Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As authorities search the Illinois-Michigan Canal in Lockport for clues in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, her family is calling for her husband to take a lie detector test.
Where is the I&M canal on the map I linked?

ETA: I always forget which side it's on. Here is a link to the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=105453785967947919432.00044029d1e0c4669bcdc

Geeze, the I&M Canal is more like a CREEK than a Canal.. LOL. There's only about 3-12" of water in it in Lockport at any given time. I think this summer it reached a height of 2-3 FEET and that was a big deal...

Isn't the S&S Canal where this ARcher's body was found -- and has it been confirmed that this was Kathleen's boyfriend?

NO, Archer was found in the Cal-Sag, which is further north and east of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal (S&S).

Jaded:

Yes, that is the same canal that Archer's body was found. That information came from itsreween, I beleive. Also, I had thought someone had found an obit with his name in it, but as a "dear friend". I might be confusing this with other information though.

No, the Cal-Sag branches off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal in Lemont near 111th Street. That is where Archer's body was found. NOT in the S&S, but in the Cal-Sag near 111th St.

It's not been confirmed and yes his body was found at the S&S Canal. From what I gather, the S&S is too far south of the current search area and is a body dumping ground dating back to Capone. A local should probably verify that though.

No, Archer was found in the Cal-Sag. Different Canal. It's a branch off of the S&S.

It would make sense. Their relationship was getting more and more strained. She might have been suspicious and not been 100% certain before that but I'll bet he threatened her with the same fate that wife #3 came to if she tried to leave. IMO but it would seem to fit.

Another thing about that article is that LE also recieved a warning about her. Which means they had 18 complaints in Kathleen Savio and 1 in Stacy. I would love to know if LE pulled Drew P in and had a chat with him. And media is taking note of all of this. Two wives of a police officer who have expressed fear of their police officer husband, two wives who have told others of that fear, and two wives whom LE was notified of problems.

The wife of a former police officer told a clergy member months before she disappeared that she feared her husband, a church official said Thursday, echoing comments the woman's sister made soon after she vanished.

Stacy Peterson requested a meeting in late August with a member of the Westbrook Christian Church pastoral staff when the church made a routine call to see why she and Drew Peterson had not attended recent services, Rob Daniels, the church's pastor of spiritual formation, told The Associated Press.

At the meeting, Peterson said "she feared for herself because of her husband," Daniels said.

He would not say whether Peterson was afraid her husband would kill her, only that she feared "bodily harm."
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hR__et2iO3_VeYZOT9vg4YOldjXAD8T7OPJ80

Now another one says it was not reported to LE

The church official who spoke to Peterson made a "judgment call" not to alert authorities and did not consult with other church staff, Daniels said. The church's clergy are legally mandated to alert authorities only of allegations of child abuse or if someone threatens to harm themselves or others, he said.

The church official made the decision not to alert authorities based on several circumstances, Daniels said, "in particular, the fear [Peterson] had for herself, not to alert any kind of authorities."
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/674456,CST-NWS-boling30.article

Search set for Stacy and Lisa
Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy's family, said they are planning to hold a candlelight vigil outside the Peterson house at 4 p.m. Saturday.

"We're not just looking for Stacy," Bosco said, mentioning Stebic.

"We don't know where this investigation will lead us but obviously there's a bigger picture here that we're all concerned about and we all want answers."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/674695,4_1_JO30_PETERSON_S2.article

Stebic family offers support for Stacy

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/674256,6_1_NA30_STEBIC_S1.article

It would be so cool if on Saturday they were able to locate both Stacy and Lisa.

Actually I don't. No one knows what Stacy's family is going through better than a family who also has a missing family member. And certainly with two missing women from the same area, combining searches makes sense as they can coordinate the areas needing to be searched, they may be able to get more volunteers, and their ultimate goals are similar.

Do not discuss other members period.

The thread is for discussion of Stacy's case and now there is an intermingling with the Lisa Stebic case. Both families are working together with searches.

Appears that chico deleted mine in reference to SS post.

But I do agree that they are two separate cases and as such should remain so.

But we can pray that tomorrow's seach will yield some results for someone's family!!!!!!!!

No, Archer was found in the Cal-Sag. Different Canal. It's a branch off of the S&S.

Illinois State Police, District Chicago Investigations is seeking assistance regarding the death of Jeffery W. Archer. He was last seen leaving his 1990 Plymouth Voyager, Illinois Registration TU5880 on October 10, 1994, at approximately 5:00 p.m. in the area of 6900 South Wolf Road, Indian Head Park, Illinois. His body was recovered on October 16, 1994, from the Sanitary Shipping Canal, one mile east of Routes 83 and 171.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/unsolveddetails.cfm?ID=22

So it was definately the SANITARY SHIPPING CANAL.

Where is this in relation to the SAG (shortened) and where they are searching at tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkme