State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cursing:A very interesting tweet on JA's twitter about an hour ago. Says she is working on a project to help support domestic violence shelters and she hope it takes off this week.

Awe...that's nice. Maybe she can endow the shelter with the Jodi Arias Fogshat Memorial Pile of Crappy Intentions Wing. :clap:

IDK, the only reason Dr. Geffner is testifying to give one more to convinced any jurors who have not made up their mind. This will be a gong show. imo

JW better not waste hours of everyone's time on his experience/education. :banghead:

I'd think he'd be re-writing his CV as we speak. After ALV putting on her CV that she was a keynote speaker when she wasn't and then Dr. D. saying she did not want to "pad" her CV this expert would be crazy not to cut his down. We know the jury has already been school on that.

I'm not sure why there is a misunderstanding (in the trial) about Dr. Horn's autopsy findings.

Dr. Horn signed Travis Alexander's autopsy on July 15, 2008 - On the 7-15-08 autopsy Dr. Horn states "Cause of Death as Sharp Force Trauma of neck and torso. Manner: Homicide."

Dr. Horn's Report of Autopsy of Travis Alexander Date of Examination is June 12, 2008. Again, it is signed by Dr. Horn on July 15, 2008. Dr. Horn writes the date 07/15/08 in his own handwriting along with his signature.

I do not know if Dr. Horn meant to write 06/15/08 and by accident wrote 07/15/08 (considering the date of examination was June 12, 2008). After examining Travis Alexander - Dr. Horn would have to wait on toxicologically results.

According to The Report of Autopsy there is about a month between the time that Dr. Horn examined Travis Alexander's body - wrote and signed his report. However, on his report Dr. Horn list the "cause of death as Sharp Force Trauma of neck and torso."

Perhaps Det. Flores was going "back and forth" between which injury came first. Therefore, Det. Flores has a memory of discussing this with Dr. Horn - and perhaps was not certain himself until his report was finalized on July 15, 2008.

I do not know. However, I once thought that Arias shot Travis Alexander first. However, after reading the autopsy and seeing some of the Medical Examiner's photos - I believe that Arias stabbed Travis Alexander first, and, that Arias shot Travis Alexander last.

Here is a link to Dr. Horn's Report of Autopsy for Travis Alexander. I hope that it is helpful. It is confusing as to why there was any misunderstanding in court about how Travis Alexander was murdered - given Dr. Horn's report.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

I'm a stab first adherent, but regardless if I was on the jury I would be extremely skeptical as to why the DT did not bring in their own forensic ME.

They have JA's story in direct conflict with the state's ME sequence of events, so it would be to the defense's advantage to contradict the testimony.

Following that line of reasoning, the only reason for the DT to neglect calling a ME to testify is that while they might have found someone willing to say gunshot first, the expert would not be willing to say TA was still a physical threat after that gunshot. So how to justify the stabbings and slit throat? So conclusion is they didn't bring anyone in because it would hurt their case not matter how the expert testified.

Thanks!

I agree there was a misstatement at the other hearing which JW tried, unsuccessfully, to catch him in a lie. He just put in her in her place and Nurmi chuckles. It was priceless. :floorlaugh:

I'm not sure why there is a misunderstanding (in the trial) about Dr. Horn's autopsy findings.

Dr. Horn signed Travis Alexander's autopsy on July 15, 2008 - On the 7-15-08 autopsy Dr. Horn states "Cause of Death as Sharp Force Trauma of neck and torso. Manner: Homicide."

Dr. Horn's Report of Autopsy of Travis Alexander Date of Examination is June 12, 2008. Again, it is signed by Dr. Horn on July 15, 2008. Dr. Horn writes the date 07/15/08 in his own handwriting along with his signature.

I do not know if Dr. Horn meant to write 06/15/08 and by accident wrote 07/15/08 (considering the date of examination was June 12, 2008). After examining Travis Alexander - Dr. Horn would have to wait on toxicologically results.

According to The Report of Autopsy there is about a month between the time that Dr. Horn examined Travis Alexander's body - wrote and signed his report. However, on his report Dr. Horn list the "cause of death as Sharp Force Trauma of neck and torso."

Perhaps Det. Flores was going "back and forth" between which injury came first. Therefore, Det. Flores has a memory of discussing this with Dr. Horn - and perhaps was not certain himself until his report was finalized on July 15, 2008.

I do not know. However, I once thought that Arias shot Travis Alexander first. However, after reading the autopsy and seeing some of the Medical Examiner's photos - I believe that Arias stabbed Travis Alexander first, and, that Arias shot Travis Alexander last.

Here is a link to Dr. Horn's Report of Autopsy for Travis Alexander. I hope that it is helpful. It is confusing as to why there was any misunderstanding in court about how Travis Alexander was murdered - given Dr. Horn's report.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

Ty, I knew she was tracing photos somehow & calling it art :sick:
YES! That is why they are all similarly soulless and flat. She is a fraud through and through. A shadow of a human being and hollow within.

I just thought of the "death threat" incident last week.

Dr. DeMarte's laptop gets stolen from her home, JW gets death threats?

A connection?

And Jennifer Willmott was so concerned about the copyright of the psychological tests Dr. Demarte did!! Remember she was so offended that Juan may have gotten a copy of the tests when he interviewed Dr. D?:floorlaugh:

I'm not going to argue with you, but you might want to ask KatieCoolLady.
Like I said, believe what you want. I've had first hand experience and it IS very real. I guess there are a whole lot of immature people on this site according to your post.

BBM

I have as well.

It has nothing to do with science, so I always laugh when I read it's been debunked by a gazillion scientists. LMAO

There are some things in this world we are not meant to understand and some things that can never be proven. It is not right that some ridicule others for their experiences and beliefs IMO when they themselves cannot prove otherwise.

I can't stand that picture of her with the white jacket, with the hood on. She tries to look so beautiful but is far from. Although I can see how men would see her as a sex symbol.

JA was definitely attractive before she lost all her weight and got hideous looking. She had a baby face that men love and women envy. Unfortunately for JA she looks like a woman in her 40's now. Actually she looks like a 45 year old woman who has been on death row for decades. She literally looks evil.How her attorneys thought this would be a good look for her during trial I don't know.

KC, on the other hand, still looked young and pretty during trial. I bet the stu$id jurors got lured in by that.

If JA's looks plays any part in the jurors decision (and it shouldn't) then it will only be to her detriment.

Didn't the felon Anthony say she was going to start a project too -- to help find missing children? Well, we all know how that worked out!

I don't think Arias can come up with an independent thought on her own. It's impossible.

:banghead:

That's what worries me. I'm thinking about the Anthony's "non-profit" that they dissolved as soon as Casey was off probation. After Dr. Phil dumped a ton of money into it. And they pay the bills "somehow." I feel another "non-profit" coming on...

BBM

I have as well.

It has nothing to do with science, so I always laugh when I read it's been debunked by a gazillion scientists. LMAO

There are some things in this world we are not meant to understand and some things that can never be proven. It is not right that some ridicule others for their experiences and beliefs IMO when they themselves cannot prove otherwise.

I agree. Please let's not put down people for maintaining religious/spiritual or any other out-of-this-world beliefs. :)

I hesitate to post this, so don't yell at me please. Remember reading KCL's account of the day she went with one of the Alexander girls and met the new homeowner? The homeowner told the Alexander sister after some unusual things going on in the home and a shadow she sees. Everyone feels differently about spirits and whether they exist or not. I personally do believe from firsthad experience that my husband, son and I have all experienced.

Ugh. Given that Ghost Hunters and Taps would be specifically trying to contact Travis... they should have the express written consent of Travis' next of kin before doing this. It's not like they are going to any random house trying to contact any random spirit. They would be going to the scene of a gruesome murder and trying to contact a specific person that has been on international news due to the quest to bring him justice. I think doing this (tv shows) w/o the family's consent would be a terrible invasion of privacy for the Alexander family.

Edited to say that I don't believe in any of the ghost hunter type things... I just think it would be disrespectful to the family to drag them through this. They shouldn't use his likeness (if that's the proper term) or his story without the family's permission.

That's not what she said on AZ Family news:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Hoards-of-people-drive-by-home-where-Travis-Alexander-was-killed-204947431.html

:) And yes, i've experience ghosts/spirits. It is weird 6th sense to have, I always tell everyone to be in tune with them; you'll experience them better.

I hesitate to post this, so don't yell at me please. Remember reading KCL's account of the day she went with one of the Alexander girls and met the new homeowner? The homeowner told the Alexander sister after some unusual things going on in the home and a shadow she sees. Everyone feels differently about spirits and whether they exist or not. I personally do believe from firsthad experience that my husband, son and I have all experienced.

I was re-watching some of the trial on YouTube & Dr. Demarte testifies about the other psychologist hired by the defense--Dr. Carp. Jodi told Carp "significantly more" DV incidents, much more than the 4 she then told Samuels & ALV. That, to me, is proof she's lying about all of it.

ITA, why weren't Doc S and ALV concerned about that lack of consistency?
The most unsettling thing about both the above experts, is a total disregard for secondary gain. How could you go in to these interviews with JA without your guard up as she had so much motive to lie? You are an expert witness not a member of the defense team.

Like I said, believe what you want. I've had first hand experience and it IS very real. I guess there are a whole lot of immature people on this site according to your post.
I'm not Horace and I am sorry for butting in - but I don't think anyone here is immature, I think we all have different beliefs. I grew up in a home that believed in ghosts, spirits etc. That is why I became interested in it and eventually my research led me to all the scientific debunking. There has never been a single psychic phenomenon that has been done in a controlled scientific lab that hasn't been debunked. Trust me, I would be only too happy to find proof of it, but there are so many charlatans that I no longer believe in anything other than science. I do know there are many things we cannot understand, but we will in the future, all due to science and empirical evidence.

I agree. Please let's not put down people for maintaining religious/spiritual or any other out-of-this-world beliefs. :)
I don't want to put anyone down. If it is real for you, I respect that. I'm just saying that I am upset by so many charlatans that prey on the bereaved through so-called psychic phenomenon that can be debunked. I wish with all my heart that I *could* find proof of an afterlife, angels etc. I believe I'd be a lot happier and more at peace. Sadly it is in my nature to question everything and desire scientific proof.

ITA. And it rankles me that they prey on the bereaved.

The ones who do that are despicable human beings IMO.

However, there are scammers in every occupation, bar none. IMO one's belief in a topic such as the one being discussed is personal and generally limited to one's personal experiences. Going to a shingle hanging out the door psychic looking for her to tell you things is just asking to be scammed.

Fools and their money are soon parted. In every occupation.

IMO

Thanks, but Katiecoolady does not inform my opinions or think for me.

Yes I do find adults believing in this stuff immature (not the entire person, just that part of their life) and the entire community of "ghost hunters" are a detestable bunch for increasing stigma against people with mental illness (oh no! A mental hospital...must be haunted because of all the evil psychos there lol), scamming people with pseudo science among other things. It just has no place in the 21st century.

I ask myself if it's more likely that the laws of physics and nature were suddenly suspended and supernatural occurrences were seen...or if the people (sincere as they may be) were under a misapprehension. I go with occam's razor and side with the likelihood of a misapprehension.

Ugh. Given that Ghost Hunters and Taps would be specifically trying to contact Travis... they should have the express written consent of Travis' next of kin before doing this. It's not like they are going to any random house trying to contact any random spirit. They would be going to the scene of a gruesome murder and trying to contact a specific person that has been on international news due to the quest to bring him justice. I think doing this (tv shows) w/o the family's consent would be a terrible invasion of privacy for the Alexander family.

Edited to say that I don't believe in any of the ghost hunter type things... I just think it would be disrespectful to the family to drag them through this. They shouldn't use his likeness (if that's the proper term) or his story without the family's permission.

Gosh I hope they don't film anything in his house, I don't know how that could ever sit well with the family.

Speaking of TV related things, I just saw a movie scheduled on Multiplex called 'A Million To Juan'...I don't know what it's about but I bet those are the same odds JA has of ever leaving prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie