Sievers Sidebar #5

Would someone like to research the status of the Siever's home at 27034 Jarvis Rd., Bonita Springs, FL 34135? Rumor that it has been obtained by HUD & being sold for 149K. I don't find anything that shows this house has been released to sell. Thank you :)
Correct me if I’m wrong but are you local? Any indication the house is on the market? TIA!

zillow is NOT an accurate tool. Its a very generalized estimator. All prices 'got up' in FL during season. I've not seen the house on any site (i'm a Realtor) and have not seen docs to show its released, however not all are up to date online at all times. If it sells for 149k, that is VERY cheap and i'd expect its going to go to someone without every being listed.... who works with the bank etc. And must be horrible inside.

Correct me if I’m wrong but are you local? Any indication the house is on the market? TIA!

I spent the last few days there (on Jarvis), but do not live in Bonita...my family does. One neighbor told me it is on the HUD sight and that she saw it herself listed. I can't seem to find it... the appearance of the Siever's home is just awful now...it will take a LOT of work and $$ to make that place livable...and that's only if you could live in a home where a horrifying murder took place. It's so sad in so many ways.

I spent the last few days there (on Jarvis), but do not live in Bonita...my family does. One neighbor told me it is on the HUD sight and that she saw it herself listed. I can't seem to find it... the appearance of the Siever's home is just awful now...it will take a LOT of work and $$ to make that place livable...and that's only if you could live in a home where a horrifying murder took place. It's so sad in so many ways.
I have family in Bonita too and will be there late next month. Despite my best efforts, I am never able to do a drive by because I just can’t bring myself to do it. Assuming there are mold inside and weeds but hoping to put on my big girl panties and look it over. I appreciate your reply! Thanks!

That site just posts anything that is shown going into foreclosure. Its a site that makes people pay for lists. Doesn't mean the house will actually be sold thru a bank.

That site just posts anything that is shown going into foreclosure. Its a site that makes people pay for lists. Doesn't mean the house will actually be sold thru a bank.
Since you’re a realtor, would you please mind keeping us up to date on the listing and/or foreclosure status? What shape do you think the house is in?! I know someone who may be interested in purchasing contingent upon the condition. Thanks!

Since you’re a realtor, would you please mind keeping us up to date on the listing and/or foreclosure status? What shape do you think the house is in?! I know someone who may be interested in purchasing contingent upon the condition. Thanks!

It should show up on Realtor.com or Zillow as soon as its entered into the MLS. HOWEVER some banks give it to a specific agent who could have a buyer ready if it truly is a 'steal'... and many never make the MLS any longer. I'm in Sarasota County, so it may be a bit different there, but i have access to their MLS. If there has not been electric on, i guarantee mold is growing everywhere. You can't have a house down here with no electric shut up all summer. Neighbors may know if electric has been turned on or not. I know i'd never buy a home that sat that long without electric. Mold could be on every beam inside the walls, attic, roof, etc.

It should show up on Realtor.com or Zillow as soon as its entered into the MLS. HOWEVER some banks give it to a specific agent who could have a buyer ready if it truly is a 'steal'... and many never make the MLS any longer. I'm in Sarasota County, so it may be a bit different there, but i have access to their MLS. If there has not been electric on, i guarantee mold is growing everywhere. You can't have a house down here with no electric shut up all summer. Neighbors may know if electric has been turned on or not. I know i'd never buy a home that sat that long without electric. Mold could be on every beam inside the walls, attic, roof, etc.
Wonder if whoever the purchaser is will demolish the home and rebuild?

I wondered the same thing! If I recall correctly, the house was built on two lots because that is what Mark wanted. Hopefully the house is salvageable, although I’m not sure who would want to live there with the history. Seems like maybe the mortgage holder may have been aware of the situation and kept at least the electricity on to prevent mold issues.

Where I lived in MN, the banks did not keep the heat on or drain the pipes of homes in foreclosure.

The house my daughter sold for $189.000 a few years ago went for $46,000 because the pipes were all burst when the bank seized it in foreclosure. That is a huge job to fix.

For a few minutes of work, the pipes could have been drained and antifreeze put it in. People with lake summer homes in MN do that every year. It is not rocket science.

Why banks do not take care of property is beyond me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back