Small but touching tribute by the Anthony family to Caylee

I doubt very much that today would be a day for the Anthony family to be creating tributes on a website. On a day when their granddaughter's passing has been confirmed to them, do you honestly expect that they would have the heart or courage to get on their pc and work on that page?

That someone took even a few moments to post a photo with years of birth and death shows an acceptance on their part, and I would imagine that in days to come there will come a time when something more moving will be created. Until then, and especially on this day of all days, sensitivity and understanding is very much in order.

As dysfunctional and wacko as they have acted, I think it's undisputed that they loved Caylee and they must be so heartbroken and devastated right now. I worry so much now for GA who said he was going to kill himself but for that he needed to find Caylee.

The fact that they are acknowledging and accepting today's news is enough of a tribute, IMO. It could be worse, they could still be denying it is her and off posting pictures of other sightings. I am sure that they are feeling quite devastated and hopeless today, and my heart breaks for them. I worry about GA and suicide, too.

Well, I wont necessarily think that is a TRIBUTE.

But, I think it's a tremendous gesture, considering how certain they were she was alive this past 6 months. Acceptance takes time.

I hope people can give them a little space and cut them some slack right now. I feel they deserve that.

My first post... I hope it does not rub anyone the wrong way...

It seems like some might think the tribute on the Help Find Caylee webpage is lacking. I just want to point out that these people are grieving; they are suffering one of the worst losses any person can bear. I lost my 13 year old son Hayden suddenly in June of 2005 and it took many weeks for me to be able to bear going through all his pictures and making a tribute website for him. It took me nearly four months to finally decide on a headstone for his grave, and it was not set until six months after his death. It is still painful for me to to say his name or look at his pictures, although the tears do not always fall as they did for so long.

The point I am trying to make is this: everyone grieves differently and there is no set "timeline" for putting up tributes etc for the deceased. We should all try to keep that in mind.

no vid. just the picture, and the dates.

"that's it?" - what more do you want.. a video of cindy dancing a jig?

they're devastated... i think what they have done is simple, touching, and says everything that needs to be said at this time.

I don't see anyone expecting a CA dance.
Some of us just don't see a "tribute" as implied in the thread title.
Just aknowledgement and the dates signifying a closure..
Yes, of course they are devastated and are now beginning thier grieving process.

It seems like some might think the tribute on the Help Find Caylee webpage is lacking. I just want to point out that these people are grieving; they are suffering one of the worst losses any person can bear. I lost my 13 year old son Hayden suddenly in June of 2005 and it took many weeks for me to be able to bear going through all his pictures and making a tribute website for him. It took me nearly four months to finally decide on a headstone for his grave, and it was not set until six months after his death. It is still painful for me to to say his name or look at his pictures, although the tears do not always fall as they did for so long.

The point I am trying to make is this: everyone grieves differently and there is no set "timeline" for putting up tributes etc for the deceased. We should all try to keep that in mind.

((((Kelli)))))))) I am so sorry you lost your precious Hayden....

Thank you so much for your post. I completely agree. My heart is breaking for the Anthonys.

Rest in Peace sweet Caylee Marie...

The 2005-2008 says that they have accepted that she is deceased now.

Just seeing that on the webpage tears my heart out. I wonder if it was Cindy who made the change. If so, it was probably one of the most difficult things she's ever done in her life.

I don't see anyone expecting a CA dance.
Some of us just don't see a "tribute" as implied in the thread title.
Just aknowledgement and the dates signifying a closure..
Yes, of course they are devastated and are now beginning thier grieving process.

trib·ute Listen to the pronunciation of tribute
Pronunciation:
\ˈtri-(ˌ)byüt, -byət\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English tribut, from Latin tributum, from neuter of tributus, past participle of tribuere to allot, bestow, grant, pay, from tribus tribe
Date:
14th century

1 a: a payment by one ruler or nation to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of protection ; also : the tax levied for such a payment b (1): an excessive tax, rental, or tariff imposed by a government, sovereign, lord, or landlord (2): an exorbitant charge levied by a person or group having the power of coercion c: the liability to pay tribute
2 a: something given or contributed voluntarily as due or deserved ; especially : a gift or service showing respect, gratitude, or affection <a floral tribute> b: something (as material evidence or a formal attestation) that indicates the worth, virtue, or effectiveness of the one in question <the design is a tribute to his ingenuity>

granted a picture on the internet has no "value," but i'd venture to say this fits the definition of a tribute.

How damn tacky to judge the tribute!

I really feel so damn sorry for the Anthony family. They are so damned if they do, and damned if they don't. They're attacked for not recognizing Caylee's death, now they're attacked for recognising it!

The dates are poignant and reflects the suffering that not one of us can understand, it also perhaps very importantly reflects that the grieving stage has begun.

You can judge the Anthony family for one heck of a lot, but it's damn low and unclassy to judge them for this, for the way that they are grieving. Low. Low. LOW.

What a kind and thoughtful post from someone who can truly understand the immense pain this family must be in at this time. I wish them as much peace and privacy as they can possibly have during the next few weeks as they deal with this tremendous tragedy. I think maybe your own precious son has been showing Caylee around heaven for the last few months and introducing her to his angel friends!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Anthony family. No one should have to endure what they have been through in the past six months and what is to come when the trial finally begins.

Caylee - You are God's child now, a little angel up in heaven. May you rest in peace sweet baby girl.

It's great to see they've accepted it. I might have done the same thing.... waited until there was positive ID of remains before accepting.

It's great to see they've accepted it. I might have done the same thing.... waited until there was positive ID of remains before accepting.

I agree...I've always felt that I couldn't blame them for holding out every possible hope...they loved her so very very much...

Who wouldn't? Their love for Caylee kept them from accepting that she was gone. Why anyone faults them for that is beyond my understanding.

What a kind and thoughtful post from someone who can truly understand the immense pain this family must be in at this time. I wish them as much peace and privacy as they can possibly have during the next few weeks as they deal with this tremendous tragedy. I think maybe your own precious son has been showing Caylee around heaven for the last few months and introducing her to his angel friends!
i agree ..

How damn tacky to judge the tribute!

I really feel so damn sorry for the Anthony family. They are so damned if they do, and damned if they don't. They're attacked for not recognizing Caylee's death, now they're attacked for recognising it!

The dates are poignant and reflects the suffering that not one of us can understand, it also perhaps very importantly reflects that the grieving stage has begun.

You can judge the Anthony family for one heck of a lot, but it's damn low and unclassy to judge them for this, for the way that they are grieving. Low. Low. LOW.
hey i dont judge them .. i feel so terribly for them in spite of whatever they have done or havnt done .. its over now . they lost thier angel .. they held her loved her ... they knew her . and i know if they could rewind and not let caylee go with casey that awful day i know they wouldnt have let her go .. they will live with that forever ..

Okay, one more time...speaking for myself I am NOT judging the A's at all, not my place. Just pointing out the thread title lead me to believe I might find something at the site, I looked to the video and saw nothing, thought maybe I was not seeing what others might have seen at the video link.

In fact I would think it strange if they did put up something other that what they did so soon. The birth and death year is poignient enough.

I need to get off this thread before it gets combative.

They must be hurting so much right now. 'Caylee marie 2005-2008' :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back