the family was trying to imply a "hit"

It supposedly takes 4 minutes to strangle a person according to what I have learned from past research here and from medical talking heads. So we are looking at a minimum of 12 minutes to commit the actual acts. Throw in the time between and it would probably go up to 25-30 minutes depending on if Sheri and/or the boys struggled with the killer.

The message or messages would only take a matter of minutes to scrawl on the walls, but it is significant because it adds more risk to the killer being caught in the house.

My guess would be the killer had to be in the house for at least 40 minutes from start to finish. This is a long time with Sheri's phone and possibly the house phone ringing off the wall. Wouldn't the killer realize that even if he knew Chris was at the gym...he could be on the way back home every time the phone rang?

Well, the first thing I bolded could be true as Wrinkles posted that link to an article that said the COO of JMM paid a little visit to Mr. Coleman yesterday. So it could be plausible that they have fired him to distance themselves from this very ugly crime.

The next thing I bolded pizzes me off...what are they gonna do now...try and make it sound like because Sheri came from an Italian family that they were "mobbed up" and THAT'S the reason she and the boys were murdered? Puuuuhlease.

Sorry if that's already been addressed...I saw it, got angry and started ranting.

i think that may be one of the reasons cc & family are treating them like they are not worth even acknowledging? sometimes tight knit religious parents expect their kids to marry someone from the church? he met her in the military...just a thought:waitasec:

I'm beyond baffled --

If They are mobbed up(which I do not believe)CC would be the one they have a hit on I would think since he was the one disrespecting his family by having girlfriends.Also I would think Le would have him in protective custody if there were really mob ties connected to this crime.

What do we know about Brad besides he was a part time officer and he choked the life out of a deer? Could he be jealous of his brother's success and beautiful family? Is he married? Kids?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you Pipl him.....www.pipl.com

Analytical... ummm... It is gruesome, but sadly the facts in this case. So yes, I did research it in my effort to establish a timeline. It takes a minute to render a person unconcious by strangling with death occuring minutes later. Just a guess, as people can go several minutes without oxygen without dying, but I'd imagine it took a lot longer than one minute per victim. Especially if there were struggles between the perp & the victim, which I would again imagine there would have to have been. Who wouldn't fight for their life. Unless of course they were drugged and unable to fight back.

5 minutes per person equals 15 minutes .. no more than 5 minutes to spray paint on the wall ... more like under a minute

20 minutes ... Coleman was gone one hour

It supposedly takes 4 minutes to strangle a person according to what I have learned from past research here and from medical talking heads. So we are looking at a minimum of 12 minutes to commit the actual acts. Throw in the time between and it would probably go up to 25-30 minutes depending on if Sheri and/or the boys struggled with the killer.

The message or messages would only take a matter of minutes to scrawl on the walls, but it is significant because it adds more risk to the killer being caught in the house.

My guess would be the killer had to be in the house for at least 40 minutes from start to finish. This is a long time with Sheri's phone and possibly the house phone ringing off the wall. Wouldn't the killer realize that even if he knew Chris was at the gym...he could be on the way back home every time the phone rang?

Plus the removal of the DVR and the scrub pants that were found in the trash. He would had to find the dvr yank it from the wall plus remove his scrubs place them in someone's trash all between 5:43 and 6:50

My rant.

Someone left the back window open, since there was no sign of a forced entry.

Um, the window may not have been open. Someone could have opened it and then left it open. By forced entry, the police said "no" but I would consider a damaged screen a sign of something - either a POE or CC staging one.

Someone also turned off the alarm to the house or turned off the cameras.

Did they have an alarm system? I didn't think so. Thus far, I have not read what happened to his camera - stolen or removed from the home maybe?

Someone wrote notes, and that someone was able to place them in the mailbox, they were not mailed, without being caught on camera for the many months this occured.

We don't know the frequency of the threats, nor do we know exactly when the camera was set up. And, how do we know nothing was captured on video? We don't yet. I'm sure if it was, the police have footage of someone leaving something in the mailbox and are trying to link it to this crime.

This someone also knew that CC did not work Monday night at all, which means that the killer knew his work schedule. And knew his work out schedule or at least was near the house to see CC leave and go to work.

I wouldn't be shocked, if we are to believe that some nut-job was leaving threats regarding his employment at JMM. Many wackos are out there who are super anti-religion, or JMM wouldn't have her own armed security team. So, why would this seem strange?

Then after CC left for the gym, this killer, snuck back into the basement, went through the house, spraypainted a message on the wall, then went upstairs, killed all three using a shoestring or whatever the rumor of the strangulation weapon was.

Someone did. It was either CC or someone else. Two choices.

The killer then had to find and locate the DVR for the cameras. I know that in the office I work, the DVR for the cameras is hidden. So, CC who started his own video security company, would have hidden the DVR also.

Maybe and maybe not? If he never considered, and this would seem strange to me, that the person would be in his house then why hide it? The sole reason for getting it was to capture someone leaving threats at his mailbox, not to fend of burglars . . . and you would want to hide it from them.

As I wrote before, we do not know what the "threats" consisted of . . . slashing tires, burning down house, killing pets, or killing family? CC's reaction to these could naturally vary widely.

So, that means that the killer had to find it. After the killer found it, he had to leave, probably out the back door again, and leave, dropping off the evidence in areas along the way. There were stained scrubbs found in a nearby trashcan, there is a rumor of gloves found along the highway and a broken DVR found under the JB Bridge.

You said it, "rumor" that gloves were found. And, we really don't know - yet - if the scrubs had any connect to this at all.

While that could have happened, If this happened to my family I would have helped the investigation myself by offering anything to help, asking the public for help, personally, offering prints the first day, letting everyone know everything about me and so forth. He has showed no compassion towards the family he lost. I have never even seen him look at the items that we (the community) left at the house. If the loves of my life died, I would still look at what people had sent for them. Unless he doesn't love them anymore...

I can't argue there. His actions, particuarly toward her family, have been terrible.

If he didn't do it, then he should fry (in hell) for not being caring or emotional about what has happened. People that didn't even know the Coleman's were crying this week and it seems that extreme strangers have more compassion than he does. I dunno, just in the way things go, I don't see how anyone could have done all of this and not been CC or a family or close friend.

See my comments above in bold.

The last few times this case has been mentioned on HLN, they olnly state that CC was a security guard - no mention of JMM. Just thought that was interesting....

IMHO I think JMM had their atty's send every network and publisher, media, that they are no longer associated with CC.

Yesterday they mentioned he was a personal body gaurd to JMM, today he is a security guard.

Could be a slip-up, could mean nothing, but I find it interesting. Do we know if he was fired from JMM? I thought she came out and said he will need all the support and uplifting he can get?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

MOO

Mel

Last night on Nancy IIRC Dr.Perper said 4 minutes to kill a person once unconscious.

He also stated the screen was torn, window was open (upon there arival), and there was no forced entry to the window.

Hope that helps!!:rolleyes:

Yes, upon their arrival. But when the family went to bed that night, was it open or unlocked. That is the point I'm trying to make.

Clearly, if all of this is a ruse by CC he opened it and damaged to screen in an attempt to create additional reasonable doubt.

If he did not commit this crime, it would seem that was the POE.

Plus the removal of the DVR and the scrub pants that were found in the trash. He would had to find the dvr yank it from the wall plus remove his scrubs place them in someone's trash all between 5:43 and 6:50

Not to mention the sun is up, people are leaving for work, kids are leaving for school, walking their dogs, jogging in the streets, putting their trash out and no one sees anyone supposedly dumping things in the lake and dumping things in peoples trash cans? Or sewers? LE pulled the man holes, what led them to do that? Did someone see someone dump something? And who was this someone? If it was a stranger in the neighborhood would LE be confident they've solved the case if the neighbors saw a stranger dump something? Or what if a neighbor saw CC dump something?

Think about your own neighborhoods. Our neighbors watch out for each other, watch each others kids get on busses, help pull trash out for elderly neighbors. Somebody had to see something, but what is it they saw?

These are fabulous points! Particularly, the last paragraph. If the phone kept ringing off, assuming he continually kept calling (which I doubt, despite people insisting he was calling the minute he left the house), it would unnerve a murderer - even if he knew CC's schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banksy