SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes.
I like to bend pages: I hate to admit it but i got stuck here at home sick without lemons for a hot toddy. :(. And then it snowed and snowed. I sat up straight in a chair again last night and coughed constantly. I have some Real Lemon lemon juice and I think I will try that with some honey. Hot chocolate is of no value.

I had to cancel my job interview for today. Felt like such a loser calling them and coughing. But...they rescheduled for tomorrow so I gotta get better. I just looked outside. We had fresh snow and the driveway and streets are covered again. :(

Zuri, I have some Mucinex somewhere. I will find it now. This doesn't feel like a virus but what do I know? It is awful stuff.

Nore, thanks for checking with your friend about that chicken. I have such distrust at this moment in our dealings with China and our government and the big companies that I figure Tyson would be the first to buy the chickens from China and lie to us about them. or worse, our government would shut down our own chicken farms so that we are forced to buy from China.

We have a friend who went on a missionary trip to China about four years ago. They have dogs and cats on their restaurant menus! And when you order chicken, you get the whole chicken, eyes and all. It is just defeathered. You can't make this stuff up. He had packed lots of protein bars before going and needless to say, he lost a bit of weight before coming back.

Ok. Enough of my rant. Going to find the Mucinex and read all your good posts. Praying I am well soon.

Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes.
I like to bend pages: I hate to admit it but i got stuck here at home sick without lemons for a hot toddy. :(. And then it snowed and snowed. I sat up straight in a chair again last night and coughed constantly. I have some Real Lemon lemon juice and I think I will try that with some honey. Hot chocolate is of no value.

I had to cancel my job interview for today. Felt like such a loser calling them and coughing. But...they rescheduled for tomorrow so I gotta get better. I just looked outside. We had fresh snow and the driveway and streets are covered again. :(

Zuri, I have some Mucinex somewhere. I will find it now. This doesn't feel like a virus but what do I know? It is awful stuff.

Nore, thanks for checking with your friend about that chicken. I have such distrust at this moment in our dealings with China and our government and the big companies that I figure Tyson would be the first to buy the chickens from China and lie to us about them. or worse, our government would shut down our own chicken farms so that we are forced to buy from China.

We have a friend who went on a missionary trip to China about four years ago. They have dogs and cats on their restaurant menus! And when you order chicken, you get the whole chicken, eyes and all. It is just defeathered. You can't make this stuff up. He had packed lots of protein bars before going and needless to say, he lost a bit of weight before coming back.

Ok. Enough of my rant. Going to find the Mucinex and read all your good posts. Praying I am well soon.

------------

Oh Curious get well soon. Hot tea with honey helps. If you like wine an old fashioned port wine in tea, crawl in bed and cover up. It makes you sweat loosens the mucus.......I'd have to give up chicken if from China and chicken is the only meat I really like. They are out to get us!!! I could never eat a dog or cat. Domestic animals. Touch my Buffy and They'd die.:banghead::jail:

------------

Oh Curious get well soon. Hot tea with honey helps. If you like wine an old fashioned port wine in tea, crawl in bed and cover up. It makes you sweat loosens the mucus.......I'd have to give up chicken if from China and chicken is the only meat I really like. They are out to get us!!! I could never eat a dog or cat. Domestic animals. Touch my Buffy and They'd die.:banghead::jail:

I just found something that feels good! I have some "Real Lemon" lemon juice and mixed three tablespoons in a cup of water and put in microwave and then added a spoon of locally grown honey and it feels so awesome on my throat. Should have done this before. I do like hot tea so I will have that also. Thanks.:loveyou:

I am with you about our domestic animals. And to put them in restaurants! Apparently, the Chinese have done this for years. Can you imagine the packing and shipping of chicken all the way from china? Why on earth would our lawmakers allow that?! Greed/money. Or favors.

Gonna go bundle up again. :seeya:

I really love you Nore. You bring such light and warmth to this thread. :loveyou:
:blowkiss: :heartluv:

----------
Hi Zuri, thank you for your kind words. You will never know how much everyone here helps me. This is a bad time of the year for me. My babies...:loveyou:

Good Day Everyone, Curious, I like hot Tang when I get a sore throat, and it lasts forever in the cabinet. My grandson loves it too. He was so excited with the tree. He was full of questions, did I make it, where did it come from, hoe did I get it in the house. I told him it was from under my house and now he thinks I grow them under my house!!! LOL. He told me I am his best friend and he loves me the most. I told him how much I miss him and he said ,"Mommy always says No", when he asked to come to my house. He wants his little brother to come too, age 1, but I was a fraud it would be too much for me a nd my house wasn't child proofed enough, I just needed a 'Boo fix'. I told him next time. I made him home made french fries and he told me I lied to him because he didn't know I could make them. I said Nana can make lots of good food and to think of what he wants me to make next visit. I was sad when he left and will ask for both little ones next week. Their Mom works for FedEx, so hopefully she will say yes and she can have more time lounging in bed.
Hope your back is better Zuri, I had a spinal cord stimulator that never worked and 5 surgeries inside my spinal cord messed in my back for life. Soaking in a hot tub helps, provided you can get in and out safely.
I am so glad there are no new singing clips by the butcher this Christmas season, something we all can be grateful for.

Good Day Everyone, Curious, I like hot Tang when I get a sore throat, and it lasts forever in the cabinet. My grandson loves it too. He was so excited with the tree. He was full of questions, did I make it, where did it come from, hoe did I get it in the house. I told him it was from under my house and now he thinks I grow them under my house!!! LOL. He told me I am his best friend and he loves me the most. I told him how much I miss him and he said ,"Mommy always says No", when he asked to come to my house. He wants his little brother to come too, age 1, but I was a fraud it would be too much for me a nd my house wasn't child proofed enough, I just needed a 'Boo fix'. I told him next time. I made him home made french fries and he told me I lied to him because he didn't know I could make them. I said Nana can make lots of good food and to think of what he wants me to make next visit. I was sad when he left and will ask for both little ones next week. Their Mom works for FedEx, so hopefully she will say yes and she can have more time lounging in bed.
Hope your back is better Zuri, I had a spinal cord stimulator that never worked and 5 surgeries inside my spinal cord messed in my back for life. Soaking in a hot tub helps, provided you can get in and out safely.
I am so glad there are no new singing clips by the butcher this Christmas season, something we all can be grateful for.

Aw Victims Side, I am so glad you had that time with your grandson. I bet he is going to be asking to go see you a lot now. I love how he thinks you grew trees under your house! Lol

I hope Zuri feels better too. Back problems are awful. I never had surgery, thank goodness but I do have nerve pain sometimes.

I hadn't thought of Tang in years. But today I did make some lemonade, sort of, and hot tea. Both felt so good.

Good news: The family missing in Nevada have been safely found!

I hope everybody who is sick feels better soon. There is a wicked virus going around. Dr. Zuri is recommending Gatorade, Mucinex, Robitussin D, Allegra D or Zyrtec or Claritin to his patients. You gotta make it drain thus the Robitussin D or Mucinex.
If you have colored secretions, you need antibiotic to prevent/ treat secondary infections. Consult your doctor as the last thing you want for ChristmS is a snotty nose. LOL. Hope it works for you!

I wonder if that is what I had. Started with a sore throat, aches and hot and cold body temp fluctuations. Then the bronchial tubes felt dry and tight. At night it felt like a dam broke in my sinuses and ran backwards causing coughing fits that lasted and kept my husband up, as well as myself. Relief came when I slept upright. This went on for a week. It has finally eased off where the coughing fits have lessened to maybe one in the morning and another at night. My girls had this also. Bleck

My BFF, her daughters, my daughter all have this crud. Cough, body aches, sinusitis, congestion. You can easily become dehydrated as you lose a lot of moisture when you cough, sweat, sneeze etc. Gatorade or water is essential for re-hydration. Don't forget humidifiers either. I feel so badly for all of you that have this. Get better soon.

I love Tang! Best ingredient in Russian Tea IMO. I need to get me some. :)

My BFF, her daughters, my daughter all have this crud. Cough, body aches, sinusitis, congestion. You can easily become dehydrated as you lose a lot of moisture when you cough, sweat, sneeze etc. Gatorade or water is essential for re-hydration. Don't forget humidifiers either. I feel so badly for all of you that have this. Get better soon.

I love Tang! Best ingredient in Russian Tea IMO. I need to get me some. :)

Hope you feel better soon Curious, Zuri and Ricki and anyone else that is feeling bad. Stay warm and listen to Dr. Zuri.

I wonder if that is what I had. Started with a sore throat, aches and hot and cold body temp flucuations. Then the bronchial tubes felt dry and tight. At night it felt like a dam broke in my sinuses and ran backwards causing coughing fits that lasted for kept my husband up, as well as myself. Relief came when I slept upright. This went on for a week. It has finally eased off where the coughing fits have lessened to maybe one in the morning and another at night. My girls had this also. Bleck

Ricki, that description sounds just like me. And it has been five days. Awful stuff.

Ricki, that description sounds just like me. And it has been five days. Awful stuff.

It was miserable. No fever, thank goodness. The grand kids had it first and it lingered with them for weeks. Of course I babysit the grand kids, so it was just a matter of time for me to get it because they are little ones and I can't resist kissing them up. Their moms also caught the bug. I guess it is really contagious.

Jodi Arias Snapped 2 part series is on Oxygen Sunday nite

Is anyone around? It's 6am here...kids are still sleeping. (Yay) lol

I fell asleep not long after 8pm last night...only planned to close my eyes for like 30 mins or something and here I am just waking up, Xmas lights and everything still on.

Might try and grab a another hour before all hell breaks loose

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi, I havent been to sleep yetbut I'm hoping. Turned this on to get weather. We are freezing! 19 right now, hi 24, tomorrow hi 17! two days of 10 above at night low low days.. I hate this!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::eek:verreaction: :martini:For Curious~to feel better.

So sorry to hear about so many not feeling well. It is that time of year. Now, if my bosses would quit coming in sick and using my computer and phone!!! I'll be following Zuri's advice when I get it, which will probably be right at Christmas. Believe me, her advice helped me tremendously a few months ago, and I'm sure much relief will be found with this too.

Sorry to hear about your back Zuri. I wish I could suggest something to help, but I don't know of anything other than Doan's Pills (do they even still make those?), and light stretching yoga, and your situation calls for something other than that. (Obviously I only know of back pain from a bad bed, or lifting too heavy.) Try to stay comfy and warm. Very, very happy your son is doing well - Merry, Merry Christmas for you and yours!

Marriage Enhancer? :eek: My eye!!! Take it as a compliment that some dude was getting his freak on as he found you very attractive, and be ever so happy you got away safely!

josie1986, just saw you are in Scotland! How fascinating. I love it that so many people post here from different areas and it seems like we are all just together in the same room. How is Christmas celebrated there? Any different from the U.S.?

Anyone here who is following the Richard Chrisman case (JM's other trial), RC has accepted a plea deal and will be before Judge Granville in a half hour (10:00 a.m. AZ time), don't know if cameras will be on but I'll post all the tweets and such that I can find on his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11