State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: I sent a list of questions to Brad's lawyer, Howard Kurtz, & he responded with Brad's answers. #coopertrial
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: Brad's attorney said he was willing to help police, but we felt we weren't getting right assistance from Brad. #coopertrial
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Cummings--In the depo, how many times did Brad answer 'to the best of my knowledge"? Daniels, "I don't know". Shot in the foot.

Does anyone believe that a woman who had been 'out' had a couple of drinks, went to bed at 12:30ish... got up at 4:30AM (remained awake) and ran at 7 AM?

I wouldn't reasonably believe that she would go running after drinking, being up with a child since 4 am.

I could give my decision right now, why would that be a mistrial...look at oj deliberations for a year long trial...was it 20 mins?

Although it wasn't a murder trial, I have served on a jury before, and the realization that someones whole life hangs in the balance with your decision is HUGE. At the first vote, we all voted guilty. The foreman asked us to name the reasons WHY we voted that way. We DISCUSSED the case for almost 4 hours, even though no one changed their vote.

in the deposition, BC used some term repeatedly. was it "to the best of my knowledge"?

Mistrial because of the length of time it took a jury to reach a verdict?? Has that ever happened?

No idea, but snowshuze is correct, because it's now on the record that the jury is asking when this is going to be 'done' it's gives off the impression they are in a rush if they barely take any time to deliberate. May not mean anything in the long run.

Cummings--In the depo, how many times did Brad answer 'to the best of my knowledge"? Daniels, "I don't know". Shot in the foot.

What??!!! He said it on every question!!

Does anyone believe that a woman who had been 'out' had a couple of drinks, went to bed at 12:30ish... got up at 4:30AM (remained awake) and ran at 7 AM?

I'd believe that before I'd believe that she'd be up at that time doing laundry together with Brad when they were out of detergent, as claimed in deposition.

Seems Jury is now in a hurry.....quick verdict?

Seems the google map search made an impression.
Now they want to vote and go home, knowing the rest of the trial will be just going through the motions. Plus, listening to Kurtz and his hired guns lie for 2 more weeks :snooty:

Mistrial because of the length of time it took a jury to reach a verdict?? Has that ever happened?

Not to my knowledge, but who knows? Asking for a mistrial is a common thing, for any number of reasons. As long as there is even a HINT of something stinky, it could happen.
MOO and stuff.

It sounds like they could do that in hopes of getting a mistrial. If enough jurors can't go into May, that could be an issue. This won't wrap by May 1st.

I could see it wrapping by May. The defense is way more to the point than the state. I think they will only bring relevant material into this, unlike the state.

I don't read anything into the jury asking if this would be over by May. From the start, this was predicted to be 4-6 weeks. It would have been nice if the state hadn't wasted days and days carting all that evidence out that meant absolutely nothing.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: We reviewed Brad's deposition and compared his answers with what he told us previously and what we discovered.

The jury asking for a time estimate seems completely reasonable to me. For those hoping for a mistrial, maybe a glimmer of hope? I don't see it....but, I've always believed Brad to be a lying, cowardly killer. My deliberation would take about 2 seconds.

No how, no way am I hoping for a mistrial. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa