SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Seinfeld moment (sidebar !) to share...

I went to get a dermatology *whole body* evaluation. While there I asked her to remove a skin tag under my left armpit. She said insurance would not cover it.

I came home, researched it on the internet and as a result.. took my largest nail clippers and clipped it off myself! I wish I had done that years ago!

Lol these are things when you research on the internet, you can find out...

Morning! :wave:

Snow moon or Full Snow moon is a traditional name for the full moon that occurs in February in North America. Usually this month is a time for snow and cold air temperatures, and this is the reason for the name snow moon. Storm moon, hunger moon, Little Famine moon, and Full Bony moon are other traditional names for this particular full moon.

SnowMoon.jpg

Today in February:
22 George Washington's Birthday
22 Be Humble Day
22 Walking the Dog Day

Dog.jpg

22 International World Thinking Day

Thinking.png

Starting reading my Juan book! So far I have tagged 3 items and am on Chapter 6!
:book:

Okay - Huz got a call from UCD Med center - having more fluids drained today at 1pm!! :happydance: I bet he'll be able to breathe a whole LOT better after this one! :skip:

So, I guess I'll have to postpone my errands today... tomorrow is another day!

Later! :seeya:

I went to get a dermatology *whole body* evaluation. While there I asked her to remove a skin tag under my left armpit. She said insurance would not cover it.

I came home, researched it on the internet and as a result.. took my largest nail clippers and clipped it off myself! I wish I had done that years ago!

That's weird - I just found a "skin tag" on my upper back...

Nail clippers, eh? :thinking: did it hurt? :scared:

You are way braver than I am lol. I am now looking for them to see if mine are clip able. You are so smart to have a mole check, especially in the South. I have so much sun damage to my arms and legs from the baby oil/iodine days.

You are way braver than I am lol. I am now looking for them to see if mine are clip able. You are so smart to have a mole check, especially in the South. I have so much sun damage to my arms and legs from the baby oil/iodine days.

Aww yes good old baby oil.....My appointment is in march---already had one removed (basal) on face and have a few others....loved basking in Sun :( but sadly no more :(

That's weird - I just found a "skin tag" on my upper back...

Nail clippers, eh? :thinking: did it hurt? :scared:

Yes, ATL. Do tell .". did it hurt, and did it bleed much?" I have been spritz in my skin tags with lemon juice. It seems to get rid of them over a few weeks if they are small, but does take several weeks if they are larger. about it works and is painless ---- unless you do it more than once or twice a day. Then it might get a bit of a burn feel which goes away quickly if you stop for a day or two.

It hurt a little bit at the exact moment.. *ouch* then no big deal. I put a teeny tiny bandaid on it overnight and there was just a smidgen of blood. All is good and now it doesn't bother me!

Since everybody knows that skin tags are not a medical problem, (old age problem lol) more of a concern visually and comfort issue.

I didn't have an issue doing it myself. And yes I did say ouch when I did it but it was no big deal... Matter fact I had to do it twice because the first time I did not do it close enough to the skin.

Signed ...Seinfeld moment lol

Derby was getting older and was arthritic by 2012 and DD#1 thought that Zuri needed a puppy lol. So we went back to the same breeder and spoke at length with her about Zuri's personality and traits to find a puppy that would be a perfect addition. The breeder suggested Chayton for us as he is very easy going.

He is much easier to handle than Zuri, very mellow and passive. Zuri is high drive, very alpha and Chayton is the opposite lol. He herds her all the time and they play tag out back and just get along like two peas in a pod. Chayton is huge and imposing looking, not exactly to breed standard lol.

I describe him as the decoy as Zuri will be the one to rip someone's head off if they threaten any one of us. I like having that sense of security of two big dogs that are perceived as threats in a way. Love, love, love my GSDs!

I would love to learn more about y'alls dogs so please share!

Which one of your GSD's is the more "blond" one? So beautiful!

When I took Red to the Vet at 6weeks our Vet said Red was a show dog. The Vet raised Cockers .
I told him I didn't care, he was to be our Pet. Dr. said he was the most beautiful Cocker Spaniel
he had ever seen. DeeDee (Mom) was mated. His Dad was a show dog and a first place winner!
Red lived 15years.I was heart broken when he died. must get his picture on here. We traveled
at that time always took Red and DeeDee with us. Joe would save some Prime ~ that was their
treat for being like Angels!!

Juan Martinez Update ‏@JMartinezUpdate 47m47 minutes ago
SO EXITED! #JuanMartinez is fielding ??'s on Reddit! Thx JMPSP on FB! https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/473473/i_am_juan_martinez_the_prosecutor_who_put_jodi/ … #Jodiarias Luv U Juan!

Cb2vhO2UcAAd2mQ.jpg

Link to reddit questions/answers: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/473473/i_am_juan_martinez_the_prosecutor_who_put_jodi/

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Juan Martinez Update ‏@JMartinezUpdate 47m47 minutes ago
SO EXITED! #JuanMartinez is fielding ??'s on Reddit! Thx JMPSP on FB! https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/473473/i_am_juan_martinez_the_prosecutor_who_put_jodi/ … #Jodiarias Luv U Juan!

Cb2vhO2UcAAd2mQ.jpg

Link to reddit questions/answers: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/473473/i_am_juan_martinez_the_prosecutor_who_put_jodi/

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Thank you, Y/N!

Already found a question/answer of interest to me. Sheesh

Are you aware that a Jodi Arias support website has a link to an illegal pirate copy of your book for free? Will you move to have that shut down?

[–]prosecutor_jmartinez[S] 4 points 2 hours ago
Yes to both questions.

Aww yes good old baby oil.....My appointment is in march---already had one removed (basal) on face and have a few others....loved basking in Sun :( but sadly no more :(

Me too - I was a beach bunny! :D :lol: down at Zuma Beach and Malibu Beach during the 60s and 70s - Surf City here I come!! LOL!

It hurt a little bit at the exact moment.. *ouch* then no big deal. I put a teeny tiny bandaid on it overnight and there was just a smidgen of blood. All is good and now it doesn't bother me!

Since everybody knows that skin tags are not a medical problem, (old age problem lol) more of a concern visually and comfort issue.

I didn't have an issue doing it myself. And yes I did say ouch when I did it but it was no big deal... Matter fact I had to do it twice because the first time I did not do it close enough to the skin.

Signed ...Seinfeld moment lol

re bold - Geez, another thing they don't tell us when we get old... :gaah:

Well, Huz got another liter and a half drained, but still has MORE there - told him he can come back tomorrow, but he's going to wait until the end of the week, to "see" if any more fluid builds up from today until than. His right lung fluid has stayed the same as last Friday, but he would like to get that eventually drained too. He even walked out of the hospital vs. last Friday being wheeled out by a wheelchair! :skip: and feeling good too!

Okay - off to read my Juan book! :book:

See you all tomorrow! :seeya:

Niner, I cannot tell you how much it made my night to know your Huz is dong so well after these fluid drains. Before you know it, he will be back to cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring ....... uhh, on second thought, don't get your hopes up too highl He may be enjoying your efforts too much. :loveyou:

IMO, only the large ones or those not easy to reach are not self-removable. You might want to have a band-aid ready to apply when you clip as some can bleed quite a bit. I have clipped skin tags (the small to medium sized ones in easily accessible places) for years now and have never once had anything unwanted or concerning happen after doing so. I say, go for it!

Me too - I was a beach bunny! :D :lol: down at Zuma Beach and Malibu Beach during the 60s and 70s - Surf City here I come!! LOL!

re bold - Geez, another thing they don't tell us when we get old... :gaah:

Well, Huz got another liter and a half drained, but still has MORE there - told him he can come back tomorrow, but he's going to wait until the end of the week, to "see" if any more fluid builds up from today until than. His right lung fluid has stayed the same as last Friday, but he would like to get that eventually drained too. He even walked out of the hospital vs. last Friday being wheeled out by a wheelchair! :skip: and feeling good too!

Okay - off to read my Juan book! :book:

See you all tomorrow! :seeya:

This sounds like great news!

Good for him that he can breathe better and walk on his own...

Please let him know that we're all cheering for him!

Dh has an electric tweezers (?) thingy that zaps them off. I won't let him get near me with them. I always think of

[video=youtu;2p5AG0Tqh3A]http://youtu.be/2p5AG0Tqh3A[/video]

If you don't like pain, tie some dental floss tightly around your skin tag. It takes a few days, but it will fall off on it's own after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member