SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love me some SC. I will be right down. We had barbecue for dinner with hush puppies and slaw. The slaw up north is shredded coarsely, not fine like they do here.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly. I really hope you feel better. I wish I could wait on you. Heading home Wednesday morning. My daughter is bored so we went shopping for a bit. Made the mistake of giving her my credit card. Oh well. She has been really tolerant so it was a worth it. :seeya:

yummy, cole slaw and hush puppies. Need my address? :floorlaugh:

Miss Daisy loves pasta salad. :seeya:

Jill Biden makes a fabulous chicken tortellini salad that you can eat hot or cold. Add steamed veggies, shredded or chopped up chicken, cooked tortellini and some balsamic vinegrette and olive oil. Very simple and very good. She made it for me 20 years ago and I have replicated it and served it since.

I look at the antiques in my mother's home and they all tell a story. Most of them are family heirlooms. My mother has given me a table that has burn marks from those big coffee pots on it that the Union soldiers made when they came through North Carolina and stayed in my ancestors home. There are pictures galore of my great grandparents and grandparents. And there is a wall with pictures of me and my 3 siblings. One is of my brother which is the last portrait made of him, when he was a sophomore at Duke. There is a serenity here with a lot of memories. Home will always be where my mother is.

This is exactly how I remember my grandma's house when I was growing up. It was just comforting, I can't really put it into words. She passed away in 2004 and I have a lot of her belongings, some in my house and some still in storage.

I love that you have such a wonderful relationship with your mother.

Welcome back and thanks for my new hat! LOL

I'm sick as a dog and getting ready to swallow a bottle of Nyquil to knock me out. No one has brought me food! Shame on them. Nobody loves me and I miss my momma.

I'll come and look after you! But it's a long drive from Canada. Can you hang in there for a couple of days? :floorlaugh:

This is exactly how I remember my grandma's house when I was growing up. It was just comforting, I can't really put it into words. She passed away in 2004 and I have a lot of her belongings, some in my house and some still in storage.

I love that you have such a wonderful relationship with your mother.

I hope my children will say the same about my mother. What a lovely sentiment. My mother's side of the family is in furniture and I have a lot of my grandparents things. It reminds me of my childhood. My grandmother had boxwoods that smelled wonderful. I redid the beds in front of my house and wanted the same smell. I went to all these nurseries to find the ones that smelled like childhood. And they grace the front of my home.

I look at the antiques in my mother's home and they all tell a story. Most of them are family heirlooms. My mother has given me a table that has burn marks from those big coffee pots on it that the Union soldiers made when they came through North Carolina and stayed in my ancestors home. There are pictures galore of my great grandparents and grandparents. And there is a wall with pictures of me and my 3 siblings. One is of my brother which is the last portrait made of him, when he was a sophomore at Duke. There is a serenity here with a lot of memories. Home will always be where my mother is.

So true. The hardest thing I have ever had to do is clean out my mom's house after she passed. I pass her house every day going to and from work, and it still tugs at my heart.

Welcome back and thanks for my new hat! LOL

I'm sick as a dog and getting ready to swallow a bottle of Nyquil to knock me out. No one has brought me food! Shame on them. Nobody loves me and I miss my momma.

Oh, forgive me my little daisybell. Here is some soup, just like momma made (and don't tell me you don't like it- took me hours to make and I'll just get my big spoon and hold your nose and shove it down your throat :stormingmad:)
It's good for you, dear and will make you all better.
Now- open uppppppppppp:
picture.php

So true. The hardest thing I have ever had to do is clean out my mom's house after she passed. I pass her house every day going to and from work, and it still tugs at my heart.

Hardest thing for me, too. I took care of both mom and dad, then had to clear out the house and fix it up to sell. Some things were harder than others, like throwing away hairbrushes and dentures. Bout did me in. Time heals and am in a good place with all of that. Hugs to you, princess.

With that I bid farewell for the evening. Thanks for all your well wishes! Luv all of ya!

Oh, forgive me my little daisybell. Here is some soup, just like momma made (and don't tell me you don't like it- took me hours to make and I'll just get my big spoon and hold your nose and shove it down your throat :stormingmad:)
Now- open uppppppppppp:
picture.php

Are those mozza balls? Can I have some too? Cough, cough....I think I'm feeling a bit under the weather too? :giggle:

Now- open uppppppppppp:
picture.php

Matza ball soup!!!!!!!! How dear of you. Might have to stop by the deli tomorrow and get some.

Nite, sis

Hardest thing for me, too. I took care of both mom and dad, then had to clear out the house and fix it up to sell. Some things were harder than others, like throwing away hairbrushes and dentures. Bout did me in. Time heals and am in a good place with all of that. Hugs to you, princess.

With that I bid farewell for the evening. Thanks for all your well wishes! Luv all of ya!

BBM: Yes, you know what I mean. :hug: Good night Daisy.

Okay friends, I'm finally heading to bed. I knew tonight was going to be rough so I told my boss I'd be in late tomorrow morning. Benedryl is kicking in so I'm off to snuggle with the cats.

(Jeez, I sound like a crazy cat lady now, not a 33 year old single chick...I need to work on this.)

Sweet dreams :seeya: Daisy, I really hope you feel better soon!

I rue the day. Bless your heart. ::hug::hug:

My internet is off and on with all this bad weather, so I'm off to bed, also.
Sorry I couldn't chime in too much in the conversation tonight.
Goodnight everyone. See you tomorrow.

For you Dexter fans. How do you think it will end?

I have no spoilers, but I think the doctor is mean and cunning.
She has been part of his life, so very early on.

I think she will kill him and put her best trophy in a glass jar, that part of his brain.

What do you think?

For you Dexter fans. How do you think it will end?

I have no spoilers, but I think the doctor is mean and cunning.
She has been part of his life, so very early on.

I think she will kill him and put her best trophy in a glass jar, that part of his brain.

What do you think?

The doc is so the killer. But I think she wants Deb to kill Dex. I want an ending that eclipses the whole series, but I know that doc is evil.

I'm heading over to dude's house in about 20 minutes to get my stuff. Have your finger on the "ignore" feature because I'm sure I'll be back later, bawling like a baby. (and I swear I didn't shave my legs or fix my hair and makeup...)

I promise I'll stop whining about this one of these days.

Remember this song: Mac Davis Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me

Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members