Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know,the OSBI isn't obligated in any way to release information for the purpose of pacifying folks who think they are intitled to know every detail in a case.Furthermore,the negative comments directed at any branch of law enforcement is most disrespectful...as is anyone who bullies others that don't go along with their opinions.Luckily,most folks had good values instilled into them growing up...like having respect for authority.Sadly,some folks didn't have that kind of guidance.Then there are some who just have a beef with LE no matter what.

Well, at least no one can say I started any rumors on here, or raised any false hopes. Almost all of my Mom's rather large family was/is LE, dating back to the 1920's. In high school, two local LE agencies actively recruited me. Several of my closest friends are LE/PIs. Good thing no one thinks I have a beef with LE "no matter what." Or questions my values.

Respect for authority is a good thing, but when authority isn't doing the job, observers tend to lose respect. It's fair to say that all posters here want this case resolved now. Excluding my posts, there has been some minor criticism of OSBI here. Still, most remain optimistic for a positive conclusion, despite some very questionable tactics on the part of OSBI. Several of my posts dealt with these tactics, and still, fourteen months later, no arrests.

For months, I have written scores of letters to newspapers/reporters, national news media personalities, and even some famous authors, trying to drum up interest in this case. (How's that for good values?) In response, there were maybe two "thank you" notes, unsigned, and rather form-letter in content. I'm still trying, though.

In addition, in recent months I have met several people online in the Weleetka area and beyond. Some are doing a very good job in collecting, and verifying, information. Some of them used to post here and/or elsewhere. There is some very credible information that has not yet made it to the forums. Nothing definitely proves any of the theories that abound here and elsewhere, however, they all seem to point in the same general direction. There are several reasons why these people don't post. One reason is that they suspect the killer(s) read here and elsewhere. But there are other reasons...

I will ask some of them to join and/or come back to share what they have learned. Some of it is very sensitive indeed.

Rather than rehash the numerous points of contention from my previous posts, it might be noted that in JB's presser on 6/08/09, a reporter asked her about suspects and she said they have none. That is beyond belief. How can they have no suspects, yet need only "one piece of information" to close the case? Does anyone else see a big problem here? My apologies to all those I have offended with some serious criticism of OSBI from last October through June, but it is right there in front of them. They can't crack these knuckleheads?

So they disposed of the guns and aren't bragging about shooting children, and they win? They get away with it? JB - Tell the community what you know about the second gun and the community will tell you who had one. They're gun people - they know.

How can they have no suspects, yet need only "one piece of information" to close the case? Does anyone else see a big problem here?

I also thought this was odd. What does it mean?

Unfortunately this situation is not that uncommon. I've been reading about the hunt for the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway. What a debacle. I think Gary could have dropped the bodies at the police station at high noon and they still wouldn't have caught him if it hadn't been for the advent of dna testing.

Maybe the one piece of missing information here is a confession.

I agree with XPA. If LE would release more info on the 2nd gun, this case would probably move along to the point of an arrest being made. With that being said, it has been over one year and LE has not chosen to not release that info. Chances are, they will continue to hold that info. close to "their chests".

In Sept. 2008, I had the opportunity to visit w/ Oklahoma LE. We discussed this case. The LEO that I spent time with told me that releasing the 911 call was a HUGE point of contention amongst OSBI. Reason being, there was incriminating evidence on the 911 call. They (OSBI) released a small portion of the call in hopes of "emotionally jarring" someone to call OSBI and give more information. I believe reviewing the 911 call (the portion released to the public) is worth the time and effort.

1)Who is the small child that can be heard in the background of the call?
2)Who was the parent of a small child?
3)Who was dating a parent of a small child?

Those people were at the crime scene. Or at the very least they were at the home of the Plackers. Who were they and why have they not come forward with their opinions on this case?

DNA - Yes, LE has stated they have DNA and have tested many people for a match. IMO, the DNA is going to be inconsequential due to the fact that any DNA that is found will be and can be easily explained away as belonging to people who were close to the girls. DNA will not solve this case. Strong forensic evidence of a more traditional type will solve this case. As always, this is just my opinion.

Good Day.

Unfortunately this situation is not that uncommon. I've been reading about the hunt for the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway. What a debacle. I think Gary could have dropped the bodies at the police station at high noon and they still wouldn't have caught him if it hadn't been for the advent of dna testing.

Nice post! Gary had been on their radar screen since early on but they just could not believe it was him. Looks like the same thing here.

From my first post on WS (which was actually December, not October as stated earlier), I had compiled a statistical analysis of the area using local maps and data from the 2000 census. Allowing for a slight increase in population over the missing eight years, I estimated that in the 400 square miles surrounding the crime scene, there reside 300 Native American men between 25-44 and 500 White men between 18-24. In August of last year, OSBI stated that they had logged 10,000 man-hours in this investigation, not counting the efforts of other LE agencies. My point was that they could have spent eight hours with each man in those two groups and still have had 3,600 hours left over. That was as of a year ago. It is highly unlikely that they have not spoken to the killer(s). They may have missed the POI but he has to know he's being sought.

For those who question the existence of the POI, he exists. Make no mistake about that. The official description of him might not be 100% accurate, but he was there, probably monitoring activity at the house. There were also more than a couple of others in the area around the time of the shooting, including relatives of one of the girls. In the aftermath, several family members gathered at the scene for at least the 20 minutes it took before 911 was called. Further, at the sound of approaching sirens, a few of them jumped into a van and hurried away. Again, I hope to persuade some people with more knowledge about these and other events to speak out.

It is understandable that LE may have trod lightly around grieving family members in the first few days or weeks. Their grief, especially Peter's, seems so genuine. But there comes a time when the tough questions have to be asked, and answers have to be given. Your little girl gets shot up just beyond your front yard and you have no idea why? It's possible, but...

No one will know for sure until they have the guns.

Re: my post about them not being home, I thought I read somewhere a while back that they weren't home that they were at Walmart but who knows. So know, it hasn't been established as a fact but you know - what the heck has been established as a fact?? The fact that 2 girls were gunned down in broad daylight and that's it. How could they see footprints in the gravel road? If they could, then what other foot prints could they see? And the 911 call was incriminating?? Boy I'd like to know more about that one. Two innocent girls are dead and no one seems to know who or why. I'm calling bs. Someone knows something. Obviously.

If the 911 tape has incriminating evidence then that sure suggests to me a crime that is very close to home.

If XPA Magnet's info is correct that also points to a crime very close to home.

But if that is the case, how do you get two shooters? I can see one person in a situation like this but two people? What kind of a can of worms are we talking about here? Did some kind of conflict happen that very afternoon and the girls were caught in the middle? If that is the case shouldn't there have been evidence of more activity around there that afternoon?

If the 911 tape has incriminating evidence then that sure suggests to me a crime that is very close to home.

If XPA Magnet's info is correct that also points to a crime very close to home.

But if that is the case, how do you get two shooters? I can see one person in a situation like this but two people? What kind of a can of worms are we talking about here? Did some kind of conflict happen that very afternoon and the girls were caught in the middle? If that is the case shouldn't there have been evidence of more activity around there that afternoon?

There is so much more that points in the same direction!

Although Ruflossn has an excellent point about the 911 call, there is the possibility that V, in her shock and dismay, named anyone and everyone who had ever even given them a dirty look. On the other hand, publicly naming someone might lead to vigilante action. OSBI probably wanted no part of either possibility. Still, a very good post.

The two-shooter theory obviously comes from two guns. There are a handful of possibilities, some very logical. ArizonaGigi started a thread on this and did an analysis using trajectory dolls and the autopsy reports. It was excellent, but it should be taken a step further. By omitting the exit wounds and using two colors (one for the Glock, one for the other gun), one might get a clearer idea. It would take some trial and error, since some of the wound descriptions suggest either weapon, but it just might shed some light. Anyone willing to try?

One of the many theories: with so many people living in such small quarters, everyone knew each other's business. Something was going on that day: Uncle Joe driving past (without stopping to say hi), maybe to another family gathering down the road a ways; the POI watching the house; another vehicle in the driveway with at least one man milling about...all within a short time beforehand. Afterward, the dog flees to the safety of the bridge rather than to the safety (?) of home. And stays there. Had there been a confrontation at the house before the walk? There is hard evidence that T had monitored the drug use of one of the other residents, and speculation that it had been a point of contention between the two. Months after the family moved out, a "stash" of sorts was found hidden away that suggests: outsiders were there to get something. When it could not be located, T was blamed. It was a huge problem, and without P to protect T away from the house...Pressure was mounting because the second person (an outsider?) was really leaning on the first (an insider?) to produce. Stakes were high. The first shot may have been an accident (not my thinking; I think it was an explosion of rage) but in any event S had to go, too. That last shot, after the first fusillade and the clumsy coups de grace, means so much...but what?

Hopefully, people who can verify the facts therein will do so, while the theory remains very debatable. But again, there is a whole lot more that has yet to surface.

With the recent announcement that the reward is up to a conditional $160K, why has no one come forward with the "one piece of information"? I'm going to take another look at those conditions, and some other aspects relating to the victim fund that came from OK. Wish me luck. There is also information concerning one of the families using a bodyguard lately. Perhaps one of the locals can elaborate for us.

Is the Parking Lot still the area where we are to post "rumors"? I just left that forum and the thread on the Skyla and Taylor is "closed". Can someone please, direct me to the proper area / thread to post "rumors". I am so confused.......... :)

Thanks in advance ~

Is the Parking Lot still the area where we are to post "rumors"? I just left that forum and the thread on the Skyla and Taylor is "closed". Can someone please, direct me to the proper area / thread to post "rumors". I am so confused.......... :)

Thanks in advance ~
When the Parkling Lot Moderators closed that thread I think it was for good. You'll have to check with them.

Re: my post about them not being home, I thought I read somewhere a while back that they weren't home that they were at Walmart but who knows. So know, it hasn't been established as a fact but you know - what the heck has been established as a fact?? The fact that 2 girls were gunned down in broad daylight and that's it. How could they see footprints in the gravel road? If they could, then what other foot prints could they see? And the 911 call was incriminating?? Boy I'd like to know more about that one. Two innocent girls are dead and no one seems to know who or why. I'm calling bs. Someone knows something. Obviously.

...of the puzzle to work with...
1. 2 young girls are murdered.
2. shot multiply times with 2 weapons.
3. found laying on the side of a road.

We all can see these pieces in our minds, and the surrounding area.

If someone can add a fourth piece that pertains to the girls on that day, at the crime scene, that would be something to add and work with.
Not asking for LE to add something, that would hinder, or have a negative effect on there investigation. Just something that we can see in our minds, and add that to the above.
Just asking to add a fourth piece found to be certain and fact on that day, and proven connected to the two girls......perhaps working outward, from the two girls, we can go farther out and into the investigation itself.

When the Parkling Lot Moderators closed that thread I think it was for good. You'll have to check with them.

If the rumor thread is no longer in existance, where are we to post information that falls under the 'rumor' heading?

It is the standard of LE everywhere to use that same line. The PCSO in the Cummings' case recently used the same phrase word for word. They need just ONE piece of information to solve the case. :rolleyes: EVERY case only needs that one piece! It is a confession or the perp handed to them on a silver platter. I don't understand why people fall for that line anymore.

I believe this is what's called a conundrum.

I believe what you wrote ~ is exactly correct!
That was funny. Thanks for the laugh Albert18.
It has been a long day. The comic relief was appreciated.

There is so much more that points in the same direction!

Although Ruflossn has an excellent point about the 911 call, there is the possibility that V, in her shock and dismay, named anyone and everyone who had ever even given them a dirty look. On the other hand, publicly naming someone might lead to vigilante action. OSBI probably wanted no part of either possibility. Still, a very good post.

Pertaining to the 911 call, I was thinking more along the thoughts of VP asking certain questions about who may have been in, near or around their house on the day the girls were killed. For example:

Where is __________?
Does anyone know where _____________ is?
Is _____________ hurt?

I do not think that VP had the presence of mind to begin questioning who would have had motive to kill the girls. It is more likely, she was in a survival type of adrenalin rush and was wanting to know where all her loved ones / family were. LE would not have wanted that released because it would have given more info as to who was involved in the lives of the girls on the day they were killed. When listening to the 911 call, you can clearly hear the voice of a young child. That is probably one thing LE did not want released to the public. But, sighting the priciple of "Greater Good", they decided letting the public hear the voice of the young child was the lesser of 2 evils. As always the above post is my opinion only and is not based on any facts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,387201,00.html
The following is an excerpt of a 911 phone call made by a relative one of two girls found shot to death on a rural Oklahoma road on June 8, 2008. Investigators hope that releasing the tape will help lead them to those responsible for the murder of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11. Officials have not released the identity of the relative who made the call.
911 OPERATOR: … Emergency.
RELATIVE: Somebody’s killed two girls on — My daughter, my grandbaby and — her friend. I’m on County Line Road.
911 OPERATOR: What happened down there?
RELATIVE: I don’t know. They went for a walk and they’re both, they’re dead.
911 OPERATOR: Your daughter’s dead?
RELATIVE: They’re dead!
911 OPERATOR: Your granddaughter?
RELATIVE: Yes and my, her friend
911 OPERATOR: Ok. Where’s this at ma’am? Stay calm.
RELATIVE: I’m on County Line Road.
911 OPERATOR: Which County Line Road?
RELATIVE: On Bryant Road.
911 OPERATOR: On Bryant Road?
RELATIVE: Yes, … oh my God, I’m having an, I don’t know, help me please.

911 OPERATOR: OK ma’am I need you to stay calm so we can get out there to you ok?
RELATIVE: OK.
911 OPERATOR: Let me pull my map and try and find out where you’re at.
RELATIVE: Route 1, 185.
911 OPERATOR: OK. We can’t look them up with the routes.
RELATIVE: Oh, please, please, please, please, please! Lord, help me, please.
911 OPERATOR: OK. Just stay on the line with me.
RELATIVE: Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God! My God, my God, my baby!

Going back to listen to that tape is heartbreaking. :( I reviewed it again several times. It is definitely a child's voice. Didn't we have a longer version of that call at one time?

I have often wondered if she wasn't at the scene and looking at the bodies when she made that call. There is something in her voice. It wouldn't make any sense considering the stories, but is it possible?

Originally posted by Ruflossn:
In Sept. 2008, I had the opportunity to visit w/ Oklahoma LE. We discussed this case. The LEO that I spent time with told me that releasing the 911 call was a HUGE point of contention amongst OSBI. Reason being, there was incriminating evidence on the 911 call. They (OSBI) released a small portion of the call in hopes of "emotionally jarring" someone to call OSBI and give more information. I believe reviewing the 911 call (the portion released to the public) is worth the time and effort.
To me for something to be considered incriminating on the tape...it would incriminate either the caller or a person with the caller at the scene, imo.

On July 30, OSBI announced that the reward fund had grown to $160,000. Although little more than three weeks have transpired since, no one has come forward with that "one piece of evidence" to close this "solvable" case.

Last year, both of the families received a check from the Oklahoma Crime Victims Compensation Board. Although it was a substantial amount (perhaps it should not be revealed here), it surely was a pittance compared to their loss. It is safe to assume that the recipients had to sign a release form of some kind, explaining the terms and conditions of the payments. The Act legislating this board is online, and it includes a misdemeanor penalty for fraud (up to one year and/or up to $1,000 fine). It might be interesting to review a blank form like the families had to sign. Does anyone have any ideas how to get one? Specifically, does it include possible prior or subsequent events that would cause forfeiture of the payment? More specifically, might some connection to the crime be one of them?

If that is the case, it might inhibit someone who had benefitted financially from this tragedy from coming forward, or someone whose relatives had benefitted.

One family took the payment, bought a vehicle, and applied a large portion to the reward fund (see OSBI's website for anonymous donor information). They are united in their quest for justice. They talk openly about the case to friends, family, the media, and even strangers. The Father stated publicly that they will never move from the area despite their sorrow.

The other family spends a lot of time at the casino. They have travelled with a bodyguard lately. They mostly stick to themselves and absolutely refuse to talk about the case. Of course they moved away from the scene of the crime, but they may be planning another move. When they moved, they left behind two young male family members with criminal records and bad tempers, both known to carry guns and do drugs. One went to jail for beating up his girlfriend, and the other was eventually homeless (he may have been the person squatting at the old P home after it was vacated).

There are eyewitness reports that the scene was full of family members in the time frame immediately after the shooting, and that some of them fled before authorities arrived, including the two aforementioned gentlemen and a possible female witness (as per the disputed bootprint). Twenty minutes is a long time to wait before calling for help.

Who could collect the reward? If anyone was at the home late that afternoon, there are potential witnesses, who probably know that the guns are long gone and without their testimony, the case is weak. They wouldn't get the money until after the conviction, if they lived to testify, and if there's no conviction they're likely the next victims. Would you like to testify against these people? Suppose one person close to the case put two and two together, then maybe cleaned house to protect three women (one a possible witness). He really just might want someone else to come forward, so that the other family would have justice and he doesn't have to provide it, thereby putting himself and his own family at risk.

It's all moot. From the lack of arrests it can be gathered that no one (with the right information) is talking. From OSBI still refusing to ID the second gun, and thus learn from outsiders who had one, I gather this case will never be solved. Despite 14 months of pessimism, nothing would be better than a couple of murder convictions (and a few for obstruction), but reality beckons. If not those convictions, then maybe someone in LE coming forward to name who's responsible for botching this whole thing, and how, and why. How in the world can a very small number of unsophisticated, neanderthal thugs (shooters, possible witnesses, and those who may have figured it out) keep the combined resources of LE's finest at bay?

One thing that has always bothered me about this case is when one of the parents said, "They've killed them" or words to that effect. It struck me at the moment that they knew who had done this. That still nags at me.

~snipped~

There are eyewitness reports that the scene was full of family members in the time frame immediately after the shooting, and that some of them fled before authorities arrived, including the two aforementioned gentlemen and a possible female witness (as per the disputed bootprint). Twenty minutes is a long time to wait before calling for help.

I know I have missed a lot on this case and you have helped to update me on a few points I did miss. Thanks~ Your post also gives me a lot of food for thought.

Speaking of witnesses on the scene, I remember the grandmother describing the wounds, a sheet, and some man with her at the time supposedly while at the scene. Does anyone remember this?

Who are the other people at the scene? Can you name them because I don't have a clue about the two aforementioned gents and a possible female witness.

Why is the bootprint being disputed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members