State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of cake.

You hook the computer up to the router by either a serial "roll-over" cable or start a telnet session to the router. Type in the configuration commands and disconnect it.

You have a configured router, and no logs or traces left on the computer.

So, you DO have to use the computer for the configuration, but you don't have to leave a trail.

Your PC wouldn't leave a trace log of a telnet session?

This is an incredible exchange that went down between JA and MH btw.

Two other options:
1) call was initiated by a command issued based on a timer on the router
2) connection was made via a WiFi Internet connection. Does HT or any neighboring store have a WiFi hotspot?

(paraphrasing from cross)

defense: do you have any proof that BC engineered any automated calls from his home phone to his cell phone the morning of 7/12

lead detective: no, we have no proof of that

Wow, JA told him that he shouldn't talk to the police...only JA should talk to the police since she reported it.

Did I hear correctly? He is testifying that he was trying to calm down JA after NC's disappearance?

Very interesting. JA made the call, so she told MH only she would talk to the police. She was worried about the tennis plans it sounds like.

And I thought a search warrant was served at cisco too? Wasn't it?

My understanding it was only on his office. That was what they had locked. I do not believe they made an attempt to retrieve that router because they wouldn't have known about that router at that point since they found out about it from email logs of the receipt.

They could have bought new ones.

At 12:06pm in the deposition, Brad said he was avoiding purchasing new ones by installing phones he acquired via Cisco. Thus my conclusion that he must have had a router with an fxo port, so he could use the SIP wireless phones on his home line.

fwiw, what macd stated is 100% correct, the configuration and logs would exist only on the router.

You need to read ahead. SleuthinNC said he would have had to be nearby to do it that way. He was at HT.

So record of the call manager he would have needed to set up should have been found either on the computer or billing records, right?

No, it could all be contained within the router, no computer necessary.

Your PC wouldn't leave a trace log of a telnet session?

Depends on the program. I have used several, and I know there are secure telnet programs, although I have not used them.

PuTty comes to mind. In fact, I have suspected that BC was running PuTty on the Blackjack and that is how the remote call was triggered.

Before my back gets overloaded with folks jumping on it, let me say that:

1. It was not found on the BlackJack
2. It is MY OPINION
3. He was seen pressing keys on the HT video
4. There was data useage at the time of the HT trip.

Very interesting. JA made the call, so she told MH only she would talk to the police. She was worried about the tennis plans it sounds like.

This is very disturbing, and in fact criminal if true.

Is there going to be afternoon session today or is this the day they are only in session till lunchtime??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonwilso