Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got this right:

The pictures left on the fridge are just not enough.

Those were his exact words. With so much emotion too.

I can't imagine how difficult this is for Sheri's cousin, a lawyer, working the legal system not only for a client, but for family, his own blood relatives. The sweet innocent wife and two beautiful and equally innocent children, struck down in their own homes and allegedly by the one who was SUPPOSED to protect them.

OMGosh, I just can't imagine.

JMHO
fran

The fact NONE of them have contacted Sheri's family makes me think they KNOW CC murdered them! I hope LE adds their behavior during the PENALTY PHASE!!!

IMHO, I believe it's possible the reason the husband's family hasn't contacted Sheri's is because of what Chris most likely told them. I think it probably boils down to the accused murderer.

Chris couldn't face her family. He knows what he did, IMHO. Heck, I hadn't seen one picture of him, since this crime, look ANYONE in the eye, much less a camera. I did see one recently though, of him looking into the eye of the camera, and it was chilling, imo. He was in orange jumpsuit and staring through a doorway at the camera. The look in his eye, {spooky}.

Ok, I got off course. But anyway, Chris couldn't face her family and well, like the deed of the house was signed over to him too. What's he gonna tell her mom? Now his family, we heard rumors and it's probably coming from his side, Sheri didn't get along with her family, her family was connected to some unsavory people, Sheri spent too much money,.........yadda, yadda, yadda,....

See the way this works? The rumors justifying the now accused staying away from and avoiding talking to the wife's family. (ok, sometimes husbands ;)).

These guys, and yes I'm lumping this accused murderer with many who've preceeded him, are NOT unique. They have a pattern. Each case is different, but yet the same. The names have been changed.

JMHO
fran

I missed alot this morning! I'm glad the family is checking into the deed. Any word yet on when the family will be going into the house? Can you imagine how emotional and heartbreaking that will be?

The family's attorney spoke about how he's talked to several of his collegues and other lawyers and NO ONE can think of ONE REASON a married woman with children would remove her name from a house deed that would have given her 'right of survivorship.'

They're waiting for an answer on that one.

JMHO
fran
Certainly not saying this is the case, but I can think of one reason. if she had bad credit and they wanted to refinance, often one spouse will remove themselves from the deed, refinance with the credit worthy spouse and then quit claim themsleves back on the deed after refi.
IF this was intended to be a temporary removal, which would be fairly easy to determine, then a quit claim deed would most likely not have stood up in court in Il. in the event of divorce. It is a lot about intent.

Heck I am going to pull a copy of that deed shortly. I will let you know what I find out.

This post is basically for anyone reading here who believes Chris is innocent. Whether you personally know this man, his family, a member of the community where the crime happened, or just anyone who feels he didn't do this. I can see where you're coming from. This crime totally doesn't fit what you know about this man, family, or area. Things like this just don't happen in your community. He's from a good family. He worked for a ministry, for crying out loud. He served our country. The pictures of the family prior to the crime show they were loving, close, dedicated to each other.

Yes, most of us who participate here believe Chris Coleman did kill his wife and young sons. Yes, we have watched a HUGE number of these cases unfold in the media and on the pages of Websleuths. Yes, we are placing this case within the criteria of a 'typical' spouse kills wife and sometimes the entire family.

Believe me, we don't WANT it to be the husband. We don't want to think this family was butchered by their own protector. We don't want it to be, the last face they saw before their death, was that of their own loved one, killing them. Oh My Gosh!........no, no, no, no............NOT that.

But............I believe that is what we have here. A man who NOBODY knew, and maybe not even himself. He most likely never thought he'd be capable of such a horrendous act. Or did he?

It's very cliche, but sooooo true,.............you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.................(and IMO, we also don't know what goes on in someone's head, until they act)........

Another cliche type saying goes for just about everything in life, NEVER say NEVER. After several decades of life, I FINALLY learned that. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you get blind-sided by something, you NEVER thought would happen.............and it did.

Ok, I'll stop now and wasting cyber space. But,.........this is where my Websleuth brain is wandering. I just can't believe he killed them all.........INCLUDING the kids, but he did, imo.

Just be open minded to the possibility. You may NOT know Chris at all. Obviously, Sheri didn't. :(

JMHO
fran

Fran, I have to add that one reason this case is so compelling to me is that it hits so close to home! I was married to a "Christian" man and since our separation I've learned a LOT about him that I never thought he would be capable of! None of them are court-worthy or anything, but just stuff he said to me and then did the opposite behind my back.

This whole thing is very skeery to me. My heart goes out to the family and friends of CC who are coming to terms with this tragedy.

This post is basically for anyone reading here who believes Chris is innocent. Whether you personally know this man, his family, a member of the community where the crime happened, or just anyone who feels he didn't do this. I can see where you're coming from. This crime totally doesn't fit what you know about this man, family, or area. Things like this just don't happen in your community. He's from a good family. He worked for a ministry, for crying out loud. He served our country. The pictures of the family prior to the crime show they were loving, close, dedicated to each other.

Yes, most of us who participate here believe Chris Coleman did kill his wife and young sons. Yes, we have watched a HUGE number of these cases unfold in the media and on the pages of Websleuths. Yes, we are placing this case within the criteria of a 'typical' spouse kills wife and sometimes the entire family.

Believe me, we don't WANT it to be the husband. We don't want to think this family was butchered by their own protector. We don't want it to be, the last face they saw before their death, was that of their own loved one, killing them. Oh My Gosh!........no, no, no, no............NOT that.

But............I believe that is what we have here. A man who NOBODY knew, and maybe not even himself. He most likely never thought he'd be capable of such a horrendous act. Or did he?

It's very cliche, but sooooo true,.............you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.................(and IMO, we also don't know what goes on in someone's head, until they act)........

Another cliche type saying goes for just about everything in life, NEVER say NEVER. After several decades of life, I FINALLY learned that. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you get blind-sided by something, you NEVER thought would happen.............and it did.

Ok, I'll stop now and wasting cyber space. But,.........this is where my Websleuth brain is wandering. I just can't believe he killed them all.........INCLUDING the kids, but he did, imo.

Just be open minded to the possibility. You may NOT know Chris at all. Obviously, Sheri didn't. :(

JMHO
fran

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I couldn't have stated it any better. Great post, fran!:blowkiss:

Rev. Coleman will have to retain counsel now for preparation of his answers to the discovery.

Normally, 30 days is given to reply to discovery requests so it's not likely anything will be known immediately as to Meyer's and Coleman's answers.

Meyer's disclosure regarding the threats should be interesting as WaterlooInspector posted last night that JMM had been receiving threats as well.

Fran, I have to add that one reason this case is so compelling to me is that it hits so close to home! I was married to a "Christian" man and since our separation I've learned a LOT about him that I never thought he would be capable of! None of them are court-worthy or anything, but just stuff he said to me and then did the opposite behind my back.

This whole thing is very skeery to me. My heart goes out to the family and friends of CC who are coming to terms with this tragedy.

The worst form of betrayal comes from those we trust the most. It is unbelievable to learn of their secrets.:eek:

Certainly not saying this is the case, but I can think of one reason. if she had bad credit and they wanted to refinance, often one spouse will remove themselves from the deed, refinance with the credit worthy spouse and then quit claim themsleves back on the deed after refi.
IF this was intended to be a temporary removal, which would be fairly easy to determine, then a quit claim deed would most likely not have stood up in court in Il. in the event of divorce. It is a lot about intent.

I've actually heard that *rumored* around it was because they were trying to refinance and she didn't have good credit,............oh yeah, and she liked to spend money. :rolleyes:

I dunno, I guess I had a pretty odd marriage. Once we got married, we combined everything in both names. Not only assets but debts. So our credit history was intertwined.

I did read something, can't recall where, some type of statement that many people in Illinois are under the *false* impression that if they remove one spouse's name from the deed then that spouse has no claim to the property. However, the article said this was incorrect.

Like you said, it might boil down to 'intent.'

We do have to remember that Chris may have had a *plan* for this property ownership etc., due to a possible divorce. It wasn't long ago that his brother KC divorced his wife and took EVERYTHING. Frankly, I hope now that all this is out, his now ex can sue him under some statute for some type of *conspiracy.* It'd serve him right! IMHO

JMHO
fran

I'm sure many of these "extra" orders could have been prevented if the parties involved would have reached out to Sheri's family! You guys don't know how angry this makes me...they are NOT behaving Biblically at all.:mad:

I'm assuming RC is Chris's Dad. I figure his parent mode kicked in and he is trying to protect Chris and ignoring what God wants him to do. As far as JMM I'm sure they have to have court orders to release information or they could be sued by Chris Coleman. JMO I also do not believe they are acting Biblically.

I've actually heard that *rumored* around it was because they were trying to refinance and she didn't have good credit,............oh yeah, and she liked to spend money. :rolleyes:

I dunno, I guess I had a pretty odd marriage. Once we got married, we combined everything in both names. Not only assets but debts. So our credit history was intertwined.

I did read something, can't recall where, some type of statement that many people in Illinois are under the *false* impression that if they remove one spouse's name from the deed then that spouse has no claim to the property. However, the article said this was incorrect.

We do have to remember that Chris may have had a *plan* for this property ownership etc., due to a possible divorce. It wasn't long ago that his brother KC divorced his wife and took EVERYTHING. Frankly, I hope now that all this is out, his now ex can sue him under some statute for some type of *conspiracy.* It'd serve him right! IMHO

JMHO
fran

You just took the words out of my mouth regarding the brother's ex! If this is true and is a pattern, I do hope she tries to regain what she lost!

I'm assuming RC is Chris's Dad. I figure his parent mode kicked in and he is trying to protect Chris and ignoring what God wants him to do. As far as JMM I'm sure they have to have court orders to release information or they could be sued by Chris Coleman. JMO I also do not believe they are acting Biblically.

Yes, RC is Chris' dad. It is rumored that he stepped down from the pulpit this week. If he did and he is backing a guilty CC, then stepping down would be the first gallant action we've witnessed from him so far.

You just took the words out of my mouth regarding the brother's ex! If this is true and is a pattern, I do hope she tries to regain what she lost!

See, I would like her to do it, NOT for the $$, but for the principle.

He believes he's pretty clever getting away with it. This could be a HUGE wake-up call for the louse. Ok, that's a personal opinion, of MINE, and I'm entitled to it! ;)

JMHO
fran

Sheri Coleman's family files wrongful death suit seeking documents and damages in excess of $50,000

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/783119.html

"The lawsuit also seeks documents from Coleman's father, the Rev. Ron Coleman of Chester, who heads Grace Church Ministries in Chester, including Rev. Coleman's pay records and life insurance records.

Neither Ron Coleman nor Joyce Meyer Ministries are named as defendants. The are referred to as, "respondents in discovery."

JMHO
fran
I did check with an Illinois real estate atty and he told me that a transfer deed, under certain circumstances, could hold up in court. He said it was complicated and many things could factor into it.

Couples having different credit scores is not unusual. If hers was bad enough to prohibit them from getting a low interest rate, it would not be unusual to refinance in one name only.
BUT again, I am not saying this was his plan..perhaps this was her understanding of the plan and a reason why she would quitclaim off. But to clarify if the intent was to be off the deed temporarily, then the transfer deed would most likely NOT hold up in court in the event of divorce.

Why would they ask for RC's pay and life insurance records? Do they think RC took out life insurance on Sheri and the boys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74