SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so heartbroken today watching the hearing on the killer of a precious 7 year old girl. There's a special place the creepy murderer will eventually end but meanwhile may he rot in prison, and I do believe the inmates will give him a hard time.

Rest in peace, Gabbie. Blessings to your family and close friends.

I also send blessings to everyone on the SB that is ill, struggling with personal things and all the unpleasant things sometimes life bestows on us.

Thank you for the blessings, daisemae. I personally feel that everyone here has struggles in our life and we were drawn together, as we are all struggling with a 'demon' that we are fighting.

Good Morning Everyone :)
Start your day with a smile and end it with a smile. Always know that you are loved and be kind to one another. :grouphug:

My plans for today are...taking Squeaky over my G/F house for a play date. She has 3 yorkie's and Squeaks loves playing with them. Other than that, not much going on in my world today :)

Found this and even though it's humor, there is truth in it also.

Thanksgiving Letter From Grandma!

Dear Family.......Living is still important to me.

If being in my Last Will and Testament is important to you, then you might consider being with me for my favorite holiday. Dinner is at 2:00. Not 2:15. Not 2:05. Two. 2:00! Arrive late and you get what's left over.

Last year, that moron Marshall fried a turkey in one of those contraptions and practically burned the deck off the house. This year, the only peanut oil used to make the meal will be from the secret scoop of peanut butter I add to the carrot soup.

Jonathan, your last new wife was an idiot. You don't arrive at someone's house on Thanksgiving needing to use the oven and the stove. Honest to God, I thought you might have learned after two wives - date them longer and save us all the agony of another divorce.

Now, the house rules are slightly different This year because I have decided that 47% of you don't know how to take care of nice things. Paper plates and red Solo cups might be bad for the environment, but I'll be gone soon and that will be your problem to deal with.

House Rules:
1. The University of Texas no longer plays Texas A&M. The television stays off during the meal.
2. The "no cans for kids" rule still exists. We are using 2 liter bottles because your children still open a third can before finishing the first two. Parents can fill a child's cup when it is empty. All of the cups have names on them and I'll be paying close attention to refills.
3. Chloe, last year we were at Trudy's house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time, honey. You've never been a good cook and you shouldn't bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the bakery.
4. Grandmothers give grandchildren cookies and candy. That is a fact of life. Your children can eat healthy at your home. At my home, they can eat whatever they like as long as they finish it.
5. I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That's nothing new. Your being a vegetarian doesn't change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That's why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy... look at me. I've outlived almost everyone I know.
6. Salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.
7. I do not like cell phones. Leave them in the car.
8. I do not like video cameras. There will be 32 people here. I am sure you can capture lots of memories without the camera pointed at me.
9. Being a mother means you have to actually pay attention to the kids. I have nice things and I don't put them away just because company is coming over. Mary, watch your kids and I'll watch my things.
10. Rhonda, a cat that requires a shot twice a day is a cat that has lived too many lives. I think staying home to care for the cat is your way of letting me know that I have lived too many lives too. I can live with that. Can you?
11. Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don't need to bring anything means you don't need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really, this doesn't have to be difficult.
12. Domino's and cards are better than anything that requires a battery or an on/off switch. That was true when you were kids and it's true now that you have kids.
13. Showing up for Thanksgiving guarantees presents at Christmas. Not showing up guarantees a card that may or may not be signed.

Love You, Grandma

sweety_good_afternoon_image_1858195592.gif

Link: http://www.funnydam.com/uploads/sweety_good_afternoon_image_1858195592.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive: ISIS Releases Target Lists of US Officials

"...The hackers, calling themselves the "Islamic State Cyber Army," published what they claimed are names and addresses of people who have worked for the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, the FBI, the CIA, the National Counterterrorism Center, the National Guard and other American organizations and agencies. They also posted what they said are names, addresses and pictures of U.S military personnel who have served in Kuwait, Qatar, Iraq and Afghanistan...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vocat...es-t_b_8629230.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
----------------------------------------------------------------

First execution date since 2013 set for January

"On Monday the Alabama Supreme Court set Jan. 21 as an execution date for Christopher Brooks, which is nine days after the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama is scheduled to hear arguments regarding the legality of Alabama's execution method.

If it's not postponed, Brooks' will be the first execution to take place in the state since July 2013...

Brooks was convicted for the 1993 murder and rape of Jo Deann Campbell."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ecution-date-since-2013-set-january/76266094/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Woman sues Washington for return of JFK assassination film

"A woman whose grandfather shot a home movie of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in Dallas' Dealey Plaza on Nov. 22, 1963 is suing the U.S. government to either get it back or get $10 million in compensation.

Gayle Nix Jackson filed the lawsuit in federal court on Saturday, a day before the 52nd anniversary of the JFK assassination. Jackson is seeking the original film shot by her deceased grandfather, Orville Nix, or the money..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-jfk-film-idUSKBN0TD00R20151124#MjXJgwf7WY8oL1hI.97
-------------------------------------------------------

I Don't Care Who Killed JFK

"The controversy over who killed President John F. Kennedy has now raged for over half a century. Every year on November 22, Americans regurgitate the debate over who was responsible for JFK's murder in 1963. It is a diversion and a waste of time..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter...jf_1_b_8622106.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
------------------------------------------------------

10 Things Everyone Should Know About Seasonal Depression
It's more than just the winter blues.

"...Seasonal affective disorder is a condition that affects nearly 10 million American adults and can make a few months out of the year feel downright unbearable. It's common to feel bouts of the winter blues, but those with seasonal depression may experience symptoms and low moods that sometimes make everyday tasks feel impossible.

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind about seasonal affective disorder, its treatment options and how it affects people's daily lives..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...=Healthy+Living%3Fncid%3Dnewsltushpmg00000003
-------------------------------------------------------------

Gas Prices Plummet, Hybrids And EVs Feeling The Pinch

"Filling up at the pump is no longer the eye-watering affair it once was. Remember $4 dollars a gallon? How could we forget, right? And yet here we are, noting that gasoline prices have just plummeted another five percent, now averaging $2.14 a gallon—70 cents lower than this time a year ago. According to experts, we’ve not yet reached the bottom.

How low prices will go remains to be seen, but GasBuddy suggests we may see a national average around $1.99 by Thanksgiving day..."

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/gas-prices-plummet-hybrids-and-evs-feeling-the-181921719.html
---------------------------------------------------------------

7 Things You Should Never Touch at a Big-box Store

"...this Black Friday, you may be bringing home more than you bargained for — your favorite big-box stores are some of the germiest places out there, harboring bacteria like E. coli and MRSA, and even fecal matter. Yuck. :scared:

So what shouldn’t you be touching at Costco, Walmart, and Target? Here are seven of the worst offenders..."

https://www.yahoo.com/health/big-box-walmart-costco-target-224210135.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why You Should Never Baste Your Thanksgiving Turkey :turkey:

"...There’s no real need to baste your turkey once you pop it in the oven, especially if you baste with a coat of oil before you cook.

“It’s like putting water on a raincoat,” said Sue Smith, the co-director of the Butterball Turkey Talk Line, the meat purveyor’s advice hotline during the holidays. “It just drips right off.”

Your bird will likely stay moist by either spraying the skin with a little cooking spray, or brushing the bird with butter or olive oil. “That’s what gives it that nice golden color,” Smith says..."

https://www.yahoo.com/food/why-you-should-never-baste-your-thanksgiving-123755466.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Simple Kitchen Trick Will Change The Way You Peel Potatoes

"...Start by slicing around the potato skin in a circular motion with a sharp knife. Then, throw the potatoes into some boiling water and let them cook. After your potatoes are removed, you just simply have to pinch the potato skin and it comes off almost instantly...

Check out the video below ( 6 Amazing Cooking Tips)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodb...k-wi_b_8602716.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oldest Remaining Survivor Of USS Arizona Dead At 98 (with video)
Only seven crew members who were aboard the ship when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor remain alive.

"John Anderson, the oldest remaining survivor of the USS Arizona, which sank when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, died Saturday in Roswell, New Mexico.
Anderson's death leaves just seven known surviving Arizona crewmen -- all of whom are in their 90s. Of the roughly 1,500 crew members assigned to the Arizona, 1,177 were killed on Dec. 7, 1941.

Anderson died of complications after surgery to repair a broken hip, his son John Anderson Jr. said. He was 98..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e31e4b0258edb30d8c7?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

obit-anderson-537x350.jpg

RIP and thanks :candle:

Wise Professor

There were four sophomores taking chemistry and all of them had an 'A' so far. These four friends were so confident that the weekend before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a big party. They had a great time but, after all the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Florida State until early Monday morning.

Rather than taking the final then, they decided that after the final they would explain to their professor why they missed it. They said that they visited friends but on the way back they had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final. The professor agreed they could make up the final the next day. The guys were excited and relieved. They studied that night for the exam.

The next day the Professor placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test booklet. They quickly answered the first problem worth 5 points. Cool, they thought! Each one, in a separate room, thought this was going to be easy ... then they turned the page.

On the second page was written...

For 95 points: Which tire? :facepalm:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trapped with Ms. Arias:

Chapter 11

My Initial Review of the Evidence as it Related to Mr. Alexander

L talks about learning about the victim so the jury can figure out the sentence for client

"Many might say that this amounts to 'dragging the victim through the mud' "

L talks about the talking head's on TV "verbal tirade about defense attys or our criminal justice system"

"Thus, as it related to Ms. Arias' case her jury needed to consider the dynamics of the relationship she shared with Mr. Alexander before a lawful sentence could be rendered....if I had not presented such evidence Ms. Arias would likely be getting a new trial.

Having offered all this information to you, those waiting for me to apologize for doing my job had better not hold their breathe because they will be waiting a long time,in fact, such an apology will never come. Furthermore, I will make no apologiers about repeating the reality of the evidence that had to be collected and/or presented throughout this book. 'Facts are stubborn things' "
(pg. 82-83)

L says -in beginning of case it's hard to get accurate picture of who Travis was- "inaccurate or contradictory [info] to other evidence"

Talks about Travis' job and how it was described by people- insurance salesman, motivational speaker, Executive Director for Pre-Paid Legal- pyramid

"He worked for a multi-level marketing company whose product was legal insurance"

Travis had a "rough childhood"- parents were drug addicts- no food to eat; he was described as a "flirt, a player and also a 30 year old virgin...very generous, very charismatic and very kind

"It was obvious that there was another side to Mr. Alexander, a side that many of his friends and family did not know."

Travis on spiritual level: "devout Mormon...living by the dictates of the church to such a degree that he wouldn't even drink caffeine"

people said that he was well-off financially- had big house, BMW

L said TA's financial situation didn't show that he was well-off

"Likewise, the nude pictures of Mr. Alexander he took on the day of his death demonstrated the clear reality that he was not a 30 year old virgin...despite the fact that most of his peers thought he was living a caste life, he was not.....his lifestyle was far from chaste.... I saw him as a person who was loved by many but who, at the same time, was not who people thought he was." (pg. 83)- he was hiding things- "living a lie"- thus could not be himself- "would danger the image others had of him"

L's initial assessment of TA- "I found it to be very sad."

===============================================================

Chapter 12

My Initial review of the Evidence as it Related to the Relationship

L talks about relationships between killer and victims- the murderer's and TA's - "atypical" and often considered second degree murder or manslaughter..rare for these crimes between romantic partners/lovers to be charges as capital offense

"the state wanted to kill my client because she killed her lover"- he knew that their relationship would be important role in "quest to kill my client"

L said that every person who spoke to police re relationship said something different

the murderer described relationship (in 48 Hrs program) that it was sexual- boyfriend/girlfriend, but labeled it as a "friendship"

L stated it was hard to tell if they were in love or friends "who happened to be secret 'sex buddies' "- confusing statements from friends "especially comments made by Chris and Sky Hughes"

L talking about the Hughes..."They went on to describe how in their eyes Ms. Arias was being clingy and obsessive towards Mr. Alexander and how this sort of behavior led them to feel scared to have Ms. Arias in their home."....after asking the murderer to leave their home, TA's and the murderer's relationship "went 'underground' "... and they didn't know "the extent' of the relationship anymore"

in Det. Flores interview with the Hughes when asked about TA's temper- Det. F asked might have been domestic violence ???? Hughes talked about TA "hitting things but not people"

Chris H said to Det F "that he could see Mr. Alexander pushing Ms. Arias if he really got mad"- L found comment very interesting

TA's roomates/other friends interviewed by police- stated that the murderer was "a crazy ex-girlfriend that Mr. Alexander wants nothing to do with...did not have a sexual relationship because Mr. Alexander followed the principles of his faith which would not allow him to engage in premarital sexual relations."

L talks about "objective evidence"- nude photos recovered from TA's camera- told story that murderer and TA were having sexual relationship and that people had no idea- so secret relationship and "...if Mr. Alexander told others that he wanted nothing to do with Ms. Arias he wasn't being truthful, that the relationship was part of the lie he was living. I felt this way because if one does not want anything to do with a former romantic partner one does not have a sexual relationship with them and take photographs of the encounter." (pgs 87-88)

L had suspicion viewing photos taken on TA's camera that day ("very graphic")- that their relationship "was longstanding, intense and unrestrained"

L's thoughts on relationship- "very intense and that sex played a huge role in this relationship..had to be kept a secret..due to their shared faith..was their dirty little secret....suspected that love played a part....interacted so much in non-sexual settings..ways...on some level they either loved one another or were sexually addicted to the relationship." (pg. 88)

Chapter 13

My Initial Review of Mr. Martinez

never had a case against (with) JM

had other sources of info about him- court opinions -"always nuclear war with him"- L took to mean that JM did what he wanted, "didn't care about what others thought of him, including the court"

L heard from former colleague ("who was Jewish") referred to JM as "Hitler"

goes on to talk about things/stories that JM said/did- "but suffice it to say he was not well thought of within the defense community, not because of the convictions he obtained but because of the way he operated." (pg.89)

impression L got of JM- "a no holds barred kind of guy....feels like the ends justify the means and for that reason he feels comfortable with being so caustic in the courtroom."

End of Section 2 (pg 89)
=============================================================================

Next:

Section 3
Preparing For the Guilt Phase

Chapter 14
The Text Messages

Chapter 15
The Emails and Other Online Communications
=========================================================================

Good morning all! :wave:

What an adorable little girl!!! :luv:

And I'm :laughing: at the Grandma letter! LOL!

I sure would like the "truth" on "who" killed Kennedy!!! :gaah: At least before I die!

YESorNO said:
Gas Prices Plummet, Hybrids And EVs Feeling The Pinch

"Filling up at the pump is no longer the eye-watering affair it once was. Remember $4 dollars a gallon? How could we forget, right? And yet here we are, noting that gasoline prices have just plummeted another five percent, now averaging $2.14 a gallon—70 cents lower than this time a year ago. According to experts, we’ve not yet reached the bottom.

How low prices will go remains to be seen, but GasBuddy suggests we may see a national average around $1.99 by Thanksgiving day..."

Well, not here in California!! We have just taxes that up to 80 cents of gas price... So I don't think California will EVER see anything under $2... Just the way it is! I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon...

YESorNO said:
7 Things You Should Never Touch at a Big-box Store

"...this Black Friday, you may be bringing home more than you bargained for — your favorite big-box stores are some of the germiest places out there, harboring bacteria like E. coli and MRSA, and even fecal matter. Yuck.

So what shouldn’t you be touching at Costco, Walmart, and Target? Here are seven of the worst offenders..."

Okay - the link doesn't work for me - what's the 7 things you shouldn't touch?? :waitasec: as I'm going to Target tomorrow...

YESorNO said:
A Simple Kitchen Trick Will Change The Way You Peel Potatoes

"...Start by slicing around the potato skin in a circular motion with a sharp knife. Then, throw the potatoes into some boiling water and let them cook. After your potatoes are removed, you just simply have to pinch the potato skin and it comes off almost instantly...

but, but... I like the potato skin!! :D

and again :tyou: YESorNO for the excerpts from the book! :happydance:

Later! :seeya:

Ramble on. It is interesting. do you feel your granddaughter has good values now and will do OK as an adult? How is your grandson no Way? Happy and secure, I hope.

I know that we,all of our family, have brought her up with good values, and she works hard, but she has a goal in mind, she's eighteen, in her senior year of high school, (and still have to be your mama's babysitter to her half sister that steals what their mother didn't destroy, and her half brother that is autistic with other developmental issues) and she said she'll be out of there and won't look back.

She told me once that she was glad that she got to know her mother, and that's about it. She's was to be in counseling when she first moved from Dallas to Savannah Ga , but that was with just a counselor, and he had been told that Brit was just having an adjustment. Not that she's been seeing a psychologist since she was five years old because of all the crap her mother put everyone through. Not that her mother had abused and neglected her, but that I was the problem. Brit told me that she would sit in on her visits, and she wouldn't say anything to the man, and he'd tell her I was the problem. He dropped her as a client after I spoke with him and gave him both her psychologist and psychiatrist info and numbers so he could speak with them. That was in 2008, Brit was eleven years old.

Last year she went into counseling at school,but stopped after two times because they were" judging" her family. Her mother had to shut that down as fast as she could. Too many secrets that would reveal what she was. Unfortunately, Brit and I don't talk about her mother much. She's been told you don't say a word about life with mother.

Anyway, I want to answer your post about my grandson, and will after I ( excuse my spelling, my tablet insist I misspell words) go over to my sisters and get things ready and set the table, then I sit down and catch my breath

Tonight I'm doing pork chops, roast potatoes and carrots, and a big salad. I really love cooking. All I can say is good knives

Pages, despite all she has been through, your granddaughter sounds like she is trying very hard to make something good of herself. I commend her for that. I send prayers and hopes for her to reach her goals and become even closer to you when she is able to get away from the caustic situation she has endured. Family strife reaches its tentacles too far to just have a counsellor speak with one person. I never understood why it does not include extended family members, too. Although getting then to all cooperate and be truthful would probably be nearly impossible.

Stay strong and caring, and know that one day your granddaughter will be an adult who will return to you often. It so obvious, your values have stayed with her.

This notice is from The State VS Jodi Arias about Steven Alexander:

"ALERT - Guys, please don't donate money to anyone collecting for Steven Alexander. The only legit acct is the PayPal we've previously used: justice4travisalexander@gmail.com.

CONFIRMED: Steven does not need donations, he has health insurance. Anyone collecting for him is not legit. Please don't fall for this scam. Tanisha said all they need is prayers and love.

UPDATE: If you wish to send get well cards, here's the address:

Tanisha Sorenson
ALS
700 E. Redlands Blvd. STE U 304
Redlands, CA. 92373 "

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/

Prayers for Steven :praying:

I sure would like the "truth" on "who" killed Kennedy!!! :gaah: At least before I die!

Okay - the link doesn't work for me - what's the 7 things you shouldn't touch?? :waitasec: as I'm going to Target tomorrow...

(SNIPPED)

Lee Harvey Oswald did it alone, IMO.

Here's the 7 things: :scared:

"Self-Checkout Computer Screens

Coffee Cup Lids- get contaminated by the person who puts the lid on for you.

Food Sample Stations- here’s no way to know who touched the samples before you — or how clean the hands and utensils of the person preparing the food are.

The Shopping Cart Handle

Refrigerator/Freezer Handles

The Conveyor Belt- Avoid touching and putting any unwrapped food directly on them

The Cash-register Receipt - A 2014 study found that cash register receipts also contain high levels of bisphenol A (BPA). Blood spikes of BPA were particularly evident in those people who used hand sanitizer or lotion immediately before handling the receipt. "

https://www.yahoo.com/health/big-box-walmart-costco-target-224210135/photo-null.html

I was so heartbroken today watching the hearing on the killer of a precious 7 year old girl. There's a special place the creepy murderer will eventually end but meanwhile may he rot in prison, and I do believe the inmates will give him a hard time.

Rest in peace, Gabbie. Blessings to your family and close friends.

I also send blessings to everyone on the SB that is ill, struggling with personal things and all the unpleasant things sometimes life bestows on us.

Yes, the place for him is HELL, but first I would wish for him to feel the fear (only worse) poor little Gabbie had to endure. Here is a link with this evil, evil . Not guilty my butt, they found blood on him, and his DNA matched with DNA found on her. I am going to see if there is a thread on here. :(

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30572992/transcript-murder-suspect-timothy-madden-speaks-to-wdrb-news

Trapped with Ms. Arias:

Chapter 11

My Initial Review of the Evidence as it Related to Mr. Alexander

L talks about learning about the victim so the jury can figure out the sentence for client

"Many might say that this amounts to 'dragging the victim through the mud' "

L talks about the talking head's on TV "verbal tirade about defense attys or our criminal justice system"

"Thus, as it related to Ms. Arias' case her jury needed to consider the dynamics of the relationship she shared with Mr. Alexander before a lawful sentence could be rendered....if I had not presented such evidence Ms. Arias would likely be getting a new trial.

Having offered all this information to you, those waiting for me to apologize for doing my job had better not hold their breathe because they will be waiting a long time,in fact, such an apology will never come. Furthermore, I will make no apologiers about repeating the reality of the evidence that had to be collected and/or presented throughout this book. 'Facts are stubborn things' "
(pg. 82-83)

L says -in beginning of case it's hard to get accurate picture of who Travis was- "inaccurate or contradictory [info] to other evidence"

Talks about Travis' job and how it was described by people- insurance salesman, motivational speaker, Executive Director for Pre-Paid Legal- pyramid

"He worked for a multi-level marketing company whose product was legal insurance"

Travis had a "rough childhood"- parents were drug addicts- no food to eat; he was described as a "flirt, a player and also a 30 year old virgin...very generous, very charismatic and very kind

"It was obvious that there was another side to Mr. Alexander, a side that many of his friends and family did not know."

Travis on spiritual level: "devout Mormon...living by the dictates of the church to such a degree that he wouldn't even drink caffeine"

people said that he was well-off financially- had big house, BMW

L said TA's financial situation didn't show that he was well-off

"Likewise, the nude pictures of Mr. Alexander he took on the day of his death demonstrated the clear reality that he was not a 30 year old virgin...despite the fact that most of his peers thought he was living a caste life, he was not.....his lifestyle was far from chaste.... I saw him as a person who was loved by many but who, at the same time, was not who people thought he was." (pg. 83)- he was hiding things- "living a lie"- thus could not be himself- "would danger the image others had of him"

L's initial assessment of TA- "I found it to be very sad."

Chapter 12

My Initial review of the Evidence as it Related to the Relationship

L talks about relationships between killer and victims- the murderer's and TA's - "atypical" and often considered second degree murder or manslaughter..rare for these crimes between romantic partners/lovers to be charges as capital offense

"the state wanted to kill my client because she killed her lover"- he knew that their relationship would be important role in "quest to kill my client"

L said that every person who spoke to police re relationship said something different

the murderer described relationship (in 48 Hrs program) that it was sexual- boyfriend/girlfriend, but labeled it as a "friendship"

L stated it was hard to tell if they were in love or friends "who happened to be secret 'sex buddies' "- confusing statements from friends "especially comments made by Chris and Sky Hughes"

L talking about the Hughes..."They went on to describe how in their eyes Ms. Arias was being clingy and obsessive towards Mr. Alexander and how this sort of behavior led them to feel scared to have Ms. Arias in their home."....after asking the murderer to leave their home, TA's and the murderer's relationship "went 'underground' "... and they didn't know "the extent' of the relationship anymore"

in Det. Flores interview with the Hughes when asked about TA's temper- Det. F asked might have been domestic violence ???? Hughes talked about TA "hitting things but not people"

Chris H said to Det F "that he could see Mr. Alexander pushing Ms. Arias if he really got mad"- L found comment very interesting

TA's roomates/other friends interviewed by police- stated that the murderer was "a crazy ex-girlfriend that Mr. Alexander wants nothing to do with...did not have a sexual relationship because Mr. Alexander followed the principles of his faith which would not allow him to engage in premarital sexual relations."

L talks about "objective evidence"- nude photos recovered from TA's camera- told story that murderer and TA were having sexual relationship and that people had no idea- so secret relationship and "...if Mr. Alexander told others that he wanted nothing to do with Ms. Arias he wasn't being truthful, that the relationship was part of the lie he was living. I felt this way because if one does not want anything to do with a former romantic partner one does not have a sexual relationship with them and take photographs of the encounter." (pgs 87-88)

L had suspicion viewing photos taken on TA's camera that day ("very graphic")- that their relationship "was longstanding, intense and unrestrained"

L's thoughts on relationship- "very intense and that sex played a huge role in this relationship..had to be kept a secret..due to their shared faith..was their dirty little secret....suspected that love played a part....interacted so much in non-sexual settings..ways...on some level they either loved one another or were sexually addicted to the relationship." (pg. 88)

Chapter 13

My Initial Review of Mr. Martinez

never had a case against (with) JM

had other sources of info about him- court opinions -"always nuclear war with him"- L took to mean that JM did what he wanted, "didn't care about what others thought of him, including the court"

L heard from former colleague ("who was Jewish") referred to JM as "Hitler"

goes on to talk about things/stories that JM said/did- "but suffice it to say he was not well thought of within the defense community, not because of the convictions he obtained but because of the way he operated." (pg.89)

impression L got of JM- "a no holds barred kind of guy....feels like the ends justify the means and for that reason he feels comfortable with being so caustic in the courtroom."

End of Section 2 (pg 89)
=============================================================================

Next:

Section 3
Preparing For the Guilt Phase

Chapter 14
The Text Messages

Chapter 15
The Emails and Other Online Communications
=========================================================================

Assuming the sections in quotation marks are copied and pasted, I am again really surprised at how poorly edited this book is.

This paragraph, in particular, stands out to me:

"Having offered all this information to you, those waiting for me to apologize for doing my job had better not hold their breathe (breath?) because they will be waiting a long time,in fact, such an apology will never come. Furthermore, I will make no apologiers (apologies?) about repeating the reality of the evidence that had to be collected and/or presented throughout this book. 'Facts are stubborn things' "[/I] (pg. 82-83)"

I wish WS had a highlighter pen to show all the other errors. Missing or added spaces, etc. A real publisher and a real editor would have caught 99% of this stuff...

Hey all! :wave:

ILikeToBendPages said:
Tonight I'm doing pork chops, roast potatoes and carrots, and a big salad. I really love cooking. All I can say is good knives.

Oh good - I'll send you a plane ticket so you can come out here and cook for us! LOL!

Sending more :praying: to Steven!!

Oh another cutie!!! :luv: beautiful picture with Santa Wagara!

YESorNO said:
Lee Harvey Oswald did it alone, IMO.

Here's the 7 things:

"Self-Checkout Computer Screens

Coffee Cup Lids- get contaminated by the person who puts the lid on for you.

Food Sample Stations- here’s no way to know who touched the samples before you — or how clean the hands and utensils of the person preparing the food are.

The Shopping Cart Handle

Refrigerator/Freezer Handles

The Conveyor Belt- Avoid touching and putting any unwrapped food directly on them

The Cash-register Receipt - A 2014 study found that cash register receipts also contain high levels of bisphenol A (BPA). Blood spikes of BPA were particularly evident in those people who used hand sanitizer or lotion immediately before handling the receipt. "

First - no I don't agree that Oswald was the "lone" gunman... Sorry! :) :innocent:

Okay - I use those Self-Checkout screens...
Regarding the shopping cart handle - I use the electric carts because the store is so BIG I would NOT get thru it without my hip hurting...
Cash register receipt - well the self checkout spits that out so I don't have to worry!
BUT! Since I brought home a bunch of gloves home from the care center - I'll wear a pair! :lol: And Thanks for posting the 7 things!

I hate when I read errors in my local paper! LOL! I'm persnickedy {sp} about that!

It's been raining all morning :badmood: and now it looks like the sun :sunsine: wants to come out for a bit! More rain or sprinkles again tomorrow!

Okay - going to finish up my lastest Michael Connelly book! :book:

Hope everyone has a nice everyine!
:seeya:

Assuming the sections in quotation marks are copied and pasted, I am again really surprised at how poorly edited this book is.

This paragraph, in particular, stands out to me:

"Having offered all this information to you, those waiting for me to apologize for doing my job had better not hold their breathe (breath?) because they will be waiting a long time,in fact, such an apology will never come. Furthermore, I will make no apologiers (apologies?) about repeating the reality of the evidence that had to be collected and/or presented throughout this book. 'Facts are stubborn things' "[/I] (pg. 82-83)"

I wish WS had a highlighter pen to show all the other errors. Missing or added spaces, etc. A real publisher and a real editor would have caught 99% of this stuff...

Sorry, but I have made those mistakes in spelling/spacing when I wrote them to my Word Pad and it was not Lawrence who spelled them incorrectly in his book.

The sections quoted are not copied and pasted as what I am copying from is an actual book and not a website on the internet. Since I type with 2 fingers :facepalm: and I'm not a secretary or transcriber, I'm pretty bad at typing (and slow, too). And since I have gotten older, I tend to reverse the order of/add letters; my mind and fingers do not compute anymore. It's very frustrating to me. :( I do try to copy the exact words when I quote Lawrence's words, but I don't always succeed. I'm sorry as I try to be exact, but I'm just losing my brains as I age. I do go over what I have written also, but I don't always catch my mistakes. :scared:

And since the book does not easily stay open, I have to read the sentences, put the book down, and then type the words into the computer and there lies one of the difficulties for me as I'm not looking at the words as I type. So- many problems for me. (What my son could type in 5 minutes, will takes me 30 minutes. :sheesh: )

These notes were just originally for me, but I thought it would be nice for the SBers who were not buying the book, to have a small look-see into Lawrence's mind as I find it very interesting myself.

And for myself- yes- there are some errors in punctuation in the book that I have noticed, but I'm not reading the book to see what Lawrence's editor has done wrong. I'm interested in what Lawrence has to say, so I overlook the errors. :moo:

Sorry again. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member