Sidebar Discussion #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM yet it's ok for Ashton?

I'm talking about defendents, people accused of murder that make money off of their dead victim.

I have no problem with Ashton making money off of his book considering what he did for little Caylee.

It doesn't appear that anyone in Florida has a problem with it either since he was voted State Attorney. YAY Jeff!!

Off the DEATH of a child, yes, IF they are getting paid for what they write. Whether it is a member of the prosecution, the defense, or the accused, yet found not guilty, mother of the child.

Does anybody know if that caseyanthonyisinnocent website (that purportedly had the computer viruses) makes money for website/blog hits, or if it has advertising on that website and it's owners/admins is making money that way? I've never been there, so I don't know. Thanks in advance!!! :woohoo:

Florida has no income tax. It has property taxes. Only residents in Orange County, and only those who own property contributed to what the defense team was paid.

Bull Sh**, there are sale taxes, gas taxes, cigarette taxes along with those property taxes and it was the state of Florida that was asked for monies, not Orange county.

:banghead: not sure if anybody caught this representation of a Pinellas County Commission candidate re: 9/11/01...."
On the eve of the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a former state representative now running for the Pinellas County Commission criticized fire unions, accusing them of using the tragedy for their own gain.
“The firefighters have really taken advantage of 9/11 and what happened then and capitalized on it and the emotion,” Janet Long said Monday during a meeting with the Tampa Bay Times editorial board."

http://statter911.com/2012/09/12/fl...dvantage-of-911-you-can-imagine-the-reaction/

SO.....unless she also served on "THAT" jury, the count has risen to 13 verified :what: "confused" :what: by facts folks in THAT particular County.......of course, IMVHO!

:banghead: not sure if anybody caught this representation of a Pinellas County Commission candidate re: 9/11/01...."
On the eve of the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a former state representative now running for the Pinellas County Commission criticized fire unions, accusing them of using the tragedy for their own gain.
“The firefighters have really taken advantage of 9/11 and what happened then and capitalized on it and the emotion,” Janet Long said Monday during a meeting with the Tampa Bay Times editorial board."

http://statter911.com/2012/09/12/fl...dvantage-of-911-you-can-imagine-the-reaction/

SO.....unless she also served on "THAT" jury, the count has risen to 13 verified :what: "confused" :what: by facts folks in THAT particular County.......of course, IMVHO!

OMG! Joypath!! :seeya: So loved what you did for WS during all the evidence and docs!! Great to see you! And agree after reading that article.

BBM Keyword ACCUSES, not convicted. Neither Amanda Knox, not Casey Anthony were convited of murdering ANYONE. So, by your reasoning, anyone accused of a crime, shouldn't be allowed to profit off that accusation, if found not guilty of it?

By the way, Jeff Ashton was only voted State Attorney FOR AND BY the citizens of ONLY TWO of Florida's SIXTY SEVEN counties. The citizens in the remaining SIXTY FIVE counties have absolutely nothing to do with his election, and he has absolutely nothing to do with them.

I'm talking about defendents, people accused of murder that make money off of their dead victim.

I have no problem with Ashton making money off of his book considering what he did for little Caylee.

It doesn't appear that anyone in Florida has a problem with it either since he was voted State Attorney. YAY Jeff!!

Everybody purchases the items you mentioned in Florida pays those taxes. They are not exclusive to Florida residents. By your reasoning even tourists from, say Europe, paid for the defense team.

Perhaps you could contact the Florida Department of Revenue and ask them where the money actually came from to pay the defense team.

Bull Sh**, there are sale taxes, gas taxes, cigarette taxes along with those property taxes and it was the state of Florida that was asked for monies, not Orange county.

BBM Keyword ACCUSES, not convicted. Neither Amanda Knox, not Casey Anthony were convited of murdering ANYONE. So, by your reasoning, anyone accused of a crime, shouldn't be allowed to profit off that accusation, if found not guilty of it?

By the way, Jeff Ashton was only voted State Attorney FOR AND BY the citizens of ONLY TWO of Florida's SIXTY SEVEN counties. The citizens in the remaining SIXTY FIVE counties have absolutely nothing to do with his election, and he has absolutely nothing to do with them.

So then TWO MORE counties voted for Jeff Ashton than voted for Lawson Lamar, is that what we're talking about here? I seem to be lost.

You've mentioned the counties thing re Jeff before - I think everyone gets that - but the rest of Florida didn't have their blinders on watching this case so I'm pretty sure they know who Jeff Ashton is.

Isn't the point why pay for a three year jail stay and a lengthy and expensive defense if this was all going to be claimed as an accident at trial. What was the reasoning behind using that tax money when the legal budgets of these counties are overburdened already. IMO

She must be out of her ever-lovin' mind!

Nice to see you again, by the way, Joypath!

-----------------------
Oh carp, I was getting ready to move to Florida :floorlaugh:

Florida has no income tax. It has property taxes. Only residents in Orange County, and only those who own property contributed to what the defense team was paid.

I am not going to comment on this post because if I do I will surely get an all expenses paid "vacation". However, I will let ABC News do it for me. Please note, it says "state of Florida", NOT Orange County. We all (Floridians) have paid for this circus. This isn't just MOO...it's a FACT.

http://http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/casey-anthony-trial-costs-defense-team-charges-state/story?id=14125305

"Casey Anthony's defense team has billed the state of Florida over $147,000 to defend the woman acquitted of murdering her daughter, Caylee."

"The state has already paid $118,847.75 of that bill. They've refused to pay nearly $12,000 of the defense's cost."

:lurk:

just a reminder that it is perfectly fine to scroll on by things that make ya itch. ;)

Missed ya, joypath!!

:seeya: So happy to see you, RR. Please let us know how everything went today. I've been thinking about you all day. Praying all is OK.
xoxoxoxoxo
Dr. said I should be 99% okay. Couldn't guarantee it, but that will do for now. Wants me to see an internist (never have) to make sure that my health is okay (ugh!). Will have the surgery in his office on Monday. Told him I'd rest for a day or two after...then take it day by day. I know, I'm stubborn.
Thank you so much for your prayers. You don't know how much it means to me.
oxoxoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member