Sidney & Tammy Moorer, Indicted on conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, 25 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was confirmed according to this article that SM was at Lee where the riots happened.

"Sidney Moorer, the Horry County man convicted of obstructing justice in connection with the case of missing woman Heather Elvis, was also serving time at Lee Correctional Institution."

http://www.wect.com/story/37965777/...t-lee-correctional-institution-had-local-ties

:clap:

:cheer:

I'm thinking SM wants a transfer, and he wants one now!!

(Again, not sure if these riots are even have anything to do with any of this, but it SURE is interesting timing!)

It was confirmed according to this article that SM was at Lee where the riots happened.

"Sidney Moorer, the Horry County man convicted of obstructing justice in connection with the case of missing woman Heather Elvis, was also serving time at Lee Correctional Institution."

http://www.wect.com/story/37965777/...t-lee-correctional-institution-had-local-ties

"We are working to find out if he was one of the 17 inmates injured during the riot. Moorer is projected to be released in 2021."

:thinking:

I'm gonna be Negative Nellie here and not get my hopes up. I think this could all just be a nothing burger.

Please prove me wrong!

I'm gonna be Negative Nellie here and not get my hopes up. I think this could all just be a nothing burger.

Please prove me wrong!

I'm feeling the total opposite, Im like practically like jumping up and down here, seriously. These are major charges and I don't the DA would go forward without soooomething, specifically as related to TM, moo. Again, I'm not good with legal stuff here, but I feel BIG MOVEMENT! Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm really thinking somebody's singing, or there is new evidence, etc. Moo.

Interesting quote from this article in 2017:

Will 'certainty of punishment' for Sidney Moorer help crack Heather Elvis' disappearance?
By Andrew Knapp Sep 10, 2017
https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_34b6caf6-9269-11e7-b6ad-2330245ef29b.html

"With parole, Moorer is likely to serve only half of his 10-year sentence. But that term will pass slowly, and the man who might hold key answers in the case will have time to ponder his future, said Fran Humphries, a Myrtle Beach lawyer and a former chief deputy solicitor in the 15th Circuit.

And from behind bars, Moorer will await retrial on a charge of kidnapping the 20-year-old Elvis. That could net him another 30 years.

“There is now certainty of punishment for him and a foreshadowing of what might be in the next trial," Humphries said. “He’ll have time to consider that while he’s incarcerated. Does that change his mind about talking to police? Does that change his position of innocence?”"

But it's got to be more than just conspiracy to commit kidnapping! I mean, what about murder??? Even if he is "singing" to get the some privilege, why would they just charge TM with kidnapping....I mean maybe SM for talking, but how about murder for her?? Unless he won't go that far...Anyway, at least there's some movement! And I bet the riots had a lot to do with it...I bet that wimp is scared ****less.

Also from the above article in 2017:

"The Aug. 30 guilty verdict for Moorer on an obstruction of justice charge was uncommon in South Carolina. Over a five-year period that ended June 30, 800 such cases were filed statewide, and only seven prompted guilty verdicts, according to the S.C. Judicial Department. Most often, the charges are dropped before trial.

It’s a type of prosecution often used to break open investigations that have gone cold, and the charge sometimes becomes leverage against key players in missing-person probes, attorneys said.

The tactic has been employed elsewhere. Earlier this year, a potential subject in Brittanee Drexel’s presumed abduction from Myrtle Beach pleaded guilty to an unrelated charge, which his attorney called a fruitless bid to squeeze clues from a man who had none."

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_34b6caf6-9269-11e7-b6ad-2330245ef29b.html

The most active pro-Moorer FB pages (which I think is the Mrs. herself) seems to be thinking this is because of newly uncovered digital correspondence between the deadly duo. We shall see.

But it's got to be more than just conspiracy to commit kidnapping! I mean, what about murder??? Even if he is "singing" to get the some privilege, why would they just charge TM with kidnapping....I mean maybe SM for talking, but how about murder for her?? Unless he won't go that far...Anyway, at least there's some movement! And I bet the riots had a lot to do with it...I bet that wimp is scared ****less.

This is interesting and I know what you mean...it's like they can only address the first half of the puzzle...

Maybe he's not singing? Sigh...

The most active pro-Moorer FB pages (which I think is the Mrs. herself) seems to be thinking this is because of newly uncovered digital correspondence between the deadly duo. We shall see.

This would make sense...

But "newly discovered"? This is odd...

Can you please link her facebook page? Tia. It should be legal here I think per TOS since she is named in the indictment.

This would make sense...

But "newly discovered"? This is odd...

Can you please link her facebook page? Tia. It should be legal here I think per TOS since she is named in the indictment.

Newly discovered is my phrase. For example, I wonder if they could have recovered deleted Facebook messages between the two or even snapchat or something. Who knows.

I can't link it because it's an anonymous page, but you can look it up. It's called Unofficial: Monopoly.

Also from the 2017 article:

"“The obstruction of justice charge is a way to get people talking, like the robbery charge was for my client,” lawyer Mark Peper said. “Most of the time, it works. But when the guy doesn’t know anything, the case usually gets kicked. That’s what should have happened in the Drexel case.”"

Newly discovered is my phrase. For example, I wonder if they could have recovered deleted Facebook messages between the two or even snapchat or something. Who knows.

I can't link it because it's an anonymous page, but you can look it up. It's called Unofficial: Monopoly.

This is interesting....I think to myself but why now years later, but I realize that forensics and technology advances so rapidly that maybe this is also the case with data recovery, etc.

Quick question

Is it HE that was supposedly eaten by gators or Britnee Drexel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question

Is it HE that was supposedly eaten by gators or Britnee Drexel?

There has been speculation about both. Brittanee's case moreso than HE case.

I do remember discussions and speculation that even in HE case they may have found a place where gators were known to be but there was nothing to substantiate it. Just speculation.

In Brittanee's case it was thought of as a real possibility.

Didn't see this article posted yet, unless I missed it...

Legal experts say Moorer indictments may allow for more evidence

http://wpde.com/news/local/legal-experts-say-moorer-indictments-may-allow-for-more-evidence

....gal experts. One of them, Billy Monckton, a partner at Monckton, Hembree and Humphries Law Firm in Myrtle Beach, said the indictment for conspiracy to kidnap appears to be strategic for prosecutors.

All a conspiracy is is an agreement between two people to do an unlawful act," he said in his office, Monday. "When you throw that 'conspiracy' in there, then it can allow certain pieces of evidence to possibly come into the trial."

New evidence, Monckton said, that could give the prosecution more room to work.

more in the article.

"Inmates complained in lawsuits that South Carolina’s prisons are home to “uncontrolled violence,” where there are far too few guards, cells are left unlocked and gangs “run free and commit whatever crimes they want within the institution without fear of punishment,” according to some of the 160-plus lawsuits filed against the state Department of Corrections since 2015."
*much more at link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rising-states-slash-budgets-guards/545299002/

Hmmmm...maybe you guys are onto something...perhaps he has some things he would like in prison (move to a better cell/unit, etc) in exchange for his testimony. Whatever the case, this is all huge and I am thrilled (as we all are...funny, even Mark Redwine had supporters...)

Eta / link re: riots for reference:

South Carolina prison riot leaves seven inmates dead
16 April 2018
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43786325

Eta: In which correctional facility is SM?

He's an inmate at Lee Correctional - the same prison where the riot occurred last month.

So...in any case there is the examination of motive, means and opportunity...

If there was "conspiracy to commit kidnapping", what was the motive?..it would haaaave to be murder, considering she hasn't been seen since then. Unless they try to claim accident or who knows what...

When I see a full moon I often think of Heather.

Eta: was it ever established what those bruises were from?

Somewhat off topic, but wanted to let everyone know that Heather's sister, Morgan Elvis, is competing in the Miss SC pageant. The finals are on June 30. Would love for this family to have some good luck this year.

So the main question...
Where is Heather? And will SM (IF he is the one singing) reveal what on earth they did with her? Could he have already revealed this?? Perhaps she is not (easily) recoverable, like maybe in the ocean...Just thinking out loud...

Could there also be stuff going on behind the scenes as related to her recovery?

BBM - I'm of the opinion that passed away dad got rid of Heather and neither one of them know exactly where she is. That's why TM so arrogantly continues to proclaim innocence...they may have not even been with her when she died.

One good thing with SM in prison TM has no clue that he isn't talking and she doesn't have him under her control. Hope LE can use that to their advantage. I know there are several prison ministries that visit prisons, in fact there's a local church around the corner from me that goes to Lee on a regular basis, maybe SM has grown a conscious and wants to do the right thing. His attorney requesting the status hearing started the ball rolling. I bet TM is going crazy. I'm in a private fb group and it was said that TM is long overdue a facebook rant. You know she's about to blow OR she's scared to death the truth is coming out. It's unusual for her to not spin any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member