Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet he's used to talking real loud over the clanking silverware and glasses. Wonder if he starts off with try the veal......

http://www.agencyforspeakers.com/espeakers/21251/Jose-Baez.html

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

Snippets of note....... Me in red.

Soon after admission to the Florida State Bar Jose became a magnet for many high profile cases such as the case of Elvira Garcia, an illegal Mexican Immigrant accused of kidnapping a child that she had adopted as her own. Ms. Garcia was cleared of all charges because due to her illegal status she was unable to legally adopt the child. Zanny 1.0?

Still active with his law practice, Jose is also very involved with his community and with several charitable organizations. STILL??

Jose was the youngest of four children raised by a hardworking single mother who often had to work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet. Yet KC couldn't work even 1!

:waitasec: Some exaggerations or mis-truths here, IMO

The Elvira Garcia case WAS NOT a high profile case in the Metro Orlando area.

It was in 2006 and I remember it on local media because it had to do with the alleged kidnapping of a infant but the case quickly faded away.

Garcia was charged with kidnapping her roommate's 6 week old baby
Not long into the investigation LE dropped the charges because it ended up being more of a Domestic issue rather than a kidnapping.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/roommate-charged-with-kidnapping-6-week-old-boy/nJsdr/

ALSO, Baez wants us to believe that Garcia was cleared of kidnapping charges because she was an illegal immigrant??? WThay!

Once the alleged kidnapping charges were dropped by LE I am wondering if Elvira Garcia was arrested for being an illegal immigrant..?

I remember a recent case, a Central Florida woman, married to an American and had children, was arrested by LE once they found out she was an illegal immigrant.

Many people have been arrested in Florida, and across the Country, once they are discovered by LE as being illegal immigrants....depending on the case they are schedule for criminal trial or deportation trials

Thank you Harmony2 for a new sidebar.
Good morning everyone.
I'd like to cry over spilt milk if I may.
I was looking at the photos of Caylee on our last sidebar and was thinking that I wished the prosecution had used one of the 2 last photos for the lay over (< can't think of the right word) of the duct tape on Caylee skull. I realize why they used the picture they did but I have to be honest here, I hated it. In My Opinion it was a stupid move. I think they were being smart alec's about it. Personally I would have found a non smiling photo of Caylee alone. I think it would have had more of an impact. What are your thoughts on this?

BBM:

I understand completely the desire to have a simple frontal picture of Caylee as part of the demonstrative overlay process but have to agree that this particular one (IF CROPPED TO remove the other figure) was more graphic.
1. the presentation of this graphic demonstration should have been done with the assistance of Jan so she could emphasize the details of the bone structure & the teeth placement of the discovered skull. Somehow, the fact that the teeth were held within the mandible area NEVER seemed to make an impact re: duck tape placement and decomposition activity, lack of body movement re: theory that the corpse moved from place to place.
2. the photo needed to be close to Caylee's age at the time of her "abduction"
All the above MHO ('specially since nobody asked!) but I'm wondering if the prosecution ASSUMED (and we all know what THAT does) that ANY jury would apply logic to the facts of the case and that given the facts presented, there was no need to "beat the drum" over & over again.

BBM:

I understand completely the desire to have a simple frontal picture of Caylee as part of the demonstrative overlay process but have to agree that this particular one (IF CROPPED TO remove the other figure) was more graphic.
1. the presentation of this graphic demonstration should have been done with the assistance of Jan so she could emphasize the details of the bone structure & the teeth placement of the discovered skull. Somehow, the fact that the teeth were held within the mandible area NEVER seemed to make an impact re: duck tape placement and decomposition activity, lack of body movement re: theory that the corpse moved from place to place.
2. the photo needed to be close to Caylee's age at the time of her "abduction"
All the above MHO ('specially since nobody asked!) but I'm wondering if the prosecution ASSUMED (and we all know what THAT does) that ANY jury would apply logic to the facts of the case and that given the facts presented, there was no need to "beat the drum" over & over again.

Thank you for your comments - why THAT jury ignored the duct tape is still a head on desk banger for me - I doubt I wil ever really "get" it - or what happened in that jury room.....

In 2008, the same year Caylee Anthony was murdered, 13,756 American citizens were murdered by fellow Americans.

305 of these murders were of children-babies- who were one to four years old, and another 74 completely innocent children 5 to 8 years old were murdered/killed as well, most often by their own parents.

Approximately the same number of children were killed by one or both parents in 2011, and 2012, with a few months to go, appears to be no different in the tally of babes slaughtered by those they trusted and loved the most.

Was Caylee Anthony special? Yes, of course she was. As is every last one of the hundreds and hundreds of children who have died at their parents' hands since Caylee was murdered.

Would that every one of these children's souls would be grieved as Caylee has been here, or at the very least, acknowledged, so that Caylee's death could once and for all be put in an appropriately large and larger context than the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony.

I haven't been on WS for over a year now. After the verdict, I dropped all contact with anything Anthony related (couldn't take it). I have just checked in again and it's good to see some of the dedicated posters still fighting for some sort of justice. From me to all of you, THANK YOU !

In 2008, the same year Caylee Anthony was murdered, 13,756 American citizens were murdered by fellow Americans.

305 of these murders were of children-babies- who were one to four years old, and another 74 completely innocent children 5 to 8 years old were murdered/killed as well, most often by their own parents.

Approximately the same number of children were killed by one or both parents in 2011, and 2012, with a few months to go, appears to be no different in the tally of babes slaughtered by those they trusted and loved the most.

Was Caylee Anthony special? Yes, of course she was. As is every last one of the hundreds and hundreds of children who have died at their parents' hands since Caylee was murdered.

Would that every one of these children's souls would be grieved as Caylee has been here, or at the very least, acknowledged, so that Caylee's death could once and for all be put in an appropriately large and larger context than the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony.

Thank you for those stats Hope4more - and yet there are so many folks out there and even here at WS, who just cannot accept that a mother can kill her own child. I remember looking up those stats and quoting them well before the trial - and often the answer was - it must have been an accident.

We won't see less child deaths by their own parents hands until we at least accept the reality that it happens every day in our oh so civilized world.

My support for retribution for Caylee's death is symbolic to me of all the children we don't talk about who suffer similiar fates.

I haven't been on WS for over a year now. After the verdict, I dropped all contact with anything Anthony related (couldn't take it). I have just checked in again and it's good to see some of the dedicated posters still fighting for some sort of justice. From me to all of you, THANK YOU !

Great to see you again Searchfortruth, we've all dealt with the horrendous verdict the best we can. Unfortunately you won't find those of us here who made it back with healed hearts yet. There is no peace until there is justice IMO.

:waitasec: Some exaggerations or mis-truths here, IMO

The Elvira Garcia case WAS NOT a high profile case in the Metro Orlando area.

It was in 2006 and I remember it on local media because it had to do with the alleged kidnapping of a infant but the case quickly faded away.

Garcia was charged with kidnapping her roommate's 6 week old baby
Not long into the investigation LE dropped the charges because it ended up being more of a Domestic issue rather than a kidnapping.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/roommate-charged-with-kidnapping-6-week-old-boy/nJsdr/

ALSO, Baez wants us to believe that Garcia was cleared of kidnapping charges because she was an illegal immigrant??? WThay!

Once the alleged kidnapping charges were dropped by LE I am wondering if Elvira Garcia was arrested for being an illegal immigrant..?

I remember a recent case, a Central Florida woman, married to an American and had children, was arrested by LE once they found out she was an illegal immigrant.

Many people have been arrested in Florida, and across the Country, once they are discovered by LE as being illegal immigrants....depending on the case they are schedule for criminal trial or deportation trials

How can you be an illegal immigrant if you're married to an American?

I don't know about the States but in Canada, being married to a Canadian does not give you automatic citzenship anymore. I think there was just too much marriage fraud, among other things with our immigration practises, so the laws have been changed. You still have to apply for landed immigrant status from outside of the country.

The only thing that gives automatic status is being born in Canada. Even that is now under review because we have so many visitors flying in a a visitors visa in their final term of pregnancy and giving birth here, in the hopes of bringing themselves over and their relatives. I don't believe we will continue the "automatic" status for that much longer, as it is now being seen as process hopping, bumping those relatives who have been legitimately going through the hoops of the immigration process.

Every immigrant has to go through the application and screening process and await approval, even if married to a US citizen... marriage does not confer citizenship.

Thank you for your comments - why THAT jury ignored the duct tape is still a head on desk banger for me - I doubt I wil ever really "get" it - or what happened in that jury room.....

Console yourself with this thought -

Murder may pass unpunish'd for a time.
But tardy justice will o'ertake the crime.

John Dryden, 1631-1700

Marriage to an American citizen does not automatically give you legal status. There is a lengthy process to be given the right to live and work here. I know two different women that married men from Norway. It took both if them quite a long time to get the approval for their husbands to remain here.

Thank you for those stats Hope4more - and yet there are so many folks out there and even here at WS, who just cannot accept that a mother can kill her own child. I remember looking up those stats and quoting them well before the trial - and often the answer was - it must have been an accident.

We won't see less child deaths by their own parents hands until we at least accept the reality that it happens every day in our oh so civilized world.

My support for retribution for Caylee's death is symbolic to me of all the children we don't talk about who suffer similiar fates.

Thanks for highlighting LG. So many are excused perhaps from their penalty by law as most all cannot even fathom EVIL, IMHO evil is Very Very much different from a minor mental illness such as bipolar....(well, that can be major, but my gist is that is different from true mentall illness that is worse suc as szitzophrenai(sp?)

but unfortunately (uh oh, I feel a trout slap coming) the medical community explains stuff away and folks are absolved of responsibility in some trials. I call CARP (Or another fish for slapping) on that, and at least some states are now recognizing that if they are guilty but mentally ill, they get the same penalty.

Apogies to fellow :websleuther: who may be in that field, but I am tired of b ipolar etc being used as an excuse for murder...FTLOG let 's admit they are just ...?... like Ted Turner and many other successful folks.

Great to see you again Searchfortruth, we've all dealt with the horrendous verdict the best we can. Unfortunately you won't find those of us here who made it back with healed hearts yet. There is no peace until there is justice IMO.

And LG, as you know that is exacly why many of us try to keep the candle burning with Wolfmom. I assume possibly incorrectly that everyone know about this thread which Wolfmom has kept posting on twice daily for YEARS, For those that do not visit or are not familiar, go up to your header, click on *caylee anthony two years old* and then click down to *light a candle by you computer tonight* which is most likely the latest updated thread than this one.

Note that this thread has NO NO discussions on it, it is ONLY for messages to Caylee ( and now perhaps Gramma Shirley)

:grouphug: to wolfmom for keeping Caylee Marie's flame going after all this time!

So to any of my/our Canuck WS friends who may be peeking in this weekend -

:fireworks: Happy Thanksgiving long weekend, eh? :fireworks:

I'd say don't eat too much turkey or dessert but what good would it do me? :floorlaugh:

Every immigrant has to go through the application and screening process and await approval, even if married to a US citizen... marriage does not confer citizenship.

My mother in law, an immigrant from Italy, came to America with her 18 month old American son in 1953. She had to study to become an American and was very proud of becoming a citizen of a greatest county in the world.

She died in 2010 and I took care of her the last year and she would talk (every day IS a new day with Alzhiemers) about Italy, and how she had only known war all her life before coming to America.

She talked of food shortages and hunger and how the Americans saved many from starving. She showed me pictures of bombed out buildings and how the German soldiers would kill ten Italians if one of their soldiers were killed.

She told me to never forget that freedom comes with a price.

My mother in law, an immigrant from Italy, came to America with her 18 month old American son in 1953. She had to study to become an American and was very proud of becoming a citizen of a greatest county in the world.

She died in 2010 and I took care of her the last year and she would talk (every day IS a new day with Alzhiemers) about Italy, and how she had only known war all her life before coming to America.

She talked of food shortages and hunger and how the Americans saved many from starving. She showed me pictures of bombed out buildings and how the German soldiers would kill ten Italians if one of their soldiers were killed.

She told me to never forget that freedom comes with a price.

Wow! What a moving description. I do so much like our sidebars here and getting to know folks! I was just thinking last night how I know so much about "virtual" friends, thinking sometimes we share more here than anywhere else.

:grouphug:

And RR, update please!

So to any of my/our Canuck WS friends who may be peeking in this weekend -

:fireworks: Happy Thanksgiving long weekend, eh? :fireworks:

I'd say don't eat too much turkey or dessert but what good would it do me? :floorlaugh:

*ATL jumps up and down*, I will make the gravy! My favorite meal of the year! But durn, I have to wait more than a month for mine. :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean