SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. But when did Juan actually speak directly to the jury...in the beginning....and at the end. Speak to someone as if they're stupid? Wow! Those are powerful words...and I just can't remember a time when JM was disrespectful to the jury.

The way I took the foreman's comment is that when Juan laid everything out there for them, piece by piece (closing maybe?), that he felt insulted. Like he felt Juan thought they were too stupid to figure it out themselves.

Well, if that is what he means he should keep these two things in mind:
1. That is Juan's JOB! He needs to lay it out step by step to show how the crime happened!

2. This is the same man who AS FOREMAN says he didn't understand what would happen when they came back as a hung jury!

It would seem to me that "thou does protest too much", meaning maybe this man has an internal doubt of his intelligence and that is the real issue. Many who try to speak or portray themselves as very intelligent (hello, look at the defendant) really doubt their own intelligence internally. Because of this inner doubt, they can be "offended" or feel talked down to very easily.
JMO

I'm pretty sure no. That was the tessoro (sp?) lady from the accounting dept of the gas station co. She proved that Jodi bought roughly 3 gas cans worth of gas.

The witness I'm speaking of ( cant recall her name but I want to say Suzanne something?) was an exec @chase bank, and ran the FRAUD dept.
Was Chase JA's bank? Cause if I kept using my card again and again at the same place, it could trigger an alert. Chase (my bank) is hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Now, if that wasn't the card JA was using...and if she didn't have a Chase account...I am definitely curious!!

But what will that address exactly? It's usually (and I may be wrong about this) to make sure everyone's on the same page...things are getting done...when they expect things will get done, yada yada yada. So when will jury questionnaires go out? Anyone know?

I don't know, but i do know this....ain't no way this thing is gonna start July 18. Nurmi and Wilmott are gonna delay, delay, delay. They're gonna put in motions to dismiss, motions to withdraw, and whatever else motions are out there. They are gonna say the jury pool is tainted, they are gonna try to do change of venue. They are gonna say we can't proceed with this trial b/c it's not fair to the defendant b/c of the media exposure. They are gonna try to change the judge. They are gonna say everyone else involved in the case is corrupted or some kind of misconduct.

Well, you know, this guy, he has an answer=EXCUSE for everything (using Juan-speak here). You see, he said OF COURSE SHE WOULD LIE TO COVER HER TRACKS....I DIDNT SEE HER LYING AS THAT STRANGE CONSIDERING WHAT SHE DID. (paraphrasing).

Well, Mr. SuperJuror, to quote DebinGA, THEN WHY DID SHE CONTINUE TO LIE AND LIE AND LIE AND IS STILL LYING TO THIS DAY 5 YEARS LATER???

He didn't even see her lying as a problem so what was Juan to do with someone like that??

and..and...and..."he wants to go see her! visit her in jail..to find out - well what we all want to find out- what happened that day"!? and she will lie to him too.

the thought...makes me truly ill. Am I wrong? the thought of them becoming buddies makes me feel ill.

The way I took the foreman's comment is that when Juan laid everything out there for them, piece by piece (closing maybe?), that he felt insulted. Like he felt Juan thought they were too stupid to figure it out themselves.

1. That is Juan's JOB! He needs to lay it out step by step to show how the crime happened!

2. This is the same man who AS FOREMAN says he didn't understand what would happen when they came back as a hung jury!

It would seem to me that "thou does protest too much", meaning maybe this man has an internal doubt of his intelligence and that is the real issue. Many who try to speak or portray themselves as very intelligent (hello, look at the defendant) really doubt their own intelligence internally. Because of this inner doubt, they can be "offended" or feel talked down to very easily.
JMO

BBM

Good observation. Remind you of anyone? Someone currently sitting in a jail cell at Estrela jail....

and..and...and..."he wants to go see her! visit her in jail..to find out - well what we all want to find out- what happened that day"!? and she will lie to him too.

the thought...makes me truly ill. Am I wrong? the thought of them becoming buddies makes me feel ill.

She'll tell him she already told him the truth about June 4 and call him a Hater
:floorlaugh:

iirc TA was trying to help JA by getting uhaul to pay, idk f it was ever resolved b4 6/4, but i have heard from a few TA friends in interviews that TA actually never cashed any of JA's checks - which is why i bet she asked when she was arrested if the were gonna cash the check - thats why imo i don't think what ever TA was so upset about in that email has anything to do w/ money, idk but TA appears that money and possesions weren't that important to him - imo - which makes me think what ever she did to cause that anger was way worse than jodi scamming money

But what if it was money related, and would make him look bad? If she was scamming somehow, and making it appear as if TA was doing it, then he would care a great deal I suspect.

Or it could have been somehow related to the fact the woman was rarely gainfully employed. As previously discussed, how the heck did she support herself?

All speculation of course :lol:

Oh yea, see of course the little purty thing would lie to people like LE and the prosecutor who are OUT TO GET HER. Poor poor girl. What's the girl supposed to do? Of course she would lie to HER ABUSER's family and friends. Of course...don'tchasee???

See, she wouldn't lie to him, no....see he's not OUT TO GET HER. He would come there to "listen" to her and they will do a yoga session and speak heart-to-heart. She will tell him all of her problems, all of her troubles, and maybe all of her fantasies....

I can't remember the exact words he used, but I did hear that part of his interview. Just projecting here, but maybe he didn't mean he would actually do it even given the opportunity. I, too, would "like to" visit her in jail and talk to her about what she did just out of sheer curiosity. But I would never do it since curiosity killed the cat and whatnot.

Correct me please if I am wrong but given the fact that 18 said they never tried to change anyone's opinion and the final vote was 8-4,we will never know if the three could have been persuaded differently because 18 threw the towel in and the judge called it instead of sending them back one more time.
It seems his agenda can be seen as to not deliberate, just ask who votes how and he quickly told judge they were hung so that he got the outcome he wanted...IMO

It's a relief just to read that someone else thinks that. Really ooky to know that this person was the foreman, with such an agenda. :moo:

Was Chase JA's bank? Cause if I kept using my card again and again at the same place, it could trigger an alert. Chase (my bank) is hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Now, if that wasn't the card JA was using...and if she didn't have a Chase account...I am definitely curious!!

The two bank accounts were from WAMU (Washington Mutual), which was later bought out by JP Morgan Chase.

And also how well it was all hidden. I wonder why that didn't come in during trial? ty

IMO, someone who has not been involved in prior crimes and is so Lilly white as 18 believes sure knew how to plan and execute a murder and then load herself up to kill again. I would have no idea how to hide a gun the way she did.

ITA. But when did Juan actually speak directly to the jury...in the beginning....and at the end. Speak to someone as if they're stupid? Wow! Those are powerful words...and I just can't remember a time when JM was disrespectful to the jury.

It is too bad they didn't hear all the times Nurmi called them liars and accused them of violating the admonition. Wonder what he would have thought of that? jmo

:floorlaugh:

You could always get ALV to represent you! I have a feeling she has a lot of free time right now!

I think I'd prefer to represent myself thankyouverymuch. I have my own continuum and everything - one column for each digit

Well, you know, this guy, he has an answer=EXCUSE for everything (using Juan-speak here). You see, he said OF COURSE SHE WOULD LIE TO COVER HER TRACKS....I DIDNT SEE HER LYING AS THAT STRANGE CONSIDERING WHAT SHE DID. (paraphrasing).

Well, Mr. SuperJuror, to quote DebinGA, THEN WHY DID SHE CONTINUE TO LIE AND LIE AND LIE AND IS STILL LYING TO THIS DAY 5 YEARS LATER???

He didn't even see her lying as a problem so what was Juan to do with someone like that??

CBM:
Thank God he got the M1 conviction with this guy on the jury and move forward with whatever they decide is next.

It must make lawyers CRAZY that they could present such a good case and one person can mess it all up! There is only so much allowed to be asked in jury selection and such a short interaction with the person. FRUSTRATING!

JMO

BBM
To this point Midwest, I am REALLY HOPING that the reporters/TH's that interview the remaining jurors ASK THEM IF THEY UNDERSTOOD that if they checked the box that said "NO UNANIMOUS DECISION" that the Judge would call a mistrial.

I mean seriously, his statment made no sense particularly in light of the fact that he was the foreman!!!!!

I was just thinking. What if the next trial is NOT televised?? Oh no, I so want to watch it. It could happen. Please say that it won't. :(

I kind of feel badly for the foreman (ducks) and the others who voted for LWOP (ducks again). My opinion only is that it's easier to say that you are in favor of the death penalty and that you could vote for it than it is to sit through a grueling five month trial and then vote for it. The three jurors on GMA this morning also stated that when they first walked in to the courtroom, they couldn't believe Jodi was the defendant, that she had an "innocent look". I think the foreman thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to speak to the press (as he was probably getting deluged with inquiries and yes, it seems he has or had a wish to be high-profile) and let's face it, don't we all want to hear from all of them? I don't think he went to these interviews thinking he'd be receiving death threats from sharing his views.

I know this is a very minority opinion on here - please don't hurt me :)

On a lighter note - are we sure that Juror #7 (Paul Rudd) is married? He is cute!

Thats quite a generalization there... Considering I'm older and would give her the DP in a heart beat. I'm truly disgusted to think there are people who assume they can profile others based on gender etc..pure poppycock...

Well, there are. They are called jury consultants. Perhaps the most famous is JoEllan Demetrius, who picked the OJ jury for the defense. Robert Hirshhorn is probably the best. They don't just pull this stuff out of thin air. They do focus groups, mock trials, etc. using the facts of the particular case they are working on. Some lawyers poo-poo jury consultants and think they know their community well enough to have a feel for things (Marcia Clark infamously disregarded what her jury consultant told her in the OJ case). These folks don't come cheap, but I have found the good ones to be invaluable when a client can afford it.

It's not a black or white choice either. We learn from jury consultants what questions to zero in on. So, just because you might be an older male doesn't automatically disqualify you, but it just sets up a bit of a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shakespeare