SIDEBAR #27- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good afternoon :seeya:

Travis-Alexander-2.png

kWRqmddcjGDzDgN-556x313-noPad.jpg

I wish that TA pic/poster YesorNo posted above could be on display in the courtroom as his voice. It speaks the truth as backed up by evidence. JA on the other hand will speak lies that cannot be backed up in any way, yet her voice, as far as claims of TA abuse will be for the most part unlimited and clearly heard by the jury. That poster says it all loud and clear and 100% proven.

I hate that in our courts the truth is often squelched while lies go unbridled.

I did a little research on why missy :jail: could possible want to see Detective Flores' files.

Here is his report:

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/flores-investigation-report.pdf

And here is some news articles from way-back-when that go into some detail of what missy:jail: might be looking at:

Jodi Arias trial: Defense accuses detective of perjury

"The dispute over how Jodi Arias killed her lover came to a head late Thursday when the Arias defense team accused the prosecution’s lead detective of perjury and asked for a mistrial in her murder case.

The motion was denied, but the record was made...

In 2009, during hearings to determine whether there was probable cause to seek the death penalty against Arias, Detective Esteban Flores told the court that, based on conversations with the county medical examiner and his study of the scene, Arias first shot Alexander.

The shot, it was said, may or may not have knocked him out initially, but ultimately, Alexander then fought with Arias as she stabbed him 27 times and slit his throat.
Flores repeated that theory of the crime in interviews and sworn statements to Arias’ legal team.

But right before the case went to trial, the story changed.

In his opening statements Jan. 2, Deputy County Attorney Juan Martinez told the jury that Arias first stabbed Alexander, then slit his throat and put a bullet in his head after he was already dead.
The difference in the sequence of events could mean the difference between life and death for Arias. If Arias put a bullet in Alexander to finish him off, it could make her self-defense claim less likely. And it would heighten the perception that Arias acted with premeditation instead of the kind of blind rage that could result in a second-degree- murder verdict....

..Flores claimed that he didn’t recall whether he heard Horn’s testimony two days earlier. As to his change of opinion of how Alexander died, he said, “That was my understanding at the time. ... I’m not a doctor.”...."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-trial-defense-accuses-detective-perjury.html

And this one:

Jodi Arias prosecutor's conduct questioned:

"...But on Thursday it came back to haunt him when defense attorneys for accused killer Jodi Arias were able to introduce a string of emails -- over his repeated objections -- showing that victim Travis Alexander's close friends had tried to warn Arias that Alexander was an abusive womanizer....

Willmott guided LaViolette toward an email string among Alexander and his California friends Chris and Sky Hughes. The emails were not actually shown to the jury. Upon instruction from Judge Sherrie Stephens, LaViolette was not allowed to read them, but only to characterize their content, and she did so with great difficulty given Martinez's repeated rapid-fire objections.

The memo line, LaViolette said, was, "You crossed the Line." Written Jan. 29, 2007, the emails expressed Alexander's anger that the Hugheses had talked to Arias to discourage her from pursuing Alexander because he was abusive to women. He called her a "*advertiser censored*," only saw her secretly and tended to treat her coldly in public, according to LaViolette.

What was not mentioned in court Thursday was the history of the emails. A defense filing from January 2011 details the efforts Arias' attorneys went to obtain them. Initially the prosecution told the defense attorneys that there were no available text messages sent or received by Alexander and then was ordered to turn over several hundred.

Furthermore, according to the filing, the case agent, Mesa police Detective Esteban Flores, told the defense attorneys that there was nothing "out of the ordinary" among Alexander's emails; about 8,000 were turned over to the defense in June 2010, including the Hughes emails.

The 2011 filing details the email contents, including "A response from Mr. Hughes ... wherein he asserts that he believes Jodi would be his (Travis') next victim and that Jodi was just another girl that he (Travis) was playing." Alexander allegedly replied by saying "I am a bit of a sociopath."

Other emails from Sky Hughes, the filing says, say that Alexander considered Arias to be a "booty call," and said "How he, Mr. Alexander, was abusive to Jodi and ... how he was beating her emotionally in part by making out with her without giving her a commitment." And there is an email from another woman Alexander was seeing at the time "wherin she complains of Mr. Alexander's conduct making her feel used and dirty."......"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/28/arias-prosecutors-conduct-questioned/2029913/
-----------------------------

I don't know what missy:jail: is looking for in Flores' reports, shot first, emails, but you can be sure she will try to twist it to her advantage.

JM will
16tons.gif
in any event- for sure.

I wish that TA pic/poster YesorNo posted above could be on display in the courtroom as his voice. It speaks the truth as backed up by evidence. JA on the other hand will speak lies that cannot be backed up in any way, yet her voice, as far as claims of TA abuse will be for the most part unlimited and clearly heard by the jury. That poster says it all loud and clear and 100% proven.

I hate that in our courts the truth is often squelched while lies go unbridled.

Too prejudicial to the defendant, unfortunately. Pftttt.

"...The actor, who took his life a week ago at the age of 63, recorded a special video for a terminally ill New Zealand woman just months before he died. Superfan Vivian Waller — a 21-year-old woman suffering from lung, bowel, and liver cancer — made a bucket list shortly after her diagnosis and among the five items listed was meeting Williams....

The Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society actor was known for being generous with his time and money when it came to charity endeavors and worked with Comic Relief, the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, the LiveStrong Foundation, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, among other organizations."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...-cancer-shortly-before-he-died-145021492.html

What a generous man and too bad he couldn't realize what a wonderful person he was, IMO.

Too prejudicial to the defendant, unfortunately. Pftttt.

Yep. I have a hard time with the truth being limited due to being too prejudicial to the killer while lies by the dozen are deemed OK.

I mean--I can understand things not being allowed that have not been proven as that is what prejudicial means. But she is guilty, proven in a court of law so it is no longer prejudicial information. I am surprised the fact that she was found Guilty is even being allowed given how it is a truth that is not in her favor.

Yep. I have a hard time with the truth being limited due to being too prejudicial to the killer while lies by the dozen are deemed OK.

I mean--I can understand things not being allowed that have not been proven as that is what prejudicial means. But she is guilty, proven in a court of law so it is no longer prejudicial information. I am surprised the fact that she was found Guilty is even being allowed given how it is a truth that is not in her favor.

BBM It's still prejudicial to have the pics/poster in front of the jury. Some jurors may still think that missy:jail: was abused in some way, even when they hear that she was found guilty of murder.

You never know how a juror will respond to all the evidence- even with a guilty verdict. Just look at how the foreman formed his opinion on whether she should get DP or live. It was unbelievable to me, how he believed that she was abused. He believed ALV and missy:jail:! He was the one nodding his head in agreement when ALV was spouting her baloney about the "abuse" of missy:jail:.

Arias Jury Foreman: '18 Days of Testimony Hurt Her'

Video here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19247835

William Zervakos, Jodi Arias' Jury Foreman, Says 'System Is Flawed,' Death Decision Unfair

"..."The system we think is flawed in that sense because this was not a case of a Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson," Zervakos told The Associated Press.

"It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair," the 69-year-old added. "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months...

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/25/william-zervakos-jodi-arias-foreman-unfair_n_3335714.html

Jury foreman: Jodi Arias shouldn't die 'for being stupid'

"...Zervakos says there were multiple mitigating factors, including Arias' age, the fact that she had no criminal history and her "dysfunctional" family, which led him to vote the way he did.

Most notably, as he expressed during an interview with "Good Morning America" the day after the judge declared a mistrial, he firmly believes Arias was abused. "All of the testimony that I listened to -- and that I actually heard as well as read… I do believe he verbally and mentally abused her," Zervakos said. "There was just too much evidence. That… you know. Again not an excuse. And believe me I’m not painting Jodi Arias as a sympathetic figure."

When asked about sympathy for Arias and the claims that the defense tried to vilify Travis Alexander, Zervakos responded, "I’m sorry. I don’t mean to slander him." He went on to say, "I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die. What she did was horrific, and she’s got to pay for it. And she is going to."

Zervakos gave more reasons why he voted against the death penalty. "You don’t put people to death for being stupid. You don’t put people to death for lying. So I had to weigh all these things."

“I don’t think Jodi Arias is a menace to society. I think something happened and she’s got to pay for it and she will pay for it."..."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

Look at the mitigating "evidence" he thinks are relative to why missy:jail: should live and not die. He said there was "evidence"- where he found that evidence is a mystery and I can only think it's just from the mouths of missy:jail:, ALV, and that one text(?) message where Travis slams her.

If there was those pics/poster in the courtroom at the time, I don't think they would have made a difference in the outcome of the trial- not with someone like the foreman. This is the one person that the defense is praying for and they found it with Mr. Zervakos. I think he influenced the other 3 jurors that voted for life, too.

It's going to be all about mitigating factors in the next trial and missy:jail: only needs 1 juror to live who thinks just like the foreman and a poster/pic is not going to make a difference, IMO, but that's the law and there's nothing we can do about it. Every victim is on trial, too, in the eyes of the jurors, IMO, to see the whole picture and to come to a decision (not fair, but there you go and such is life).

Just :moo:

[video=youtube;W9UeKdMZbAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9UeKdMZbAM[/video]

Geevee, krkrjx, Tuba, anyone else....PLEASE help!

i am getting Java pop ups everywhere and the 2x2 ads. My computer has been SLOW forever so I have used my iPad. Now my iPad gets all this junk on it. I am going to run the spyware that Geevee mentioned this week on my hard drive (desk top). Should i download it on my iPad too? Or is that even possible?
I am computer illiterate pretty much and any help any of you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
At some point in the past couple of years, I had Ccleaner on my desktop and Norton also. Neither did a good job for me so I got rid of both. Since then I can't use my desk top because it is so slow. Now my iPad is infected. Is it the WS site that caused this? I don't run Java, whatever that is.

I have to be out most of the morning to see a doctor but will be back later. Any help at all will be appreciated. Thanks to all of you.

Have you used Windows Defender? It should be loaded, already if not go to the microsoft and download it. I also use the free Malware and the free avg.

Didn't that jury foreman's son say his dad had proclaimed that "nobody is getting the death penalty on my watch"? I read that somewhere. Was it or was it not posted somewhere by the son--anyone remember seeing it? That to me said he was against the DP from the start and never intended to vote for it. He did vote for guilty of Murder One and if he was adamant that she had been abused by TA, I am not sure he would have found her guilty of premeditated crime; I think he would have given her some benefit of the doubt about self defense. Ridiculous as that sounds given how many stab wounds but good grief jurors don't all come to court with their brain engaged.

I hate that she can still claim he abused her with absolutely no proof...and the state cannot show that what she did to him falls within the parameters of domestic violence. I believe in a fair trial for all but cannot see anything fair about what goes on in many courtrooms these days and bias is usually in favor of the perp. Jurors are supposed to base their decision on what they hear in court and nothing else. How can they do that responsibly if what they are allowed to hear is mostly one-sided?

Rant over.

BBM It's still prejudicial to have the pics/poster in front of the jury. Some jurors may still think that missy:jail: was abused in some way, even when they hear that she was found guilty of murder.

You never know how a juror will respond to all the evidence- even with a guilty verdict. Just look at how the foreman formed his opinion on whether she should get DP or live. It was unbelievable to me, how he believed that she was abused. He believed ALV and missy:jail:! He was the one nodding his head in agreement when ALV was spouting her baloney about the "abuse" of missy:jail:.

Arias Jury Foreman: '18 Days of Testimony Hurt Her'

Video here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19247835

William Zervakos, Jodi Arias' Jury Foreman, Says 'System Is Flawed,' Death Decision Unfair

"..."The system we think is flawed in that sense because this was not a case of a Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson," Zervakos told The Associated Press.

"It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair," the 69-year-old added. "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months...

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/25/william-zervakos-jodi-arias-foreman-unfair_n_3335714.html

Jury foreman: Jodi Arias shouldn't die 'for being stupid'

"...Zervakos says there were multiple mitigating factors, including Arias' age, the fact that she had no criminal history and her "dysfunctional" family, which led him to vote the way he did.

Most notably, as he expressed during an interview with "Good Morning America" the day after the judge declared a mistrial, he firmly believes Arias was abused. "All of the testimony that I listened to -- and that I actually heard as well as read… I do believe he verbally and mentally abused her," Zervakos said. "There was just too much evidence. That… you know. Again not an excuse. And believe me I’m not painting Jodi Arias as a sympathetic figure."

When asked about sympathy for Arias and the claims that the defense tried to vilify Travis Alexander, Zervakos responded, "I’m sorry. I don’t mean to slander him." He went on to say, "I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die. What she did was horrific, and she’s got to pay for it. And she is going to."

Zervakos gave more reasons why he voted against the death penalty. "You don’t put people to death for being stupid. You don’t put people to death for lying. So I had to weigh all these things."

“I don’t think Jodi Arias is a menace to society. I think something happened and she’s got to pay for it and she will pay for it."..."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

Look at the mitigating "evidence" he thinks are relative to why missy:jail: should live and not die. He said there was "evidence"- where he found that evidence is a mystery and I can only think it's just from the mouths of missy:jail:, ALV, and that one text(?) message where Travis slams her.

If there was those pics/poster in the courtroom at the time, I don't think they would have made a difference in the outcome of the trial- not with someone like the foreman. This is the one person that the defense is praying for and they found it with Mr. Zervakos. I think he influenced the other 3 jurors that voted for life, too.

It's going to be all about mitigating factors in the next trial and missy:jail: only needs 1 juror to live who thinks just like the foreman and a poster/pic is not going to make a difference, IMO, but that's the law and there's nothing we can do about it. Every victim is on trial, too, in the eyes of the jurors, IMO, to see the whole picture and to come to a decision (not fair, but there you go and such is life).

Just :moo:

Thank you so much again for all your great research. :yourock:

There's so much to comment on, but I found it intriguing that he brings up Manson and Dahmer. So a prospective juror could answer perfectly truthfully that they believe they could assess the death penalty against someone -- when what they actually mean is, they could, providing the person meets their personal view of what the death penalty should be used for. This must be the kind of thing that gives prosecutors nightmares.

I remember reading or seeing his comments last year about how Jodi was this nice normal girl until she met Travis. I didn't buy that explanation then and I don't buy it now. I think this is the excuse he feels comfortable giving in public. He either didn't like Travis, or he didn't like Juan Martinez, or he doesn't like Mormons, or he just chickened out -- something.

I'd also be really curious to know what the other 3 people who wouldn't vote for the death penalty thought. I hope they agree to interviews after this is all over. I doubt they will, but I'm going to hope anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53