SoCal Earthquakes

I have to post this.. you guys are having an earthquake and you are typing as much during.. that's gotta be true Californians! =) Glad you all are okay!!

haha. I waited to see if it was "the big one" and then it was over :)

I have to post this.. you guys are having an earthquake and you are typing as much during.. that's gotta be true Californians! =) Glad you all are okay!!

Soooo true! Love my Cali peeps! HOLLA! lol :D (nothing on CNN, etc. so musta been an earthfart really...)

No, we didn't feel it but have been through them (not as much as Cali) so we were guessing... lol

Whew...was wondering if I should check with my DD in Nevada if it was reaching that far out!!!!

USGS says the quake was a 5.9 mag, 22 mi from El Centro.

Hope all WS CA'ers are safe.

Just tried calling 2 of my brothers who live in Cali, and their phones went right to voice mail...are we sure everyone is okay? TIA

I am under a table with my laptop ,water, and dehydrated food.

that was kinda a fun one.... lol we rocked a lot in orange county

They are never fun for me--my house is built into the earth on a hillside in a canyon (ala Frank Lloyd Wrightish) and it's always worse for us! Don't hear sirens so I think it's all good. Head feels a little whoozy so I am signing off! Good night all!

Are you being truthful or joking? Sorry, I've never experienced an earthquake.
Blizzards and tornados, but not earthquakes. Sirens? What does this mean? Where I live sirens call in the volunteer fire department?

LOL.....I'd ask for pictures of that, but PLEASE don't go after a camera right now!!!

O/T Air force base shut down MCDiLL??? due to some kind of truck full of weapons approaching gates....on Cnn now.
Corrected to MacDill near Tampa I believe.

They are never fun for me--my house is built into the earth on a hillside in a canyon (ala Frank Lloyd Wrightish) and it's always worse for us! Don't hear sirens so I think it's all good. Head feels a little whoozy so I am signing off! Good night all!

oh yikes... night

God bless you! You can keep those nasty things - I'll take my hurricanes ......well NOW I guess we'll call them OILCANES over an earthquake anyday!!!!

Still getting those aftershocks. Or maybe I'm imagining things.
I thought you did get earthquakes up there, Kimster. Sorry, but I'm not going to with one your way! I don't mind them, but I've never been through a bad one. If furniture was falling over, my attitude would be quite different!

OMG!

I just wanna' say, I'm a native Californian. I've been through a LOT of quakes. But this one, skeeeeereeed me, for shir!

I lived in LA area during the Silmar Quake, 1/2 our office couldn't come to work. I moved from Calif for about 8 years, and boy! have I felt the wrath of the earth ever since!I came back!:eek:

This quake definitely felt stronger than Easter, but it wasn't. Of course, Easter lasted ehhhhh.................at least 40 seconds, this one lasted ehhhh.....2 or 4 seconds. But it was........................intense! :eek:

We've been feeling quakes the last few days. Saturday nite I was upstairs watching a movie with my daughters and wammmm! LOL, cats are more scaredy than we are.

Anyway, my daughter and I are trying to figure out "what was our plan?" LOL, hide! :))))

JMHO
fran

Someone posted on the Kyron thread that sirens didn't go off? I am from the 'those evil Soviets are going to kill us all days" and sirens = get inside a bomb shelter.

In my town they also =big fire-volunteer firemen go to the fire

In Okla=run for the cellar, Dorothy!

What do sirens mean in California?

5.9 centered near Santa Isabel.

earthquake.jpg

Are you being truthful or joking? Sorry, I've never experienced an earthquake.
Blizzards and tornados, but not earthquakes. Sirens? What does this mean? Where I live sirens call in the volunteer fire department?

I've been through all 3: Blizzards, tornadoes, earthquakes, and oh yes, a hurricane. Earthquakes of that magnitude are old hat out here. It was moderate, but not as damaging as they could be. The most terrified I've ever been was a tornado! Blizzards? Meh. Hurricane? It was a long drawn out "tornado"... all hype and getting ready, although violent, but tornado was worst. HTH! lol

I agree, Fran...this one shook me up. I'm in Normal Heights, and we were definitely rockin'. It felt like a stronger jolt than Easter Sunday. I've only lived in San Diego for a couple of years, and I thought I was moving away from the earthquake zone (I used to live in Long Beach).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back