Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton also asked Judge P to stop baez from personally greeting the jury each day, and he allowed it to continue. We all know that had an effect on them because the jurors who spoke out felt compelled to talk about it. They said that they liked baez and that he greeted them every morning whereas (boohoo) the State attorney's didn't.

I still can't believe they even mentioned that in their post verdict interview. Was it really THAT important?

I agree with you, LG, on many points. The jury is, ultimately, responsible for this rape of justice.

But I believe there were many actions within the court that fed the jury's unreasonableness. And this one we were able to document, while you deemed a small thing, helped them to add up to their unjust decision.

You had asked if there was anything HHJP had done that was specifically wrong ~ that we could document. This is one thing. Small, as you say, but exemplary, IMO, as to how he ran his court during this trial. (Thank you Intermezzo for the back up link!!!) There are many more incidents where HHJP did or didn't take action to run the tight court that I expected, from his reputation, to run.

I do not believe HHJP is entirely responsible for the horrendous outcome of this trial but I feel sure his attitude and many decisions certainly had a huge impact on how the jury voted and the ultimate outcome of the trial.

And as far as "laying blame" goes ~ I think we all try to figure that out. Even you have, apparently, decided to lay it at the jury's door. We should analyze who made the mistake so that it might not be repeated in the future, not so much to make us "feel better." (Although I like that, too.)

I believe the blame should be shared by many, including HHJP.

I agree with you ExpectingUnicorns - I would have liked HHJP to have kept a very tight rein on Baez's antics - and we have come full circle in our discussion from a question I asked last week.

I didn't like Baez or his crass "reality show" courtroom manner - and so I am biased in my beliefs. I thought he constantly "misbehaved". I spent most of my time listening to him and "holding my nose".

So - my thought process when I know I am biased in favor of one thing over the other is that I look for "real justification" for my beliefs beyond my personal "I want it this way" preference and stubbornly refusing to budge. Kind of like the Lion in the Wizard of Oz who sings "If I ruled the world"....which is a phrase I often use....

So the question I asked was - is there legal precedence for HHJP to rein Baez in? Or was what he was doing within the bounds of "legal behavior" in the courtroom?

So far no one has offered anything up besides personal beliefs and although I have spend spare time searching including re-reading all of Richard Hornsby's post during the period leading up to the trial and during the trial, I haven't found anything to back up my thoughts.

I am the first to admit I know little of the actual law -so until I can find some justification for criticizing HHJP despite his expemplary reputation and handling of the verification of the evidence etc., am I just stamping my feet and sulking or do I actually have proof?

That's been my own personal search and question....heaven knows I'm accused often enough in real life of being a redneck....

Ashton also asked Judge P to stop baez from personally greeting the jury each day, and he allowed it to continue. We all know that had an effect on them because the jurors who spoke out felt compelled to talk about it. They said that they liked baez and that he greeted them every morning whereas (boohoo) the State attorney's didn't.

I still can't believe they even mentioned that in their post verdict interview. Was it really THAT important?

It appears it was THAT important...to the P12. I was thinking it was just Baeazs smarmy used car salesman persona..but this bunch fell for it.. :banghead:

OT - I love seeing all the names pop up and stopping into chat

:seeya: I have been over at the ArIas trial but I do stop in and light a candle for Caylee on WolfMom's thread and regularly thank her for keeping her thread going.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm having great difficulty pairing NG and HHJP on the same television screen. Although I can't quote any statements from HHJP, I am under the impression that he was far from approving of all of the media hoopla and resented the circus atmosphere it created. It required him to make the change of venue and IIRC he also constructed detailed plans to contain the media in certain areas during the trial.

And let's face it ~ NG is the face of sensationalizing criminal trials. So I am totally baffled as to why HHJP would even consider being a guest on her show in particular. It seems such a counter intuitive move to me.

Kinda like Billy Graham choosing to be interviewed by Howard Stern. I'm not implying good/bad ~ more oil/water. I just don't understand HHJP's motive. What prompts his message and why now? If one disapproves of what someone (NG) is doing ~ then why endorse that as a means to publicize one's own message?

And, yes, HHJP did let us down. He was not perfect and did not live up to his own publicized rules. For example: "12. Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of a witness, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited." (http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/04/judge-belvin-perry-jr-to-preside-at.html)

For me, there is no question that some of his rulings made a difference in the outcome of the trial. I think appealable issues may have weighed heavier for him than they should have. I believe it is possible that may have tempered his heretofore strictness to court behavior in favor of presiding over a trial that had no holes for appeal. I felt he was strict with the prosecution but not so much with the defense and Casey.

Does he have regrets? Is that why he's going to the media? And NG ~ of all people? I just plain don't get it at all!!!!!

:dunno:​

When I saw him the only thing I thought was the reason he was going on right now was because the Jodi Arias verdict was coming. He wanted to try to get his two cents into that jury perhaps!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

It appears it was THAT important...to the P12. I was thinking it was just Baeazs smarmy used car salesman persona..but this bunch fell for it.. :banghead:

Or they were just turned off by Ashton's smarmy arrogance.

I know - you are probably right. But when I consider all the hundreds of pieces of evidence, the intricate hearings and motions pre-trial and all that went on - this behavior to me seems a small thing.

I believe the fault lies directly in the laps of the jury members, who appeared to switch off any existing gray cells they may have had the moment they walked into the courtroom.

What if he had admonished her? This jury believed she was an innocent mother grieving. For all we know - they would have leaned even more towards the defendant.

We don't like the verdict. We believe a murderer has gone free. Trying to lay blame for me isn't going to make me feel any better. That verdict was bad and always will be.

True, But Casey would have been livin' bella vita in prison.

She's trapped in her own personal hell since being acquitted. She can't go anywhere, people know who she is etc.

Did you see how she acted when she had to go to court for her BR hearing?

She hated the cameras flashing in her face.

I, for one am glad they made the decision they did. Casey can't live a normal life anymore and I love it.

Jose Baez will be on Piers Morgan tonight on CNN 9pm.

rossva: "Jose Baez will be on Piers Morgan tonight on CNN 9pm."

Thanks - I will make sure to stay away from CNN tonight.

LOL - I might look at the news tomorrow to see what I can find - Piers isn't known for his pleasant and conciliatory attitude and maybe, just maybe he wants a piece of Baez....maybe we'll get lucky!

She's trapped in her own personal hell since being acquitted. She can't go anywhere, people know who she is etc.

I, for one am glad they made the decision they did. Casey can't live a normal life anymore and I love it.

Thank you Iluvmua, I am also on the team of folks that is convinced she is NOT out there somewhere having a good time - maybe more like a rat down a hole in a nest somewhere - afraid to face the light....and yes, that was no Kim Kardashion style fan club that was waiting for her at the courthouse....

I received a text alert a little while ago. The Orlando Sentinel has a new article. Her civil attorneys have filed a new motion. They are now claiming the HHJP has now made it impossible for her to get a fair trial due to his interview where he said there was enough evidence to convict. I can't link from my phone but it is at their website.

I received a text alert a little while ago. The Orlando Sentinel has a new article. Her civil attorneys have filed a new motion. They are now claiming the HHJP has now made it impossible for her to get a fair trial due to his interview where he said there was enough evidence to convict. I can't link from my phone but it is at their website.

She does not deserve a fair trial...... BOO HOO, she should have not killed her child.

I hope she does not get a fair trial.

Anybody have that photo where Casey is in the car and she's sheilding her face from the camera flashes?

I'm in the opposite camp; I think she relishes attention, however she can get it. I think what she hated was Mason getting her round her neck in a half-nelson and dragging her into the courthouse, messing up both her hair and her red-carpet moment! She showed up all tricked out with a new hair color and matching nail polish, and Mason missed his cue or something, raining on her parade. lol

As long as someone else is paying the bills, I think she's as happy as a clam. For now. Eventually the gravy train will derail and the confinement will chap her behind, but I really doubt that she's "suffering" right now.

And anyway, who cares? She didn't end up discarded in a swamp, her bones scattered by animals, her mother and grandparents literally living off her memory. A pox on them all.

:stormingmad:

I can't believe he talked about this case knowing she still has so many civil cases filed against her, and the BK still outstanding! He just handed them grounds for genuine complaints and more whining!

Me too! I stopped watching Piers Morgan after the last time he had Mason on, and had that sympathetic chat with the murderer... he would walk over his mother's face to get an interview with Casey!

I can't believe he talked about this case knowing she still has so many civil cases filed against her, and the BK still outstanding! He just handed them grounds for genuine complaints and more whining!

HHJP may have had some reason for doing this now, and I don't believe it had anything to do with seeking celebrity. Maybe something is up... and this was a preemptive strike. Seems he just did one show and that was that, its not like he made the msm rounds like everyone else has done.

I hope it pi$$es OCA's team off to no end, and it compells them to have to write a bazillion more motions - all free of charge for their best gal OCA!

I could listen to anyone calling OCA guilty and likening JB to a used car salesman all day long.

Originally Posted by FLmom777

I agree! Perry did way more that Judge Stan Strickland ever did!
With the civil suits still pending [Zenaida, Kronk, TXEquuSearch], and the bankruptcy case, and there was still the option for FCA to take her Appeal to the Florida Supreme Court - the expiration date for that Appeal had not passed when Perry did his media spot.
What was he thinking?

I'm in the opposite camp; I think she relishes attention, however she can get it. I think what she hated was Mason getting her round her neck in a half-nelson and dragging her into the courthouse, messing up both her hair and her red-carpet moment! She showed up all tricked out with a new hair color and matching nail polish, and Mason missed his cue or something, raining on her parade. lol

As long as someone else is paying the bills, I think she's as happy as a clam. For now. Eventually the gravy train will derail and the confinement will chap her behind, but I really doubt that she's "suffering" right now.

And anyway, who cares? She didn't end up discarded in a swamp, her bones scattered by animals, her mother and grandparents literally living off her memory. A pox on them all.

:stormingmad:

It was reported that when she got inside to the bankruptcy hearing, she was all chipper and giggly and playing with her attorney Green's tie .... she was lovin every minute of the "Casey show"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname