State v. Bradley Cooper 03/16/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Less for todays play by play. Arthritis won't let me keep up. :)

I won't be able to all day - but while I could I thought I would contribute. Sometimes I don't even get to listen and I so appreciate when others give us what's going on as it's happening. If I can help, I'm glad to. Short witness and I was so ready for the next. LOL!

While we're waiting for the camera to get up and running, I have a confession.

I sit here before I have to go to work and knit while watching the case. It hit me last night that I've turned into that Madame Defarge. (I think that she's the one who was knitting in the French Revolution watching people go to the guillotine)

Does anyone know why the prosecution objected to the photo being introduced? My guess is because that was an item that they intended to introduce as one of their exhibits but now the defense has it marked as a defense exhibit. (Does that make sense?) Anybody with any law experience know why or anyone else have a guess?

While we're waiting for the camera to get up and running, I have a confession.

I sit here before I have to go to work and knit while watching the case. It hit me last night that I've turned into that Madame Defarge. (I think that she's the one who was knitting in the French Revolution watching people go to the guillotine)
Might be a fairly lengthy trial. Can I put in my order for socks? :)

Do you have to be alive for the dog to pick up scent? I missed that part.

Repost: not sure what happened to the first one

No, you do not have to be alive, but the dog must be trained for Human Remains. It is usually part of Search and Rescue.

I just "read" an audiobook called "The Scent of the Missing" very good.

Among the things I picked up:

Human Remains dogs have been known to alert in a cemetary where bodies have not been buried for 100 years, but are still giving off scent.

Trees growing in cemetaries have caused dogs to scratch the tree, the roots are picking up the decomposition scents and pulling it into the tree.

Human remains dogs are sensitive to the specific scent that HUMAN decomposition creates. They do not alert just because you can smell something dead

Human Remains dogs can find bodies that are under water.

Does anyone know why the prosecution objected to the photo being introduced? My guess is because that was an item that they intended to introduce as one of their exhibits but now the defense has it marked as a defense exhibit. (Does that make sense?) Anybody with any law experience know why or anyone else have a guess?
I think it's more that the defense is going out of sequence procedurally. They say it's to save time....not having to recall a witness later.

I could use some knitted goods myself, Madame.

Madame-Defarge.jpg

Hey! How'd you find that picture of me???

Funnily enough, I do have a shawl on today as it is kind of chilly. :D

I think it's more that the defense is going out of sequence procedurally. They say it's to save time....not having to recall a witness later.

I understood the defense excuse that it was to save time but the prosecution did not object to the introduction of the water bill or the introduction of the customer loyalty printout from BJ's. There were 8 or 9 items introduced by the defense before the prosecution objected and then it was the police photograph which you would think would be a prosecution exhibit. I thought maybe this was another sneaky defense trick to take the wind out of the prosecutions sails. Can the same item be marked as both a defense exhibit and a prosecution exhibit?

This is very slow going. Does anyone know how long this trial was projected to last? TIA

I understood the defense excuse that it was to save time but the prosecution did not object to the introduction of the water bill or the introduction of the customer loyalty printout from BJ's. There were 8 or 9 items introduced by the defense before the prosecution objected and then it was the police photograph which you would think would be a prosecution exhibit. I thought maybe this was another sneaky defense trick to take the wind out of the prosecutions sails. Can the same item be marked as both a defense exhibit and a prosecution exhibit?
Hellifino. :)

I thought maybe it was a picture of her without a necklace... without a 'time frame' for when it was taken. But I wasn't watching/listening at the time of the objection.

I have my own opinion on this, but I'm sure I would be characterized as being nuts if I stated what it was. LOL! I'm always thinking about how sneaky the defense can be.

I sure hope we're not missing testimony!

How long does it take to argue and the judge to rule?

I'm looking at the twitter of the trial by Amanda Lamb and it is showing testimony going on now. I'm still looking at a test screen on what is supposed to be the live feed.

I thought maybe it was a picture of her without a necklace... without a 'time frame' for when it was taken. But I wasn't watching/listening at the time of the objection.

No, it was a picture taken by police of the bedroom (specifically the bed) and how it looked that day when they responded to the home.

I'm looking at the twitter of the trial by Amanda Lamb and it is showing testimony going on now. I'm still looking at a test screen on what is supposed to be the live feed.
Same here...even after hitting refresh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member