SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Zuri :wave: oh, you've left already...

Zuri said:
If anyone is interested, I can make a list of points from "Our Friend Travis" that are salient if anyone is interested. There were some things I did not know before reading it.

Not YoNo's depth or quotes, just points. I am no YoNo

Yes, Please!! I'd like to hear what they have to say!

Oh - I forgot to tell you all - I have a "LinkedIn" account and the other day a friend of mine got a promotion - you get a notice from "LinkedIn" about any kind of changes that are happening with your "friends" on there - anyway - I went in to Congratuate her on her promotion, and noticed there is a tab that says "See who viewed your profile in the last 90 days", so I go in there - and low and behold - my daughter has checked my profile...
flabbergasted-smiley.gif
fainting-smiley.gif
Don't know "what" that actually means...
dont-no-smiley.gif
but hoping for something good in the near future!
dancing-smiley.gif
I know I shouldn't get my "hopes" up too high, but ya never know! Right?!!
dreamy-eyes-smiley.gif

Had a nice Skype
chat-smiley.gif
with my sisters and brother!

Next weekend I'm going to get my Christmas tree
cutting-tree-smiley.gif
When do you all get started? Just curious! :D

I guess most of you on the east coast have already
eating1-smiley.gif
- AND!! The Huz said he feels good enough to do the turkey, mashed potatoes and the gravy!!! YEA!!!!

Thought we were getting a new thread... :waitasec: I hope so soon, as this thread takes FOREVER to load! :)

Okay - logging off for the day :pcguru: See you all tomorrow!!

Prayers and JINGLES to whom ever needs them!!
flower-smiley.gif

194 - "Casablanca" Nov. 26th, 1942 : "Casablanca," set in the Vichy-controlled Moroccan city of Casablanca during World War II, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, has its world premiere at the Hollywood Theater in New York. The movie goes on general release in January the following year. The film was nominated for eight Oscars and wins 3 Oscars including Best Picture.

[video=youtu;PD9HDwMcfRE]http://youtu.be/PD9HDwMcfRE[/video]

I've been thinking of our princess these past few weeks. It's been two years now. I love and miss you PrincessSezMe

[video=youtu;4Ga9Bs4fzSY]http://youtu.be/4Ga9Bs4fzSY[/video]

1865 - Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland published.

[video=youtu;KLIqErnQCuw]http://youtu.be/KLIqErnQCuw[/video]

I really appreciate that YoNo is reading his book and posting with an open mind. I unfortunately do not have an open mind when it comes to Nurmi and how he conducted the defense of Heinous. I truly believe that a lawyer is capable of defending his client effectively without crucifying the victim, or murdering him 12 times over.

Granted, he did not like his client and wanted off the case. I downloaded "Our Friend Travis" by Chris and Skye Hughes and read it yesterday. They address their 2010 communication with Nurmi surrounding the fake pedophile letter that Nurmi said was 100% authentic. I had either forgotten or never knew that Nurmi contacted them multiple times after he forwarded the fake pedo letter, in hopes that they would affirm some part of that letter.

Skye and Chris realized that Travis did not write that letter and They also contacted Detective Flores and asked him if child *advertiser censored* had ever been found on Travis' computer. Flores was stunned and said no, and asked them what/why were they referring to and the Hughes told him. Flores called Juan immediately and Juan called the Hughes within minutes and asked them about "what letter" as he was unaware of its' existence. So Flores and Juan were just as shocked as the Hughes about the 100% authenticated FAKE pedo letter.

Yet Nurmi ran with it. IMO, it is possible to defend a client without sinking into the gutter and to their client's level. Nurmi did have a choice. It was interesting to me that the Hughes were never on any witness list and were only listed as a witness for the defense when Skye appeared in Court one day and Heinous threw a fit. Skye was immediately served with a subpoena, requiring her to leave the courtroom.

So far, I have read nothing redeeming that Nurmi has put forth in his book from what YoNo has posted. I am also not holding my breath. IMO

I agree, Zuri.

Although I'm interested in what he has to say, so far I have heard nothing that makes him seem a very sympathetic character.

From the beginning, there was more than enough physical and circumstantial evidence to guarantee a 1st degree murder conviction against JA. None of that fake pedo stuff was ever going to warrant any kind of mitigation. Any sane person could see that. So why needlessly sully the character of the deceased?

With their apples and oranges approach, Nurmi and Willmott willfully set about to the muddy waters, in the hope that some jurors would think that Travis was a bad person, and that he had it coming. That tactic is not only malevolent, it also defies logic. But, it seems that there is some (limited) history of it working, so they went for it. (Considering their client, they had very little else to work with.)

While I know it's the job of a defense attorney to do "whatever it takes" to get their client off, I'd have a hard time living with myself if I had stooped as low as Nurmi and Willmott did just because it's "my job." They could have done their job perfectly well without all the mudslinging and character assassinations (not just Travis, but Deanna, Dr. DeMarte, the Bishop, et al).

I'm also getting the sense that Nurmi's sense of ethics is fungible. When it suits him, he's all about playing by the rules, but when it doesn't, he talks down to us (trial watchers/book readers) and is quick to proclaim that he is above the fray; insinuating that we're too ignorant to know any better.

Hey Zuri :wave: oh, you've left already...

Yes, Please!! I'd like to hear what they have to say!

Oh - I forgot to tell you all - I have a "LinkedIn" account and the other day a friend of mine got a promotion - you get a notice from "LinkedIn" about any kind of changes that are happening with your "friends" on there - anyway - I went in to Congratuate her on her promotion, and noticed there is a tab that says "See who viewed your profile in the last 90 days", so I go in there - and low and behold - my daughter has checked my profile...
flabbergasted-smiley.gif
fainting-smiley.gif
Don't know "what" that actually means...
dont-no-smiley.gif
but hoping for something good in the near future!
dancing-smiley.gif
I know I shouldn't get my "hopes" up too high, but ya never know! Right?!!
dreamy-eyes-smiley.gif

Had a nice Skype
chat-smiley.gif
with my sisters and brother!

Next weekend I'm going to get my Christmas tree
cutting-tree-smiley.gif
When do you all get started? Just curious! :D

I guess most of you on the east coast have already
eating1-smiley.gif
- AND!! The Huz said he feels good enough to do the turkey, mashed potatoes and the gravy!!! YEA!!!!

Thought we were getting a new thread... :waitasec: I hope so soon, as this thread takes FOREVER to load! :)

Okay - logging off for the day :pcguru: See you all tomorrow!!

Prayers and JINGLES to whom ever needs them!!
flower-smiley.gif

Yes, I think most of us here on the east coast are stuffed and ready to fall into a food-induced coma. Hope you and your huz enjoy your meal, and glad that he feels well enough to help (yay!).

*Note to self (and all other women who have prepared this meal annually for eons): IF, in the future, you are so fortunate as to be invited to someone else's home for Thanksgiving, you should take them up on it!!! Sure, bring a pie and a bottle of wine, or whatever, but you won't believe how truly thankful you'll be to eat a holiday meal that you didn't have to plan and prepare yourself. You've earned it, you deserve it, you should allow yourself to enjoy the simple pleasure of having someone else do all that work. Just once.

I had a really lovely meal; I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so nice to be able to relax and mingle with people and not be stressed out. A sincere "thank you" note is going out to my very gracious hostess first thing tomorrow morning. :)

If anyone is interested, I can make a list of points from "Our Friend Travis" that are salient if anyone is interested. There were some things I did not know before reading it.

Not YoNo's depth or quotes, just points. I am no YoNo :)

I would be interested as I have not read their book.

Niner, I am so glad for you that your daughter checked your profile. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but at least she can find out all her birth mom has done and accomplished. You are as lovely as the day is long with an incredible spirit. I know I feel blessed, as many others that post here feel, to experience your wit and joi de vivre that you bring.

[video=youtu;e2zyjbH9zzA]http://youtu.be/e2zyjbH9zzA[/video]

[video=youtu;-yL7VP4-kP4]http://youtu.be/-yL7VP4-kP4[/video]

It's been pouring rain for several hours now. Not ready to build a boat just yet. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Another one hit wonder

[video=youtu;bIh2e5vxfYc]http://youtu.be/bIh2e5vxfYc[/video]

I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving today! Mine was nice, minus the abysmal football game I had to endure....life as an eagles fan is sometimes painful, especially for a football fanatic like myself.

We had a nice time at my Parents with aunts, uncles and cousins. It was really nice seeing my younger cousins playing with my young kids so well. Those are the moments that make all other stressors seem to disappear, even if only for a short while.

This year has been a rough one for my family. We were sadly missing an important loved one at our thanksgiving table this year after his tragic death last spring. Shot to death nine times at a young age by a drunk firefighter who claimed self defense when there were no witnesses and my cousin was unarmed, no drugs in his system, etc, and it took the DA a week to decide no charges would be pressed. It's certainly been a roller coaster. I know the holidays can really bring the feelings of grief to the surface and I really felt that today. I pray for comfort for everyone else missing loved ones this holiday season.

My aunt brought a book for my young kids that I found so beautiful. There's an elephant on the cover and I know that we have discussed the connection with Travis and elephants in this thread so I just wanted to post a picture of the book. The book, "You're Here for a Reason," by Nancy Tillman, is written for children but I felt like it applies to everyone. On page 4, it simply reads "Even the smallest things that you do, blossom and multiply far beyond you." I really liked it, there's so many good quotes and messages in this short book, I recommend for kids. I also found it very poignant that an Elephant is on the cover. Made me think of Travis. Here's a picture of the cover, and yes I'm already rocking my snowman pajamas!

image.jpg

Mollyandme, I am saddened at the loss of your loved one, but heartened to know he was thought of during the Thanksgiving Day. May your memories bring only smiles to your heart one day.

I already put a warm snowflake blanket on my bed.

I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving today! Mine was nice, minus the abysmal football game I had to endure....life as an eagles fan is sometimes painful, especially for a football fanatic like myself.

We had a nice time at my Parents with aunts, uncles and cousins. It was really nice seeing my younger cousins playing with my young kids so well. Those are the moments that make all other stressors seem to disappear, even if only for a short while.

This year has been a rough one for my family. We were sadly missing an important loved one at our thanksgiving table this year after his tragic death last spring. Shot to death nine times at a young age by a drunk firefighter who claimed self defense when there were no witnesses and my cousin was unarmed, no drugs in his system, etc, and it took the DA a week to decide no charges would be pressed. It's certainly been a roller coaster. I know the holidays can really bring the feelings of grief to the surface and I really felt that today. I pray for comfort for everyone else missing loved ones this holiday season.

My aunt brought a book for my young kids that I found so beautiful. There's an elephant on the cover and I know that we have discussed the connection with Travis and elephants in this thread so I just wanted to post a picture of the book. The book, "You're Here for a Reason," by Nancy Tillman, is written for children but I felt like it applies to everyone. On page 4, it simply reads "Even the smallest things that you do, blossom and multiply far beyond you." I really liked it, there's so many good quotes and messages in this short book, I recommend for kids. I also found it very poignant that an Elephant is on the cover. Made me think of Travis. Here's a picture of the cover, and yes I'm already rocking my snowman pajamas!

How sad and so sorry for you loss. It was lovely he was thought of at Thanksgiving. May you find some sort of peace this Holiday Season. God Bless :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419