South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks muchly zweibel and Prime for all the updates. Sneha has been a good witness so far, refusing to let VZ trip her up (even though he's trying very hard!!). Sneha comes across as intelligent and honest. I hope the judge is paying attention, because the picture Sneha is portraying is that of a very rocky relationship. Put that together with the gay surfing just before the honeymoon (so addicted he couldn't just stop for a few days??), and the alleged poor treatment of Anni when her family wanted some time alone with her, and it doesn't seem as if he had genuine feelings for her at all. Not that that makes him a murderer, but it doesn't make him the loving and caring husband he wants us to believe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-over-wife-s-murder&p=11107860#post11107860
kevinjohnbrandt ‏@kevinjohnbrandt 3m3 minutes ago
Judge Traverso, once again addressing Adrian Mopp about technical glitches with regard to sound system. @ANN7tv

Is there a good reason why the judge should hold Prosecution counsel responsible for courtroom tech problems?
Or do we have another judge who is biased and can't hide it?
Excuse me for being suspicious, but, well, you know .....

If she was taking Roaccutane, then not only would she not have been trying for a baby, she wouldn't be allowed to. Women of child bearing age (even single, celibate ones) must be taking contraception at the same time as Roaccutane because the risks to the embryo are very significant.

I've just remembered I meant to comment earlier on SD planning Anni's funeral on a spreadsheet! Holy cow, that's just crazy! Who does something like that?

I am looking forward to the evidence that Mbolombo will testify:

Mbolombo will also be a key state witness in any trial of Mr Dewani. He gave police a statement that implicates him. SA officials offered him a deal by which he would escape prosecution in return for “truthful testimony”. Five hours before the murder, Mbolombo posted a message on his Facebook page in the local Xhosa language which read: “You are plotting against me, but there is bigger trouble coming for you.” At the time he worked at the Protea Hotel Colosseum in the Century City shopping mall on the outskirts of Cape Town, but he left 17 days after the murder.

It also emerged that another suspect linked to the killing of Mrs Dewani, Monde Mbolombo, is from East London in the Eastern Cape, close to where Dr Raghavjee was killed.

SA National Commissioner General Bheki Cele said police are also investigating a link between Mr Dewani and the 2007 murder of Dr Pox Raghavjee in King William’s Town, 650 miles from Cape Town. At the time, police ruled out robbery as a motive because neither his car nor valuables were taken. Following the murder of Mrs Dewani, Heather Raghavjee, the doctor’s widow, flew to Cape Town to offer comfort to Mr Dewani. One of Dr Raghavjee’s sons lives in Bristol, the same city as Mr Dewani’s family home.

http://m.iol.co.za/article/view/s/11/a/36561

I suspect this is where Dewani at least got the idea from to get Anni murdered by hitmen in South Africa.

It also emerged that Shrien's parents had visited East London and King William's Town last year, while there are also unconfirmed reports that Raghavjee's other son, England-based businessman Krischen, and Shrien are close friends.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2010/12/13/cops-probe-dewani-link-to-raghavjee-s-murder

Shrien Dewani has been 'cleared' of allegations that he murdered a second person in South Africa by the private investigator hired by the doctor's wife to re-examine the case. Christian Botha has rubbished claims by the South African police that Mr Dewani was involved in killing the Dewanis' family friend Dr Pox Raghavjee in 2007. Mr Botha revealed that he has established a clear motive for Dr Pox's murder – and he said that it was 'nothing to do with' Mr Dewani. The detective said: 'I can't go into detail about what I have uncovered, as this case is at a very sensitive stage. 'But I can tell you that Dr Pox was killed because he was about to expose some criminal activity. He stumbled upon something and was about to report it. 'It was something very close to home. But it was nothing to do with his wife and nothing to do with Shrien Dewani.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urdered-second-person-2007.html#ixzz3GijV5lRo

Justice for Anni. Given the facts I am concerned that SD will get off scott free. Seems to be circumstantial largely, but I believe these circumstantial facts build into a strong case that SD set Anni up for slaughter, because he was a selfish and weak person. JMO
Hooly

News24 ‏@News24 57m57 minutes ago
Sneha compares her honeymoon with Anni's - Anni said things were "better" than before, "not that she was having a great time"

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 48m48 minutes ago
VZ: Dr's notes say there were no prescriptions for Anni. Accused will tell the court she stopped taking roacutane in August.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 42m42 minutes ago
VZ: The records show 2calls from that number to you. 14/11 & 15/11. These are the only calls to your number. correct?

kevinjohnbrandt ‏@kevinjohnbrandt 35m35 minutes ago

VZ, why did you not mention it, in light of you saying Anni would not have wanted to go to the townships #DewaniTrial @ANN7tv

News24 ‏@News24 22m22 minutes ago
Sneha not wavering under pressure from VZ - insists that she thought his behaviour was strange "together with everything else"

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 17m17 minutes ago
Sneha cries as she recalls Anni's body. Says she can carry on. Accepts an adjournment

News24 ‏@News24 4m4 minutes ago
Court due to resume #DewaniTrial -

Anni's cousin Sneha broke down in tears remembering Anni's funeral and how she helped dress the body

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
VZ: I apologise that I have to do this. SM: No, it's alright, sir. I understand

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago
Sneha repeatedly apologises for becoming emotonal on the stand. The Judge assures her its okay.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews VZ: The body was swollen and stiff. Can you comment on that? SM: Yes, it was

VZ: He was very finicky that everything has to be perfect. Her sari was not straight. SM: Yes he straightened it.

VZ: Point is that he was full of nonsense. Everything had to be right. SM: Yes, My Lady

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 47s47 seconds ago
VZ: Have you seen a dead body before, being dressed, bangles being put on? SM: It was my first time

VZ: So, you were upset because this is someone who was like a sister to you. SM: Yes, My lady

VZ: How did you expect him to behave? SM: I wanted to see the sadness, the grieving, the love.

VZ: The accused will tell the court that he is accused, rightly so, of being a calculated perfectionist.

VZ: As a result of what has happened to him, he lost a lot of weight. He wanted to look proper for his wife's funeral

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago
Shrien frowns as Sneha continues to insist that "everything that I saw, to me, was strange"

VZ: That is why he wanted his suits tailored. But you thought that was strange?

SM: My Lady, those were my observations.

VZ: The accused will tell the court that he had his family's support. They were not concerned about the family name..

VZ: He was engaged before & it was called off. The parents just wanted their children to be happy.

VZ: The family has had a number of break ups and divorces.

SM: I can't comment on that, My Lady. I was not there.

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago
VZ says that there were a number of broken engagements and divorces within the family, says AM wants to make out "it's a taboo"

Nashira Davids ‏@nashhannibal 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial and Dewani lost weight because of the hijacking ordeal and that is why he needed his suits tailored for the funeral.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago
VZ: You testified that the accused was non-stop on his BB & Anni wasn't looking happy. SM: Yes

VZ: Is the fact that he was on his BB strange? SM: No,he can be on his BB if he wants. He was distant. That's strange

VZ: The accused is a businessman. He doesn't have a 9-5 job. SM: Yes, if he needs to be on his BB, then that's ok

VZ: Were you aware of the renovations at the accused's London & Bristol houses? SM: Yes

VZ: He will say that he spent hundreds of thousands of Pounds on these renovations for when Anni is his wife.

VZ: And when they were in India,he bought Anni something like 100 saris for when they're in London & entertaining ppl

VZ: accused bought her eleven sari's to fill her cupboard.

SM: In our culture, the husband's family gives a couple of saris. VZ rectifies himself. Not 100, but 11 saris

VZ: the accused had almost a tonne of stuff to pack in India over a two day period after the wedding.

Nashira Davids ‏@nashhannibal 1m1 minute ago
Van Zyl made a mistake yesterday - wedding gifts did not weigh 225kg BUT 925kg!! Almost a ton. He apologized for the error.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago
VZ: He was blamed. The Hindocha family said they looked after her for 28years and he couldn't do it for 2 weeks

SM: Vinod said, "You haven't even had the chance to build your life together with your wife."

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 2m2 minutes ago
RE massage: Van Zyl says Dewani's shoulder had been sore because it was injured during the hijacking

Sneha believes Shrien's behaviour was "cold & controlling" because he ate a lot, and he wanted a massage & his suits tailored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea