Sidebar Discussion #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but I have been promised that the search will be reflected in the new files I'm expecting to receive.

And the search was apparently "foolproof suffication." [sic]

Thanks to Chckmate22 for looking at the pages in Jose's book. They don't appear to match up with what was being discussed on Amazon. I also checked Ashton's book (as someone suggested) and the pages are definately not from there either. So where could the pages possibly be from? Guess I need to travel over to Amazon and ask the poster.

AZ, is it possible to pass the bar twice? Do you know if Jose "passed the bar twice"?

AZ, is it possible to pass the bar twice? Do you know if Jose "passed the bar twice"?

Hmmm. I suppose if he passed the bar exam, but wasn't admitted as a lawyer, he might have had to pass it again after 5 years or so to apply for admission again. The scores expire after a period of time.

So if it took him 8 years to be admitted he could/would have to pass it twice?

Last question on the subject, I promise. And thanks for answering my questions. Is there a test that one has to take to pass the bar and if so does the test have case law and such on it? If Jose passed the bar twice and it does require a test that proves knowledge of case law then Jose really should be a better lawyer than he is, IMO.

Last question on the subject, I promise. And thanks for answering my questions. Is there a test that one has to take to pass the bar and if so does the test have case law and such on it? If Jose passed the bar twice and it does require a test that proves knowledge of case law then Jose really should be a better lawyer than he is, IMO.

The test requires knowledge of the "common law" (case law), yes. But just passing doesn't IMO take much. ;)

You know what they call the person with the lowest passing score on the bar exam?

Counselor. :floorlaugh:

Yes, that is the Best Seller list - at 157 and thanks for the big picture - it is hilarious...:seeya: Hi Jose - you have sold 0 books in France!! And less than 300 hundred in total in Canada - do you know how many people in Canada followed that trial? Certainly more than 300 in my city alone!! Bwahahaha!

I clicked to show the chart - and if I've ever seen a bottom feeder, this mess of a book is it!!! Too Funny!!!

But I still think Amazon is being fraudulent with their numbers...

Now it is confirmed for me that Amazon is jerking the numbers and I will never buy a thing from them ever and I plan on posting the facts I found on every consumer board I can find.

At 5:30pm my time I made the above crack about Canada and French sales - and surprise surprise - six hours later it shows nine sales in Canada and three or four in France. A coincidence? There is no such thing as a coincidence - we all know that.

Jerk away Jose - with your total sales in the world at under 1000 - go ahead a spend what little cash you have on buying some in each country to up your numbers. Are you sure your ego isn't going to explode with the size it's growing? Too funny!

And yes for my files I took a snapshot of your earlier numbers and the numbers that show five minutes ago.

Always great to look like a winner in a rigged race, eh? Sure I guess if it's the only way you can win and apparently it is! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

So according to novel rank in hardcover - Baez's "brilliant" book has sold 871 books in total in the whole world?

This is so funny it isn't even fun anymore? I like to pick on the strong not the pathetic!

Hi Jose :seeya: I'm going to lay off you now!

Just kidding!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

To be fair (cough, cough), Novel Rank only appears to take into account what is sold by Amazon. It doesn't include other online stores, book & mortar stores, libraries, or talk shows that give the books to their audiences. So, we probably need to double the numbers at Novel Rank. :wink:

Just for the record, I checked my public library's website and they have 5 copies in their system. :what: They also have five copies of JA's book.

Now it is confirmed for me that Amazon is jerking the numbers and I will never buy a thing from them ever and I plan on posting the facts I found on every consumer board I can find.

At 5:30pm my time I made the above crack about Canada and French sales - and surprise surprise - six hours later it shows nine sales in Canada and three or four in France. A coincidence? There is no such thing as a coincidence - we all know that.

Jerk away Jose - with your total sales in the world at under 1000 - go ahead a spend what little cash you have on buying some in each country to up your numbers. Are you sure your ego isn't going to explode with the size it's growing? Too funny!

And yes for my files I took a snapshot of your earlier numbers and the numbers that show five minutes ago.

Always great to look like a winner in a rigged race, eh? Sure I guess if it's the only way you can win and apparently it is! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Hey, Jose! Looks like German sales need boosting, too. :seeya:

I would assume that if Amazon is "doing this" for Baez, they do it for all their books; therefore all sales reports for Ashton's book are invalid also.

Now it is confirmed for me that Amazon is jerking the numbers and I will never buy a thing from them ever and I plan on posting the facts I found on every consumer board I can find.At 5:30pm my time I made the above crack about Canada and French sales - and surprise surprise - six hours later it shows nine sales in Canada and three or four in France. A coincidence? There is no such thing as a coincidence - we all know that.

OMG. Could someone have reported the images of Caylee and had them removed? OMG I hope even those who support the perp and her keepers do not consider images of Caylee to be offensive. :please:

Maybe Cindy or Casey reported those images of Caylee as their copyrighted property and demanded they be taken down?

Maybe Cindy or Casey reported those images of Caylee as their copyrighted property and demanded they be taken down?

Speaking as a photographer, NAL, all photographic representations of a minor are property of the parent/guardian and cannot be used without express written consent from such. It may be Amazon just in CYA mode.

That said, did anyone see the photo of Baez with some caption like "Baez, an angel sent from heaven to help those who cannot defend themselves"? I see that one is gone too. I wonder if it's just a matter of "5 reports = removal" or something and not an actual human making the decision.

I am so proud of Jaycee. I felt honored to purchase her book.
I wonder if anyone could say that about JB's big fat book of mistruths?

When Jaycee wrote the book, NOT WITH A "CO-AUTHOR, she had the equivalent of a 5th grade education. I'm sure she had an editor who worked with her, but one thing is for sure, it's very well written. It tugs at your heart strings and depicts a very courageous person. It makes sense and opens up her thoughts to share with us. I've read it more than once and still haven't plumbed the depths of her misery and hope for her children. She lived in a world of hurt, but managed to find beauty. She didn't have to tell any lies, either, to garner attention. Nobody had to bolster her 4 1/2 star rating with bogus raves.

Mr. Baez AND Mr. Golenbock together can't write better than a "5th grader"!

When Baez made the Jaycee Duggard comment, I'm sure he was jealous of her book sales.

Thanks to Chckmate22 for looking at the pages in Jose's book. They don't appear to match up with what was being discussed on Amazon. I also checked Ashton's book (as someone suggested) and the pages are definately not from there either. So where could the pages possibly be from? Guess I need to travel over to Amazon and ask the poster.

Could they be using Kindle page numbers????

Speaking as a photographer, NAL, all photographic representations of a minor are property of the parent/guardian and cannot be used without express written consent from such. It may be Amazon just in CYA mode.

That said, did anyone see the photo of Baez with some caption like "Baez, an angel sent from heaven to help those who cannot defend themselves"? I see that one is gone too. I wonder if it's just a matter of "5 reports = removal" or something and not an actual human making the decision.

That one was just put up yesterday after I noticed they deleted half the uploads.

What I don't get is how my wheel and tree could be removed. The one of Caylee - I can almost understand as a minor child, but it feels as if they (whoever they are) don't want Caylee to be remembered.

The pictures released by the media belong to the media. If you remember these pictures were sold to various media outlets by RM, KC and her family. So it would be ABC or National Enquirer that would need to object. KC and her family have already given their consent when they accepted money for them. jmo

Publishers (at least the big ones) often do several printings. I forget at this moment what they're called (publisher's editions?), but they're basically "test drives" for the book. These are handed out to reviewers and later sold to book clubs (which is how they get them cheaper). After this test printing, typos that had not been caught before can be edited out quickly and the *real* run is done.

I'm not sure if it's applicable in this case, but books also often come in different versions, such as Large Type.

Either of these may affect the actual page numbers between your version and someone else's version. I'd check a few pages on either side of the target page just to be sure.

He's the Pepe Le Pu of novelists....he wants everyone to like him, but he just stinks.

DON'T make me do it......no...don't.......

Ok....during trial this was my avatar of JB - with a quote asking "do you like my pocket square?"

sigpic33790_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members