State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is human nature to "circle the wagons" when something tragic happens in the life
(or death) of a loved one. To say that they framed the brad, planted evidence, manipulated evidence etc. etc. etc. is not credible. JMO

You should go back and watch the testimony from yesterday. Yes, it is boring but very important *facts* came out that can't be dismissed as not credible.

Where we used to live, we got far more Mormons than Jehovah's. But that's true, the Mormons *usually* ride bikes, not vans.

"Outlaw Mormon Bikers", there's a completely unexplored group of suspects.....

There could have been a van with people engaging in criminal activity on July 11th who thought she may have witnessed them doing something when she went home that night. They see her the next morning follow her and kill the witness. They attempt to remove her clothing, can't get the sport bra off so they leave it and dump the body quickly. Motive wasn't robbery so they don't worry about the earrings.

Is that really so incredibly far-fetched as to not even be worth looking into?

In my opinion, yes. There could also have been a space ship that swooped down and grabbed her up. *Reasonable* is the key here IMO.

:ufo:

Actually, no one testified to any of that nor has the defense suggested it. What we have heard is that the CPD was not interested in sending any detectives to follow-up on police reports/statements concerning possible suspicious or criminal activity in the immediate vicinity prior to and just after NC disappearance. When a person is missing - those are the things you do.

If the tipsters had already given their reports, what further information would they have? And if they suddenly had a revelation that they'd seen something relevant, wouldn't that be suspicious?

You should go back and watch the testimony from yesterday. Yes, it is boring but very important *facts* came out that can't be dismissed as not credible.

Correct sunshine, and the facts point to file manipulation by someone other than BC prior to the forensic examination.

Is the evidence compromised? apparently so.

Did someone frame BC? not relevant to the state of the evidence.

same here... except I would be carrying a Glock 19. :)

I have a .357 in my bedside drawer. I would not hesitate to use it. I am licensed to carry and know how to use it. Since I am a widow, I am very security oriented.

If the tipsters had already given their reports, what further information would they have? And if they suddenly had a revelation that they'd seen something relevant, wouldn't that be suspicious?

Yes, as suspicious as HP remembering, much later than her original story, that she knew for a fact that NC's earrings were screw-back. That, of course turned out to be a lie.

2 things....a) I would never been able to get back in bed without being sure all was okay near my home, police or not. I think it's a a guy thing... b) I keep a baseball bat near the door and would have had that with me when I went out.

When our garage door went up in the middle of the night, we were each armed with our S&W .357's, and I made sure to loudly call out, I have my gun honey, bring yours....... :maddening:

For a homicide investigation, you'd think a detective would personally interview these people just in case they (by their training/experience) were able to extract or glean additional info/insight. I'm sure these folks would have come down to the station. A patrolman taking a report is not a homicide detective.

Yes, as suspicious as HP remembering, much later than her original story, that she knew for a fact that NC's earrings were screw-back. That, of course turned out to be a lie.

I can do you one better - how about the police officer who later "remembered" seeing hay in the foyer of the Cooper residence?

But HP wasn't a random tipster, right? HP was required to give excruciating detail that was more relevant to the case than where to construction workers choose to stand on a Saturday morning. Also of note, in the original report by the Fielding Dr. lady, it was a work van. Years on it seems to be not a work van. Was it a work van or wasn't it? Is her memory better now than then?

It's just hard to believe this is what our DA's office has for ammo.

Edit, sorry, I mean defense attorney no district attorney. This is all fairly new to me.

I am not sure if people here actually realize just how much suspicious activites go on every night, especially in the warm weather months..As a shift worker for decades, I (we) use to take breaks outside, often in the shadows of the building (hospital) and yes middle of the night indeed..3-4 AM often. We yakked and observed van, cars and running young people down the street..Hear loud voices, laughing and screetching of tires, all sorts of things..One time we heard a loud crashing in of windows...and saw a group of young people flee from the scene...End of that story was, the police brought in 2 youngsters, with massive cuts (received when breaking that window)..

Its just amazing what goes on in the dead of night..and yes..some is suspicious, and some just plain cabboodling about...but you couldnt even suggest some of this be connected to a robbery half mile away, that occurred 10 hours later??..The police have enough to do in following hot leads and evidence at hand close to the case..not what we saw hours before. However, IF bulletins get distributed soliciting info..We may just give that info..esp. if we could identify a person, or license of vehicle or articles of clothing...BUT to claim poor investigations is just that..claiming done by someone who is suspected to have actually done it..

Sorry, off my soapbox about this....Of course nefarious activities go on during night time hours..and one simply has to understand its the Investigators who are tasked to link up possible connection to their crime. :twocents:

Total new person here - glad to have found you all.

I've been waiting for something good from the defense, and want to make sure I have today's testimony completely clear in my mind: On Friday night, the criminals were smart enough to drive away with the lights off in order to avoid detection. By Saturday morning, they had painted their van another color to avoid detection and were in full of neighborhood residents while they just waited for a jogging victim to come by so they could pick her off and dump her some yards down the road. Rather than putting her body in the van and getting the heck out of there. Have I got this correct?

I do wonder, also, at the need for these witnesses for follow up by CPD. They had no further information to give, did they? Did they really expect CPD to personally call on every single tipster who phoned in information? As a citizen, I prefer my tax dollars to go to officers who are actively working a case, rather than coming around for a chit chat to assure that the information I already gave is, ah, still the same.

:wagon:

:Banane17::Banane59::Banane47:

When our garage door went up in the middle of the night, we were each armed with our S&W .357's, and I made sure to loudly call out, I have my gun honey, bring yours....... :maddening:

I have considered a gun but with three kids in the house and a home daycare, just can't justify keeping a gun in the house even with safety locks.

In my opinion, yes. There could also have been a space ship that swooped down and grabbed her up. *Reasonable* is the key here IMO.

:ufo:

Hm, the other night I heard a low hum outside, just assumed it was a small plane, who knows!

I found it interesting the prosecution asked several defense witnesses if they had been shown copies of CPD reports when interviewed by the defense....and none had.

But HP wasn't a random tipster, right? HP was required to give excruciating detail that was more relevant to the case than where to construction workers choose to stand on a Saturday morning. Also of note, in the original report by the Fielding Dr. lady, it was a work van. Years on it seems to be not a work van. Was it a work van or wasn't it? Is her memory better now than then?

It's just hard to believe this is what our DA's office has for ammo.

Edit, sorry, I mean defense attorney no district attorney. This is all fairly new to me.

Bottle Cap,

Has the CPD identified and spoken to the men associated with that van?

1) if you were a detective don't you think it would be helpful to your investigation to talk to them (an not necessarily as suspects), bearing in mind the time they were seen there and the loc of the body?

2) Would you think if they were construction workers they would be pretty easy to track down?

3) If they were not construction workers, or working for anyone there you might want to know exactly what they were doing there.

Bottle Cap,

Has the CPD identified and spoken to the men associated with that van?

1) if you were a detective don't you think it would be helpful to your investigation to talk to them (an not necessarily as suspects), bearing in mind the time they were seen there and the loc of the body?

2) Would you think if they were construction workers they would be pretty easy to track down?

3) If they were not construction workers, or working for anyone there you might want to know exactly what they were doing there.

With what I know about construction and the immigration status of Hispanic construction workers, I'd say theres about a snowballs chance in hell of tracking them down.

Long time WS here, I have not had nerve to post, just wondering why this one thing is so important to you? Do you think that HP killed Nancy, do you think this is just an honest mistake on her part? I have two pairs of diamond earrings (tiny ones so I am not bragging) both pairs have screw backs, my 9 year old daughter got her ears pierced for her birthday, she got cubic zirconia earrings, hers have screw backs, I might assume that all diamond-ish earrings have screwbacks and say the same thing. Does that make me a suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500