SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random advice for today:

Don't ever call 800 customer service numbers when you have PMS.
It will not end well.

:giggle:

She was apparently willing to testify for the sweet Jodi she knew, but according to JM refused to answer questions about her drug use and took the fifth re: her sale of pics. IIRC there were problems with her attire and sobriety on the day she was questioned - some pundits hinted that was the reason court was held up - and JM actually stated "It is clear she has some kind of substance abuse problem" that would have been addressed if she testified. She can go on Dr. Drew or HLN and claim she's never had a problem, but if that's true, why couldn't she testify to that under oath?

If she has done nothing wrong, there was no need to fear being questioned by JM and little need for Nurmi and Wilmott to offer her legal advice re: taking the fifth. She can talk all she wants about being bullied, but there have been people that have testified in order to put away organized crime types, drug kingpins and vicious gang members - now those people seriously had reason to fear, but her tales of fond memories of a teen friend?

She was even offered a chance to testify off camera, so why all of a sudden worry about internet gossip now? Especially since she was so willing to put herself out there in all her glory prior to the trial, and people have been talking about her since her first interview. She was more than willing to show up sitting next to the mother, either drifting off or giggling in court when she knew she would be on camera. Her claim of threats as the reason for her refusal gave the DT one more opportunity to ask for a mistrial and attack JM for 'bullying'. I tend to doubt the DT had any intentions of allowing either DB or Patti to testify, but they used her refusal and she is going along with it now.

I don't read those FB pages, but from what I have seen of her myself and what was said in court, I have little to no sympathy for her.

Drug use from when she was a kid and growing pot. She didn't want to testify for Jodi ~ isn't that a GOOD THING? She asked the court for a lawyer, not Wilmott. The things said by the defence may not necessarily be true, it wouldn't be the first time.

This is the problem, the lie goes out and people just believe it. She speaks slow, (of all people) tweets there has been an arrest for DUI and says it was Heroin (well she actually had it as Heroine on the first one) and the ball starts rolling.

Random advice for today:

It will not end well.

Hahahah!! I called my health insurance company once when I had the PMS ... It was one of those voice prompted thingies that just drive me up the wall... I had been on the line for 25 minutes and still didn't have a human being on the phone ... I sort of snapped and screamed into the phone " For @^%$ sake...I just wanna talk to someone with a GD heartbeat!!!! " ... The recorded voice comes on ...Please hold while you are being transferred to mental health services... ;P

Random advice for today:

It will not end well.

I hear ya :facepalm:. Should we send a sympathy card to the customer service operator? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Or did you even get to speak to a "real person" .... so frustrating ...:banghead:

WAIT! Jaclyn didn't make the "no tomatoes" comment, it was me. :blushing: She quoted my post wrong. These were my words, not hers. Just clearing that up. Poor thing. :facepalm:

I understand the jurors have every right to go wherever they want, including court and breakfast. Maybe it is part of their healing process. I didn't think about that when I made my post, but it's something to ponder. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Nor would I want to be. I have nothing but respect for the job they did!! They gave the killer a guilty verdict! Sometimes, I just wish everyone would stop going on HLN, let this fade, so the potential new jurors don't have the opportunity to see this every night. JMO and still, please no tomatoes. :scared:

You deserve your AngelWings, I was trying to just keep the part I wanted to reply to and obvious I didn't do it right. Won't try that again, not as clever as I thought, or another blonde moment. Your so kind, I'd take tomatoes for you any day. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

I hear ya :facepalm:. Should we send a sympathy card to the customer service operator? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Or did you even get to speak to a "real person" .... so frustrating ...:banghead:

Yep, I did eventually get a person and that person learned some new words today and I'm pretty sure my number is now blocked from ever calling them again, which works for me, because I hate them. :sothere:

Hahahah!! I called my health insurance company once when I had the PMS ... It was one of those voice prompted thingies that just drive me up the wall... I had been on the line for 25 minutes and still didn't have a human being on the phone ... I sort of snapped and screamed into the phone " For @^%$ sake...I just wanna talk to someone with a GD heartbeat!!!! " ... The recorded voice comes on ...Please hold while you are being transferred to mental health services... ;P

OMG, how funny. I think most people react the same way (at least I like to think so)... the recording asks you to speak what it is that you need, and then the recording keeps saying it doesn't understand you as if it's taunting you, so you just proceed to yell louder and add in obscenities. It's like I can feel my whole body shape shifting or turning in to a wolf like they do on True Blood... It's physically impossible to control :floorlaugh:

WAIT! Jaclyn didn't make the "no tomatoes" comment, it was me. :blushing: She quoted my post wrong. These were my words, not hers. Just clearing that up. Poor thing. :facepalm:

I understand the jurors have every right to go wherever they want, including court and breakfast. Maybe it is part of their healing process. I didn't think about that when I made my post, but it's something to ponder. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Nor would I want to be. I have nothing but respect for the job they did!! They gave the killer a guilty verdict! Sometimes, I just wish everyone would stop going on HLN, let this fade, so the potential new jurors don't have the opportunity to see this every night. JMO and still, please no tomatoes. :scared:
okkkkk so that's why I couldn't find the original post...I love love love tomatoes, so I went "tomato picking" for Jacylyn cuz the post was victim friendly & thought provoking and "mater glory" seemed a fitting retort!
null_zps8c1fe68a.jpg

OMG, how funny. I think most people react the same way (at least I like to think so)... the recording asks you to speak what it is that you need, and then the recording keeps saying it doesn't understand you as if it's taunting you, so you just proceed to yell louder and add in obscenities. It's like I can feel my whole body shape shifting or turning in to a wolf like they do on True Blood... It's physically impossible to control :floorlaugh:

Ha! That's exactly how it went... I repeated 30 times "I need a referral for an MRI on my knee" ... We're sorry the system does not understand ... SnAp!

She was apparently willing to testify for the sweet Jodi she knew, but according to JM refused to answer questions about her drug use and took the fifth re: her sale of pics. IIRC there were problems with her attire and sobriety on the day she was questioned - some pundits hinted that was the reason court was held up - and JM actually stated "It is clear she has some kind of substance abuse problem" that would have been addressed if she testified. She can go on Dr. Drew or HLN and claim she's never had a problem, but if that's true, why couldn't she testify to that under oath?

If she has done nothing wrong, there was no need to fear being questioned by JM and little need for Nurmi and Wilmott to offer her legal advice re: taking the fifth. She can talk all she wants about being bullied, but there have been people that have testified in order to put away organized crime types, drug kingpins and vicious gang members - now those people seriously had reason to fear, but her tales of fond memories of a teen friend?

She was even offered a chance to testify off camera, so why all of a sudden worry about internet gossip now? Especially since she was so willing to put herself out there in all her glory prior to the trial, and people have been talking about her since her first interview. She was more than willing to show up sitting next to the mother, either drifting off or giggling in court when she knew she would be on camera. Her claim of threats as the reason for her refusal gave the DT one more opportunity to ask for a mistrial and attack JM for 'bullying'. I tend to doubt the DT had any intentions of allowing either DB or Patti to testify, but they used her refusal and she is going along with it now.

I don't read those FB pages, but from what I have seen of her myself and what was said in court, I have little to no sympathy for her.

I know what I saw on dateline and other shows. That girl is on something...legal or illegal....can't prove it so it's MOO. It was too obvious.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I know what I saw on dateline and other shows. That girl is on something...legal or illegal....can't prove it so it's MOO. It was too obvious.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Uhm hm ... AND ...If she wants out of the public spotlight for fear of her safety... Why is she on JVM every other night? Loved when JVM called her a "A Regular Soccer Mom"... What soccer team is that?

Drug use from when she was a kid and growing pot. She didn't want to testify for Jodi ~ isn't that a GOOD THING? She asked the court for a lawyer, not Wilmott. The things said by the defence may not necessarily be true, it wouldn't be the first time.

This is the problem, the lie goes out and people just believe it. She speaks slow, (of all people) tweets there has been an arrest for DUI and says it was Heroin (well she actually had it as Heroine on the first one) and the ball starts rolling.
I tend to think JM would know the difference in a one time juvenile pot incident and a "clear substance abuse problem" - those were his words, not mine and not the defense team's. He said she refused to answer when asked about her drug use, btw. That phrasing also doesn't match him talking about that pot story.

As for whether or not she wanted to testify, her name was on the list, so at one time she wanted to do it. She could have said no and her name wouldn't have been there and JM wouldn't have questioned her. It was JM, not the defense, who described Nurmi and Wilmott taking her out into the hall and representing her when they returned. It was after JM asked her if she herself were asserting those rights that JSS asked her if she wanted an attorney, IIRC. I have testified in court and not once did the thought enter my mind that I'd need an attorney to tell the truth...

Again, I'm not up on the specific rumors, the Stark person, or stories you mention but "talk" is not unheard of for someone in the public eye - what did she expect by aligning herself with Jodi's name to get attention? She put herself out there, knowing what her friend had done and how the public felt about it. She welcomed the attention - still does it seems. Just don't ask her anything under oath...

Oh Shoot, Y'All!

I just read that Food Network fired Paula Deen.

It's a buttery fall from grace. I never bought into that old sweet southern gramma act of hers. I happen to respect her keen business sense. A single mother ( In a time when everyone wasn't doing it) She pulled herself up and built an empire... I happen to think she's got buttery balls of steel.
It's a shame really. Don't care how why or when you were raised. Bigotry is unacceptable.

And then, in my experience at least, they have the unmitigated nerve and bad judgement to ask if you'd like to take a survey to tell them how their customer service is...:stormingmad:

JVM has a roundtable going on about the hearing yesterday. Apparently, Jodi had, at one point, a huge grin on her face. One therapist said it was because she may be the type of person who is happier in prison than out.

The other therapist was more on target, in my opinion. He said that CK's wide grin was a "SCREW YOU" to the judge and the whole proceeding. It's her way of saying "You can't hurt me - you can't even touch me!"

I tend to agree with the first therapist a little, too, though: Jodi Ann may be happier inside than out, because she's around more of her kind, and there are people who know how to deal with her. :moo:

Wow, there's a lot of yelling going on...

Caldillo - From The El Paso Times 1978

2 pounds stew meat
2 cans beef consomme
4 cups of water
1 can salsa (I use 16 oz HOT Herdez red salsa in a jar)
1 large potato, cubed
2 cans chopped green chili

Pressure cook stew meat, consumme and water for one hour. Add salsa, then cook for one hour more. Add potato and chopped chili. Add more water if needed. Pressure cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Can cook in pot and add more meat or potatoes or chili, to taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname