SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more:

Yearly Dementia Test
Our Yearly Dementia Test-- only 4 questions

Our Yearly Dementia Test

It's that time of year for us to take our annual senior citizen test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it!

Below is a very private way to gauge how your memory compares to the last test. Some may think it is too easy but the ones with memory problems may have difficulty.Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not..

The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer. OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast' give up now and do something else..
Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as Auto World.
However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass.If you said 'green bricks,' why are you still reading these??? If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to

Milford Haven in Wales.In London, 17 people get on the bus.

In Reading, 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on.

In Swindon, 2 people get off and 4 get on.

In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on.

In Swansea, 3 people get off and 5 people get on..

In Carmathen, 6 people get off and 3 get on.

You then arrive at Milford Haven..

Without scrolling back to review, how old is the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
Don't you remember your own age?
It was YOU driving the bus!!
If you pass this along to your friends, pray they do better than you.
PS: 95% of people fail most of the questions!!

One more:
How people should weigh themselves:

picture.php

Geez........just finished listening to the opening statements by the Pro in the GZ trial.
My son will be 26 tomorrow. He was about the same height and weight as TM when he was 17. And he wore hoodies, and baggie pants, typical skater wear. My son is tri-racial, wht, Afr. Amer. & Hisp., wavy brown hair, eyes. He drank "Sobies" back then, and ate Oriental candy that he got at a martial arts store.
His dad lived in the "big town", Prescott, and when my son went to visit him, he had to walk or skate everywhere he went because his dad didn't have a vehicle.
Glad I don't live in Florida. JMO.

HOCKEY WOW Chicago scores 2 in a row in 17 seconds with only about 2 minutes left to not only tie , but take the lead for the CUP !!!! WOW WOW WOW

I love this sport , where after killing each other for the entire playoffs, the players shake hands. I love seeing the Stanley Cup being skated around the ice.

My TV took a crap tonight and I'm so bored. Should probably just go to bed but I'm bored and wide awake. Need some entertainment!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a problem and need some help.
When my older son visited me last month, he bought me one of those big HD flat screen TVs. I didn't need a new TV as my old one- 32 inch- was working fine. i thanked him, but now the sound, when it is on low, is very tiney and scratchy. I don't know how to tell him without making him feel as if I'm complaining about the TV. I don't want to be ungrateful.
I hate new things. I usually don't replace things unless it's broken and not fixable.
I don't like the TV because I can see every pimple on faces.
I'm terrible.

First, turn the volume LOW to where you hear your problem.

Then its easy to change the settings to make it better for you. All you have to do is use the TV REMOTE and hit the MENU button. Then use the arrow keys to find the AUDIO setting. Then there will be different settings that you can try to see which one makes your problem go away.

Here are some settings you can try to adjust, but just remember where you started and put it back to its original setting if these changes dont work. One of these should fix it for you.

I would first try to LOWER the TREBLE downwards. That should take care of any scratchy sound.

If that doesnt work, then try to INCREASE the BASS setting as that should allow you to listen to it at a lower volume and still hear it clearly.

If that doesnt work, there should be other settings like special "sound features" like STEREO or EXPAND or some other sound setting. Just try to change it to some other setting and it may work for you better.

Its just a matter of adjusting the different settings to find one you like.

You will end up liking the new TV in the long run. Change is hard to get used to and I understand that. Im the same way.

First, turn the volume LOW to where you hear your problem.

Then its easy to change the settings to make it better for you. All you have to do is use the TV REMOTE and hit the MENU button. Then use the arrow keys to find the AUDIO setting. Then there will be different settings that you can try to see which one makes your problem go away.

Here are some settings you can try to adjust, but just remember where you started and put it back to its original setting if these changes dont work. One of these should fix it for you.

I would first try to LOWER the TREBLE downwards. That should take care of any scratchy sound.

If that doesnt work, then try to INCREASE the BASS setting as that should allow you to listen to it at a lower setting and still hear it clearly.

If that doesnt work, there should be other settings like special "sound features" like STEREO or EXPAND or some other sound setting. Just try to change it to some other setting and it may work for you better.

Its just a matter of adjusting the different settings to find one you like.

You will end up liking the new TV in the long run. Change is hard to get used to and I understand that. Im the same way.

Thanks Hatfield. Will this still work with the Dish satellite remote? I don't use the remote that came with TV.

Found this really weird series on Netflix, produced by Netflix, called "Hemlock Grove" last night.....gypsies, a werewolf, 2 murders, a suicide, a coma, a strange bio corporation, interesting but strange!
My son was out talking with me out by the front gate as the moon came up, it's AWESOME!!!!!! And then he had to tell me the Swiss were busting atoms...ruh roh. The cool thing is, my kid is so knowledgeable, it blows me away. Science vs. technology, what is "God", we have some pretty intense conversations, it's all good.
Just random thoughts.......gonna cash it in for the evening. Nite all!
My son is the best thing I had anything to do with, hands down.

Thanks Hatfield. Will this still work with the Dish satellite remote? I don't use the remote that came with TV.

Well, its really best to do it with the TV Remote because you want to change the TV's Audio sound settings on the TV itself.

However, I realize that the Dish Satelite Remote can most likely change its own Audio settings which may also help because it would change the way the sound is broadcast through the Satelite BOX to your TV. So if you change the Dish Audio settings, this could provide some relief as well.

But, if you do have the TV remote, I would first recommend changing the TV Audio settings themselves as that is a much more direct impact on your TV sound, since it is changing the TV's sound itself.

The Dish Remote would change the Sound being broadcast to your TV from the broadcast signal from the Dish Network.

They BOTH do have an impact on the sound being heard.

JA's yap at sentencing trialette - whaddya call "allocution"? She says a local band in so. coast Big Sur - a guy "Tony" would play request oldies fer her. Band must be "Rough House" must be guy I "know" Tony. Only Tony 'round there regular bar band plays oldies, whatnot.

Wunt she from Stockton? What a hole that is. Prolly still play Louie Louie.

When they dissect her that adrenal gland will outweigh the thyroid, which is backwards for people. For hyena - normal. Not people though.

My Doctors wife passed away! She is 58 years old. He has been my Docter since 1988. I feel so sad. Just a week ago my friend passed. Thanks so much for listening..Nore.:cry:

I was going to post this in the weather forum but I couldn't find it so I'll share it here.

The Jersey Shore has had it's fair share of natural phenomena. The latest was a Tsunami!! It's been confirmed that it hit on June 13th. A possible Tsunami in 1938 was spotted but never confirmed. Sheesh, Blizzards, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes and now Tsunami's, you name it we got!!!

http://brick.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/noaa-a-tsunami-hit-barnegat-inlet-june-13_4464279b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member