Special Counsel Issues 1st Indictments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the photo op comment was directed at me. Sarcasm.

No, it wasn't about you. It was a comment about the way the WH and others in government are talking about Papadopoulos. The comment I was replying to was from simba: "Trump's people have tried to downplay Manafort's, Flynn's roles in campaign."

So the man who would resume the Presidency if Trump resigns, is impeached etc etc is not appropriate to discuss?? Would seem to be a very appropriate topic if the indictments keep on coming

Of course it's appropriate. We know more indictments are coming and it's to be expected we would speculate on who is next or not next, and who has played what role in all of this. It's not as if Pence is a victim.

Tho I enjoy discussing this with the occasional poster that wants to debate the issues, I feel the discussion has gotten so far afield I'm wasting my time. Happy posting to all & to all a goodnight.

I am curious. Isn’t this about indictments? I think the world is wondering who is going to be next. I was in Germany when the Nixon stuff happened and I remember the front cover of der Spiegel with the Watergate thing. I thought at the time, “This is big,”

This is so much bigger. The attack on democracy at it’s very fundamental roots. Scary

Yes, all the scandals since Watergate have been compared to Watergate, but I think this is the first one that is bigger. Iran-Contra was huge but it didn't bring down the government (like Watergate) and Reagan wasn't putting our entire nation in the hands of our enemy (which is what it looks like happened here).

Has anyone one very high up been charged with conspiracy against the USA before?

I am not sure who else will be implicated in this debacle. The issue of Russia and covering up any contact that was meant to procure illegal material can be far reaching because there are so many facets. There are questions about the actions during the campaign (emails, sanctions). questions about issues during the transition contact with Russians (promising of lowering new sanctions), questions about illegal or inappropriate business dealings, and, then, the questions about honesty or veracity of interviewees in the probe. Members of the campaign who are at risk in more than one area are particularly vulnerable. Members of the administration are vulnerable b/c within a given time period there are so many interactions and so much upheaval given the chaos of the WH. The chaos of the campaign and the administrations puts anyone at risk. I don't think that some who may be caught up in this (especially low level folks) can count on the administration having their back or not putting them in situations where they may be in jeopardy of perjuring themselves. It is a shame.

Pence is not the subject of this thread nor is it appropriate to question if he is involved.

Since the name was broached, I felt the question appropriate. I didn't detect the /s. If all of this starts a landslide, he'll be our next POTUS. I remember Watergate. I don't like this at all. It's embarrassing to our country and who knows how far it might roll. People have risked prison to get into those positions. They all already have money. Power was that important? Smh.

I don't understand what there is to argue about. Manafort and Gates were indicted and got new ankle wear, Papadopolous is singing like a canary but we don't know what all he knows. Those are facts. Let's see where it goes. Sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "I CAN"T HEAR YOU!" isn't going to make it go away.

Pence is not the subject of this thread nor is it appropriate to question if he is involved.

[h=1]Mike Pence sent his lawyer to meet with Robert Mueller over the Russia investigation[/h]
http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pence-lawyer-russia-investigation-robert-mueller-2017-9

There is so much criminality with the gang it is impossible to review all the material without all of them involved coming up from time to time.

MSM has generally ignored Pence -- IMO he has some very tough times ahead. We know he knew about all kinds of stuff cause he claimed it was discussed and Flynn lied.

How can someone lie about something if the other person does not know anything about it or it is being discussed?

Only psychotics have that ability ! IMO!

In essence he left a spy in the national security postion for 18 days after Yates bought data over to the white house to show them he was compromised.

She met with congress this week

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pence-lawyer-russia-investigation-robert-mueller-2017-9

NBC is reporting (Sun am!) that Special Counsel now has enough evidence to charge former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and his son in regard to the lobbying work on behalf of Turkey. Will indictments follow or will Flynn flip especially since his son is implicated? Stay tuned.

Noone is speculating about anything. Basic hard core facts have been the public domain for many many months

Efforts to freeze the dialog into one box - if you notice other threads - are fine as long as they surround MSM data introduced more than once earlier in any thread ..

Correct, but no evidence of this yet.

There are voluminous amounts of evidence about most players that obviously are all interconnected to the Muleer investigation , the indictments for conspiracy against our nation , and NOW confirmed (again confirmed) overt attempts to take stolen hacked information from the internet, from our biggest enemy,

They all are directly related to the 24 charges between the two and the detailed confession provided last MOnday

The Trump tower meeting is certainly relevant to beginning of the indictment onslaught in Mueller's pipeline.

JR himself personally acknowledged he was aware , after being caught lying that he was there, the russian spy was there , dirt on Hillary , sanctions, were all on the table

In time it came out that there was a internationally acclaimed money laundering kingpin in the meeting .

Here are just a few of the stories as it relates to meeting with Russians and discussing sanction manipulation

The eighth person [video=cnn;politics/2017/07/17/donald-trump-jr-lawyer-eighth-person-meeting-brown-erin.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/politics/donald-trump-jr-agalarov/index.html[/video]

Brought to Trump Tower Meeting Were Shared With Kremlin

Newly disclosed email sheds light on Trump Jr. meeting

https://www.google.com/search?q=eric+trump+tower+meeting&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&oq=eric+trump+tower+meeting+&aqs=chrome..69i57.5766j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Timeline: Donald Trump Jr.'s interactions

NBC is reporting (Sun am!) that Special Counsel now has enough evidence to charge former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and his son in regard to the lobbying work on behalf of Turkey. Will indictments follow or will Flynn flip especially since his son is implicated? Stay tuned.

I just read the article: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nce-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666

Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Bring Charges in Flynn Investigation
by Julia Ainsley, Carol E. Lee and Ken Dilanian

WASHINGTON — Federal investigators have gathered enough evidence to bring charges in their investigation of President Donald Trump's former national security adviser and his son as part of the probe into Russia's intervention in the 2016 election, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation.

Michael T. Flynn, who was fired after just 24 days on the job, was one of the first Trump associates to come under scrutiny in the federal probe now led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.

Mueller is applying renewed pressure on Flynn following his indictment of Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, three sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News...

I suspect that there are sealed indictments. When charges are announced, that means indictments are unsealed. Monday morning?????

I suspect that there are sealed indictments. When charges are announced, that means indictments are unsealed. Monday morning?????
It is my understanding that there aren't grand jury indictments yet. NBC story has 3 sources. Wonder why this info being leaked. They could have informed Flynn's attorney that charges are imminent so better deal.

If Flynn starts singing to the feds I hope he has info on Jared Kushner's proposed back channel with Russia. Supposedly Flynn was in meeting with Kushner, Russian ambassador when that was discussed.

Then lets critique the speaker because if Trump is impeached & then Pence is impeached then the speaker is next.

In this case, let's. It is very possible the Speaker is going down too. So we can bring in Hatch as well

I am curious. Isn’t this about indictments? I think the world is wondering who is going to be next. I was in Germany when the Nixon stuff happened and I remember the front cover of der Spiegel with the Watergate thing. I thought at the time, “This is big,”

This is so much bigger. The attack on democracy at it’s very fundamental roots. Scary

Like you read in the papers, like back in the day, this is big. I think this is really big. It is huge. It is much bigger than Watergate. Why? Because people feel it before they know it. But, like in 1973-1974, the penny drops when there is irrefutable evidence. Can't happen before then, And, then as now, as much as some know it? As much as there are sceptics? -We are just not there, yet... But something's up, make no mistake about it.

What I do think is that people are gaining awareness of the possibility that disinformation is real. It is real. It always has been, but it is so amplified now, through the internet, able to reach the masses now in a way not possible before, that it is truly scary.

-Thinking if a Twitter employee can take out potus Twitter account for how ever many minutes, what is to stop someone from declaring war?

Potus bans Muslims, trans military, lambastes London mayor after terrorist attack. He pounds Schumer, the dems, the DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA after a USA terrorist attack... All on Twitter!

What is preventing an impersonater from interfering? And, who is going to believe it couldn't happen?

Scary times America.

Like you read in the papers, like back in the day, this is big. I think this is really big. It is huge. It is much bigger than Watergate. Why? Because people feel it before they know it. But, like in 1973-1974, the penny drops when there is irrefutable evidence. Can't happen before then, And, then as now, as much as some know it? As much as there are sceptics? -We are just not there, yet... But something's up, make no mistake about it.

What I do think is that people are gaining awareness of the possibility that disinformation is real. It is real. It always has been, but it is so amplified now, through the internet, able to reach the masses now in a way not possible before, that it is truly scary.

-Thinking if a Twitter employee can take out potus Twitter account for how ever many minutes, what is to stop someone from declaring war?

Potus bans Muslims, trans military, lambastes London mayor after terrorist attack. He pounds Schumer, the dems, the DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA after a USA terrorist attack... All on Twitter!

What is preventing an impersonater from interfering? And, who is going to believe it couldn't happen?

Scary times America.

This is bigger than Watergate. Richard Painter, former ethics counsel to George W. Bush, summed it up this way: "Nixon was a crook, but he was our crook." Trump may be Putin's crook.

If Flynn starts singing to the feds I hope he has info on Jared Kushner's proposed back channel with Russia. Supposedly Flynn was in meeting with Kushner, Russian ambassador when that was discussed.

IIRC, Flynn was asking about immunity several months ago before any charges were filed. I honestly thought MF would have already flipped and was :singing: to avoid indictment. Who knows what tomorrow may bring? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads