Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just targeting the employer based on the deep pockets theory..
It's beyond me why would anyone want to hire him?

Agree - and maybe she was drinking after her shift ended??? I think that's pretty common in the bar industry crowd.

Thanks rossva,

http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/835...chef-killed-in-hit-run/#.URqv80E9v8U.facebook

Baez is the attorney for the family in the Civil lawsuit
Eldest son separately filed a law suit, not sure who the attorney is.
Baez is also the Victim's Advocate in the criminal case....

The criminal case from what I can gather is one of drunk driving, and fleeing the scene.

From the sounds of it they are suing Nikki Beach Night Club, who is/was the employer of the 20yr old female driver, alleging that they allowed her to drink while working and that she's underage.

Baez said he's uniquely qualified in wrongful death cases because of all his forensic evidence experience
He follows that up with this statement when they mention waiting for Toxicology reports to come in
"It's pretty easy to connect the dots here, you don't need Toxicology results to add on to the evidence that's already there."

HUH???. As a criminal defense attorney, he just stated toxicology reports are not needed...basically just connect the dots.

As the Victim's Advocate and attorney for the wife, I would expect him to demand the toxicolgy reports.

Colour me confused.
BBM

Thought that was junk science Jose! Convenient that it's forensic evidence when it benefits him... :what:

Thanks ZsaZsa - wondered what he was up to - so the infamous Defense Attorney is reduced to ambulance chaser?

So sort of come full circle - kind of like hanging around the booking desk at the cop shop...:waitasec:

bbm
seems so

Agree - and maybe she was drinking after her shift ended??? I think that's pretty common in the bar industry crowd.

O/T and last post on this unless we have a thread opened up elsewhere on WS.

Her Tox report is out...3x the legal limit
She had just left Nikki Beach club after finishing her shift..the club closed at 5am and she hit him around 6am

Ironically, Nikki Beach is named after the founder's teenage daughter who was killed by a drunk driver.

IMO - It's all about ratings. There is no doubt Baez is a controversial "guest" - but does Dr. Phil really care whether or not the public likes who he is featuring as long as it brings his show attention? I don't think so - and often a very negative reaction to an individual is a bigger reason to bring the public to watch. It's all about numbers.

Look at amazon.com and Baez's book. I imagine decision makers at Amazon care nothing for the quality of his book, but are impressed there are how many active discussion threads - (about fifteen last time i looked ) plus book review after book review up to 515. It makes no difference at all if the book reviews are false or extremely critical - what they care about is the number of clicks on their site. So even those with good intentions who want the truth known about the quality of his book by giving book reviews and discussions are actually helping to promote both amazon and Baez. IMO :moo:

One thing - again IMO - we can take comfort from - is for Baez - the blood money/fame he expected and desperately wanted isn't coming his way.

Yes, he gets his face on a number of media spots. Is it bringing him new business? Do we hear about job offers for him or high profile cases he is trying or even low profiles cases? Does he even have an clients at all?

I think he is beginning to realize that his infamy has made him a legal spectacle instead of a legal treasure and all of his chanting "I won - I'm the best" has him standing in front of a door that will never open for him.

Too bad I have no pity in my heart at all for him and the life he has created for himself. Again, all IMO

Do you really think he realizes his infamy has made him a legal spectacle? He always seems so cocky and full of himself with his constant smirk and cocking of his head. We all know it, but I have to wonder if he is too much of a narcassist to figure it out.

Do you really think he realizes his infamy has made him a legal spectacle? He always seems so cocky and full of himself with his constant smirk and cocking of his head. We all know it, but I have to wonder if he is too much of a narcassist to figure it out.

Oh I think so - he's been faced with financial chaos, a big "No" from the big media sites he's hoped would hire him as a legal analyst, he is continually pounded by the public, and the criminal defense star career he thought he'd gained has ended up with him doing personal injury cases. He personally invested what must be a good sum to publish his book when no publisher jumped to put it out there for him - and here we are six months later with B&N consistently running his numbers at 70,000 novelrank. Sure he can manipulate Amazon but my "guess" is his bank account doth not "overfloweth". :great: I see that smirk as a nerous tic - like the person who laughs when they are really embarrassed.

IMO he's very aware of social media and knows what his peers think of him, and how much negativity he reads out there. but I agree he thinks if he keeps pushing he'll get where he wants to be. I'm just not a "believer". We know what happens to "one hit wonders".....

I guess he STILL has to promote his book in order to generate sales

From the Dr Phil website
Friday - February 15, 2013

Casey Anthony's Attorney: What He Wants to Reveal to Dr. Phil

It’s been a year and a half since a Florida jury found Casey Anthony not guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee — a verdict that stunned many — and Casey Anthony is still making news. Recently, Casey reportedly filed for bankruptcy, and there are reports that she reconciled with her father, George.
Dr. Phil sits down with Casey’s former defense attorney, Jose Baez, who discusses his book, Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story. Baez weighs in on the most recent headlines and shares what he says he wants the public to know but couldn’t say during the trial. During opening statements, Baez made claims that George molested Casey when she was a child —a claim George denies. Knowing Casey's history of lying, does Baez stand by his accusation? Or, did he knowingly misdirect the jury?
And, Baez says he knows how Caylee really died — hear his theory.
Plus, in an exclusive interview, John Bradley, a prosecution witness whom Baez accused of perjuring himself on the stand, speaks out for the first time on television. If you’ve been following one of the most infamous trials in America, don't miss this show.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:waitasec:
How do the words "HE KNOWS how she died" and "Hear his THEORY" go together?
Either he KNOWS or he doesn't there is no THEORY when you KNOW something to be true.
:twocents:

IMO...IF he had anything new to reveal he would go back and edit the book, 2nd Edition, and then he'd go out to promote it to increase his sales...

In regards to John Bradley and the Cacheback software and the chloroform searches
Baez accused him of Perjury but IMO he did not knowingly Perjure himself or set out to commit perjury unlike a certain female defense witness

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ues/-/13479888/13131848/-/9bi3bm/-/index.html

"The Canadian software designer said he notified detectives and prosecutors before the end of the trial and even offered to fly back to Orlando at his own expense to correct the testimony. He said the offer fell on deaf ears.

WESH 2's legal analyst Judge O.H. Eaton said U.S. Supreme Court case law and the rules of professional conduct required prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick to notify the court if false testimony was presented.

A statement from the State Attorney's Office said both sides were aware of the issues.

"Court records show that the defense was completely aware of the issues, utilizing these facts at trial," the statement said.

According to the state, the prosecution talked about the issue with defense attorney Jose Baez on June 27.
"

----------------------------------------------------

John Bradley came to Orlando and testified, He was asked to READ from the report created by OCSO , a report he had not seen before nor had previous knowledge of its contents.

NOTE: there were 2 different Reports..The first report used the software NetAnalysis( 1 search for chloroform found) and the 2nd report used CacheBack version 2.8 RC2. The OCSO encountered problems running his software and he spent 3 days getting it to work. That the report wasn't turned in until after the trial began

He decided to run the software again, he said he realized there was a discrepancy in the search results when a member of the OCSO forensic computer dept testified. This prompted him to run the search again....that is when he found the error

He notified LE and the SAO office about it and was willing to come back and correct his testimony.

The SAO released a statement that the Court Records show that the Prosecution talked about the issue with Baez on June 27 and that the Defense was completely aware of the error.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_casey-anthony-trial-chloroform-new-evidence

"We tried to get the state to enter into a stipulation to advise jury that there was an error," says defense attorney Cheney Mason. "The state wouldn't agree to it. They knew it was wrong, and they did nothing to fix it."

There probably was a good reason for that. The computer records indicate someone searched "chloroform" right after going to a MySpace page." Had there been a guilty verdict, this may have been grounds for reversal.

There have been allegations that prosecutors withheld Bradley's disclosure from the defense.

But the State Attorney's Office denied this in a statement, saying prosecutors notified Baez of Bradley's correction.

If so, Mason says he didn't know about it. But he offered praise for Burdick's ethics and said he had great respect for her.

Baez isn't returning calls.

--------------------------------------
Mr Bradley retained Michigan Lawyer, Gregory W Mair, to represent him. Mr Mair sent a letter to Lawsom Lamar and issued a Press Release on behalf of John Bradley and CacheBack.

---------------------------------------
Some info about it from Huffinton Post at the link below and the Press Release doc is included in the article..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/20/anthony-trial-witness-john-bradley-backtracks_n_905119.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:waitasec:
How do the words "HE KNOWS how she died" and "Hear his THEORY" go together?
Either he KNOWS or he doesn't there is no THEORY when you KNOW something to be true.
:twocents:

IMO...IF he had anything new to reveal he would go back and edit the book, 2nd Edition, and then he'd go out to promote it to increase his sales...

respectfully snipped...

Exactly Intermezzo = either he KNOWS or he HAS A THEORY!! :waitasec:

So, did anyone watch dr. p?? WHAT is his THEORY?? :floorlaugh:

oh, :seeya: hi Jose!! jerk.... :fence:

respectfully snipped...

Exactly Intermezzo = either he KNOWS or he HAS A THEORY!! :waitasec:

So, did anyone watch dr. p?? WHAT is his THEORY?? :floorlaugh:

oh, :seeya: hi Jose!! jerk.... :fence:

BBM
It airs today, Friday Feb. 15th...

IF I am home and decided to watch (I haven't watch in years) I would be interested in hearing what John Bradley of CacheBack has to say.

BBM
As opposed to the Defense experts Baez was trying sooooooo hard to get to testify at trial, The Eikleblooms, who were trying to set up a Lab in the US.

Or the other people on the Defense team who had books published that they were promoting during their brief stay as a member of OCA's Team...

Or Baez himself, being quoted early on in the case, saying I knew when I took this case I'd be on the 11 o'clock news......
he was a rookie lawyer and needed cases and exposure to promote himself and his law firm.....good or bad coverage, depending on your view point,he was seen on TV gave interviews and continues to do so.

Pot Meet Kettle....

Am I the only one expecting jb to swope in on some passengers of that cruise line?:seeya:

OK...took my girls shopping and we got home just in time for the Dr Phil airing...soooooo I watched it.

I will admit I did enjoy the show and I gave up watching not only this show but many others years ago.

Hmmmm should we have a separate Thread to discuss this show???????

Dr Phil does ask some good questions, Baez defends himself
Knows Casey is a Liar
Believes/Hopes Casey gets some kind of help
Baez said the psychologists told him she was suffering from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) Dr Phil disagrees
He regrets the strain this case had on his family
Dr Phil questions if Baez had a good faith basis to accuse George...Baez says Yes.
There's more but I did not take notes and would like to watch it again or read the transcript..

Dr Phil asked the State Attorney's office for a comment regarding the error with the chloroform searches and they sent the Dr Phil show a statement which is supposed to be found on his website.

I am very glad Dr Phil invited John Bradley to appear on the show to allow him to speak and let it be known that he did not commit perjury or fraud and did all he could to rectify the error of the 84 searches on chloroform but no one showed him any support...

OK...took my girls shopping and we got home just in time for the Dr Phil airing...soooooo I watched it.

I will admit I did enjoy the show and I gave up watching not only this show but many others years ago.

Knows Casey is a Liar
Believes Casey gets some kind of help
Dr Phil questions if Baez had a good faith basis to accuse George...Baez says Yes.

I am very glad Dr Phil invited John Bradley to appear on the show to allow him to speak and let it be known that he did not commit perjury or fraud and did all he could to rectify the error of the 84 searches on chloroform but no one showed him any support...

SOOOOOOOOOO how'd Caylee die?????

Caylee supporters and warriors are out in force on Dr. Phil's facebook page discussing Baez. I put in my 2cents.

Knows Casey is a Liar
There's more but I did not take notes and would like to watch it again or read the transcript..

What was it he wanted to reveal on the show?
Let me guess- he's as big a liar as his client! Baez version of a good faith basis- his client who is a pathological liar told him so.

Knows Casey is a Liar

also wanted to thank you and say God Bless for being able to watch it---I still have problems with both Dr. Phil and jb

also wanted to thank you and say God Bless for being able to watch it---I still have problems with both Dr. Phil and jb

Thanks Zoey
I have submitted a request to open a NEW THREAD to discuss the show

I haven't watched Dr Phil in years but I was more interested in hearing what John Bradley had to say to that is what motivated me to watch...

From my point of view, the show wasn't that bad, ...Dr Phil asked some good questions, and Baez defended himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike