Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timely article on CNN today:

Snipped ~

In fact, although a person's snap into violence may come as a total surprise, in most cases there is a psychological buildup to that point, said Dr. Peter Ash, director of the Psychiatry and Law Service at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. "There's a pathway to violence that starts with some thinking and then fantasizing about a plan," he said. "There may be a more explicit planning phase that other people don't particularly notice."

The fantasy of killing others may turn into intention, leading the person to track victims and obtain weapons, Ash said.

The psychological buildup to a violent outburst with the intent to kill usually takes a minimum of a few days, said Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a forensic psychiatrist in Saint Charles, Illinois. However, in highly unusual cases, a person with bipolar disorder could experience a buildup of only hours, he said.

A person who has already decided to kill someone else may develop an "eerie composure," firmly believing that the moment to turn back has passed, said Dr. Charles Raison, a psychiatrist and director of the Mind/Body Institute at Emory University.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/26/snap.moments/index.html

there is a homeowner's association and it normally would not allow this, but I think it is making an exception....

I am part of a Home Association and there is absolutely no doubt that they would allow memorials here. I mean, who would honestly make an issue over flowers, etc, left on a lawn for a neighbor??? We are not talking "Home Living Neighborhood LE" fer gawd sakes. The removal of items are personal. No more, no less....

Timely article on CNN today:

Snipped ~
A person who has already decided to kill someone else may develop an "eerie composure," firmly believing that the moment to turn back has passed, said Dr. Charles Raison, a psychiatrist and director of the Mind/Body Institute at Emory University.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/26/snap.moments/index.html
Making it possible, for instance, to take the kids to a baseball game or cook dinner for the whole family for the first time ever the very night you intend to do away with them. :mad:

Making it possible, for instance, to take the kids to a baseball game or cook dinner for the whole family for the first time ever the very night you intend to do away with them. :mad:

Unbelievable. As if they would remember the "nice guy" in the throes of their terror. . .

Hello all and sorry for lurking the past week or so. I've been away from the area. Here are a few bits of information that some of you may find helpful. I previously explained my background and then edited my comments to remove much of that information as a security precaution. I won't name my sources, therefore it's fair enough that the information I share may not be widely believed. But here's what I know:

1. Joyce Meyer quickly began to realize that the situation with CC was not as it appeared at first glance. CC was not on any type of "leave" from JMM at the time of the murders. JMM was not aware of CC's adultery until two employees who worked close with CC came forward with that information. It was immediately decided that CC would not continue with JMM after that information came forward. Those of you who are familiar with JM know that, say what you will about her, she's a smooth operator and one heck of a business woman (as is Dave, her husband.) They, like the rest of us, pretty quickly figured out that things weren't looking right regarding CC. She is not a happy person to know that CC used JMM property to have his affair and to stage false threats.

2. TL is not the person in the photograph from the Tampa Gold Club website that has previously been discussed on this forum. TL is not and has not been in the past a "stripper." I realize that being a "hostess" at a "gentlemen's club" doesn't seem to be a lot different but it important to keep the facts straight and multiple individuals in the Largo/St. Petersburg area confirm that she has not been a stripper. By most accounts, she didn't have a fabulous reputation in that area before her connection to CC came to light and certainly this hasn't helped that reputation. She is being very helpful to LE and Margulis wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he were to try to somehow utilize TL as a scapegoat. She's just been to upfront with LE from the get-go for that to be effective.

3. In speaking with individuals who worked with CC at JMM, not one of the many I have heard from were aware of the threats that CC was "receiving" at home. We're talking about dozens of JMM workers who interacted regularly with CC that had no clue about these supposed threats and their supposed connection to his work with JMM. Most all of JMM workers seem resigned to the fact that CC just did one heck of a job hiding who he really was. JM has met with her workers to let them know that she shares their frustration, anger and pain and has prayed over her employees. Many of them expressed real appreciation for the genuine way that JM has dealt with her feelings about the situation at hand and all agree that JMM has been working with LE from the very beginning, sharing whatever information was helpful. Also, to tie up a loose end out there, the SPD poster who said that she was the wife of a member of the MCS that said the spray paint was found to have come from JMM was incorrect. That is not the case.

4. There is no relationship other than CC between JMM and Grace Church Ministries. While many at GCM are fans or followers of JM, there are theological differences that to you and I don't seem like much but to a Pentecostal are very important. CC is the link between the two and GCM is not a "spin-off" of JMM in any way.

That's all I've got and, as I said, I read a great deal of things posted with a grain of salt myself. I simply ask that you consider the information I've shared and know that it comes from sources that I certainly consider credible.

I may have an additional tidbit to share later this evening if I can confirm the details.

Best to you all!

The signatures certainly seem legit. Nothing to that angle then.

I don't know much about how these things work but I'm curious as to why a person would sign off on a mortgage and then on the same day file a quit claim deed.

I wish someone would watch to see who is coming to dump the memorial things. We know it isn't Chris this time...so the logical choice would be someone else in his family. It truly shows how this family felt about Sheri and the boys and the lack of respect they have for their memories, friends, and neighbors. How do you explain to young children who payed their respects by giving up their favorite toy or made a special card to be placed there that some prick came along and threw it away like it did not matter? :furious:

ETA: This may be a great angle for a story in the local news. They can stake it out and catch them then go speak to the children who left the things. Why not expose this family for who they really are?! I would love to hear an explanation of why they are doing this.

EXCELLENT post! This sounds like another well-known family who seemed to take pleasure in tearing down memorials to the dead. I believe it really shows their "heart condition" to use a phrase.

My opinion only

I don't know much about how these things work but I'm curious as to why a person would sign off on a mortgage and then on the same day file a quit claim deed.

It was refinanced in Chris' name only probably because he could get a better interest rate .. Sherri's credit or lack thereof might have been a "weight" on the credit score thus affecting the loan

Don't know that for sure but that is one explanation. The house was obviously refinanced, from looking at the documents.

Guess that takes care of that She-Devil message we heard about earlier.

The interesting thing is that Chris was wrote those to pretend someone else was responsible, but the message of "I saw you leave..." while it was meant to infer himself leaving...sounds more like he was keeping tabs on Sheri. I would love to hear a psychologist's take on the messages. They do sound personalized towards Sheri which is the opposite of what he was trying to accomplish.

He described messages he'd seen spray-painted in red on walls. Laced with obscenities, they appear to have been directed at Sheri Coleman and include "punished" in the downstairs dining room, "*advertiser censored* paid" or "u have paid" in an upstairs room and "I saw you leave, (expletive) you, I am always watching" in the kitchen.

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/783119.html

Wonder if it's possible that he could have possibly had some other kind of surveillance in the house--that maybe Sheri and the boys had no clue was there-- that he had feeding over to JMM where he worked so he could watch them while he was at work?

One of the news sources that I saw...and I can't remember which one at the moment...had a report of Columbia police going to pick up evidence over at JMM the day AFTER the arrest....maybe computer or something that he might have used for such a purpose??

Just a thought.... :waitasec:

It was refinanced in Chris' name only probably because he could get a better interest rate .. Sherri's credit or lack thereof might have been a "weight" on the credit score thus affecting the loan

Don't know that for sure but that is one explanation. The house was obviously refinanced, from looking at the documents.

It's Sheri not Sherri. No offense, but that's what was on the papers you're quoting and then scribbled out.

Looks like they took out about $28,000 extra when they refinanced.

Exactly!

She signed as the borrower on the re-fi so she's liable for the debt. Her credit was obviously not an issue or she wouldn't have been on the note.

Why on earth would she turn around give up her rights to the property by signing a QCD but still be liable for the debt? That doesn't make any sense at all. A debt that is $28,500 and change more than it was in 2005 when they bought the home.

It appears to have been refinanced in both names.
Then she signed off on the deed the same day. Usually it's the other way around unless I'm reading them wrong.

If I'm right, what better time would there be to get someone to sign something fraudulent without them noticing ? There's a ton of paperwork when you finance a house and it would be real easy to slip something in, especially when you're not suspecting it.

Depending on debt/income ratio, I know for a fact that one can refinance without spouses name on application and not have to sign a quit claim deed. I am finding this confusing. I'm on deed of home, not mortgage though I still had to sign certain forms. Like 3. Is this a State to State thing??? Do certain Mortgage companies require this, which if they did, seems so very legally wrong to me regarding married spouses. I's *SO* confused! :confused:

ETA: I wasn't on mortgage due to what ex chose to do. My credit was excellent. Trust...what a concept.

Exactly!

She signed as the borrower on the re-fi so she's liable for the debt. Her credit was obviously not an issue or she wouldn't have been on the note.

Why on earth would she turn around give up her rights to the property by signing a QCD but still be liable for the debt? That doesn't make any sense at all. A debt that is $28,500 and change more than it was in 2005 when they bought the home.

She didn't give up her rights to the house. In IL name on the deed or not... If the property is acquired during the marriage then it is split 50/50 in the event of a divorce.

Why the quit claim was done is still a mystery but she was not giving up her rights to the house by signing the quit claim. No judge would take her 50% away after 11 years of marriage and with children being born between the 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane