Snake Bites Woman Walking Through Wal-Mart Garden Center

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has been so interesting..

Thank you Mama and Ocean! I am snake phobic as well ..... My father is so I am guessing that is where I got it from.

BhamMama said:
Not all vipers have retractable fangs, some are not hinged at all. Viperdae are the only ones that fold their teeth up. That's because they are longer than other fangs and the snake has to retract them or risk being punctured by their own fangs.

There are three types of venomous snakes: opysthoglyph, proteroglyph and solenoglyph.

Solenoglyph have large, foldable front fangs rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths are all vipers with retractable fangs.

Thank you. Yes I used retractable fangs as all of our really dangerous snakes here are vipers such as rattlesnakes or moccasin varieties.

I think anyone would know if they are bitten they should seek immediate attention.

I remember when my dog got bitten we didn't see the snake but I had just been out there and I heard him yelp and went running. Now thank goodness he is 110 pounds of raw muscle and in excellent health because when I saw those two blood trails on his cheek I was scared to death. I had never seen then or since fang marks that wide apart! The Vet said that this snake had to be a granddaddy to pack such a wallop and leave such a wound. The snake hit him straight on..direct shot but he made it but if I hadn't been here I dont think he would have lasted 30 minutes as he was in immediate distress.

Never did find the snake...guess he moved on which was fine with me. I hate snakes.....they remind me of evil, something sinister. But thats just me of course lol. Dont like spiders or snakes.

I live on 25 acres so I know they are out there and that is fine...as long as they stay away from my family and my pets I dont care.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
I remember when my dog got bitten we didn't see the snake but I had just been out there and I heard him yelp and went running. Now thank goodness he is 110 pounds of raw muscle and in excellent health because when I saw those two blood trails on his cheek I was scared to death. I had never seen then or since fang marks that wide apart! The Vet said that this snake had to be a granddaddy to pack such a wallop and leave such a wound. The snake hit him straight on..direct shot but he made it but if I hadn't been here I dont think he would have lasted 30 minutes as he was in immediate distress.

Never did find the snake...guess he moved on which was fine with me. I hate snakes.....they remind me of evil, something sinister. But thats just me of course lol. Dont like spiders or snakes.

Ocean
You are so very lucky you got to him quickly! Glad he's okay now.

I don't like venomous snakes as I know how dangerous they can be. I don't want a pet that I'm afraid of as you can make mistakes if you are afraid. I've been bit more than once but thankfully mine are non venomous. It was totally my own nearly everytime. When they get ready to shed the skin over their eyes glaze over. To grab their food I hold it down in front of them and they either strike it or grab it, they missed and my hand was bitten. I should have used tongs or something as I knew they couldnt see well. Just imagine though if they were venomous and I had done such a stupid thing. Too risky. I also don't have small pets as any can be dangerous to keep around them.

I have four pet snakes. While I do not call what they have in their mouths fangs, I will tell you that a snake bite from any of the three largest ones is very painful and their teeth are plenty long enough to sink in and hang on.

Perhaps they aren't called fangs when they are in the snake's mouth and he's sunning himself, but they are called MANY names when they are sunk into your arm and you're hollaring out in pain. :-)

My fourth snake is a baby, and when he strikes, he forgets to open his mouth - so that doesn't hurt. :-)

GlitchWizard said:
Perhaps they aren't called fangs when they are in the snake's mouth and he's sunning himself, but they are called MANY names when they are sunk into your arm and you're hollaring out in pain. :-)
I agree! rofl!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back