Speedskating---Davis-Hedrick feud

Yawn.

They're both behaving like spoiled children. How embarassing for the rest of the US team - and all Americans for that matter - to have two representatives of our country act like this. Suck it up and shut up about it - both of you already.

Hbgchick said:
Yawn.

They're both behaving like spoiled children. How embarassing for the rest of the US team - and all Americans for that matter - to have two representatives of our country act like this. Suck it up and shut up about it - both of you already.

Ditto. Well said.

Hbgchick said:
Yawn.

Amen. I've been embarrased about Bode Miller's (I think it's Miller) behavior, too. The media keep saying "That's just Bode being Bode" which is a euphanism for saying "He's an a$$, but nobody can do anything about it".

So far, though I haven't followed everything, the only ones I've really liked have been the snowboarders. The little red haired guy who won seems to be humble and appreciative of everything he gets and everything everyone's done for him. The girl who didn't win, but did some fantastic stunts that only guys usually do was clearly all about her team. Maybe those snowboarding coaches need to give seminars to the other coachs about teaching gratitude, teamwork and how to represent your country in an international event.

SchnauzerMom said:
Amen. I've been embarrased about Bode Miller's (I think it's Miller) behavior, too. The media keep saying "That's just Bode being Bode" which is a euphanism for saying "He's an a$$, but nobody can do anything about it".

So far, though I haven't followed everything, the only ones I've really liked have been the snowboarders. The little red haired guy who won seems to be humble and appreciative of everything he gets and everything everyone's done for him. The girl who didn't win, but did some fantastic stunts that only guys usually do was clearly all about her team. Maybe those snowboarding coaches need to give seminars to the other coachs about teaching gratitude, teamwork and how to represent your country in an international event.
I think the snowboarders, especially the half-pipe ones, really have lots of fun, doing their thing. It has a whole different ring than the Downhill, and the Giant Slalom--those are very stressful events to compete in--and the cross-country events are just a huge amount of work. and training. Snowboard has a completely different flavor; it's unique.

SchnauzerMom said:

Yes, Shawn White, the Flying Tomato is awesome. I think Bode was highly hyped.

Let's add spoiled John Weir to the "I can act like an a$$ because I'm at the Olypmics and you're not" syndrome. He places 4th, which in my opinion is not too shabby...and storms out of the rink and blames the bus for being late, and says something to the effect of "my aura is black". Ugh, please.

kato said:
Ditto. Well said.
Thank you. :blushing:

I just get so frustrated with these athletes who seem to think that the Olympics owes them something...I always though that you go out, you compete, you win or loose based on your performance, and that's that.

So, maybe he should have skated with the team, or maybe he shouldn't have. Big friggin deal! Nobody cares but his jealous teammate, and I think that should be kept between them and not hashed out in the media. Again, just embarassing.

Hbgchick said:
Thank you. :blushing:

I just get so frustrated with these athletes who seem to think that the Olympics owes them something...I always though that you go out, you compete, you win or loose based on your performance, and that's that.

So, maybe he should have skated with the team, or maybe he shouldn't have. Big friggin deal! Nobody cares but his jealous teammate, and I think that should be kept between them and not hashed out in the media. Again, just embarassing.

They need to realize that just competing in the Olympics is an honor even if they don't medal.

kato said:
They need to realize that just competing in the Olympics is an honor even if they don't medal.
Hear, hear!!! Heck, I'd be happy with LAST place at the Olympics! Just to be able to say "I am an Olympic athlete" would be good enough for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back