Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that's true. But do you think that there's anything to gain for Elaine? Or do you think that she's going to this mediation for some other reason?

She did say she wAnted answers to some of her questions and was hoping the mediator would help her get those.

T:So you ARE out there searching..

Oh absolutely…now you know, I mean, at this point, here we are past the 6 month mark , ya know, I'll I'll be honest with ya, I don't believe D is in the lake…I don't believe he's near my home and he's certainly I don't think that he is in La Platte County…Does that mean I know where to go to[ lurk] look?

T; Why do you think that…

MR ; Well because…I don't think that , I don't think that Dylan is anywhere in this area and he hasn't been from the very beginning of this..I mean obviously in the first few days nobody knew anything and so we were trying to sort all the pieces of this together and trying to figure out and understand, ya know, the direction that we needed to be going ..so that we had a clear understanding of they areas that we needed to go to to be able to find Dylan…ya know In the very few first days I didn't think about him being abducted…ya know it came to my attention that the dog handlers that had initially come up here ya know indicated that they picked up his scent up to 50 feet from my house and past that there was no scent of him, so even the dogs were having a hard time, with that
that being said, that kinda indicates to me that he could very well have possibly gotten into a vehicle and known who he was with or he set out on his own and never made it to his destination..I don't know but nobody wants their first thought to be that their child is being abducted thats what we have all these people involved for, so we can try to better understand what we're truly up against.

SO WHY IS HE CRITICIZING LE NOW, for not going with an Amber Alert, when he himself did not think of this as an abduction, either.

Also, it is worth going back to this section and listening again, to the tone and inflection in his voice. I listened again and again to transcribe this, and when he describes this :

"that kinda indicates to me that he could very well have possibly gotten into a vehicle and known who he was with or he set out on his own and never made it to his destination.."

imo, there is absolutely NO EMOTION in his voice. nothing, as he describes what he thinks happened to his son. That really threw me. ER was so emotionally fragile that she could barely speak about it.

I wonder what makes MR think Dylan is not in the area , does he know more than LE?

Maybe LE didn't take anything from the truck.

Maybe, but highly unlikely Imo. Since LE continued to seek information about any time after Dylan was picked up by his father (in the truck), and they performed a search of the truck, I would guess they were quite interested in any possible evidence in the truck.

We're focusing on the wrong things, IMO. Focusing on Elaine and her relationship with her ex is counter-productive.

Dylan's last known presence was at home and it was at 9:37pm. There is no sign of him after that. That's the timeline, folks.

MR has zero credibility because he can not be ruled out, he has not cooperated, he refused to do what any other innocent parent would do--take a polygraph, and on top of that he plays games.

The dog tracked Dylan's scent to only 50 ft away. Think about that.

No one saw or heard from Dylan after 9:37pm. Think about that too.

Where is LE?

Where is the FBI?

Is this case still being actively investigated?

Elaine trying to get MR to talk to her or answer questions is futile, unless her real goal is to get him to make statements that can later be used against him should he be charged with Dylan's disappearance.

So glad to see you here! Your posts on the Isabelle Celis threads really helped me understand how LE works. :seeya:

Yes, this is still an active investigation between LPCSO/CBI/FBI. They aren't releasing much to the public; in fact, the last Press Release was in March or April. All the Press Releases should be in the media thread. :moo:

T:So you ARE out there searching..

Oh absolutely…now you know, I mean, at this point, here we are past the 6 month mark , ya know, I'll I'll be honest with ya, I don't believe D is in the lake…I don't believe he's near my home and he's certainly I don't think that he is in La Platte County…Does that mean I know where to go to[ lurk] look?

T; Why do you think that…

MR ; Well because…I don't think that , I don't think that Dylan is anywhere in this area and he hasn't been from the very beginning of this..I mean obviously in the first few days nobody knew anything and so we were trying to sort all the pieces of this together and trying to figure out and understand, ya know, the direction that we needed to be going ..so that we had a clear understanding of they areas that we needed to go to to be able to find Dylan…ya know In the very few first days I didn't think about him being abducted…ya know it came to my attention that the dog handlers that had initially come up here ya know indicated that they picked up his scent up to 50 feet from my house and past that there was no scent of him, so even the dogs were having a hard time, with that
that being said, that kinda indicates to me that he could very well have possibly gotten into a vehicle and known who he was with or he set out on his own and never made it to his destination..I don't know but nobody wants their first thought to be that their child is being abducted thats what we have all these people involved for, so we can try to better understand what we're truly up against.

SO WHY IS HE CRITICIZING LE NOW, for not going with an Amber Alert, when he himself did not think of this as an abduction, either.

Also, it is worth going back to this section and listening again, to the tone and inflection in his voice. I listened again and again to transcribe this, and when he describes this :

"that kinda indicates to me that he could very well have possibly gotten into a vehicle and known who he was with or he set out on his own and never made it to his destination.."

imo, there is absolutely NO EMOTION in his voice. nothing, as he describes what he thinks happened to his son. That really threw me. ER was so emotionally fragile that she could barely speak about it.
I forget what Mark said about Amber Alerts. Did he agree that LE should only issue an Amber Alert when there's reason to believe that the child was abducted or does he want the requirements loosened?

Maybe, but highly unlikely Imo. Since LE continued to seek information about any time after Dylan was picked up by his father (in the truck), and they performed a search of the truck, I would guess they were quite interesred in any possible evidence in the truck.

I think that if there was no evidence of a crime being committed inside the truck that could explain why nothing was taken from it. The only way LE would be able to determine this if they searched the truck. MOO.

I'm sure that's true. But do you think that there's anything to gain for Elaine? Or do you think that she's going to this mediation for some other reason?

I think Elaine has questions for Mark and if he answers them, then yes she could gain answers to whatever questions she is seeking. I also believe if Elaine refused mediation, many people would have been critical of her. Similar to Mark refusing the poly on the DP show. In my opinion, Elaine is cooperating in every way she can to bring her son home.

I think Elaine has questions for Mark and if he answers them, then yes she could gain answers to whatever questions she is seeking. I also believe if Elaine refused mediation, many people would have been critical of her. Similar to Mark refusing the poly on the DP show. In my opinion, Elaine is cooperating in every way she can to bring her son home.

Yes, not going to mediation and not taking a polygraph are both high profile behaviors. I'm very glad she went.

I think that if there was no evidence of a crime being committed inside the truck that could explain why nothing was taken from it. The only way LE would be able to determine this if they searched the truck. MOO.

Yes, but there was no evidence of a crime being committed in the house either (as far as we know) and that didn't stop LE from taking swabs and items, that might later be used as evidence.

I forget what Mark said about Amber Alerts. Did he agree that LE should only issue an Amber Alert when there's reason to believe that the child was abducted or does he want the requirements loosened?

What he says about Amber Alerts is very convoluted. First he discusses the cause document for the Search Warrant, and says it discusses kidnapping, and then he says there is no difference between kidnapping and abduction, therefor LE should have agreed to an AA, because they admitted in the SW that there was a kidnapping/abduction....:waitasec:

PAY ATTENTION HERE:

IT APPEARS SOME OF OUR MEMBERS ARE SLEUTHING OTHER MEMBERS AND BULLYING THEM ON FACEBOOK.

We can't do anything about facebook wars and this is exactly why we don't allow facebook here.

BUT.... if you are participating in this petty, bullying behavior and you are found out, you will lose our membership here. It is against our TOS to sleuth other members.

And frankly, I have had it with the petty, witching, out to get you attitude, just because someone doesn't think the way you do. Those of you participating in this petty behavior should really go take a long look in the mirror. Just go look at yourself for a few minutes. Is this what you teach your children? How to be spiteful and vengeful just because the other child happens to like someone your child doesn't like?

Good Lord - GET A GRIP and STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE IN JUNIOR HIGH.

Honestly, even the junior high kids I know, act better than this.

Enough already.

Salem

Do we actually KNOW nothing was taken from it? Has LE confirmed that the list we have over on the SW thread is ALL there is? IMO, until that happens, we cannot know for certain that nothing was taken from the truck.

If the truck has been returned to Mark, then there probably wasn't any evidence of a crime being committed inside of the truck. That does not, however, mean there was no evidence in the truck that might point to Dylan being taken somewhere else in it, unless confirmed by LE.

What he says about Amber Alerts is very convoluted. First he discusses the cause document for the Search Warrant, and says it discusses kidnapping, and then he says there is no difference between kidnapping and abduction, therefor LE should have agreed to an AA, because they admitted in the SW that there was a kidnapping/abduction....:waitasec:

Here's something Mark said last month about Amber Alerts.
“I am asking that we stop and evaluate the process as a community, to come up with a more productive approach in the search for Dylan and missing children across the country,” he wrote in the statement. “No child who is missing should have to wait for certain criteria to be met before the public is notified and an alert be sent out.”

Here is the Amber Alert Criteria for Colorado from the CBI website.

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the AMBER Plan criteria:

1. The abducted child must be 17 years of age or younger
2. The abducted child must be in immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death
3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe a broadcast will assist or aid in the recovery
4. The activation must be requested by a local local law enforcement agency or AMBER Designee from another state.

Mark Redwine didn't say anything about abductions or kidnappings being a requirement before an Amber Alert is issued and wanting to change that. Mark used those words when talking about the search warrants but not Amber Alerts as far as I can tell. MOO.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...519520/0/FRONTPAGE/Mark-Redwine-knocks-search

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPS-CBIInvestigations/CBON/1251621993529#Amber_Alert_Process

Do we actually KNOW nothing was taken from it? Has LE confirmed that the list we have over on the SW thread is ALL there is? IMO, until that happens, we cannot know for certain that nothing was taken from the truck.

If the truck has been returned to Mark, then there probably wasn't any evidence of a crime being committed inside of the truck. That does not, however, mean there was no evidence in the truck that might point to Dylan being taken somewhere else in it, unless confirmed by LE.

I was responding to the OP that said they would like to see what items were seized from the truck as if it is a known fact that things were taken from the truck. I brought up the possibility that LE didn't take anything from Mark's truck and gave a reason why.

I never claimed that LE did not in fact seize anything from Mark's truck.

Ranch just jumping off your post .

So MR is being obtuse as LE did not even know it was a abduction off the bat so how can Mark not comprehend that ?

Then clearly add in the fact even if LE thought it was a abduction as there was no descriptive information available . So how could they put out a AA?!

Neither Mark Redwine or the CBI say anything about abductions or kidnappings being a requirement before an Amber Alert is issued. Mark used those words when talking about the search warrants but not Amber Alerts as far as I can tell. MOO.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...519520/0/FRONTPAGE/Mark-Redwine-knocks-search

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPS-CBIInvestigations/CBON/1251621993529#Amber_Alert_Process

I am surprised that you are saying that CBI does not require abduction/kidnapping before issuing an AA. Look at what you posted from the CBI website:

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the AMBER Plan criteria:

2. The abducted child must be in immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death
3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe a broadcast will assist or aid in the recovery
4. The activation must be requested by a local local law enforcement agency or AMBER Designee from another state.

I am surprised that you are saying that CBI does not require abduction/kidnapping before issuing an AA. Look at what you posted from the CBI website:

I know. I screwed up and changed it to just Mark. He could be talking about the descriptive information part and not the term "abducted child." He may feel that the description of the missing child alone should be enough to issue an alert. MOO.

“I am asking that we stop and evaluate the process as a community, to come up with a more productive approach in the search for Dylan and missing children across the country,” he wrote in the statement. “No child who is missing should have to wait for certain criteria to be met before the public is notified and an alert be sent out.”

Neither Mark Redwine or the CBI say anything about abductions or kidnappings being a requirement before an Amber Alert is issued. Mark used those words when talking about the search warrants but not Amber Alerts as far as I can tell. MOO.

BBM: The CBI does say that "Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child". I would think that means the child has to be determined as being abducted. Extrapolating from that, if no one saw the child being abducted, you would have to check places the child might be first, which could take some time. So you couldn't use an Amber Alert until a child is confirmed abducted.

I'm not arguing the point that maybe there needs to be another kind of alert, just trying to figure out exactly WHEN whatever kind of alert would be sent out when a parent cannot find their child. If, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 800,000 children are reported missing each year, that averages to 2192 alerts a day (that includes runaways). I don't think that would work. People would stop paying attention or turn off the alerts.

In this case, it still would easily be a day or two days to search nearby and make sure he was not somewhere hurt, or with some friends. It seems to me that no matter what, there would have to be some kind of criteria to determine when to send out what kind of alert, else the alerts would get too overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeepingKat