Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. For the record, Ashton's book was as "ghostwritten" as Baez's. "Imperfect Justice" was co-written by Lisa Pulitzer, a former New York Times correspondent who has written other true-crime books, including "Portrait of a Monster," about Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Not only that, based on the speed it was written, IMO, he was writing the book before and during the trial itself, while he was being paid by the State of Florida to prosecute Casey Anthony.

For the record, I'm sure that writing a book based on truth is much faster then spinning an entire three years into a big fat lie.

So, if it hasn't already done so, it is due to make its final report to its probation officer. I am still shaken by the fact that a jury allowed a baby killer to go free! I extend my deepest sympathy to all citizens at risk of having "it" move into their community. Recently followed a murder trial in my area where the jury deliberated two full days and "asked hundreds of questions" before delivering a just verdict. That's the way it is supposed to be done. The citizens of Florida should be appalled, IMO.

Again, my sympathies to any and all who are at risk of having to breathe the same air as "it."

I will say one thing -- and it will be good to know -- If George doesn't file a slanderous lawsuit against Jose Baez for the molestation allegations, we will know George was in on it from the very beginning.

MOO

That's a great point - however, first we have to find out if these "statements" we believe Jose has made can be grounds to sue - based on what was implied in court with no supporting evidence. Or is a person legally allowed to express an "opinion" when writing a book and still evade consequences.

I will be watching this very closely.

That's a great point - however, first we have to find out if these "statements" we believe Jose has made can be grounds to sue - based on what was implied in court with no supporting evidence. Or is a person legally allowed to express an "opinion" when writing a book and still evade consequences.

I will be watching this very closely.

For GA to sue for defamation, JB would have to make a false statement of fact (not opinion) about GA. There are other requirements as well, but this is likely to be the big one.

What I find really curious is that we have heard absoutely nothing directly from George or Cindy Anthony in about a year. Cindy has gone from someone who-would-not-shut-up to total and complete silence except for terse statements from Mr. Lippman.

While some believe they are off somewhere living the good life after their "winnings" from the Dr. Phil show - am I the only one who finds this "vacuum" odd?

So we know they appeared on Dr. Phil last September, then there was a short statement from Lippman in January re the video diaries, now a statement from Lippman again about Baez's book - but no shots I've seen of them at all, no talk shows, no interviews - nada.

What gives here? Have the press just completely lost interest? Usually we lose interest long before the press gets the hint. Aside from living on the Dr. Phil cash - which I don't want to rant about until I actually see some, any kind of confirmation - what do posters think is up?

Curious that there was no comment about Baez's rosebush remark - Lippman must be using an amazing kind of leash...

So - is anyone here good at compiling complicated stats?

Maybe we could keep a running total of Baez book sales vs Ashton's sales pre-release and then after the release?

Oh wait - wait - I can do it! :seeya:

Pre-release Jeff Ashton: thousands Jose Baez: one giveaway

Post release: Jeff Ashton: Many more thousands
Jose Baez: A few more giveaways.......:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

JA: Movie Deal
JB: Happy Meal @ Steak and Shake:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...iled-jose-baezs-book/story?id=16661648&page=2

"We drove around, and I had no idea where we were, but Casey did," Baez wrote. "'You know about three blocks up on the left, do you know who lives there?' she asked. 'Zanny?' I blurted out. We cracked up laughing. 'Don't make me punch you,' she said."

This.....Yeah, what a crack up.

Its just never ending, and I think the next few weeks will be like ripping a healing scab off. I think I am at a point where I just can't hear or read about this anymore.

This has been their mentality all along! Baby Caylee was like a joke to them. All of them, the whole defense team, GA, CA, LA, MA and especially JB and FCA, remember how they acted in court. They all make me sick!!!!

What I find really curious is that we have heard absoutely nothing directly from George or Cindy Anthony in about a year. Cindy has gone from someone who-would-not-shut-up to total and complete silence except for terse statements from Mr. Lippman.

While some believe they are off somewhere living the good life after their "winnings" from the Dr. Phil show - am I the only one who finds this "vacuum" odd?

So we know they appeared on Dr. Phil last September, then there was a short statement from Lippman in January re the video diaries, now a statement from Lippman again about Baez's book - but no shots I've seen of them at all, no talk shows, no interviews - nada.

What gives here? Have the press just completely lost interest? Usually we lose interest long before the press gets the hint. Aside from living on the Dr. Phil cash - which I don't want to rant about until I actually see some, any kind of confirmation - what do posters think is up?

Curious that there was no comment about Baez's rosebush remark - Lippman must be using an amazing kind of leash...

I personally think we will start to see them again when they run out of money. I'm sure they hit the lotto with the Dr Phil show. :banghead:

Since Cindy wears the pants in the family I could totally see her telling George to "shut up" and "suck it up" about JB's book as long as it helps FCA's image and rehabilitation back into society. Didn't she tweet something to the affect that Casey's getting healthy and then she got slammed so she stopped tweeting. I'm sure Cindy is still angry with George for some of the things he said during the trail against FCA. Cindy probably doesn't even care George is being acused of molestation again as long as it makes her precious princess look better. I don't know how George can live with her? He must be really desperate!! I'd live in a tent before I'd live with Cindy.

I'm just wondering, is JB's book considered a fictional novel ? Is this how he is getting away with writing about lies?

I'm just wondering, is JB's book considered a fictional novel ? Is this how he is getting away with writing about lies?

IMO People were just starting to be able to stomach him just a tiny bit. Me not being one of them, but now he has to rub salt in the wound with this book. Did he really think he would make a lot of money off of it? The nerve to acuse George of molestation once again. I hope JB and FCA marry and ride off into the sunset never to be found again.

Then his joke about Zanny! What an innapropriate thing to say. They both laughed histerically. Real funny!! No wonder JB couldn't get into his Wife's pregnancy, he was having way too much fun with the baby killer. I can't believe his wife has stayed with him.

I personally think we will start to see them again when they run out of money. I'm sure they hit the lotto with the Dr Phil show. :banghead:

Since Cindy wears the pants in the family I could totally see her telling George to "shut up" and "suck it up" about JB's book as long as it helps FCA's image and rehabilitation back into society. Didn't she tweet something to the affect that Casey's getting healthy and then she got slammed so she stopped tweeting. I'm sure Cindy is still angry with George for some of the things he said during the trail against FCA. Cindy probably doesn't even care George is being acused of molestation again as long as it makes her precious princess look better. I don't know how George can live with her? He must be really desperate!! I'd live in a tent before I'd live with Cindy.

Yes, you are probably right about most of that - but JB has taken a few digs so far at Cindy that haven't been at all respectful considering how much he used her during the trial - and I do mean "used" and I was wondering how she could resist taking a shot or two back at him. I would think "money" would make her worse not better...

Hmm - wonder if it's got anything to do with FCA's appeal??

:waitasec: Didn't we discover that wasn't actually CA who was tweeting?

:waitasec: Didn't we discover that wasn't actually CA who was tweeting?

I don't know, you're probably right. I had only heard it was her, but obviously haven't kept up with all the details lately.

I don't tweet so I was just going off what I read here on this site. Probably missed the post that said it wasn't her!

For the record, I'm sure that writing a book based on truth is much faster then spinning an entire three years into a big fat lie.

It is also easier to read. I can't believe what I am reading about:waitasec: cheeseburgers, mismatched shoe strings, flying helicopters and laughing about a lie relating to Zanny after the fact. This is not interesting reading material at all. There is no need to read about a failed bikini buisness or going to the Big Apple with his client, except it shows once again somebody was making up things or not putting a kabash on the fca's been everywhere rumor that made some kind of money for somebody. The only way he's going to get a sale is to repeat this thing about GA from words of a habitual liar? That takes the cake. :maddening:

I don't know, you're probably right. I had only heard it was her, but obviously haven't kept up with all the details lately.

I don't tweet so I was just going off what I read here on this site. Probably missed the post that said it wasn't her!

No me either - but I remember reading that whoever it was - was finally outed...

It is also easier to read. I can't believe what I am reading about:waitasec: cheeseburgers, mismatched shoe strings, flying helicopters and laughing about a lie relating to Zanny after the fact. This is not interesting reading material at all. There is no need to read about a failed bikini buisness or going to the Big Apple with his client, except it shows once again somebody was making up things or not putting a kabash on the fca's been everywhere rumor that made some kind of money for somebody. The only way he's going to get a sale is to repeat this thing about GA from words of a habitual liar? That takes the cake. :maddening:

I downloaded the first 40 pages from ibooks (dont worry.. I didnt pay it was just a sample)...i tried to read it but couldnt stomache it... Basically it is as i expected... Just spin. Very much like watching any interview from the defense team. ... I usually dont watch... But when i do watch im always sorry i did... This book is the same.

OMG! Thank you! Quick Strawberry or someone who tweets - tweet Morgan and Morgan!!!!

You are so right - he will be sorry for that one - well he won't but FCA will!

I just bet he will try to get out of this one by saying Zanny was imaginary while Zenaida is a real person. This ZG trial will be pretty interesting. Bet it turns into a free for all.

That was an interesting question - but I couldn't tell by hopping into Amazon to have a look. If anyone knows - could you post it? It isn't listed under biographies and memoirs - I do know that.

I did notice the Baez's book has dropped to 17.16 pre-release which is the same price as Ashton's how many months after it was released.

CSI - A Beautiful LIfe by Robyn Walensky (sp) discussing inside the courtroom, the evidence, the investigation etc., is holding at $19.something which is pretty good for a book that's been out almost a year.

By the way, when I was going to sleep and random thoughts were wandering through my brain - I was kind of laughing to myself. I think Jose Baez's choice of title for this "book" is really an unfortunate one. Cause most of us are nodding and saying - verdict or not - you're right - she is still and always will be Presumed Guilty.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11