Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindadanette - Did you check out the Bd of Dir's to see if you could find a connection between JMM and GC?

Southernillinoisman or Pres101- Is Grace Ministries, Grace Church USA and Grace Fellowship Church "related"?

Just interested in this - it may not be important.

In looking at the campaign contributions that Lindanette posted, 95% of the "David Meyer"s that it was listing aren't THE David Meyer that's married to Joyce Meyer. For instance, of the 78 records it found in 2008, only 1 was from Dave Meyer of JMM...$2,200 to Mike Huckabee's Presidential campaign (the maximum allowable amount under federal campaign contribution limits.) In 2006, there was, I believe, two contributions to the Republican Senatorial Committee to the tune of $500 total for the year. This doesn't seem shocking to me and hardly a litany of twisted financial ties.

I stand corrected regarding the data from the campaign site -
However, that doesn't detract from the legitimate question regarding the millions of dollars that are being "donated" back and forth between some of the largest "churches" in TV land.

With all due respect, unless we can tie in CC blackmailing JMM or something along that line, perhaps the money transfers within ministries would be better placed in the Political Pavilian? (sp)

Seems to me like it is a different topic altogether.

Lindadanette - Did you check out the Bd of Dir's to see if you could find a connection between JMM and GC?

Southernillinoisman or Pres101- Is Grace Ministries, Grace Church USA and Grace Fellowship Church "related"?

Just interested in this - it may not be important.

It would be important to know if they were indeed connected but, no, they are not connected.

As for all of this about JM and JMM: I have to agree that it is not relevant. We've just about run this thing into the ground. (I don't say this to be disrespectful of you at all Lindanette because you are one of the most valuable posters in this forum IMHO.) JM is and has always been the type of "spiritual leader" who believes and teaches things that are controversial. She is tied in with many other "ministers" (i.e. Oral Roberts, Benny Hinn, etc) that are even more controversial. Her followers are very dedicated. CC worked very closely with the Meyers but not one shred of evidence has been brought to light that he knows any "dirt" that would be of interest or is relevant to this case. JM did the proper thing by immediately offering prayer and comfort to CC. She also did the proper thing by forcing him to resign in light of the moral lapses that were not in line with JMM policy. To me, JM's connection with this ends here. (All just IMHO and not meant disrespectfully to anyone...you all are very special people, here.)

ITA ~ I hesitated to say anything because I respect all of you and the work you've done...just think it might be best to move the topic elsewhere. I am not suggesting this isn't an interesting topic to research in the least! :blowkiss:

You are right, Kimster - I'm not trying to build a political case or to take away from the good works that JMM undoubtedly does. I just started following the trail of JMM's Board of Directors and found that many of them are movers and shakers in their own ministries. Like Grace Ministries, they appear to support and accept support from each other in a way that is questionable by an upfront, seemingly unbiased organization.

I am sleuthing to find information regarding a potential money source that CC may have tapped into - or planned to use for extortion purposes. I'll refrain from posting about this any further.

ITA ~ I hesitated to say anything because I respect all of you and the work you've done...just think it might be best to move the topic elsewhere. I am not suggesting this isn't an interesting topic to research in the least! :blowkiss:
Great idea! ;) I support the continued effort elsewhere. I disagree that JMM discussion should be shelved because people do not want to discuss her. She is a part of this investigation whether we like it or not. It evolves around JM and the Ministry from the job to the threats to the trips to the mistress.

Someone posted about the house in Affton the Colemans lived at. Do you know if that house is now occupied?

TIA!

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/793979.html

Toxicology reports in Coleman case are expected in several weeks; inquest will not be held

COLUMBIA -- The final word as to cause of death in the triple murder of Sheri Coleman and her two sons will come after several weeks when toxicological reports are returned.

But because autopsies were conducted on the three victims, investigators know the victims were murdered by ligature strangulation on May 5.

Coleman's husband and the boys' father, 32-year-old Christopher Coleman, is in the Monroe County Jail charged with three counts of first degree murder.

Monroe County Coroner Julie Gummersheimer said Wednesday that a coroner's inquest will not be held. Because of recent changes in Illinois law, inquests do not have to be held even in murder cases.

"It takes four to six weeks to get back all the information about toxicology," Gummersheimer said, and then it goes to the pathologist, Dr. Raj Nanduri. Only then can a death certificate be issued.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

Great idea! ;) I support the continued effort elsewhere. I disagree that JMM discussion should be shelved because people do not want to discuss her. She is a part of this investigation whether we like it or not. It evolves around JM and the Ministry from the job to the threats to the trips to the mistress.

ITA. I think it's quite obvious that JM was not involved in the murders. However, the "threats" WERE directly related to CC's position within JMM and I believe we will eventually learn that he was using equipment tied to his job to send those threats and to carry on and further his affair with TL. And who knows what impact CC's professional environment had on him and his state of mind? I believe we will learn much more about that as this unfolds as well.

It's not a question of religion, per se, just as it's not merely a question of fidelity or upbringing. It just so happens that CC worked for JMM and they have come under scrutiny long before these murders, and most likely will again in the future. However "pure" their ministry may be, many that have gone before them have fallen in shame and scandal. JMM is not the only such organization to be under a microscope. MOO...

I honestly don't see what all the hub-bub is about the deer. It had already been shot with an arrow and according to someone, they didn't bring a knife. Maybe it wasn't "politically correct" but it was an isolated incident and in no way tied to the Coleman deaths.

To me ... it's much ado about nada .... disclaimer ..I love animals ... and don't advocate any type of cruelty but it just seems they were in an awkward position and didn't have the knife to "finish it off"

Imaginations working overtime.....

Trying to catch up here....

Why even bother to film it or document it on you tube then????

Well, okay. I don't believe CC murdering his own family will have anything, whatsoever, to do with religion in the end. He was using his "Christianity" as a beard, I think. I don't want to confuse his motivations for killing his wife and children here. It wasn't to make a religious - or anti-religious statement. I truly believe his motivation was money and freedom. . I hate the fact that religion is a part of him at all. And I hate the fact that he will drag other - seemingly - faithful people down with him. IMO...

Fairy...I am catching up here...and I do not intend to "blame" religion...but if JMM did not have the restrictions about divorced individuals working for her...do you think CC would have carried out his diabolical plans?

Where could he have gone and made the same $$$??

I do not wish to start a religious debate, but according to scripture, as I understand it, divorce is perfectly acceptable on the grounds of fornication/adultry....JMM is being unrealistic in asking their employees to adhere to a rule that is not found Biblically.

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/793979.html

Toxicology reports in Coleman case are expected in several weeks; inquest will not be held

COLUMBIA -- The final word as to cause of death in the triple murder of Sheri Coleman and her two sons will come after several weeks when toxicological reports are returned.

But because autopsies were conducted on the three victims, investigators know the victims were murdered by ligature strangulation on May 5.

Coleman's husband and the boys' father, 32-year-old Christopher Coleman, is in the Monroe County Jail charged with three counts of first degree murder.

Monroe County Coroner Julie Gummersheimer said Wednesday that a coroner's inquest will not be held. Because of recent changes in Illinois law, inquests do not have to be held even in murder cases.

"It takes four to six weeks to get back all the information about toxicology," Gummersheimer said, and then it goes to the pathologist, Dr. Raj Nanduri. Only then can a death certificate be issued.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>
We should be hearing something very soon if they release the findings. It will be very interesting to find out the final report.

I do know that JMM gave $100,000 to Grace Church so that they could finally pay off the mortgage.

As far as I am concerned that is quite a connection. Now I wonder why someone with or without JMM's blessing would want to lie about that.

Now, I am not real estate expert, but how much could that property be worth in Chester? With that sizable dontation, are we sure that JMM does not own an % of the Church itself? I am sorry, but this smells to me...

Now, I am not real estate expert, but how much could that property be worth in Chester? With that sizable dontation, are we sure that JMM does not own an % of the Church itself? I am sorry, but this smells to me...
Joyce Meyer and/or Joyce Meyer Ministries don't "own" any actual churches. Even her own church, where she is a member, is operated by its own Board of Directors independent of JMM and it's Board of Directors. Grace Church Ministries is operated by elders elected from within the church itself IIRC. No one that I know within JMM is aware of the alledged donation from JM to pay off part of Grace Church Ministries mortgage. Doesn't mean it's not possible but the folks I know should be aware of that if it were true...and they'd never even heard of Grace Church Ministries until the murders and the subsequent news coverage. Whatever relationship there is between JM and RC is apparently pretty low-key and not very close because many who know JM well and interact with her on a regular basis (as well as CC) didn't know a thing about RC. (That should negate the idea that CC threw his dad's supposed weight around to benefit himself because none of them knew who RC was.) Again, though, these folks did say that JM has known CC since he was a child which leads me to believe she must've had some interaction with RC early on in her ministry career.

It's awful quiet tonight...hopefully we'll hear some news soon to keep this story in the public eye. Anyone planning to attend CC's Prelim next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86