Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother in law, an immigrant from Italy, came to America with her 18 month old American son in 1953. She had to study to become an American and was very proud of becoming a citizen of a greatest county in the world.

She died in 2010 and I took care of her the last year and she would talk (every day IS a new day with Alzhiemers) about Italy, and how she had only known war all her life before coming to America.

She talked of food shortages and hunger and how the Americans saved many from starving. She showed me pictures of bombed out buildings and how the German soldiers would kill ten Italians if one of their soldiers were killed.

She told me to never forget that freedom comes with a price.

I came over in 1952 when I was 4 years old; was born in Sweden, BUT since my parents were NOT Swedish citizens, I was not automatically a Swede. I was a D.P. - Displaced Person! LOL! My parents are/were both Latvian citizens - escaped during the war to Sweden on a small fishing boat... long story! But anyway - they brought us to America, and my parents became citizens, and all I had to do to get my American citizenship was raise my right hand and say "I do!" before I turned 16. Which of course I did!

Ah - but my younger brother was born 1953 in Santa Rosa, California - automatic American Citizen!
Sorry OT!!

Wonderful stories, thank you both of you. Those of us who are born in the free lands in North America sometimes forget and take our freedoms and rights for granted.These are good reminders for me to be feel grateful on this Thanksgiving weekend - grateful for the riches I was born with - here in the true north strong and free.

Marriage to an American citizen does not automatically give you legal status. There is a lengthy process to be given the right to live and work here. I know two different women that married men from Norway. It took both if them quite a long time to get the approval for their husbands to remain here.

----------------
How does six years sound? yep!!:seeya:

Has anyone heard fro Muzicman and his part in the trial?

So to any of my/our Canuck WS friends who may be peeking in this weekend -

:fireworks: Happy Thanksgiving long weekend, eh? :fireworks:

I'd say don't eat too much turkey or dessert but what good would it do me? :floorlaugh:

728995kpix6qf6e8.gif

Has anyone heard fro Muzicman and his part in the trial?

Not that I know of. Responsible folks that might be a witness at a trial usually do not talk until the court proceedings are over. That is what I am thinking is a plausible reason for no update after all this time.

In 2008, the same year Caylee Anthony was murdered, 13,756 American citizens were murdered by fellow Americans.

305 of these murders were of children-babies- who were one to four years old, and another 74 completely innocent children 5 to 8 years old were murdered/killed as well, most often by their own parents.

Approximately the same number of children were killed by one or both parents in 2011, and 2012, with a few months to go, appears to be no different in the tally of babes slaughtered by those they trusted and loved the most.

Was Caylee Anthony special? Yes, of course she was. As is every last one of the hundreds and hundreds of children who have died at their parents' hands since Caylee was murdered.

Would that every one of these children's souls would be grieved as Caylee has been here, or at the very least, acknowledged, so that Caylee's death could once and for all be put in an appropriately large and larger context than the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony.

They have been grieved. Caylee is representative of how sick and tired we all are of people abusing and killing children. Some may not understand the foundation of "the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony," but her discussion "represents an appropriately large and larger," and might I add passionately felt, problem of murdered children.

They have been grieved. Caylee is representative of how sick and tired we all are of people abusing and killing children. Some may not understand the foundation of "the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony," but her discussion "represents an appropriately large and larger," and might I add passionately felt, problem of murdered children.

:goodpost:

I couldn't agree more. If we had seen justice served for Caylee then we might be ready to move on to other topics, but as long as a murderer gets away with it, particularly of a child, then I am ready to keep talking about it.
I don't think there should be any time limit, past which it gets old...

I couldn't agree more. If we had seen justice served for Caylee then we might be ready to move on to other topics, but as long as a murderer gets away with it, particularly of a child, then I am ready to keep talking about it.

I think it's the constant throwing poor lil Casey, as the face of justice served in a court of law, that makes us hold on to the anger. Many of us haven't had the time for the wounds to heal before there is another attempt to pave the way for one of them to make money off a dead little girl. No, I can't let Caylee go just yet.

In 2008, the same year Caylee Anthony was murdered, 13,756 American citizens were murdered by fellow Americans.

305 of these murders were of children-babies- who were one to four years old, and another 74 completely innocent children 5 to 8 years old were murdered/killed as well, most often by their own parents.

Approximately the same number of children were killed by one or both parents in 2011, and 2012, with a few months to go, appears to be no different in the tally of babes slaughtered by those they trusted and loved the most.

Was Caylee Anthony special? Yes, of course she was. As is every last one of the hundreds and hundreds of children who have died at their parents' hands since Caylee was murdered.

Would that every one of these children's souls would be grieved as Caylee has been here, or at the very least, acknowledged, so that Caylee's death could once and for all be put in an appropriately large and larger context than the ceaseless rehashing of all things Anthony.

None can be grieved enough. None can be grieved too much.

Wish we had :(...miss MM.

---------------
Hi RR0004, first off I hope you boo boo is doing well. I wish MuzikMan was here also. I'd love to know who he is. I am sure he isnt an ordinary man as you and I are ordinary people I think he is a member of the court, or a scientist etc..He was so kind to run for all the Doc's..If he peeks in, we all thank you!! :rocker:

I agree. It's an unresolved case of a murdered child. I've followed unresolved cases for years longer than Caylee's case, and I doubt there will ever come a time that I will apologize for it.

---------------
Hi RR0004, first off I hope you boo boo is doing well. I wish MuzikMan was here also. I'd love to know who he is. I am sure he isnt an ordinary man as you and I are ordinary people I think he is a member of the court, or a scientist etc..He was so kind to run for all the Doc's..If he peeks in, we all thank you!! :rocker:
Boo boo is getting better. :)
oxoxoxoxo

Boo boo is getting better. :)
oxoxoxoxo

What happened? I got pulled away from the forum most of the summer, so I am really out of the loop, ((RR0004)).

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks! Enjoy turkey day, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn