SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Quiz

How Much Of A Miserable *advertiser censored* Are You Actually?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/beckybarnic...ertiser censored*-are-you-actually#.ghp0b7zWl

You got: You’re ludicrously happy, tolerant, and content
You welcome the world with open arms and a happy heart. You’re so chilled you’d put a zen master to shame. Just be aware that other more miserable members of the human race might find you annoying. But maybe you just don’t care?

A documentary for Saturday viewing:

Into the Abyss (2011) (Documentary) (full Ytube)

"Filmmaker Werner Herzog explores capital punishment through interviews with convicted killers, their victims' families, and members of the Texas criminal justice system."

[video=youtube;aOOoDLbrrgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOOoDLbrrgo[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning! We have worked out a sort of schedule for sitting with Ryan. Paul will do weekends and go after work. We will do Mon/Wed/Fri and other family members will fill in the rest of the times. I'm getting so worn out! Being grateful that we get a small break. Will be back later read and catch up. Peace out :)

We did find out that the other facility is like an advanced nursing home/rehab center. That may be a good thing?

CJ, so glad you checked in. I have been thinking about you so much since your talk with the doctors. The rehab facility sounds like a good move IMO as there is probably less noise and not a hospital "environment" hopefully. They have skilled care and more than likely, treat a lot of patients like Ryan. I am so hopeful for the best outcome. Xoxo

New Quiz

http://www.buzzfeed.com/beckybarnic...ertiser censored*-are-you-actually#.ghp0b7zWl

You got: You’re ludicrously happy, tolerant, and content
You welcome the world with open arms and a happy heart. You’re so chilled you’d put a zen master to shame. Just be aware that other more miserable members of the human race might find you annoying. But maybe you just don’t care?

Me too! The only thing I checked was people chewing with their mouth open. If they had included smacking their gum, I would have checked that lol.

<respectfully snipped> &#8220;I didn't have nothing to do with her family being killed. Period,&#8221; Hudson&#8217;s former brother-in-law William Balfour told ABC 7 in his first interview since the ghastly 2008 murders. &#8220;I didn't have nothing to do with the case-

Double negative! " I didn't have nothing to do with..." = I had something to do with lol

New Quiz

You got: You&#8217;re ludicrously happy, tolerant, and content
You welcome the world with open arms and a happy heart. You&#8217;re so chilled you&#8217;d put a zen master to shame. Just be aware that other more miserable members of the human race might find you annoying. But maybe you just don&#8217;t care?

:floorlaugh: ok, I did one... my results... The same!

You welcome the world with open arms and a happy heart. You&#8217;re so chilled you&#8217;d put a zen master to shame. Just be aware that other more miserable members of the human race might find you annoying. But maybe you just don&#8217;t care?

ETA: The three that I said/checked that *annoy* me were....
1) People eating with their mouth open annoys me :blush: yeah, it annoys me and I have to turn my head. Thankfully, not many people I know do that... actually, I cannot think of a person that I know that does that but it is ewwwwwwwwwww! Didn't your mama teach ya son not to do that! (or gal!)
2) People walking slowly in front of me annoys me :blush: yeah, it does, I pass them. It's not AGAINST them, just I'm annoyed I am not walking at the rhythm I want (and it's not all the time... as :giggle: I live in the slow south!) If they are elderly, or infirmed etc.. no annoyance. But if I'm *on a mission* and someone in front of me is window shopping, I pass them... low annoyance.. but I do take action.
3) People shouting into their cell phone :blush: yeah, I REALLY don't like ANYONE at ANYTIME yelling. I avoid it like the plague. I'm following a case here on WS and they talk about someone who always yelled, and I *CRINGE* at the thought being in a marital relationship like that (not victim blaming/bashing here!!! just sayin' I would NEVER tolerate a spouse who yelled all the time... ) :giggle: did you catch the shouting in the all caps that I just did hehehe

ETA: Zuri, mine didn't have the question about chewing gum with mouth open! Mine was food.

1) People eating with their mouth open annoys me :blush: yeah, it annoys me and I have to turn my head. Thankfully, not many people I know do that... actually, I cannot think of a person that I know that does that but it is ewwwwwwwwwww! Didn't your mama teach ya son not to do that! (or gal!)
2) People walking slowly in front of me annoys me :blush: yeah, it does, I pass them. It's not AGAINST them, just I'm annoyed I am not walking at the rhythm I want (and it's not all the time... as :giggle: I live in the slow south!) If they are elderly, or infirmed etc.. no annoyance. But if I'm *on a mission* and someone in front of me is window shopping, I pass them... low annoyance.. but I do take action.
3) People shouting into their cell phone :blush: yeah, I REALLY don't like ANYONE at ANYTIME yelling. I avoid it like the plague. I'm following a case here on WS and they talk about someone who always yelled, and I *CRINGE* at the thought being in a marital relationship like that (not victim blaming/bashing here!!! just sayin' I would NEVER tolerate a spouse who yelled all the time... ) :giggle: did you catch the shouting in the all caps that I just did hehehe

ETA: Zuri, mine didn't have the question about chewing gum with mouth open! Mine was food.

I got the same results too. If we're really all so happy, tolerant and content, what are we doing on a website about crime and justice? :thinking: JK

But seriously, I probably would have checked more things if I actually knew what they were referring to. Or if they listed some of my pet peeves.

I used to work next to a woman who was a member of the "clean plate" club. (I know some people were raised that way, but I was taught that it was poor manners to do so, and that you should leave a little bit behind so the host/hostess knows your serving was sufficient.)

Every morning, this woman would eat a container of yogurt, and as she got to the bottom, she'd scrapety, scrapety with her spoon to get every last little bit. Then she'd lick the container. Over time it got so that I'd have to walk away when I saw the yogurt come out...

Anyway, I thought I'd beat Niner to the punch on this:

Today is Love Your Pet Day

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/love-your-pet-day_us_56c79554e4b0ec6725e2aaaa

Very cute gifs and pics, sure to make you smile. :)

Morning all! :wave:

Zuri said:
Niner, I am so glad your husband can breathe better. They typically only remove a certain amount of pleural fluid? so that there is not a huge fluid shift and lungs don't collapse IIRC. It has been awhile. What did the doctors think was the cause of the pleural effusion?

I hope he can get back there to have more fluid removed without too much hassle on the referral end. I don't get why he would even need another one since the initial one. SMH. Hope his chest X-ray looks better too!

re bold - yes that's it! That's what the nurse said! His cancer doctor said it was caused by his prostate cancer - it happens sometimes with that. He needs another one, as there is more fluid to get rid of. They did an x-ray after taking out the fluid, and there is still MORE there, so they said "go get another referral" and come back next week!

Glad to hear you're feeling better Nore! :hug:

YESorNO said:
I'm not too fond of those "mermaid" dresses they have out now- real tight in the rear (makes your rear end look bigger than it is, IMO )

But I think that's the trend these days - to make your :behind: bigger, you know, ala Kim K....

Let's HOPE that it is a rumor that CA is pregnant again... go Vinnie!! :cheer:

On the heartburn stuff - what's wrong with using just plain baking soda - I do!

I got the same thing as you on the quiz YESorNO - I didn't think I was a miserable *advertiser censored*! :laughcry:
Sounded like a "British" quiz - train carriage??

:tyou: for all the links to stories YESorNO!! :cheer:

Okay - off to do my errands and grocery shopping!!

Later! :seeya:

How did I get this, too?

[h=2]You got: You&#8217;re ludicrously happy, tolerant, and content[/h]
If I am so darned happy and tolerant, why does so much annoy me? Must be some sort of WS conspiracy here, indeed.

We had our lovely drive and walked along the river, stopped at Defiance, Onio. We had lunch at a small diner that has been there since the 1930's. Great food .... and today the original owner was doing the cooking! He was a little slow, doing one order at a time, but did great. Now I could use a nap.

New Quiz

You got: You&#8217;re ludicrously happy, tolerant, and content.

We broke a high record yesterday...75!! We took Squeakers on a long walk yesterday and he really enjoyed the outdoors. Then we woke up to thunder storms and heavy rains. As much as I hate doing this; I need too make a grocery store run today, ugh!

Good Morning SB Friends!

I will be glad to up date on Ryan's condition as needed. He is stable and if he continues being stable they will move him to the other facility in a few days. The staff there knows how to deal with this and all. Yes, he is still in a coma.

I want you all to understand that this site (SB) is my safety value and I like reading the post and being as normal as I possibly can here. I can post, I can laugh. Inside my heart is breaking. But, I need this site right now and I need the normal this site provides me. What I am asking is; I do not want to talk about Ryan on here. I do understand that you all care and love me and for that I am so blessed. But, please no questions about him or comments on his condition. I hope you understand where I am coming from, it's the way I am coping and you are helping me cope!! I am not meaning to offend anyone here. Thanks so much!

:love: :grouphug:

Squeakers is sending y'all hugs and loves
attachment.php

Squeakers looks blue ... a very pretty blue at that! I know it is probably the lighting, but I think he is brightening your (and my) day with his glow. Adorable!!

Good morning all! :wave:

Today in February:
21 Card Reading Day

??? - I don't know "what" this means... :thinking:

Since we were talking people being late - here's one of me waiting for my sister - she is ALWAYS late! :lol:

Waiting.jpg

Coffee: A magical substance that turns "Leave me alone or die." into "Good morning Honey."

Oh - read in my lastest Natl Enquirer - that Casey Anthony is going to be taking pictures of children! :scared: Also it said:
The 29-year old has launched a business called "Case Photography"... But she'll be breaking the law because she's failed to file the necessary paperwork and pay the fees for a home-based business! "She needs to get the Home Occupation Affidavit and business license," said city planning official...

We forgot to mention that Zsa Zsa Gabor turned 99 on February 6th...

ZsaZsa.png

Not much going on here on this thread - only 4 posts since last night... off to read the book thread!

Later! :seeya:

I had added if they had the statement of smacking gum, I would have checked it. It was not on there. Also, if they had the following statements to check, I would have checked them too.
Slow drivers in the left lane.
People who stop suddenly in the middle of an aisle so you have to go around them.
People who walk up stairs on the left side instead of the right side. Didn't they learn that in elementary school?
Drivers that don't use a turn signal.
Shoppers that aren't aware that you are in the same aisle looking and hog the entire space.
Shoppers that don't have their credit card or money ready at checkout.
Customers at Dunkin Donuts that have not persued the available donuts and take forever to make up their minds which ones they want.
People who don't push their chairs in after they leave a table.
Ladies who don't clean up after themselves in the ladies room.

If they had all those statements, I think I would be in a whole new bwitchy category!

I have to "clean" up the downstairs so the backsplash can be installed tomorrow. I have all these Tupperware lids and no containers and vice versa. I am ready to just throw them all out and start over.

My DH installed new cabinets in the laundry room so "I" can keep it all organized. He informed me that I had 9 cans of partially used Pledge. No surprise there, only that now I have to use them up. Which means I have to dust. Which means cleaning.

I swear my dogs shed non stop just to aggravate me. The tumbleweeds of dog hair in every room are mind boggling. Why can't they just go outside and shed?

Zuri has some hot spots and is itching/gnawing like crazy. Do you all know of anything that helps? She gets them when she goes out in the snow and comes back in somewhat wet. I dry her off, but they still develop. Chayton has no skin issues like she does. I just feel badly for her. TIA.

Zuri ~ I use coconut oil for my pets and it sure helps! Just rub a bit on your hands and rub through into their hair.

Spell ~ Squeaks is called a blue coat Yorkie. It's not the lighting or your mind playing tricks :giggle:

You may have seen Yorkies in a variety of colorings. The American Kennel Club only recognizes four standard colorings -- black and tan, black and gold, blue and tan, and blue and gold. Parti-color is the one AKC accepted alternative coloring.

Blue Coloring
The dominant color combination for a Yorkshire terrier is blue and tan or blue and gold. Black is a recessive color in Yorkshires. Puppies born black and tan or black and gold will change to blue and tan or blue and gold unless their parents had the recessive black gene. The black coat can begin to change or break blue as early as 8 weeks. The result is a dark steel blue. The tan or gold markings deepen with age.
http://pets.thenest.com/colors-yorkie-terriers-coats-5711.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member