SIDEBAR #10- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share this with you all. I had one of my proudest moments yesterday. A 42 year dream that came true and I believe it is from the many well wishes, prayers and kind thoughts you all sent into the Universe.

I am pretty much bedridden and do not get out much. Yesterday was an exception. My yearling Dutch Warmblood/ Throroughbred cross filly showed at the Devon Horse Show. Devon is one of the most prestigious horse shows in the country and attracts the best riders from the US and around the world. I had a filly named Adaire born 2/24/12 that I had bred to a borrowed TB mare by a young Dutch stallion named Amazing. As I was so ill at the time and breeding was on my bucket list I thought I would go for it. I got a beautiful bay filly with lots of white (chrome). My breeder and vet told me she was really nice. I said ok, thinking they were just being nice.

I entered her in the breeding classes at Devon in the PA bred yearling fillies. A handler showed her as I watched with my husband and daughters. She was FIRST and won a beautiful blue ribbon and silver plate. I stared at the scoreboard that stated 1st Place with my name as owner. I started sobbing. I have wished for this since I was 14, that I would someday have a horse nice enough to go to Devon. I never expected to win.

Wishes can come true, even after 42 years. I told my husband that I wanted that blue ribbon in my coffin whenever that day comes.

Thank you to all of you who never knew who you were sending prayers and well wishes to some months ago. They have touched me in so many ways. That blue ribbon was for you, too.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.
Congratulations to you and your WINNER!! In my book you are both winners....you for following your dream! GOOD JOB!!:yourock:

I collect step ladders! :floorlaugh:

Oh lawdy, that made me laugh out loud!!!! I am right there with you, I have a few step ladders around the house. Can't reach anything!!!! :floorlaugh:

Ooooh, pizza is here, gotta go! I haven't really posted much, but feel like I *know* a lot of you guys, it's been really fun posting this evening. Hope everyone has a fantastic night and weekend. I am sure I will be back later. Fun place & great peeps! :seeya:

[video=youtube;SE7-tWEEejU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7-tWEEejU[/video]

Dance some More!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;tPBDMihPRJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPBDMihPRJA[/video]

Zuri,

Congratulations, that is SO awesome. What an honor!!!!

LambChop is a mod now? Wow, They couldn't have picked any better! Grats gf!!

LambChop is a mod now? Wow, They couldn't have picked any better! Grats gf!!

Yeah, now I'm really starting to regret all the times I made fun of Lambykins and her posts, and really hoping that isn't going to come back and haunt me in the near future.

I collect step ladders! :floorlaugh:

At the office I'm the chick that all the shorter girls come get to help them get things off the top kitchen shelves :facepalm: I guess being 5'8 has it's perks .... So I guess step ladders aren't always needed if you've got a token tall person around.

Omg...really!? Nobody in their right mind would want him on any jury..blech....

Cant wait to hear KCL's response ...

hahahaha..I was gonna reply but he must have me blocked..chicken butt!! I think he must not like me calling him out on his bias towards JM. :floorlaugh:

Yeah, now I'm really starting to regret all the times I made fun of Lambykins and her posts, and really hoping that isn't going to come back and haunt me in the near future.

HaHa! So glad I made friends with her! She was by my side, every step of the way during my brother's murderers trial.

And...Dance Some More! You can Prancercize to this one.

[video=youtube;5CImrIKNmBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CImrIKNmBo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members